Dulux Duramax Bright Finish Spray

Dulux Duramax Bright Finish Spray

Christie

ChristiePerth, WA

Paint doesn’t stick or seal.

Worst paint I have ever used. I have spray painted MANY pieces of furniture over the years and this has been the worst experience. My husband and I brought a cot (wood) we loved for a reasonable amount as we had a small budget, I was gifted a voucher and spent nearly $150 worth of Rose GoldDueamax spray. Prepped as the can required. 2 months on and as soon as you touch the cot it’s on your fingers. We are now $300 at a loss with no cot and no funds to buy another. What can be done about this?

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $150.00.

Longevity

Drawer pull

Drawer pullSydney, NSW

Misleading colour

Wanted to refinish some plastic drawer pulls. The lid for Bright Gold is bright gold but the spray paint itself looks copper in colour. Picture below. Very disappointed especially for this price point.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $20.60.

Painted SurfacePlastic
henry h.Dulux
Henry

HenrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Furnace Bright gold be taken Off shelves

I reasonly used duramax range metal primer and bright gold finish and clear coat. First attemt with the bright gold the finish look good, 3day drying touch leave finger prints, and smudge into a dull gold wherever it been touch.
So I decide to give a protected layer of clear coat duramax, my hold project just react and gave a crocodile skin texture, uneven surface, and paint waves.
Strip the paint off did it again, this time didn’t react the same, but made the gold so dull like brown after the clear coat, no shine to the paint at all.

Purchased in March 2019 at Brown plains bunning for $80.00.

Painted SurfaceMetal
Longevity
harmo

harmoACT, 2914

This range of paints is variable in quality, metallic finishes problematic, the epoxy gloss is expen

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Gmg

GmgAU

Can react to some paints.

I used this as a top coat over "Wattyl kill rust" on some metal motorbike parts, only to be disappointed with it bubbling and reacting to the kill rust as an undercoat.. Also sprayed onto existing paint on the bike without using an undercoat an it once again bubbled up and looked terrible. Disappointing results..

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Daisy

DaisyMelbourne

Not happy

Bought 3 bottles of this spray paint, was told it was the best, worst thing I have bought in my entire life followed the instructions, sanded perfectly, used the right primer, waited more than enough drying time, & once the piece of furniture I spray painted is touched it rubs the bright gold away leaving it smudged and a different colour, waste of money & I have used several different brands in gold & have not had this problem ever, disgusting hundreds of dollars wasted including other materials & the piece or furniture, not happy.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Hi Daisy,
We are sorry to hear about your experience. Feel free to call our Help&Advice team if you need any support on 13 25 25. The Dulux team

Dissappointed with inconsistant finish and instructions.

Trying to get an even finish on "satin black" is made difficult by nozzle spread which cannot be varied like some cheaper products (which I shall be buying to get a decent job). Watched promo instruction video and that was not convincing on ease of coverage. Final result borders between gloss and matt, even after several attempts.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
David
David

mr jones

mr jones

Awsome color brightness, shame poor quality paint

I purchased the rose copper and the color is amazing but unfortunatley that is where it stops . The paint is rubbish, it shows all finger prints and finger prints seem to burn into it . it also rubs off easily and dissolves if exposed to the weakest of spirit based chemicals, really dissapointing for a very expensive product.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Aleks

AleksSouth East Queensland, QLD

Totally misleading lid on can

Like most of these spray cans, here is another manufacturer playing dirty games with their packaging for what I can only describe as a way to trick people into buying their products.

The lid on the spray can is a beautiful clean chrome. When you spray your project at home it will look like a dull silver at best. Why these companies continue to miss lead their customers I will never know. Why would you not just spray the lid with the actual product so people can make the correct decision when buying your crap!

Caitlin O.Dulux

Macca skippyasked

Checking a can of Dulux spray paint I just bought and it doesn't tell me where it was manufactured? Where are your spray paints made please?

DuluxGroup A.Dulux

Hi there, thank you for your question. The Duramax Bright Finish Spray is made to Dulux formulations. If you have any further queries, please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to assist you. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Dulux Team.

Macca skippy

I sent an email via your site and didn't get a response. I hazard a guess by your answer that it's made in China

Jorgen

Jorgenasked

What max temperature is allowed?

Hi Jorgen,

Avoid spraying when air or surface temperature is below 10°C or above 30°C. If you have any other questions, please contact our Help&Advice team on 13 25 25 who will be more than willing to assist with your project. Regards, the team at Dulux.

A. Issa

A. Issaasked

I am using Dulux Duramax Gold Bright Finish Spray Paint! Can I use polythrane to protect the paint??

Hi,

Thank you for the question. Our Dulux Duramax range of Bright Finish spray paints do not require any additional topcoat or clear to be applied on top. Please feel free to contact our Help&Advice team on 13 25 25 if you have any further questions. The Dulux team.

Jase T
Jase T

Hi Duramax team. I am currently working with your products and wanted to add something here as I have been reading all of the reviews and the information you just provided on this question doesn't gel with what I am hearing from others. I think personally that you should be recommending adding a top clear coat to protect the underlying paint job.
I am hearing "it smudges" and "it retains fingerprints".....if this is the case, all could be resolved by adding a Duramax clear coat, either gloss or satin depending on the job.
Anyway, that's what I'll be doing.
All the best.

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives

CategoryPaints & Varnishes