Dulux Precision All Metal Primer

Dulux Precision All Metal Primer

1.0 from 1 review

Disappointing Dulux experience - Dulux product did not provide promised "Rust & corrosion Protection"

On advice from my local Dulux Paint Shop - Dulux Precision All Metal Primer was used on rusted vertical steel deck support beams. The circumstances of this application (including the nearby salt water spa and pool) were fully and clearly communicated to the Dulux Paint shop prior to purchase. The rusting steel beams were thoroughly cleaned back to bare metal, with a drill wire brush, prior to priming. (As per the Dulux Paint Shop advise - I did not use a rust converter prior to the original priming). Despite the claims on the Dulux tin "Rust and Corrosion protection", the rust re-appeared with a week or two. The rust re occurrence problem was communicated to the local Dulux Paint Shop (with no apology or offer to rectify the situation). I also contacted Dulux Customer Service (& provided a full explanation of the circumstances), the Dulux Customer Service Officer apologised for the "rust coming through the coating" and advised "--- I would have recommended a more heartier product---". I was particularly disappointed with this Dulux experience, because I had originally gone to the Dulux Paint Shop requesting Zinsser Metal Primer - A product I have used before, with very good success (on rusted metal surfaces). I note - The Dulux Paint Shop actually stock this Zinsser product, however the Dulux Shop advised the Dulux All Metal Primer was "better" - unfortunately I accepted this (poor) advice.
Due to poor Dulux advise and product, I have wasted money and time - Cost of the Dulux Precision primer and have to re prepare and re paint the deck verticals again for my Client. I also note my last email dated 25/3/2019 does not appear to have received a response from Dulux Customer Service. I suggest the response from Dulux Customer Service to my emails was not a good way to handle this experience. (I note - I have previously had very good success with advice from Dulux and my local Dulux Paint Shop - Most Dulux paint products are very good. This was a disappointing Dulux experience. I suggest a better way to have handled this experience would have been "I am sorry about your experience - I will provide you with a (small) discount for your next Dulux purchase / I will make sure our Dulux Paint Shops ensure clients are in future advised to use a "heartier product" for high rust areas".

Hi Mouse We're sorry that you have experienced this issue and the inconvenience this may have caused you, we would like to further assist you if can please contact our Help & Advice team on 132525. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number: 203249 – The Dulux Team