Dulux Ceiling White

• Longevity

Amateur Painter

Amateur PainterCentral Queensland, QLD

Really poor finish

Applied two coats to ceiling in hallway. Cornice has shiny patches and celing shows streaks and dried patchy. Drying time was okay, 24hours between coats. Not happy will need to repaint with different brand.

Purchased in September 2020 at Inspirations Paint.

Scott C

Scott CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointed with results

10 litres on the ceiling used for 2 coats and the finish is terrible. There are streaks and patches where it looks like parts have been missed even though both coats were very thorough. The finish appears to have shiny streaks, almost as if it has not dried properly.. I’ve used Dulux for over 20 years and have not been let down in the past, but given these results, I think my time and money may be better spent elsewhere.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Gab

GabSydney, NSW

What has changed? Terrible coverage. Waste of time and Money

I have always been a fan of Dulux for as long as i can remember, but unfortunately after my latest experience painting my entire house, i will never use this brand again. The ceiling white seems to have been watered down, does not cover at all, leaves roller streaks and marks even after the 2nd coat, my cornices alone needed 4 coats just to provide adequate coverage. Whats worse is i have already purchased all my wall colour in Dulux and am now dreading using it, due to the extra work and labour that may be required to get the right finish. Whats happened Dulux?? Totally disappointed in this product. Be warned!

Purchased in July 2020 at Inspirations Paint Physical store for A$179.00.

Ryan

RyanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Update: Still not great coverage - Customer service was outstanding.

Had a bad experience with 1L of ceiling paint not even covering a 3rd of what was claimed. Dulux customer service was outstanding in working through the issue. Having given a new can a go, it was better, but still not happy with the claimed coverage. Used an entire additional 2L to finish the one ceiling. Wall paint was brilliant though.

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$29.99.

belinda b.Dulux

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query,Rayn We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! – The Dulux Team.

ThatHurts

ThatHurtsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Long time fan--not any more

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Toby T

Toby TGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

UPDATE - almost 3 years later and still cannot live in our home after using this product!!

Purchased in August 2017 at Mitre 10 for A$50.00.

what has happened to Dulux Ceiling White

Having used this paint for many years and always seemed to cover well and have a good finish with 2 coats but now this paint seems thinner and even 2 coats show roller marks and streaks. I've bought a longer nap roller but little better. Just finished second 4lt can on living area, poor coverage???? What is wrong with this?

Purchased in April 2013.

Renee B.Dulux
IanW

IanWMelbourne

Good luck if you choose this product, you’ll need it!

Just as the other have said, roller marks. It is dry so quickly, l found keeping a wet edge impossible. I used a microfibre roller, switched to a wool blend for the second coat, minor improvement. I won’t be using Dulux paint again. It’s great selling a product with low V.O.C. but not at the expense of the products usability.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Ryan

RyanSydney, NSW

House smells damp & Pee like

Purchased Dulux Ceiling Paint from Bunnings as Dulux is usually the best paint and it was on sale, now I know why, How wrong was I this time.
Spent all Easter Painting the ceilings twice due to streaks after first quote & now 6 days later my house stinks like pee.

Didn’t Think I would have search the internet to see if others had the same issue & totally flabbergasted to see these reviews, wish I did before I spent all Easter painting this inferior product on my ceiling.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$196.00.

Daniel

DanielSydney, NSW

Very poor and embarrassing thanks Dulux for destroying my house.

After spending hundreds of dollars on Dulux ceiling paint and finishing my whole house I couldn’t figure out what went wrong. After reading all these reviews I now understand. 3 coats to try and cover up this terrible finish. Patchy and roller marks everywhere. Every single roller movement can be seen. Huge job now to repaint with another (probably cheaper) product. I have used Dulux ceiling paint on my old house and it was fine. Maybe watered down to save some money Dulux?

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$800.00.

jandiSydney, NSW

Very poor and patchy coverage. Won’t even seal minor stains.

Had to apply three coats over a white ceiling in good condition. It won’t even cover the several slight stains that I would have expected. Dulux Ceiling White (4L, $50 approx, and 2L, $42 approx, Mitre10). Very disappointed in this brand now. Will have to change brands to do the rest of the house, in and out.

Purchased in February 2020 at Mitre10 for A$92.00.

Tracy Edmonds

Tracy EdmondsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of Money

After 2 coats, the ceiling is still streaky and inconsistent, our painter is speechless. Spoke to another painter and he said he's had the same problem with the same Dulux paint, they even had to call a Dulux rep out, wish I'd known this beforehand. Complete waste of money for the product itself and now extra time and money to our painter to re-do it all with a different brand. Argghh - I'll be submitting a complaint to Bunnings too, they need to be aware they are stocking rubbish products.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$130.00.

CraigSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just painted my whole house. Used Dulux ceiling white 2 coats and very unhappy.

Escalated to Dulux and have not been treated well. They suggested I didnt put enough paint on roller. Switched to Taubmans ceiling white. Impeccable after one coat. Even and no roller marks. I highly recommend the Taubmans ceiling white. Half my ceilings need to be redone after 2 coats of Dulux. The other half are great with just one coat of Taubmans. Dulux you are welcome to come and look.

Purchased in November 2019.

Terrible ceiling paint

Repaint of large kitchen/dinning area ceiling approx 9 x 6 metres. Over lapping lines everywhere after the first coat, applied second coat the next day (rolled North - South 1st coat then East - West the 2nd) & still the same result.....Fixed the problem applying a 3rd coat Solver maxi ceiling paint. 24yrs in the painting trade & have never come across this problem! Only using Dulux on ceilings & walls as the owners wanted it. Have always used Solver maxi for ceilings & walls, but use Dulux for top coat on woodwork. Pic on the left is after the Solver maxi ceiling paint was applied, pic on the right is the 2 coats of Dulux ceiling paint.

Purchased in December 2019.

RodGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst coverage and smell I have ever experienced

After 2 coats of dulux ceiling white I can not believe how bad the coverage is, the roller marks and after 3 weeks of leaving the window open can still smell the paint. What has dulux done to the formula. I have used dulux paint for over 30 years and have never had such a poor experience. Is this really dulux paint or a very substandard imposter. Purchased from Bunnings in November 2019

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

DuluxGroup A.Dulux

Thank you Rod - please contact us directly on 13 25 25 (Option 2) rather than via the Product Review website, as we will be able to respond a lot quicker! - The Dulux Team.

Rod

Thanks have spoken to customer service this morning

Luke

LukeSydney, NSW

Terrible smelling Ceiling paint

I echo all these bad reviews.
Two coats applied. My house smells vile from this paint - a very chemical like smell. I cannot get rid of the smell after two weeks.
I do not recommend this product to anyone. Very disappointing from a well known brand.

Does anyone have any solutions to get of smell? Im assuming Ill have to buy another brand and repaint it?

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Holly johnson

Bunnings .... Cats Pee Smell Ceiling white ?

Why does my room wreak of ammonia after using this product ? Ive read where its because of bacterial overgrowth due to the removal of a preservative ? Is this the same issue or did we buy all their discarded product ? I cant stand to go into the room we painted with this product and have already removed a piece of furniture and replaced thinking a cat had gotten to it and spent money on Cat pee removal products .... and it still smells like a cat has sprayed everywhere in the room. Running a ceiling fan for days at a time doesnt help.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Holly johnson

Hi sorry but its not getting any better and the room was built especially for a visitor at Christmas and I couldnt have anyone in there at this point. Its quite overwhelming. Can you please give me some advice as to how to get rid of this odour.

Joanna

JoannaCanberra 2600, ACT

Ceiling paint stench

Under advice from bunnings, we bought the ceiling white paint. WORST IDEA EVER. Besides being dreadful to apply, steaky and dodgy cover, the stench is vile. Painted on Saturday and walking into the house after work on Tuesday, the smell was so bad I got almost an instant headache and had to leave. Hoping it will calm down soon cause this is unbearable and the ceiling still needs another coat (going to buy a different product) due to poor quality.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$80.00.

Tobi

TobiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible result

Painted two bedrooms and a cathedral ceiling in our lounge, the paint dried within two hours, but the finish was awful. Roller marks everywhere and this was after two coats. The old colour could be seen through the white finish as if the paint had been diluted. Had to repaint with another coat. The finish was not much better. Dulux used to be a great brand, but it has gone downhill and is not worth the money. Will be changing to another brand.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$150.00.

Fiona

FionaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dulux Ceiling White Plus Kitchen Bathroom

I have applied 3 coats of this paint to my ceiling. The paint says superior hiding power. I have painted over a light colour. You can see every roller mark. Have also tried brushing it on but same awful result. It’s even worse as I’m painting cathedral ceilings! I’ve painted plenty of ceilings before and never had this problem. I’m having flooring layed on Tuesday so I’m going to have to start painting again tomorrow morning (Monday) with a different brand. I’m furious after reading other similar reviews on this paint.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$183.00.

Franciska H.

Franciska H.asked

I am very frustrated as I have done three coats of paint on cornice and rolled ceiling with 2 coats of ceiling white, and there is still a colour difference between cornice and ceiling. I have always used Dulux paint but after this experience will consider another brand. I am totally dumbfounded at what has gone wrong.

michelle k.Dulux

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, Franciska! We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! The Dulux Team.

jandiasked

Has the formula for a Dulux Ceiling White changed in the last few years? There is something terribly wrong with the coverage and covers ability, etc,

Craig

I have contacted a Dulux last year. Gave them photos and paint sample. They said the would be in touch mid January with the complaint. They haven’t responded. I wouldn’t recommend this paint

jandi

Thanks, Craig. It will be worth our while trying anyway. I hope they contact you!

DuluxGroup A.Dulux

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, Jandi & Craig!

Jandi, please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions!

Craig, we apologise that you haven't heard back from us. We would recommend giving us a call, too, and quoting the ticket number you were given at the time you spoke to us.

The Dulux Team

hjenry

hjenryasked

Ceiling paint went on fine but when dry is very patchy. Cornices look patchy and terrible especially in the hallway, can see cutting in lines and brush marks. Ceiling also looks patchy. Have spent a lot of time painting the whole house for a terrible result. Was told Dulux was the best, maybe in the past but definitely not anymore.

Henry

DuluxGroup A.Dulux

Hi Henry, we are sorry to see that you’re not satisfied with the finish in your home, and we understand your frustration. We want to help! Please call our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2) and quote your ticket number 218367, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you - The Dulux Team.

Morgan G
Morgan G

Standard return answer from Dulux! I had the same issue and same answer. After contacting them they do not acknowledge the issue nor offer any help. Come on Dulux you have been a brand leader for years something must be wrong! I repainted with Solver/wattyl one coat and my home now looks brilliant. Just an FYI after painting with Dulux ceiling white I was covered with paint spots likened to painting with milk. Using Solver/wattyl didn't need safety glasses!

DuluxGroup A.Dulux

Hi Morgan, please contact us via private message and provide us with your ticket number so we can look into this further for you, as we would love to regain your confidence in our wonderful brand and products. Looking forward to receiving your private message. - The Dulux Team.

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives