Duncan's Plumbing Service

Duncan's Plumbing Service

See the Best Plumbers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

OK for simple jobs, did not find fractured pipe

OK for simple jobs (installed new toilet cistern & two new outside taps and new tank pump), but they did not find where our shower drain was leaking despite under our house being soaked with water. I found the fracture in the terracotta pipe myself and called them back, they did a quick temporary seal and promised to quote on a proper fix, never heard from them again despite calling their office again to ask for the quote. Based on that I would not use them again as a felt they were costly and didn't bother to find the leak nor quote as promised.

third party organized investigation

Problems reported to third party but no evidence provided and no witnesses invited from owner what was wrong there. Repair and restoration $25,000.00 quoted.
Discussion called but sending others boys the plumber who investigated was not attended.

As we are a business we required immediate service very happy

Our drains in our panel shop blocked, and we could no work at all. Duncan's came immediately, and resolved the problem. Work started within hours. Extremely happy with cost and service.

Still waiting...

I booked in plumber to arrive after 3pm on Tuesday 13 Feb.
Made sure my son was home by 245 to be there. I was still waiting for someone to turn up or at least give me a courtesy call to let me know what was happening at 630 pm! I ended up ringing them to receive an answering machine.
It is now the 15th and I have still had no contact from this business.
I got a reliable plumber to come and fix the problem same day he said he would be there.
Very disappointed and no recommendations from me.

Terrible

Terrible service. I was charged $500 for a clogged sink. A few hours after they left, I encountered the same problem with my sink. So I called them up again the next day and after re-fixing the issue I was charged again an additional $200.

No work was done.

They came for half an hour and charged 1 hour on the invoice.
The plumbers were not intended to help and never tried to search what was the leak. Nothing was done and we were charged for $300.

Efficient, knowledgeable, very reasonable rates

The boiler that runs my under-floor heating packed it in during the coldest run of days so far this winter. I called four plumbers. One came out and said 'Get a new boiler', one didn't call back, two said 'no' outright. Duncan's sent someone out the next day. He was knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. He fixed my old boiler and said he would get a new part in, just in case it was on its last legs. I could not be happier with the service or the price, which was extremely reasonable. I highly recommend this company.

Astronomical charges...

Charged like a wounded bull!!!
Charged over $800 to tell me what I already knew, that I had a blockage and couldn't find where it was.
Tried eel (which I had already tried) then tried high pressure hose and then tried camera. Never told me each of these would cost around $300 per item.
Then gave me an $8000 quote to fix the problem without the person who wrote the quote ever visiting the property.
Got another plumber in. Used eel. Used camera and located the problem, ran new sewerage pipes under the house for over 15 meters. Charged $1200 for everything.
Used to use Duncans all the time, but something has happened? They are not what they used to be.
Would not recommend them to an enemy.
Boo.

Charge like wounded bulls

Started off well, but when here the plumber enticed me into having him do something the following week by assuring me it wouldn't cost much. But it did. When it took longer than expected, I thought he might round hours worked downwards; to my surprise he instead padded them out quite outrageously. I eventually got their office to bring it back down to actual hours (by referencing time of ph calls on mobile) but it was unpleasant and cost more than I envisaged.

Had he levelled with me about the extra work I would have pursued an alternative route myself. (It was about screw on legs on a standalone dishwasher not being long enough. He built me a frame to sit it on. "The wood will cost about $20; I'll cut it before I get here." If I'd known it would take a couple of hours I would've tried to find four bits of metal to stick into the legs myself. Oh, and he seems to have lost two of the four screw on legs, which I'd like to keep in case I want to use them later.)

He also had an offsider with him, work experience perhaps, which because they spoke a fair bit slowed him down.

So if I used these guys again I'd write down time, stipulate I only want one person, and be wary of promises that such and such won't take long!

$220 for a quote, not even from doing any work

I wanted a quote for some plumbing work, so I contacted Duncan's. I didn't need any emergency work done and I was told it was $220 for the quote if I chose not to use them for doing the job.

Excellent service

Have had these fellows come several times over the years and I really appreciate their quick response and professionalism. Have had burst pipes, clogged drainage and leaking toilets and Duncan's Plumbing has never let me down. The women in the office have also been very helpful in advising when choosing new toilets. Thank you, Duncan's Plumbing!
Reliable, fair price, do a great job