Dunlop SP Sport 300E

Dunlop SP Sport 300E

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

PK P

PK PMelbourne

No complain with my purchase

I installed these tyres in my Toyota camry more than 2 years ago.
It's still going well so far. No issues so far. I have driven more than 30K so far.
It was covered under Beurepairs warranty so replaced one tyre in past due to puncture.
No Noise, great grip on wet condition.

CarToyota Camry
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Hi there, thanks for the review! Great to hear you're happy with your purchase of Dunlop tyres

PhD

PhDSydney

Safe tyre

This is a very good performance tyre. It offers excellent outright grip, and breaking in both dry- and wet-conditions. Comparing with other premium tyres, such as Pirelli Cinturato, Hankook Optimo K415, Bridgestone and Goodyear, its durability is not as good as others and more expensive than others at the time when I made the purchase.

Car1997 Mitsubishi Magana
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Hi there, thanks for the review! We're glad to hear you like the performance you get out of the Dunlop SP Sport tyres :)

Eric

EricWollongong

Good quality, feel safe

I have had these tyres for years on a Toyota Corolla. A bit more expensive than others but seem to be more durable. I suggest shopping around. I got them at Kmart Tyre & Auto Service. They have a pricematching policy. No issues with the fitting. The driving experience is great. I am happy with these tyres.

CarToyota Corolla 2002
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Hey Eric, so great to hear you're enjoying the driving experience with Dunlops on your Corolla

H2me

H2meMELBOURNE

Really good for the price

I bought a set of 4 tyres for my BA Ford Falcon as the previous tyres wore out in under 30,000 kms. So far so good, I've had these tyres since July 2016 and have only just done a tyre rotation with them. The price from K Mart was also good value for money, better than Bob Jane T Mart who claimed they didn't have the Dunlop's in stock, I would have to wait an extra week and then wanted to charge an extra $150.00 on top of what K Mart charged which was around $530.00.

Car2004 BA Ford Falcon sedan
Dunlop T.Dunlop Tyres

Thanks for the great review, we're so glad to hear you're enjoying running Dunlops on your Falcon

Josh

JoshSydney

High Quality

I have bought a set and it's improved my driving experience and decreased the stopping distance. The tires are the only contact of the car with the road. So, don't just buy a cheap one. But shop around and buy the good quality for relatively cheap. Overall, I'm happy with the quality.

CarToyota

Farhad

FarhadSydney

Really good for the price

I bought a pair of the Dunlops for my Toyota Camry. I read mixed reviews and wasn't too sure, but I bought them anyway since I got a really amazing deal from this new online shop called Tyroola. They have tyres at really cheap rates, and they have fitting partners too, so getting my Dunlop fitted was really smooth. I've been driving with these tyres for a couple of months now and they are in excellent condition. I have bought quite a few replacement tyres over the years, but this was one has been the best quality and best price so far.

CarToyota Camry

CarHonda Freed
Stanley35

Stanley35J

Don't last long

I had Honda Freed 120PS with 185/65R15.
After 30000 kms the front tyre not in good shape (chip / chapped). So I rotate front to rear and vice versa.
The front tyre became chip / chapped again (after 40000 kms).

I think there are better tyre in this class for example Yokohama Bluearth AE01 or Continental Comfort Contact 5 or Michelin Energy XM2.

Peter

Peter

Why the wide range of Opinions?

Worst tyres ever

Constant vibration even after 2 attempts by the dealer to balance. Wear rate after 8,000km is awful. These tyres are complete rubbish. Dealer was no help at all and insists it is normal for a car to feel like it is driving on a corrugated dirt road when driving on smooth bitumen. If I can't get a refund I will throw them away and cop the loss. The worst tyres ever. I will never buy Dunlop again. One star is too generous. Zero stars from me for the Dunlop SP Sport 300E.

Dave

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent In The Dry and Extreme Wet

rrm.aus

rrm.ausWagga Wagga NSW

Stable Performance

I purchased a small 2nd hand hatchback 18 mths ago with these already fitted.
I have now travelled 20000 km and the tyres handle very well, above average.
Steering and braking ability is great, and the car feels very stable on the road.
I would definitely recommend these tyres for the average family car.
High performance sports cars would probably need something better.

Fitted by the previous owners, I am unable to calculate how long they last.

The tyres are slightly noisy, which can be annoying after a few hours.
steering and braking response above average
slightly noisy

Sean38

Sean38NSW

Not the best budget sports/touring tyre but better than most

They dont overheat or randomly lose grip but they dont really have that good grip in the dry especially in cornering.

Good under braking and looks like they are going to last a while, had 200e's on my other falcon and its already done 20k wearing nicely, a friend had a set last 100k so the range is impressive.
range, these will last you a LONG time, good braking good wet weather performance
bit expensive considering the cornering in dry is a bit lackluster

My2010

My2010Brisbane

Excellent tyres in all conditions wet or dry

I have them on my 2010 Camry came with the car from 29000klms now got 61000 on it on 11months and still got them on and counting always rotated and ran tyre pressure around 38psi cold and fronts are still 60% and backs are at about 40% tread excellent tyre all round wet or dry suppose all my driving is at 100kph for 150klms a day for work with some city stopping but remember rotation and tyre pressure needs to be done So dont except to get high klms out of any tyre is u don't do any checks or rotations its like just letting money blow away in the wind...
Excellent in wet only tyre that I have always liked

GPMNSW, 2850

Good All-round Performance

I have run a full set of these and then shared lately with 2 Goodyear Eagle LS 2000's on my EF Falcon Sedan. Overall I've been satisfied and felt safe and comfortable with the Dunlops on. Wet and dry roadholding & braking has been confident, but I haven't pushed the limits. I do feel though that the 35,000 kms from them is a bit low considering I don't hoon around.
Confident with these tyres, reliable
Wear has been faster than expected, and I can buy now Toyo Teo's for about $20 per tyre less than I paid for the Dunlops. So my recommendation below is subject to these comments

Stefanie
Stefanie

worn quickly only 48k

these tyres originally fitted on my toyota yaris and made in Japan. worn very quickly.

I expect to be lasted for at least 60k in rear tyres. but had to change on 50k for safe ride.Now I will give good year Assurance Armorgrip a try. Hope it will be better.

Worn quickly

Exellent Grip, economy and long life....

I use these tyres on my 2009 Aurion, and I must say if you check tyr pressure regularly ( i.e. once in fortnight) then it will last long like up to 50,000 KM...

It has low price as well on specials at Beaurepaires i.e. $153.00 each including fitting, wheel alignment ..ofcourse last but not least..they have friendly staff and great service
reliable, inexpensive, energy efficient

sparker

sparker

These tyres came standard on my Honda Civic. I have treated them terribly and pushed them to their limit and they have taken everything I threw at them. They do never seem to lose grip in the dry, and in the wet, the road has to be very slick before it will understeer. Stopping distance is breathtaking (they have saved my life a few times). I am looking at a 50 000km life for these tires, but that is with quite a bit of abuse. If you cam afford them, these are definitely the tyres to buy! I can see why so many companies have been proud to give these tyres as standard.
Very Quiet
Great Traction - Wet and Dry
Corners Well
Expensive

dv004

dv004asked

Why does the dunlop sp sport 300 produce a humming sound between 60 and 80 kph.?

mavmarek

Most tyres make a humming noise at certain speeds and this is known as the 'resonant' frequency or resonant set of frequencies as it may be over a range of frequencies not just one.

Tyre manufacturers usually use "pitch" blocks in the tread pattern to try and move (humming as you describe) frequencies to a different frequency range that is inaudible or less irritating to the human ear - well so they say.

So, if the same tyre is installed on 2 different cars - one car may show up different resonance frequencies due to many possible factors including tyre pressure, vehicle weight, wheel alignment, sound deadening, other vehicle noise (such as engine noise, air intake noise, exhaust noise, etc.) that may cover up the resonant frequency, wheel base length, etc.

These tyres seem to be noisy in every car and especially in the XV40 Toyota Aurion (OEM tyre).

Prashant Joshi

Prashant Joshiasked

goodyear Assurance AG VS Dunlop SP Sport 300E, which do you think would be better for noise reduction, comfort drive and value for money?
Prashant

Hi Prashant,
I don't have experience with those Goodyears so I would base my decision on what others have said about them. However, I think the Dunlops are a good all-round tyre and I would buy them again if the price comparison was good. It's just that the mileage was not so good, so value suffers a bit. Noise and comfort I had no problem with, and I felt secure driving on the Dunlops.
Hope this helps