Dunlop SP Sport 300E

Dunlop SP Sport 300E

MPNs: 511520 and 519460-P
See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dunlop Tyres

PK P
PK PMelbourne

No complain with my purchase

I installed these tyres in my Toyota camry more than 2 years ago.
It's still going well so far. No issues so far. I have driven more than 30K so far.
It was covered under Beurepairs warranty so replaced one tyre in past due to puncture.
No Noise, great grip on wet condition.

CarToyota Camry
Dunlop T.Dunlop TyresSend a private message

Hi there, thanks for the review! Great to hear you're happy with your purchase of Dunlop tyres

PhD
PhDSydney

Safe tyre

This is a very good performance tyre. It offers excellent outright grip, and breaking in both dry- and wet-conditions. Comparing with other premium tyres, such as Pirelli Cinturato, Hankook Optimo K415, Bridgestone and Goodyear, its durability is not as good as others and more expensive than others at the time when I made the purchase.

Car1997 Mitsubishi Magana
Dunlop T.Dunlop TyresSend a private message

Hi there, thanks for the review! We're glad to hear you like the performance you get out of the Dunlop SP Sport tyres :)

Eric
EricWollongong

Good quality, feel safe

I have had these tyres for years on a Toyota Corolla. A bit more expensive than others but seem to be more durable. I suggest shopping around. I got them at Kmart Tyre & Auto Service. They have a pricematching policy. No issues with the fitting. The driving experience is great. I am happy with these tyres.

CarToyota Corolla 2002
Dunlop T.Dunlop TyresSend a private message

Hey Eric, so great to hear you're enjoying the driving experience with Dunlops on your Corolla

John63
John63Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Really good for the price

I bought a set of 4 tyres for my BA Ford Falcon as the previous tyres wore out in under 30,000 kms. So far so good, I've had these tyres since July 2016 and have only just done a tyre rotation with them. The price from K Mart was also good value for money, better than Bob Jane T Mart who claimed they didn't have the Dunlop's in stock, I would have to wait an extra week and then wanted to charge an extra $150.00 on top of what K Mart charged which was around $530.00.

Car2004 BA Ford Falcon sedan
Dunlop T.Dunlop TyresSend a private message

Thanks for the great review, we're so glad to hear you're enjoying running Dunlops on your Falcon

Josh
JoshSydney

High Quality

I have bought a set and it's improved my driving experience and decreased the stopping distance. The tires are the only contact of the car with the road. So, don't just buy a cheap one. But shop around and buy the good quality for relatively cheap. Overall, I'm happy with the quality.

CarToyota
Farhad
FarhadSydney

Really good for the price

I bought a pair of the Dunlops for my Toyota Camry. I read mixed reviews and wasn't too sure, but I bought them anyway since I got a really amazing deal from this new online shop called Tyroola. They have tyres at really cheap rates, and they have fitting partners too, so getting my Dunlop fitted was really smooth. I've been driving with these tyres for a couple of months now and they are in excellent condition. I have bought quite a few replacement tyres over the years, but this was one has been the best quality and best price so far.

CarToyota Camry
Pdew
PdewTownsville

As bad as retreads

CarHonda Odyssey 2009

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

CarHonda Freed

Stanley35
Stanley35J

Don't last long

I had Honda Freed 120PS with 185/65R15.
After 30000 kms the front tyre not in good shape (chip / chapped). So I rotate front to rear and vice versa.
The front tyre became chip / chapped again (after 40000 kms).

I think there are better tyre in this class for example Yokohama Bluearth AE01 or Continental Comfort Contact 5 or Michelin Energy XM2.

Peter
Peter

Why the wide range of Opinions?

Worst tyres ever

Constant vibration even after 2 attempts by the dealer to balance. Wear rate after 8,000km is awful. These tyres are complete rubbish. Dealer was no help at all and insists it is normal for a car to feel like it is driving on a corrugated dirt road when driving on smooth bitumen. If I can't get a refund I will throw them away and cop the loss. The worst tyres ever. I will never buy Dunlop again. One star is too generous. Zero stars from me for the Dunlop SP Sport 300E.

Dave
DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent In The Dry and Extreme Wet

rrm.aus
rrm.ausMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Stable Performance

I purchased a small 2nd hand hatchback 18 mths ago with these already fitted.
I have now travelled 20000 km and the tyres handle very well, above average.
Steering and braking ability is great, and the car feels very stable on the road.
I would definitely recommend these tyres for the average family car.
High performance sports cars would probably need something better.

Fitted by the previous owners, I am unable to calculate how long they last.

The tyres are slightly noisy, which can be annoying after a few hours.
steering and braking response above average
slightly noisy

Sean38
Sean38NSW

Not the best budget sports/touring tyre but better than most

They dont overheat or randomly lose grip but they dont really have that good grip in the dry especially in cornering.

Good under braking and looks like they are going to last a while, had 200e's on my other falcon and its already done 20k wearing nicely, a friend had a set last 100k so the range is impressive.
range, these will last you a LONG time, good braking good wet weather performance
bit expensive considering the cornering in dry is a bit lackluster