Dulux Ceiling White

Dulux Ceiling White

May 2019: New build and Dulux sends me cat pee with white tint instead of ceiling paint

Almost one month after moving out and the smell is worse. In the name of customer relations Dulux sent 2 goons with no experience with the problem to pretend they couldnt smell this well documented problem admitted to by DULUX. Either that or they were hoping I would teach them the sense of smell even though my 1 year old and 4 year old never required such spoon feeding. Stay away from Dulux they charge paint prices for environmental contamination and their after sales service is utterly insulting.

Purchased in April 2019 for $50,000.00.

Longevity
Hi Shinobi, We're sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with Dulux Ceiling White, we would like to help you further if you can please contact our Help & Advice team on 132525 option 2 and quote this number, 210854. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. – The Dulux Team

Poor result

Hi I have used this product and disappointed with the outcome I have used many brands over the years but never had this issue. I have painted my ceiling with two coats leaving it to dry for 5 days between coats. I used a brand new roller and yet you can see every roller stroke and where I have stopped to put more paint on my roller and started again. Looks like I am painting again this weekend with a different brand. P/s and it smells like cats pee!

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $127.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard and Previously painted
Longevity
Hi Morgan, please check your private messages, as we have responded to the private message you sent us yesterday. Thank you!

Paint smells like Cat pee

Bought this product in April from Bunnings. Applied the paint 4 days ago and then the house started smelling like cats pee. Today the temp is 30deg and the smell is worse. How can I get rid of the smell

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $60.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard
Coverage
Hi Andrew, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our Ceiling White paint. We are so sorry to hear that you are having some issues, and we’d like to help. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 203972, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Dulux Team.Thanks for the quick response. As per our conversation I will wait another week and see if the smell still persists. I will call back if the smell is still there.

poor paint coverage

Spent a fortune on this paint, its not cheap. Each tin has a great variation in texture when rolled. Discussed this with a sales rep at the store who confirmed they had received similar complaints around this product. Moves to Haymes and am kicking myself that i didnt do it earler, a far better product.

Purchased in May 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $90.00.

Really REALLY bad.

I’ve never written a review on a site like this but I’m so disappointed in this product, I don’t want others wasting their money. After two coats our bathroom ceiling was blotchy and patchy. Fourth coat today and somehow it looks worse than it did after two. Seriously, don’t buy it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $45.00.

Smells really bad - Toxic

Ceiling paint stinks and has got worse as the days heat up. Was painted 5 days ago. Rang Dulux who denied there was a problem... said we needed a receipt as we finished the can and put in trash already... My advice is to NOT Buy DULUX.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $59.00.

Finish Quality
Hi David, we are sorry that you have experienced this issue, we would like to further assist you if you can please contact our Help & Advice Team on 132525. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number: 186728 – The Dulux TeamI will know better if I ever do buy Dulux again (and I doubt it very much) to keep the receipt - in this case I finished the can and put in the rubbish which is unusual as there is usually some left. I had to spend $105 on a special paint block and then repaint with ceiling white - Haymes $59 but it covered great and smell has gone. I guess it is policy to produce the receipt or no help provided. I was more infuriated that your rep denied that Dulux has a problem which clearly from this product review website they do!

Ceiling white or ceiling yellow?

I am not sure what has happened here. Spent a lot of money building the mould resistant Dulux Ceiling white. Spent an entire day painting the bathroom and en-suite with it and it hasn’t come up white at all. There is a distinct yellow tinge to the paint that makes the “ceiling white” more of a creamy yellow colour. I am not happy at all.

Purchased in December 2018 at Paint Spot for $80.00.

Smells like VOMIT

Purchased Dulux Ceiling White from Bunnings a few days ago.
Moved the bed and all furniture out of the master bedroom to renovate it.
Applied two coats of Dulux Ceiling White to the ceiling, nice fresh paint smell (initially) !!!!
1 or 2 days later the room smells like vomit, the room cannot be occupied so we are sleeping in the lounge.
We cannot open the bed room door because the smell fills the house.
On coming home, opening the front door the house smells like something from an American Frat Party Movie with vomit and puke everywhere.
I wouldn't mind if I had had the experience of hosting an American Frat party and had a wild time, then it really wouldn't matter.
But I didn't, I just painted the ceiling, yes I didn't really mind it possibly I enjoyed it, but really nothing like a frat party.
No wild experiences to remember for the rest of my life just a paint job and the worst smell of vomit I have smelt for a long long time.
So for a smell you cannot forget, for a party you never had buy Dulux Ceiling Paint.

Hi Peter, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our Ceiling White paint. We're really sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the odour (and that it wasn't the result of a great party!), but nevertheless, we’d like to help. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 173991, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Dulux Team.

Helena

I have used this product in the past and I have always ended up with great results. I have recently painted my kitchen and dining room with deluxe ceiling white. The roller lines are showing and the house stinks! My husband went hunting through the house trying to find what is causing the smell and we discovered it was the paint. It gets worse with hot weather. I have wasted 10 litres of paint and lots of my time. Not happy.

Hi Helena, we are sorry that you have experienced this issue, we would like to assist you, if you can please contact our Help & Advice team on 132525 (option 2). Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number: 171242 – The Dulux Team

Not Happy - Terrible Smell

Bought this product from my local Bunnings store in South Australia.
After applying two coats to my cornices and some of the roof above cabinets in my kitchen / dinning area and letting dry whilst I did some other work the room stared to stink like rotten eggs, nothing like the normal paint smell and 2 days latter is still here and gets worse as the sun comes up and house warms up, it is a really bad smell and hard to live with.
After calling my local Dulux trade store on 2/1/19 he said he had heard of this once before but couldn’t do much as I wasn’t a trade customer and he wasn’t sure if he would be able to get a trade representative to come see me. Gave me the head office number and told me to call where they may get a retail representative to come see me “maybe”... and wished me luck. He was very polite about it all.
Obviously there is / was an issue with a batch of this paint that was manufactured and understand life isn’t always perfect but as a consumer purchasing a product I aspect it to be what I wanted and if not the company who manufactures the product should resolve the issue, hoping Dulux are professional and come to party to help.

Good afternoon Jason, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our Dulux Ceiling White paint. We are so sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the odour, and that you didn't have much luck when speaking to our Trade store. We’d really like to help. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 168656, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Dulux Team.Thanks to Dulux for their professional service when it came to my issues. Was contacted quickly and had a representative out within the week who verified the problem and had a replacement tin of paint and also a special paint to mask the odours organised for me at my local Bunnings store to pick up when ready at no charge of course, I have put the special paint on already and the smell is gone. thanks again Dulux. I understand the world isn’t perfect and that all company’s have issues from time to time but it’s how these problems are dealt with that sets great company’s apart from the average ones. Again well done and thank you Hi Jason, great to hear you have had a more positive experience and your issue has been resolved. We certainly appreciate your feedback. If you need any further assistance please contact our Help and Advice team on 132525 option 2 - The Dulux Team

Terrible ceiling paint

After 20 years in the industry me and my team applied two coats of this product to large ceiling areas and were shocked when it dried and we found that we could still see overlap marks from the roller and the cutting in the cornices. I asked Our Dulux rep what the reason for this was and he said that they had recently changed raw materials. Not good enough Dulux!

Stench

We have bought dulux ceiling paint. We have also bought wall paint. Our home smells like rotten eggs all through. Something is very wrong with this paint. When the sun rises the paint begins to have a stench that become greater as the day heats up. We request help from Dulux. The paint is so bad we cannot stay I. Our home. Please contact us.

Awful product. Wasted so much money

Have painted 4 areas in this paint. Am just sanding back all areas after 3 coats with terrible results. Have wasted so much money on paint and rolling products ( even tried a $60 one

Hi Lovetocook, we understand the frustration in not getting an even finish and the time you have put into the project. We want to help and might be able to avoid the need to sand it back. Please if you call our help&advice team on 13 25 25 and our team can help out. We look forward to hearing from you. The Dulux team

frankly a terrible product !!

i have been house painting for more than forty years & just could not understand why i was getting such an appalling patchy finish with(2 coats) Dulux Ceiling White as assumed that with a respected name like Dulux it must be something i was doing wrong...then i checked the reviews on here & now realize that there is something seriously wrong with this product...In addition i can only agree with other commentators regarding the odor which is both lingering & terrible...it doesn't smell like fresh paint but more like rotten eggs...it looks like you've had these complaints for while so can you please explain what action has been taken so far ??

Hi Martin, we are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the finish you are looking for with your ceiling. We understand your frustration with this project, and we want to help. So that we can ask some more information about your project and help to get the results you are after please call us. Our Help&Advice line is 13 25 25 and you can quote your personal customer number 143631. Look forward to hearing from you Martin. The Dulux Team

Can’t get it right

Hi painted kitchen dinning and family room so patchy and blotchy put second coat thought we did well next day look at it and it’s the same sent a message on line [name removed] said someone will ring us they didn’t. Please help it’s an expensive paint maybe should have gone with a cheaper paint but there was a Dulux lady at Bunnings when we were buying and she said it’s the best so we brought it wall paint was great no problem gloss paint great but will never use ceiling paint again. I hope you get back to us as my husband is livid it’s not a easy job and he will be ringing on Monday thankyou.

Hi June, we understand your frustration and want to help. We received original feedback and we have received your contact details in your private message, thank you. Our representative should be in contact very soon. The Dulux Team

Another Backwards Step

Once again duped into buying top brand names from Bunnings. After three Coates, patchy, uneven, grainy. And then there’s the smell. Did every thing recommended, work in small patches, proper preparation, lay on and layoff, but still no good. Even between 5 minutes of cutting in with brush and then rolling, can’t blend in. This paint is crap. It’s a pity I got sucked into buying 15L. might put in gumtree as “crap useless paint for sale”.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Victor Rosa, we are sorry to hear that you did not get the finish you were looking for. We understand your frustration and we want to help. Please if you can call our Help&Advice team on 13 25 25, or alternatively you can private message us with your details and we can arrange to call you. We look forward to hearing from you, the Dulux team

Terrible smell from deluxe ceiling white

Have recently painted kitchen, living room with Dulux Ceiling White and it's been 10 days now and we still have a toxic smell which seems to show no sign of disappearing even with all windows and doors open plus having had fire going for 3 days to ensure it would dry. How can I get rid of the smell?

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Pete. We are sorry to hear of your experience and we want to help. Please call our Dulux Help&Advice team on 13 25 25, and our representatives are ready to help you with your concerns. Alternatively you can private message us to coordinate a time and your details so we can arrange to call you. Thanks Pete and look forward to hearing from you.A big thank you to dulux who have come to the party and sent us painters who have sealed the smelly paint and then repainted the ceilings in our chosen colour. The contractors have done a great job and we are very happy with the results. Once again thanks Dulux. Cheers Pete

Another case of ammonia rotten egg smell

Two weeks after painting there is a persistent ammonia/rotten egg smell in the room. Initially thought it may be a sewer gas leak but the exact same smell as in the room can be smelled on the dry paint on the outside of the can, so I’m sure it’s the paint.

I Have also been uncharacteristically unwell over the last few weeks, obviously can’t prove it’s the paint but who knows.

Dulux can you please contact me to give me directions on how to initiate the process with you to resolve this. Thanks.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Michael, Thanks you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear of your experience. So that we can help you, and keep you updated on your customer status please feel free to call us on 13 25 25 and quote your customer number 127972. The Dulux Team

Paint smells

After painting our kitchen, family room, and bathroom in Dulux kitchen and bathroom celing white it smells quite toxic after a weeks drying,
On checking Google I have noticed many others have had similar experiences with this product,
I have contacted Dulux customer service and have been given a reference number and have been told it's a problem with a mould inhibitor in the paint and a representative will be in touch with me soon, Hopefully the smell is quite bad.
Purchased from Bunnings. Recipes retained.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Lee, thanks for your feedback and we are sorry to hear of your experience. So that we can help you, and keep you updated on your customer status please feel free to call us on 13 25 25 and quote your customer number 120888. The Dulux Team

Dulux Ceiling White Never Miss Very Bad Odour

I purchased Dulux Ceiling White Never Miss from Bunnings. After applying we noticed a very pungent odour- rotten egg type. It was very strong. I called Dulux and was told the paint needed time to dry and I should air it out. I waited for several days an than contacted Dulux again. They suggested I put on the Stain and Odour Blocker. I immediately applied 2 coats of the Stain and Odour Blocker but odour came back and was getting worse. The odour was causing head aces, nausea, nose bleeds, breathing problems etc. We had to move out. I called Dulux several times but they were not helpful at all. They said they don't know what to do. I asked them to send someone from they technical department to have a look and advice us on what to do but nobody showed up. They kept telling me that they would come as a matter of urgency but I don't think they have been taking my complaints or suffering seriously.
They just pretend to be helpful. I finally had to arrange for a plasterer to come and remove the ceilings. My curtains, bed linen etc have also become smelly due to the paint. My home is in a mess. Moving the furniture clothing and sleeping in the kitchen for a few days and that away from home has been bad. I have been asking Dulux to tell me what chemical has been causing the problem so I can see if it has any long term side effects but Dulux is refusing to provide that information. Its a shame on such a big company to treat their customers in this way. I also contacted Bunnings. [name removed] in the customers was also very useless and not helpful at all.
Painting the ceiling of 3 bedrooms and a family room has ended up costing me a fortune and we feel we have lost our home. Bunnings is only 10 mins drive from my home and Dulux office in Clayton is only 20 mins from my home yet nobody had the time to come and check out the problem. Never buy Dulux. They are a very bad company to deal with. They simply don't care about the consumer.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Kam, we are sorry you have had a negative experience with Dulux Nevermiss Ceiling. We would like to help resolve this. We have arranged for a site visit at your home to see how we can best help you and collect samples for testing. In the meantime please be assured we have no reason to believe that there are any health risks associated with an odour emanating from Dulux Nevermiss Ceiling Paint. If you need any further assistance in the meantime please feel free to call our Help&Advice team on 13 25 25. The Dulux teamRubbish. You just pretend to be helpful but do nothing. So far you have even failed to tell me what chemical is responsible for this odour. The odour has been so strong that it has got into all the soft furnishings , cloths in cupboards, carpet etc. As a result of my post so many people with similar experience have contacted me saying Dulux has not been helpful. You have already done tests but you refuse to share the results with people who have been affected and pretend you know nothing. This could be an asbestos type of problem and we could be at long term health risk.You must publish to all customers the full and detailed results of your tests and tell us what chemical is responsible and long term health effects. We know in the short term it causes nose bleeds, breathing problems, vomiting, dizziness etc. You must clearly advise what a customer needs to do. Other customers have been waiting for several months for you to resolve the problem. I have been waiting for more than 3 weeks before someone decides you need to visit us. You are a very bad company and totally irresponsible. Why did your representative not acknowledge the problem wen I first contacted you and why you send us on a wild goose chase by saying the shellac odour blocker would resolve the issue. You should have known that the affected plaster boards need to be removed. There is no other way to fix the problem.Why could you not send your representative immediately and start the work of removing the boards and removing the affected soft furnishings. If you had done this we would have had less inconvenience and the whole problem could have been resolved much quicker. Anyone with similar issues can contact me via email. smellydulux@gmail.com I am planning legal action against Dulux to disclose all information regarding the product to us.We are working to resolve your particular issue and are disappointed that you remain dissatisfied with our customer service. We reject any claims that Dulux has been dishonest in anyway. We want to ensure all our customers have a positive experience. Dulux has complete confidence that Dulux Nevermiss Ceiling is safe when used as intended.

Ceiling paint went on fine but when dry is very patchy. Cornices look patchy and terrible especially in the hallway, can see cutting in lines and brush marks. Ceiling also looks patchy. Have spent a lot of time painting the whole house for a terrible result. Was told Dulux was the best, maybe in the past but definitely not anymore. Henry
Hi Henry, we are sorry to see that you’re not satisfied with the finish in your home, and we understand your frustration. We want to help! Please call our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2) and quote your ticket number 218367, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you - The Dulux Team.Standard return answer from Dulux! I had the same issue and same answer. After contacting them they do not acknowledge the issue nor offer any help. Come on Dulux you have been a brand leader for years something must be wrong! I repainted with Solver/wattyl one coat and my home now looks brilliant. Just an FYI after painting with Dulux ceiling white I was covered with paint spots likened to painting with milk. Using Solver/wattyl didn't need safety glasses!Hi Morgan, please contact us via private message and provide us with your ticket number so we can look into this further for you, as we would love to regain your confidence in our wonderful brand and products. Looking forward to receiving your private message. - The Dulux Team.

Can this ceiling paint be watered down ? It's very thick and not getting good cover,
I believe so but it would pay to call Dulux and check.Hi Raymondo, thanks for reaching out. We generally don't recommend watering down our products (except up to 5% for spraying if required), as this can affect the coverage of the product. It may be thicker than normal depending on where you are located, as cold temperatures can affect the consistency of the paint. We'd like to get more information from you to help in your particular case. Please call our Customer Service Team on 13 25 25 and we can help you out.