Dusk

Dusk (page 7 of 8)

Kath

KathMelbourne

Excellent customer service by Alysha

Excellent customer service by Alysha in Werribee plaza..
Amicable, curious and excellent sales person.. Well done Alysha..

Keep up the good work !!!!
Cheers
Kath

shimmie

shimmieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Severe drop in quality

I used to love Dusk candles, but now that they're made in Asia, I found they don't throw the scent they once did. I actually did a comparison test - I had an old one that was in storage for a year or so.
I have given them an extra star for their generous return policy (no time limit on return to store unused and with receipt) and also I have had nothing but great service at all of their stores.
Such a shame though, bye bye beautiful Awakening candle :(

Linda

LindaAdelaide

Disappointed

After being a loyal customer since it opened, you have lost me, I have noticed the drop in quality. I used to love the melts, they no longer last a long tome, no idea what is in them that could be dangerous, very disappointed ex customer. Linda

mikmak

mikmak

Rude snd pushy store staff at Hornsby

At their Hornsby store there is the most pushy and rudest sales girl. Her pushiness is unbelievably intrusive and she persists with her social awkward hard sell no matter where you are in the store. I went in there several times in one week, hoping each time that she wouldn't be working that day. But she was there every single day so maybe Dusk have stupidly made her the store manager or something. She has terrible customer service skills - Dusk, you really need to rethink your staff training strategy because you've lost my business!

No longer made in Australia

Not happy customer. I regularly bought candles from Dusk because they were made in Australia. When asked the saleslady about candles being made in China, she said that everything is from Australia expect the making of it and that there were Australians working in China for the Dusk Company..??? The scents, I wanted were discontinued. I bought 3 candles but will not go there again, that for sure.

Leeah

LeeahSydney

No longer made in Australia!

I used to buy 50 scented tealights for $30 from Dusk on a regular basis as well as other items at times. However, when I noticed changes to the packaging a few months ago I also noticed that all the candles are Made in China. Dusk used to pride itself on all candles being Made in Australia. One of the reasons I supported the company. You have lost me Dusk-I won't be back I'm afraid.

leah n

leah n

Great fragances

Purchased a mood mist machine and loved it but unfortunately my favorite fragrance was discontinued. I did however find it still for sale online and was able to purchase it there but had to pay a slightly inflated amount for postage . (ive had 1.8 kg amethyst clusters delivered for $3more) . The items arrived in good condition and in only a few days . Will be disappointed when im no longer able to purchase this fragrance as it is beautiful .

Bad service

I had a similar experience, at a store in Morley, WA. I had planned most of my purchases before going into the store. There were two staff, and even though I was the only one in the store and knew what I wanted, the younger sales assistant was more interested in going back to the counter to chat with the other sales assistant instead of answering any questions (I had difficulty reading the fine print on the labels). After having to call her back a couple of times, it felt as if I was intruding on her leisure time. As a consequence, I left the store without making any purchases, with no desire to return again.

Rejuvinate-my favourite

Disappointed to find my favourite candle/diffuser fragrance Rejuvenate is no longer being made....the shop assistant at the Chadstone store could offer nothing even similar. Did not like any of the new fragrances.

Ellen

EllenAdelaide

Expensive for what it is

This is a wonderful store

I've been frequenting Dusk for some months now and am now a regular customer. My experience with service in their Tuggeranong, Canberra store has been a delight, the staff are always very friendly and very pleasant to chat with, the service is fabulous bar none. I love the candles, I like the signature scents but I've loved the Botanik range which has now been discontinued. This is a wonderful store with superior candles well worth the price tag.

No where else compares!

The candles are of very high quality and have some lovely scents. I would recommend Lychee and Black Tea, Harmony and the Sixth Sense. Dusk has been my favourite candle shop for as long as I can remember and I've never been able to find a similar business in Australia. My only wish is that there would be less seasonal decor items and more actual candles, because I remember there used to be dozens of different fragrances in the signature collection whereas now most of them have been discontinued.

Used to be a great shop now it's not about nice candles but trinkets

Not happy with change to candles much less choice only two votives I like now, two others spirituality and Parisienne have gone along with value for money as new candles are a lot lot smaller and now you need to buy all new holders. So I've decided to learn and make my own candles have bought all the stuff and then when I find my favorite fragrance it can't be withdrawn. Used to spend thousands every year on candles for myself and best friends no more, shame shame and the new reward card? huh you should not have to pay for a loyalty card! No incentive so walk with your feet people.

Dr. Siva P

Dr. Siva PSydney, NSW

Bad member services

I went to Dusk today to as usual to buy a big lot of candles for me and my International guests. I have been a loyal Dusk customer since 2005. Upon going to the counter to pay, I was surprised that my membership is no longer is the system. I signed up just 1.5 years ago with a fee. I was also really disappointed to know that all my previous accumulated points had been lost as a result of Dusk membership database restart. I was told by the staff that I had to spend another $10 for another 2 years of membership as well. I was really shocked to know this. Moreover, the new membership merely saved me 48 cents. I'm really disappointed to know that all my previous records and points are inadvertently lost. Could Dusk please explain this???

carpenter/builderman

carpenter/buildermanmelbourne

Dusk Candles , Officially now made in China

I had an industry insider inform me that Dusk is now making all their products in China and has been doing so for quite a few months .
Another Aussie made industry bites the dust !

Miss LMelbourne

Now just a tacky gift shop

I used to buy candles and melts all the time, but since they changed their format and turned it into a tacky gift shop mostly selling seasonal gifts that are only just about as good as the reject shop I don't shop here any more. What were they thinking?

Miss L

My friend has informed me they are going bankrupt, so had to change their business model to cheap Chinese imports rather than hand made candles and melts. Another one bites the dust.

Just been duped

I told the assistant I wanted to spend approx $50 she told me of discount if I joined up so I did.so I spent 62...
Was very surprised when it the total was 72, it was THEN she told AND not before to join just cost you $10...that was after she rang it up !!!!!!!
But if you go online you'll get a $10 voucher ...
That's assuming I want another candle. Well not from there .

Milord

MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

Granted they're not cheap, its not for every one and I like their offerings

annielou

annielouSydney, NSW

Dusk Melts

I have tried many melts of all different brands. I find the Dusk melts do not last longer than my 3 hour candle. I have tried it and compared it numerous times, thinking it was a bad batch, but they all lose their smell within 3 hours. Very disappointing for such an expensive melt
It did smell nice before I melted it.
Smell was no longer after a 3 hour candle

Susie24

Susie24Kalgoorlie

Try Online

I went onto my local Dusk not so long ago attempting to get my Xmas shopping started. As soon as I walked in, I was greeted...and that's where it stopped. I was the only customer for most of the time I was there (which was about 10mins all up) and was never asked if I needed any assistance which was pretty disappointing. They do have a great selection put they are pricey, needless to say I purchased online for a lot less!
Great selection