Dulux Precision Sealer Binder

Dulux Precision Sealer Binder

Sealer binder coming off

I painted my house after receiving from builder - white plaster surface -
- two coats applied
- allowed 1 week to fully dry
- applied after two coats the dulux wash and wear paint
- used painters tape to isolate some areas
- attempted to remove tape and all the paint came off

Solved my problem

I used the Dulux Precision Sealer Binder after many attempts to eradicate rusty marks on the ceiling caused by the Gyprock fixer using the wrong fixing screws. I washed the ceiling to clear all steam marks and some mildew marks then applied 2 coats of the Dulux Precision paint as directed. It is now a couple of years after I finished the ceiling with standard flat white ceiling paint and I am delighted to say that the marks have not re-appeared even though the bathroom gets really steamy despite a larger exhaust extraction fan being fitted.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Hi GWR, Great to hear of your experiences with Dulux Precision Sealer Binder, if you have more projects in mind, call our Help&Advice team on 13 25 25, who will be more than willing to help! Regards, the team at Dulux.

Works great on hard set plaster

My 1980's house reno meant scraping poorly applied paint right back to white set (solid) plaster.
This product really provided a solid sound surface to work with. Undercoat bound well to plaster, and this is very important as just applying paint or plasterboard sealer to solid plaster will result in paint that peels off.
Applies easy. Make sure it is well mixed before use.
Has strong solvent smell, but well worth the result.
Would never go back to water based products purporting to do same.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Anthony, Dulux team here, thank you for the feedback and great to hear that you had a great experience with this product. Please contact us on 13 25 25 if you need any support down the track. Regards, the team at Dulux.

Great in 100 year old house

Really watery product so i used a brush.
Have a 100 year old house with flaking paint (previous crap preparation) on powdery walls. Scraped and filled wall. Used this product 3 years ago wall still looks great. So i also used it outside on powdery bricks where render is falling off. Stopped the erosion. Now to get rerendered. Highly recommended. Stinks though.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Works as described.

Ive been using Dulux Sealer Binder on external brick walls as an undercoat to seal old poorly applied coats of paint prior to applying new paint.This surface is in full sun, rain, hail, wind, dirt, dust, critters and occasionally the garden hose when it gets fouled by birds - Not a single failure of adhesion can be reported.

Surface preparation is key.

The surface must be free from flaking or cracking paint. With all flakes of paint removed to a point where there is good adhesion between the old paint and surface.

Then apply the sealer binder. Easy as.

The previous review reeks of poor workmanship and should not be taken as an accurate description of the product.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Dulux doesn't support their products

Have a ceiling in a bathroom that has paint falling off after 6 months.
Spoke to the local Dulux supplier who phoned the local Dulux representative, but got not reply (No surprise)
So I took photos and emailed Dulux.
The fault, the oil based sealer has parted company with the room.
I sealed in oil base believing that would be better long term than acrylic, in a wet area.
The reply by Dulux?

To repair your ceiling, scrape the loose paint off, back to a sound surface, reapply the Sealer Binder, and then apply 2 coats of Wash and Wear Kitchen and Bathroom to the entire surface.

So the fix for a paint that has peeled off is to reapply the same product that has already failed in the past, BRILLIANT STUFF, why didn't I think of that?
Oh I remember why.
Because it's the very definition of insanity, repeating an action expecting a different outcome.
On top of which is the added cost and time spent to rectify the product's failure.
With no offer to replace the faulty can of paint from Dulux, I think I'll only buy Taubmans from now on.
I recommend you dear reader do the same, avoid Dulux products wherever possible.

Hi Paden, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Dulux Sealer Binder and really sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our response. We value your feedback. We would like to connect you with our Help&Advice team so that we can understand your project, and so we could look into this issue for you. We're available on 13 25 25. If you quote number 4588010, we will be able to look up the background to your problem. Kind regards, Dulux Australia

Why is sealer falling off wall and making it chalky
Hi Joanne We're sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with Dulux Precision Sealer Binder, we would like to help you further if you can please contact Help & Advice Team on 132525 and quote this number 186836 . Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. – The Dulux Team

I have applied 2 coats of Dulux Precision Sealer binder, do I still need to use a undercoat or can I go ahead with the top coat. Thank you Pam
Hi Pam, you do not need to undercoat after you have applied 2 coats of Sealer Binder, please allow the Dulux Precision Sealer Binder to completely dry for at least 3 days prior to topcoating with our range of suitable products for your project. If you need further assitance with your project, please reach out to us and contact our Help & Advice team on 132525. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. The Dulux Team

Hi, am using Dulux PRECISION Sealer Binder to outside of old renders home with chalky paintwork and seems to be working well but have a few old colorbonf flashings around the roof area. Question is can I use this product on my colorbonf cappings.. Thanks
Pretty sure Its only for porous surfaces.Good afternoon! Thank you for your question! We generally don't recommend using the Dulux Precision Sealer Binder on Colorbond, however you would be best to speak to our Tech Team, and they will be able to ask you some questions in order to determine the best way forward. You can reach them on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 167988. All the best - The Dulux Team.

Similar listings