Dunlop Sport FM800

Dunlop Sport FM800 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:540803, 540803-P, 540804 and 28 more
Mark C.
Mark C.

Is there a tyre that is quieter than the Dunlop Sport FM800 but 225 55 18?

MBpilot
MBpilot

What pressure should I run Dunlop FM800 tyres on a CX-30

cheddiezalt
cheddiezalt

Check your owners manual for the required tyre pressure. It should probably be around 30 PSI.

Callanish
Callanish

I run mine at 40psi without any issues, and it states on the sidewall that it can go to a maximum of 51psi. 33-36psi is a general rule-of-thumb as it provides the most comfort and traction without wearing too much.

Alex Sanchez
Alex Sanchez

What is the cost of this tyre fitted?
Alex

M-Life
M-Life

I paid $508 including fitting and alignment at Bob Jane (30 June 2021). Without the alignment it would have been about $428. It's definitely a tyre you can shop around - most stores have them and they often have 4 for the price of 3 sales.

Weeteck O.
Weeteck O.

This Fm800 can use for subaru XV 2.0?

Abrianto J.
Abrianto J.

Fm800 is available in size 225/55 r17 for Subaru XV

Gay C.
Gay C.

What PSI should I use on my tyres Dunlop 205/55R16 91V FM800 MFS?

Rowan D.
Rowan D.

Are these tyres directional?

NC
NC

No, they are assymetrical, so they have one side marked "Outside". The tyre pattern is a bit misleading as they look a bit directional and is my only gripe with the tyre.

Hilton

What is the treadwear of the fm 800 tyre, as i can't find any tread wear number on the tyre itself?
Regards

Aneef I.

What is the EU Label ratings for this FM800 model? For Fuel economy, Wet Grip and Noise level in dB.
For example, Continental CC6 has fuel eco rating of C, Wet grip rating of C, and Noise level of 71 dB with single wave.

Ramazan
Ramazan

Fuel eco C
Wet Grip Rating A
Noise level 69
For 225/50R17

Aneef I.

Are these tyres comfortable and absorb potholes like the Yokohama Advan DBs and Continental CC6s? If I give Advan dBs and CC6 10/10 in Comfort and softness, what number would you give to SP800 out of 10, for Comfort and softness?

Pete
Pete

Depends in so many variables - vehicle, suspension set up, tyre pressure, speed etc. All I will say is they are a good all-round tyre on my XR6 running 36psi.

ed
ed

How are tyres lasting

Elby Ho Y
Elby Ho Y

Is this tyre noisy?

Dave

No, they're not noisy at all.

Beauzo
Beauzo

Just wondering how good these tyres really are at cornering, I have Yokohama blue earth which are a decent tyre but I can feel that I'm almost driving on the side wall under hard cornering, considering these dunlops when the yokohamas are worn, do they have a soft or stiff side wall, would they be recommended for spirited driving, I can't find any performance tyres in 14's would these be suited to my spirited driving? Thanks in advance

SandyG
SandyG

Hi They are strong side walled tyre as my car is hard on softer tyres, I don't like Yoko's as they wear very quickly on my car.

Dave

They are smooth and without noise. Mine is a small and relatively light car - driving heavier cars you'd obviously need to be more careful.

Recently we had a very windy day in my area and while driving down the freeway you could feel the wind hitting the car but the tyres really did make it feel like the car stuck better to the road than any set of tyres I've had before.

But as always - careful driving in all conditions especially when cornering is far more important than how good the tyres are.

Jovann46
Jovann46

I am from South Africa and use these tyres (195/50/15) for tar oval track racing in the 1660 fwd class.the wear is a bit more and quicker than the fireforce and bravus tyres used previosly,but the grip is far more superior in the wet and dry! As long as they are available I will keep on using them!

Get an answer from our members and Dunlop Tyres representatives