Dulux Precision Sealer Binder

Dulux Precision Sealer Binder

Carlos

CarlosPerth

Sealer binder coming off

I painted my house after receiving from builder - white plaster surface -
- two coats applied
- allowed 1 week to fully dry
- applied after two coats the dulux wash and wear paint
- used painters tape to isolate some areas
- attempted to remove tape and all the paint came off

GWRHunter Region, NSW

Solved my problem

I used the Dulux Precision Sealer Binder after many attempts to eradicate rusty marks on the ceiling caused by the Gyprock fixer using the wrong fixing screws. I washed the ceiling to clear all steam marks and some mildew marks then applied 2 coats of the Dulux Precision paint as directed. It is now a couple of years after I finished the ceiling with standard flat white ceiling paint and I am delighted to say that the marks have not re-appeared even though the bathroom gets really steamy despite a larger exhaust extraction fan being fitted.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Nick NDulux

Hi GWR,
Great to hear of your experiences with Dulux Precision Sealer Binder, if you have more projects in mind, call our Help&Advice team on 13 25 25, who will be more than willing to help! Regards, the team at Dulux.

Anthony D

Anthony DMunster WA

Works great on hard set plaster

My 1980's house reno meant scraping poorly applied paint right back to white set (solid) plaster.
This product really provided a solid sound surface to work with. Undercoat bound well to plaster, and this is very important as just applying paint or plasterboard sealer to solid plaster will result in paint that peels off.
Applies easy. Make sure it is well mixed before use.
Has strong solvent smell, but well worth the result.
Would never go back to water based products purporting to do same.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Nick NDulux

Hi Anthony,
Dulux team here, thank you for the feedback and great to hear that you had a great experience with this product. Please contact us on 13 25 25 if you need any support down the track. Regards, the team at Dulux.

Judi

JudiAU

Great in 100 year old house

Really watery product so i used a brush.
Have a 100 year old house with flaking paint (previous crap preparation) on powdery walls. Scraped and filled wall. Used this product 3 years ago wall still looks great. So i also used it outside on powdery bricks where render is falling off. Stopped the erosion. Now to get rerendered. Highly recommended. Stinks though.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Tom

TomAdelaide

Works as described.

Ive been using Dulux Sealer Binder on external brick walls as an undercoat to seal old poorly applied coats of paint prior to applying new paint.This surface is in full sun, rain, hail, wind, dirt, dust, critters and occasionally the garden hose when it gets fouled by birds - Not a single failure of adhesion can be reported.

Surface preparation is key.

The surface must be free from flaking or cracking paint. With all flakes of paint removed to a point where there is good adhesion between the old paint and surface.

Then apply the sealer binder. Easy as.

The previous review reeks of poor workmanship and should not be taken as an accurate description of the product.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Paden

PadenBunbury WA

Dulux doesn't support their products

Caitlin O.Dulux

tony

tonyasked

should I use oil base top coat after sealer binder I think it had calsomine paint originally

Linda B.Dulux

Hi Tony
Thank you for reaching out, you may apply a water based topcoat over Dulux Precision Sealer Binder, providing you allow the sealer binder to dry for 48 hours. If you prefer an oil based top coat this is fine as well. For further assistance please contact our Help & Advice Team on 132525 option 2. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST.

Daniel S.

Daniel S.asked

I have just used the Sealer Binder to seal a patch on the wall where the paint HD stripped off and plaster is exposed. However, I also applied the sealer binder to the surrounding top coat. It is still sticky to touch. Can I expect this to dry completely or should I remove it somehow?

Lesley M.

Lesley M.asked

Can i use on bare timber

GWR

I believe it would be OK but read the instructions on the can first before you buy it as they define the application process and what preparation is recommended. My experience has been good bu only on pre painted gyprock ceilings where I had serious stains caused by the use of incorrect fixing screws. They rusted and stained the face of the material.

Linda B.Dulux

Hi Lesley, thank you for reaching out to us. Dulux Sealer Binder is generally applied on porous surfaces. We recommend applying Dulux Prepcoat 1 step Waterbased undercoat on bare timber. If you require further assistance please contact our Help & Advice team on 132525 (Option 2). Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST.

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives

CategoryPaints & Varnishes