Dulux Easycare Washable & Tough

Dulux Easycare Washable & Tough

Not fit for purpose

I wish I had read reviews about this paint. I have bought Dulux paint for years and have always been pleased with the quality so I didn't hesitate to buy a paint that I thought would work well for a busy living room. The paint dries so quickly you cannot even out your work. Within seconds it has created a skin that then peels and drags off if painted over. It's a nightmare to use. I rang Dulux's helpline who suggested thinning it with water, which made it dry even quicker. When I rang back they did offer me my money back so I think this is an ongoing problem. B&Q were selling it at a lower price, which suggests they can't get rid of it. Dulux Easy Care is only sold in retail shops. Obviously professional painters know better.

Purchased in May 2019.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted
Usage
Finish Quality
Ease of Application
Coverage

Unbelievably poor paint!

Having been painting for over 40 years I was astonished that Dulux had put its reputation on the line with their so called easy care Matt paint. Application, is frustratingly patchy and a reverse of the roller brings the first coat off in patches!
I spoke to B& Q about the problem and they said I hadn’t given it time to dry!!

Purchased in April 2019.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard
Usage
Finish Quality
Coverage

Awful coverage

Absolute rubbish paint. After 3 coats still patchy. Will never buy this paint again. EVER.
What a waste of money.

The worst paint on the market

Please don't use this paint unless you like sanding the finish, it's 100% crap, pulls straight off after cutting, I've never (and I've been a cscs painter for 30 years ) used a paint as poor as this, never again.

Shocking

Should have done my research first as this is the worst paint I have ever used in a very long time.
I'm now on my fourth coat in the hope the finish will be acceptable.
Cutting in is terrible as again more and more costs are required but still appears to be patchy.
Do not buy this product should have stuck with Valspar 700

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Awful stuff, pulls back off the roller leaving patchy areas. Difficult to cut in with as well.

Worst emulsion I've ever used. No wonder they were giving away free cans of ceiling paint with it. Wish I'd read others reviews before I bought it, but expected Dulux to be top notch. Can't decide whether to finish the job or just go and buy a similar colour from Fleetwood.

Easy to paint

I couldn't be more pleased with this paint. I'm not a professional painter. The application and coverage were great. Very easy to apply and all brushes washed out easily. The colour was true to the testpot. Polished Pebble. Would definitely buy again and I am thinking of doing more rooms this colour.

Easy to use

Seems to be a lot of bad press but we have had no problems when you cut in why should you keep going over it?
Roller once let dry put second coat on minimum 2 coats to get the wipeable effect one coat is not enough sure you will take off if you wipe with a cloth it needs sufficient paint on it to start with let it dry before apply second coat it has a pva additive if you paint to soon it will lift first coat off.
This is a spin off from Dulux trade diamond matt only cheaper, good quality brushes and rollers makes the difference.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Don't ever use this paint

I used this paint in my kitchen, it leaves a very rough finish and dries patchy. The worst paint I have ever used.

Never never use this this paint, ever after covering in another make the roughness is this evident. I will now have to sand it down and start again....not with Dulux easycare!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Derek

DerekRugby

Worst paint l have ever used

I have been a professional painter and decorator for over 30 years and this by far is the worst paint l have ever used avoid at all costs. The paint pulls on the brush stroke and you can not back roll at all.
This product was supplied by the customer from a the DIY retailer.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Poor finish and application problems

Dries too quickly as others have stated, overpaint an area after 10 minutes and drags paint off. Tried every option to use but same result. As others have ended up scraping off area and repainting. Needed to sand in between coats to get reasonable finish . As others mentioned 5 coats in some places. Would not recommend to others. Always relied on Dulux but will be sourcing other manufacturers for similar type in future.
Colour dried out to a colour that was quite different to that expected.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Terrible finish and very difficult to use

Date PurchasedDec 2017

I am surprised Dulux put there name to this product Easycare Matt what a heap of junk and a rip

What a load of crap £19.00 a tin, it took 9 x 2.5L tins to do a job that should of took 5 and 2 extra days some walls having 4 coats I even used a matt in same colour as a base, have been painting 47 years this is the worse i have ever used.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Don,t buy this paint

Always used Dulex but this is the worst paint we've ever used, Vanilla Sundae it peels off as you cut in, tried thinning as per tin instructions still the same problem, wasted a lot of time trying to correct the problem ,gave up and will try another paint. Will take tin back for refund. Absolutley terriible paint.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
cavey

caveybristol

buy dulux trade durable matt instead

terrible paint does not cover. I had to apply four coats of white over a light grey to achieve a finish so if your in the market for a paint that will double the time required for a project then go ahead and purchase if not go for the trade durable matt or crown trade easyclean instead.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Nothing EASY about using this paint!

Awful paint to apply .. its taken me 3 coats in bedroom and 5 litres was not enough had to buy another 2.5 ltrs. First coat no coverage at all ...next coat left it patchy ...3rd coat just about did it .. so if you feel like painting a room three times then this is the paint for you!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

horrible paint, not worth money spent

I have been using Dulux paint over few years. And I was happy with the results. Unfortunately I bought Dulux Easycare Washable & Tough white. The paint is horrible
* have patch marks all over the wall (even I had to cover white wall with white paint)
* the worse thing it was when I wanted wipe it (as i had few finger prints little marks~) I used damp cloth and tried to remove it. Unfortunately all paint was removed as well and left some paches, marks on the wall so i had to buy other paint and paint again :(

Date PurchasedMar 2017