Dulux Ceiling White

Dulux Ceiling White

Joanna

JoannaCanberra 2600, ACT

Ceiling paint stench

Under advice from bunnings, we bought the ceiling white paint. WORST IDEA EVER. Besides being dreadful to apply, steaky and dodgy cover, the stench is vile. Painted on Saturday and walking into the house after work on Tuesday, the smell was so bad I got almost an instant headache and had to leave. Hoping it will calm down soon cause this is unbearable and the ceiling still needs another coat (going to buy a different product) due to poor quality.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $80.00.

Tobi

TobiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible result

Painted two bedrooms and a cathedral ceiling in our lounge, the paint dried within two hours, but the finish was awful. Roller marks everywhere and this was after two coats. The old colour could be seen through the white finish as if the paint had been diluted. Had to repaint with another coat. The finish was not much better. Dulux used to be a great brand, but it has gone downhill and is not worth the money. Will be changing to another brand.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $150.00.

Fiona

FionaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dulux Ceiling White Plus Kitchen Bathroom

I have applied 3 coats of this paint to my ceiling. The paint says superior hiding power. I have painted over a light colour. You can see every roller mark. Have also tried brushing it on but same awful result. It’s even worse as I’m painting cathedral ceilings! I’ve painted plenty of ceilings before and never had this problem. I’m having flooring layed on Tuesday so I’m going to have to start painting again tomorrow morning (Monday) with a different brand. I’m furious after reading other similar reviews on this paint.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $183.00.

DULUX Ceiling White

Painted three bedroom ceilings and the bathroom ceiling, the paint dried in a few hours, I applied 1 coat of paint on each ceiling, the paint started drying and that’s when started to smell like cat urine, I can’t get rid of the smell, don’t recommend it, anyone, it’s making the family feel ill, any ideas would be appreciated.

Purchased in June 2019.

Aine T.

Aine T.Sydney, NSW

Awful smell which gets worse on a hot day

I painted my son’s room with this paint 3 years ago. I then noticed a bizarre smell coming from his room. Got pest control in to put down rat poison and spray. it smelled like a dead animal or animal urine and got worse in hot weather. Since having the rest of the house painted with Dulux a few months back I’ve realised it’s the paint causing the smell as now the smell is all over my house. I will never ever use Duluth again!

Purchased in July 2019.

Judy

JudySouth East Queensland, QLD

Deluxe white ceiling paint - terrible stench

Bought this at Bunnings yesterday & painted the ceiling in the afternoon- today there is a terrible smell coming from the room & the smell is drifting through the entire house. At first I thought it smelt like a dead rat - googled “smell from ceiling” & up popped all of these reviews about this Dulux paint. Please help as we have no idea what to do next? Do we now have to repaint wiry another brand, just to be rid of this vile smell?

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $50.00.

shinobi

shinobiSydney, NSW

May 2019: New build and Dulux sends me cat pee with white tint instead of ceiling paint

Almost one month after moving out and the smell is worse. In the name of customer relations Dulux sent 2 goons with no experience with the problem to pretend they couldnt smell this well documented problem admitted to by DULUX. Either that or they were hoping I would teach them the sense of smell even though my 1 year old and 4 year old never required such spoon feeding. Stay away from Dulux they charge paint prices for environmental contamination and their after sales service is utterly insulting.

Purchased in April 2019 for $50,000.00.

Morgan GMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor result

Hi I have used this product and disappointed with the outcome I have used many brands over the years but never had this issue. I have painted my ceiling with two coats leaving it to dry for 5 days between coats. I used a brand new roller and yet you can see every roller stroke and where I have stopped to put more paint on my roller and started again. Looks like I am painting again this weekend with a different brand. P/s and it smells like cats pee!

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $127.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard and Previously painted
DuluxGroup A.Dulux

Hi Morgan, please check your private messages, as we have responded to the private message you sent us yesterday. Thank you!

Andrew JPerth, WA

Paint smells like Cat pee

Bought this product in April from Bunnings. Applied the paint 4 days ago and then the house started smelling like cats pee. Today the temp is 30deg and the smell is worse. How can I get rid of the smell

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $60.00.

Andrew J

Thanks for the quick response. As per our conversation I will wait another week and see if the smell still persists. I will call back if the smell is still there.

Lehmo

LehmoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

poor paint coverage

Spent a fortune on this paint, its not cheap. Each tin has a great variation in texture when rolled. Discussed this with a sales rep at the store who confirmed they had received similar complaints around this product. Moves to Haymes and am kicking myself that i didnt do it earler, a far better product.

Purchased in May 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $90.00.

Really REALLY bad.

I’ve never written a review on a site like this but I’m so disappointed in this product, I don’t want others wasting their money. After two coats our bathroom ceiling was blotchy and patchy. Fourth coat today and somehow it looks worse than it did after two. Seriously, don’t buy it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $45.00.

DavidGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Smells really bad - Toxic

Ceiling paint stinks and has got worse as the days heat up. Was painted 5 days ago. Rang Dulux who denied there was a problem... said we needed a receipt as we finished the can and put in trash already... My advice is to NOT Buy DULUX.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $59.00.

Nuey

NueyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ceiling white or ceiling yellow?

I am not sure what has happened here. Spent a lot of money building the mould resistant Dulux Ceiling white. Spent an entire day painting the bathroom and en-suite with it and it hasn’t come up white at all. There is a distinct yellow tinge to the paint that makes the “ceiling white” more of a creamy yellow colour. I am not happy at all.

Purchased in December 2018 at Paint Spot for $80.00.

Peter

PeterWellington

Smells like VOMIT

Helena

HelenaAdelaide SA

Helena

I have used this product in the past and I have always ended up with great results. I have recently painted my kitchen and dining room with deluxe ceiling white. The roller lines are showing and the house stinks! My husband went hunting through the house trying to find what is causing the smell and we discovered it was the paint. It gets worse with hot weather. I have wasted 10 litres of paint and lots of my time. Not happy.

Jason PAdelaide

Not Happy - Terrible Smell

henry h.Dulux

Hi Jason, great to hear you have had a more positive experience and your issue has been resolved. We certainly appreciate your feedback. If you need any further assistance please contact our Help and Advice team on 132525 option 2 - The Dulux Team

Terrible ceiling paint

After 20 years in the industry me and my team applied two coats of this product to large ceiling areas and were shocked when it dried and we found that we could still see overlap marks from the roller and the cutting in the cornices. I asked Our Dulux rep what the reason for this was and he said that they had recently changed raw materials. Not good enough Dulux!

Yvonne

Yvonne

Stench

We have bought dulux ceiling paint. We have also bought wall paint. Our home smells like rotten eggs all through. Something is very wrong with this paint. When the sun rises the paint begins to have a stench that become greater as the day heats up. We request help from Dulux. The paint is so bad we cannot stay I. Our home. Please contact us.

Lovetocook

LovetocookMackay

Awful product. Wasted so much money

Have painted 4 areas in this paint. Am just sanding back all areas after 3 coats with terrible results. Have wasted so much money on paint and rolling products ( even tried a $60 one

Garth M.Dulux

frankly a terrible product !!

i have been house painting for more than forty years & just could not understand why i was getting such an appalling patchy finish with(2 coats) Dulux Ceiling White as assumed that with a respected name like Dulux it must be something i was doing wrong...then i checked the reviews on here & now realize that there is something seriously wrong with this product...In addition i can only agree with other commentators regarding the odor which is both lingering & terrible...it doesn't smell like fresh paint but more like rotten eggs...it looks like you've had these complaints for while so can you please explain what action has been taken so far ??

Garth M.Dulux

hjenry

hjenryasked

Ceiling paint went on fine but when dry is very patchy. Cornices look patchy and terrible especially in the hallway, can see cutting in lines and brush marks. Ceiling also looks patchy. Have spent a lot of time painting the whole house for a terrible result. Was told Dulux was the best, maybe in the past but definitely not anymore.

Henry

DuluxGroup A.Dulux

Hi Henry, we are sorry to see that you’re not satisfied with the finish in your home, and we understand your frustration. We want to help! Please call our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2) and quote your ticket number 218367, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you - The Dulux Team.

Morgan G

Standard return answer from Dulux! I had the same issue and same answer. After contacting them they do not acknowledge the issue nor offer any help. Come on Dulux you have been a brand leader for years something must be wrong! I repainted with Solver/wattyl one coat and my home now looks brilliant. Just an FYI after painting with Dulux ceiling white I was covered with paint spots likened to painting with milk. Using Solver/wattyl didn't need safety glasses!

DuluxGroup A.Dulux

Hi Morgan, please contact us via private message and provide us with your ticket number so we can look into this further for you, as we would love to regain your confidence in our wonderful brand and products. Looking forward to receiving your private message. - The Dulux Team.

raymondo

raymondoasked

Can this ceiling paint be watered down ? It's very thick and not getting good cover,

Philip_Carter
Philip_Carter

I believe so but it would pay to call Dulux and check.

KellyDulux

Hi Raymondo, thanks for reaching out. We generally don't recommend watering down our products (except up to 5% for spraying if required), as this can affect the coverage of the product. It may be thicker than normal depending on where you are located, as cold temperatures can affect the consistency of the paint. We'd like to get more information from you to help in your particular case. Please call our Customer Service Team on 13 25 25 and we can help you out.

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives

CategoryPaints & Varnishes