Dusk

Dusk (page 3 of 4)

Jay

JayMars

Do NOT buy their cheap, rubbish lighters!!

I am not on my THIRD lighter from Dusk and they all do the same thing. They work for literally 20 times thwnen fail to ignite after that. They are cheap crappy rubbish! Don't get sucked in with the offer of free refills. You are better off buying $20 worth of matches.

Maxine V

Maxine V

Ripped Off

I bought 2 x candles selling at $60 . After trimming the wicks & burning for 2 hours there was no aroma of the so called tropical spice. The candle has melted unevenly & the 3 wicks are hard to light ,very disappointing The quality of Australian made has gone. I will never buy from Dusk again it is a total rip off ..

Mosiba

MosibaSydney, NSW

No smell!

These candles are terrible. I’ve burnt one HALF WAY down the jar and still couldn’t smell anything. PLEASE give these candles a miss. Just buy some plain candles from Coles if you just want to burn some wax. Biggest waste of money! Check other reviews, exactly the same issue. Supposed to be Cranberry and Vanilla. Completely unscented. Please don’t waste your money.

Brett

BrettMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Confusing rewards on signing up

walked out feeling like i just got scammed. I did not notice to 2 different prices as the cheapest price is bolder so when signing up to the $10 rewards i calculated the 10% i would get off in my head. The cashier had to explain it to me 3 times before i worked out the price i saw was not what i was paying then getting the 10% off. The 10% off is already on the ticket price and what i was paying was the higher price (on the ticket) and then getting 10% off bring the price down to what i saw on the ticket.

So i still feel like i was scammed somehow.

Miss Capricorn

Miss CapricornMelbourne

Uuummm where’s the fragrance????

Have to agree with these one star ratings for lack of sent. Was given a candle as a present and it was lacking in smell. The brand BeEnlightened are the same price as dusk, bigger candles and an abundance of fragrance. Don’t wast your money on dusk

helioau

helioauAU

Do not waste your money

Candles made in China
0 scent and 0 throw at premium price
Just got a box of 3 candles as a present: Burnt Sugar & Bergamot, Vanilla Royalle and Honey Blossom & Freesia. None of them has any fragrance at all.
For the same money buy: Bath & Body Works ( 5 stores in Australia), Glasshouse and even Yankee Candles (at spotlight). There candles are sure to spread their beautiful scent throughout your house.

cannon

cannonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Candles lack Scent

I bought some candles that were on sale after Christmas. They were a reasonable price BUT still not worth the money. The fragrance throw is virtually non existent. Will never again buy candles from Dusk.

gee gee

gee geeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

NO SCENT!!!! OVER PRICED!

Candles are one of my favs so don’t mind spending $$$ for good soy scented candles. Much to my disappointment candles purchased at DUSK are no way scented! Won’t buy candles from DUSK again! DISAPPOINTING!

sharon

sharonParreara

Expensive coloured water - no scent!!

I bought 3 boxes of mood reeds as Xmas gifts but kept one for myself. I live in a small unit and would therefor expect to be able to smell the scent.... There is no smell at all... So disappointed... I would recommend that people buy the much cheaper versions as at least you get to enjoy a nice fragrance.

Eco fluid

After spending a small fortune buying those beautiful real flame burners, today I learn they no longer sell the eco fluid to go with it! As mention in other reviews prices keep going up but I love my flame burner so paid the prices...i asked if I could have a refund as what's the point and the lovely lady (not her fault obviously) suggested filling the hole with a candle or methylated spirits. I don't want an expensive candle holder or a celling covered in soot can you even use that stuff in that way??!! Anyway, I'm pretty angry and will make sure everyone I know stops shopping there!

anonymous

anonymousGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Geelong dusk store - bad customer service.

Sunday the 25th june 2017. Went to the geelong dusk store.
Never again. After purchasing a candle tea light burner. (it was for a present) the girl put the burn back in to the orginal box. She handed me the box with a big bolge out the side. I asked her to fix it, as it is a present. Her response was, they dont go back into the boxes the same. So I asked for a new boxed burner. She refused to open the box to check if it was not damaged.
Disgusting customer service.
So I got my money back. As a retail manager for years, this girl needs to show respect to customers as we are the one's that keep her in a job.
She would not be working in my store.

Piccollo

PiccolloSydney, NSW

mood reeds

The aroma used to permeate throughout the entire house (Lychee Black Tea) The last 3 times have been most disappointing. Very little aroma and the prices keep getting higher. The candles and wax melts are no better. Dusk..........what are you doing? Have been a customer for many years but will not be going back.

Annie SA

Annie SASouth East Queensland, QLD

Wax melts

Placed wax melts in my electric diffuser smelt great for the first 3 times then no smell just an oily smell very dissatisfied so Yankee candle is in there now, let's see how that goes

59can

59canSouth Australia

I have been a customer for many years but I won't be going back!

The quality of the candles has really declined and the prices keep getting higher. Dusk have been stocking less and less candles, replacing them with cheap looking decor products. Every time I go into a store another favourite scent has been discontinued.

I recently purchased Christmas votives and they have no scent, very disappointed. They look like cheap wax candles and now after reading these other reviews I understand why, cheap rubbish made in China. Who knows what we are breathing in while these candles burn in our homes.

Pity I can't give them no stars. Time to go Dusk.

Public avenger

Public avenger

Quality and standard not of Australia

mikmak

mikmak

Rude snd pushy store staff at Hornsby

At their Hornsby store there is the most pushy and rudest sales girl. Her pushiness is unbelievably intrusive and she persists with her social awkward hard sell no matter where you are in the store. I went in there several times in one week, hoping each time that she wouldn't be working that day. But she was there every single day so maybe Dusk have stupidly made her the store manager or something. She has terrible customer service skills - Dusk, you really need to rethink your staff training strategy because you've lost my business!

Leeah

LeeahSydney

No longer made in Australia!

I used to buy 50 scented tealights for $30 from Dusk on a regular basis as well as other items at times. However, when I noticed changes to the packaging a few months ago I also noticed that all the candles are Made in China. Dusk used to pride itself on all candles being Made in Australia. One of the reasons I supported the company. You have lost me Dusk-I won't be back I'm afraid.

Dr. Siva P

Dr. Siva PSydney, NSW

Bad member services

I went to Dusk today to as usual to buy a big lot of candles for me and my International guests. I have been a loyal Dusk customer since 2005. Upon going to the counter to pay, I was surprised that my membership is no longer is the system. I signed up just 1.5 years ago with a fee. I was also really disappointed to know that all my previous accumulated points had been lost as a result of Dusk membership database restart. I was told by the staff that I had to spend another $10 for another 2 years of membership as well. I was really shocked to know this. Moreover, the new membership merely saved me 48 cents. I'm really disappointed to know that all my previous records and points are inadvertently lost. Could Dusk please explain this???

carpenter/builderman

carpenter/buildermanmelbourne

Dusk Candles , Officially now made in China

I had an industry insider inform me that Dusk is now making all their products in China and has been doing so for quite a few months .
Another Aussie made industry bites the dust !

Miss LMelbourne

Now just a tacky gift shop

I used to buy candles and melts all the time, but since they changed their format and turned it into a tacky gift shop mostly selling seasonal gifts that are only just about as good as the reject shop I don't shop here any more. What were they thinking?

Miss L

My friend has informed me they are going bankrupt, so had to change their business model to cheap Chinese imports rather than hand made candles and melts. Another one bites the dust.