VerifiedMPNs:525266, 530044, 542688 and 6 more

38%14%48%

Deano
Deano

Absolutely cheap and nasty

I only got 30.000 out of a set of Dunlop grandtrek at 20 I have a Mitsubishi triton 2014 I got the 4wd in 2015 brand new drove manly black top with a bit of dry dirt road but nothing terrible. Don't buy them they don't go the distance. Thank you!

AM
AMCentral Coast, New South Wales6 posts

747800Sydney, NSW68 posts

Appearances might be deceiving

These tyres look sturdy, solid and well constructed. They appear solid but I'm not sure about the efficacy of them as a tyre for four wheel drives.

There is a significant vibration and I'm not certain whether the tyre or the car has this issue.

Be mindful when getting tyres - ask the seller about vibrations and performance.

GEP
GEPBrisbane2 posts

a tyre that wear outside

3 days out of the showroom and driven my prado for about 500kms and I got a flat tyre. now I made 45ks and it needs replacing. I have driven most on highways and occassional dirt, sand, and rocky stuff- and 45ks is what this thing got. Terrible tyres Thats all I can say. no wonder why they put this piece of turd into a new car to save up some bucks.

Pedro
Pedro12 posts

Christopher
Christopher

3 Season Tire

I have had these on my 4Runner for 2 years and can say quite simply they are great in anything other than snow. The tread pattern will not cut through snow or slush, instead just slide and create bad understeer. Great in dry and rain with low noise. Noise increases as tread wear increases. For areas without snow this may be an economical buy.

neville
neville

A Waste Of Time And Money

2100 kms on a new hilux and got first puncture in Dunlop AT20 Grandtrek. This hilux is only 2 months old and has not any heavy loads, I am very disappointed with this tyres. They have to light of load rating for gravel roads. Don't know why Toyota fit 2nd rate tyres to new cars in rural areas. I will not use Dunlop tyres again.

The Mechanic
The MechanicMelbourne2 posts

Rowan
RowanFar North Queensland, QLD6 posts

Pretty ordinary wear

My Navara had these tyres as issue when I bought it new. At the 40K service I was told by the dealer they needed to be replaced because the rear tyres had scrubbed out to bald on the inside. I'm about to replace them now after a total 45K and will look to another brand. My driving was conservative and I expect a bit more wear than I got.

Joel
Joel

Not Happy!!!!

My Tyres are 2 years old and have travelled 19,500 kms My mechanic told me the tyres are bald and should be replaced asap. Dunlop AT 20 255x70x16. Very disappointed at the news and will not use Dunlop Tyres again. i think in all fairness Dunlop should replace all the tyres as i have read some people are getting 50,000+kms.

Hilly
HillySouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts

Supprised at both driving experience and wear

We purchased a new update Prado in December 2013 fitted with Dunlop Grandtrek AT20s. We have now covered 70000 klm and expect another 10/20000klm before they need replacing, Our Prado works hard - about 30% of kilometres involves towing 1 to 2 tonne loads. We usually run Michelins on our Prado's, but this type of wear is very convincing when one considers the approximate $100 per tyre price differential.

BM
BMMelbourne22 posts

Mick S
Mick S2 posts

Reasonable tyres for most conditions

These came with the vehicle and we are replacing them after 65000 k. Mainly driving on bitumen but 2 long trips on gravel- Great Central road, Oodnadatta track, Strzelecki track etc with only 1 puncture in 2 12000 km trips

Jason
Jason

Terrible

OEM on 150 Prado VX and i have had them for 50,000 km and terrible wear characteristics. I run them at 36 front 38 back and they have worn on the outsides!! Never ever again!

Ray K
Ray KSouthwest, VIC2 posts

Best tyre ever

When I purchased my Prado it already had Dunlop Grandtrek AT tyres on them and I don't know what mileage they had already done but I am about to replace them after 102,230klms, even I find it hard to believe as we tow a 20' caravan as well.

steve
steve

High wearing tyre

Quiet tyres however only managed to get out of a set 40,000 km with regular rotations at every service. Only city driving with no offroad. Will look for a replacement that will give more wear life.

4WD Tyres

Find out how Dunlop Grandtrek AT20 compares to other 4WD Tyres

Leow
LeowDonvale

Very poor wearing tyre

We have done 24000 kms on our Prado 150. Only 6mm tread left after 11mm when new. Driving mainly on highways towing a 1ton camper. Very little off road travel. I expect that I will only get 40000 to 50000 km. Which is very disappointing. I would not buy again. In the US people claim getting 80000 miles (120000 kms) which is hard to believe the same Tyre.

Pussnutts
PussnuttsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC9 posts

BLC2010
BLC2010

Good

265/65/17 fitted to Prado 15 series. Very happy with them. 60,000 klms and I will get another 10,000 at least. Just towed a 2300 kg caravan for 9,500 klms and they performer faultlessly. My driving habit is around 85% bitumen and 15% gravel or dirt country roads. I will buy them again.
Good wear and very quite on the road.
Herve Delorme
Herve Delorme

RichardG41
RichardG41AU

Great Tyres

Have run these tyres since new. Now 70,000km and still about 5,000km on them. Great ride, no punctures. Towed a heavy camper trailer for 10,000km on road trip in off road and snow conditions and they performed really well. I was very happy with them and will fit them again.

braindavis
braindavisPERTH

68000 km no probs

These were factory fitted from new, done 68,000 km on road incl about 15% on gravel/off road. No problems at all. No punctures. Good even wear. Rotated 4 times, at about 15000km per rotation. Still got about 5000 km left in them. What else do you want? Great value for money, great wear, great handling and braking performances.

Show reply

Warstar
Warstar

Good

275 P65 17 They were OE on my Land cruiser TD. They have now done 64000 and have at least 10000 left. About 20000 has been towing a Van. (5% on Bitumen. I run them at 46PSI. I would buy them again at the right price
Quiet on bitumen and good mileage
Pricey
peterhqld
peterhqld4 posts

Terrible

Avoid these at all costs, had one almost blowout when mounted on spare on prado, luckily saw that it was bulging badly & let air out before it could blow & destroy rear window & door. Will do high mileage on road work if they dont blow first.
No redeeming features
Terrible off road traction, slippery on wet bitumen, dangerous as susceptible to blowouts even when on spare.
gerrym
gerrym
hwang_edward
hwang_edwardNew South Wales, 212120 posts

Bad

Many forum folks compain about the durability problem with the tyres originally fitted in Prado.

I had to change my tyre at 34000km. I wouldn't never buy such tyre. I should have replaced them before getting my new prado.
Relatively Quiet
Less controllable, wears too quickly.