4Dux Always Hot Continuous Flow

Dux Always Hot Continuous Flow Questions & Answers

Bernie Costello
Bernie Costello · 17ENB5L

I am wondering why my water is not getting hot?.it is only just Luke warm?

Dux   DM

Hi Bernie, We would like to resolve this issue as soon as we can.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, address where the unit is installed, and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Alex A. · Always Hot Continuous Flow

I've got a 26ECB5L which would not ignite at times(getting frequent now). I would power it off at the powerpoint for a few seconds then turn it on again. It would start working again but after a few uses it would repeat the problem. Water flow is more than sufficient, new gas bottle and No blockage on inlet filter. Any ideas for a fix?

Dux   DM

Hi Alex, We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

Alex A.

I've emailed thru the requested info last night but haven't received any confirmation. Just following up. Thanks.

Dux   DM

Hi Alex, Sorry but we haven't received your email since yesterday.

May we request you to email it again to help@dux.com.au, so we can call you, talk through the issue and try to resolve it for you?

Send thru now….

Dux   DM

Hi Alex, Unfortunately, we haven't receive any email from you about your product and personal details. Spam/Junk folders have been checked already.

To keep your details confidential, we would advise you to call our team 1300 365 115 option 2 to discuss this issue so we can provide you faster solution.

Alex A.

Sorted! Thanks for the help.

BAD
BAD · 21ENB5N

Can the system be operational without the temp controller? Had nothing but trouble with current systems controller and we never changed the temp anyway
, thanks

Dux   DM

Hi there, Thanks for your question.

All our Gas Continuous Flow systems will operate without a controller, the controllers are an optional accessory.

Armando M. · Always Hot Continuous Flow

what type of 50 o 60 degre for a normal house

Dux   DM

Hi Armando, Thanks for your question.

Either unit will be fine, it'll be a question of hot water delivery temperature.

The 50 Deg C unit does not require tempering valves to regulate the temperature of the water delivered to the sanitation (bathroom en-suite etc) areas.

The 50 Deg C can be adjusted by the installer up to 54 Deg C to try and compensate for heat loss in the pipes so that the temperature at the nearest sanitation fixture is 50 Deg C max (AS3500.4 requirement)

A 60 deg C unit will give you hotter water to Kitchen and laundry areas, however the sanitation areas will need tempering valves fitted to the plumbing to regulate the temperature of the water delivered there to 50 Deg C max.

Thanks for youre information i will use the original 50 deg

Belinda Wong
Belinda Wong · 26L

What is the shelf life and warranty?

Dux   DM

Hi Belinda, Thanks for raising your question.

Our warranty terms are covered here:

Warranty terms specific to the 26L Always Hot range are covered here:

We hope this helps.

Alfred G
Alfred G · Always Hot Continuous Flow

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the DUX SKU 714765 controller. Could that be used as a replacement for the Bosch YPRM67XB? The latter turns itself off about once a week.

Dux   DM

Hi Alfred, Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

We are unaware if our controller will work with the Bosch unit.

cylauleung
cylauleung · Always Hot Continuous Flow

noticed that they have condensing and non-condensing to choose, is it worth to choose the more expensive condensing one ? will it got more maintenance ?

cylauleung
cylauleung · Always Hot Continuous Flow

wonder how many of this unit needed for a normal 3-bedroom house ? Also normally where to install ?

Dux   DM

Hi there, Thanks for raising your question.

If you have gas on the property, either a 170L gas storage heater or a 26L/min Gas Continuous Flow water heater. If there is no gas available, we would suggest a 315L electric storage heater.

The ideal place to install the heater is closest to the point of most use, e.g. bathrooms, laundry or kitchens.

You can find further information at these links:

Gas Storage

Gas Continuous Flow

Electric Storage

Graham F · 21ENB5L

Is this unit suitable for boosting a solar system hot water?

Dux   DM

Hi Graham, Thanks for your question.

The 21ENB5L cannot be used as a solar booster.

The only model that is tested, approved and certified as a solar booster is a 26ENG6L.

Graham F

Is this model currently available? And is there nothing in a smaller unit for a single bathroom as a solar booster?

Dux   DM

Hi Graham, This unit is in stock and the only model that we have as a solar booster.

Scott · 21ENB5L

6 months ago I purchased DUX 21ENB5L from Bunnings and was happy withe the product. I lost the reciept and then the heater started producing warm water NOT hot water. Bunnings said returns were not posible and it would have to go through DUX.
I needed hot water so I just went and got another 1.
The new one produces warm NOT hot water. I measured it at 40 degrees at most, not shower or washing up temp.
put me down as being VERY unsatisfied.. My previous heater was a BOSCH and it ran for 25 years and was installed in 3 locations and never missed a beat.
I got the DUX because it was a more compact unit and it was fine while it worked..... at $800 each you can imagine im not happy. I cant take time off to wait around for a DUX tech is there a location I can take the first one to near Ballina for repair?

Scott

I retract my previous comments.
the issue was with the gas bottle that had badly restricted flow.
resolved now...
any 1 want my spare DUX...DOH!!

Dux   DM

Hi Scott, We're glad that this has now been resolved.

Please email help@dux.com.au if we can be of help in the future.

Daniel M.
Daniel M. · Always Hot Continuous Flow

Has anyone had any experience using these units with a high efficiency shower head (9L/minute)? My issue with my current hot water unit (non dux) is that since installing the new shower head the water needs to turned all the way up or it will keep cutting in and out giving hot then cold water.

I’m trying to find a product which works with water saving shower heads but won’t break the hot water unit either.

Dux   DM

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your email.

The Gas Continuous Flow units will work with 9L/min showerheads.

To work efficiently, shower heads should be cleaned regularly of calcium and lime scale buildup with a product such as CLR or white vinegar, the hot tap should be opened fully and then cold water added to suit.

Cornelis Prinsloo
Cornelis Prinsloo · 17ENB5L

My system has started to play up. it will heat the water one time and not another time. Why does it do it?

Dux   DM

Hi Cornelis, We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Our team would like to resolve this for you. So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your productreview username, best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try to resolve it for you?

Tracey W.
Tracey W. · 21ENB5L

Our gas bottle is full. Everything is turned on but no HOT water... what could be the cause?

Dux   DM

Hi Tracey, Thanks for your question.

Please check that the power to the unit is on. Check that the changeover valve is turned the correct way.
Are there any remote controllers fitted?

If they are turned off, the unit will not fire up. Otherwise leave a hot tap running fully open, power the unit off at the power point, wait 15 seconds and turn back on, the unit should fire up shortly. Repeat that cycle up to 4 times if necessary.

Stephen M.
Stephen M. · Always Hot Continuous Flow

Hi Does the 26ENA6L require a controller to operate?

Dux   DM

Hi Stephen, Thank you for your question.

The 26ENA6L will operate without a controller, if an RCM1D main controller is fitted, it will allow you to adjust the temperatures between 37 Deg C and 75 Deg C.

Any sanitation areas such as Bathrooms and En-Suites will need a high performance tempering valve fitted to limit the temperature of water delivered to those areas to 50 Deg C.

Robert N · 21ENB5L

How do you increase the temperature on this unit?

Tilingpools.com.au
Tilingpools.com.au

Not meant to its set

Dux   DM

Hi Robert, Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The unit is preset to 50 Deg C, a minor temperature adjustment of up to 5 Deg C is possible by a suitable qualified tradesperson with a main controller RCM1D.

Robert N

Thank You, I was told before I purchased this model I could raise the temperature. I find this not quite hot enough for doing my dishes So I need it to be hotter and 5 Deg will make a lot of difference I think or hope.
Regards
Robert

Margeret B.
Margeret B. · Always Hot Continuous Flow

Do you have a supplier in South Africa?
Would we be able to use the smaller one as a camping portable one?
Regards
Margeret

Dux   DM

Hi Margaret, Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately we don't supply to South Africa. Our products are only exported to New Zealand and only comply with AU/NZ Standards.

milk
milk · Always Hot Continuous Flow

looking for a new hot water unit as the last one broke i came across these ones and just wondering if they stay hot or do i wait a fraction too get hot water from the tap as this one that just broke i was looking at like 2mins of waiting until it becomes hot

Dux   DM

Hi there, Apologies for the delay in answering your question.

The water heater heats the water stored inside it. The water in the pipes between it and the tap cools, known as a ‘dead leg’. That water needs to be pushed out of the way by the hot water in the tank.

To reduce this wastage, we suggest talking to your plumber about having an on-demand water recirculating pump with return line fitted.

Ivan · Always Hot Continuous Flow

Actually I’m building the house and the the builder has included the hot water system .But I don’t know does it include a main controller or not. If not can I install one afterward?

Dux   DM

Hi Ivan, Thanks for raising your question.

A remote controller is not included with the heater unless the Builder has specified it.

It can be fitted after the house is built, the details of the remote controllers can be found here:

Ivan

Thanks for the reply, who should I contact with and how much will be charge? If install by your company can you install during the construction, because you don’t need to drill holes .

Dux   DM

Hi Ivan, Would you be able to provide your full name, best contact number and your location to help@dux.com.au so we can call you as soon as we can?

Jason · 21ENB5L

Hi we recently installed a new unit however can’t find any way to adjust temperature? Our hot water is only lukewarm. Does the unit come with a remote control which maybe our plumbers have misplaced?

Carol Eggleton

Hi Jason as far as I know there is no remote. The temperature is preset and I do not believe it can be altered I believe there is a regulation on all hot water that prevents scalding and burning. Having said that the temperature should be far hotter than lukewarm. I would call installer back possibly temperature was not set correctly or the thermostat is faulty and needs replacing. Hope this helps nothing worse than a cold shower or washing up is cold water. Good Luck.

Jason

Thanks Carol, I’m thinking it must have a faulty thermostat as there is no way to adjust temperature even for a plumber, so can’t see any point getting him back as we’re quite remote.

Dux   DM

Hi Jason, Thanks for raising your question.

A remote controller is an optional accessory and is not supplied with the unit.

The main controller CM1D is mandatory if a remote controller is fitted. It will allow the temperature to be adjusted between 37-50 deg C.

Jason

Thanks, so is there anyway to adjust temperature? It is no warmer than Luke warm.

Dux   DM

Hi Jason, Unfortunately without a main controller, it's not possible to change the temperature.

Jason

Ok, so where can I purchase a main controller, or Do I just return the unit, seems strange that a new unit wouldn’t come with a main controller if required?? The water is like warm you can comfortably hold your hand under it and too cold to wash up or shower without even turning any cold water on.

Dux   DM

Hi Jason, The Main Controller model no. is CM1D.

All manufacturers class remote controllers as Accessories, they are not included with the heater. They are available through your local plumbing store.

Xavier
Xavier · Always Hot Continuous Flow

Can it be operate by 8.5L standard bottle gas cylinder?

Carol Eggleton

Hi Xavier I believe there is an equivalent that runs off bottle gas. I would assume N is for natural gas. Check with plumbing store or Bunnings they would have different models. I did not go into too far as I had only 1 option which was natural gas.

There is ULPG gas Version in the Manual

rocket45

It consumes 250MJ/hr for 25degree temp rise.
You need 240volt power supply for ignition and driving the power flue.

Dux   DM

Hi Xavier, Thanks for raising your question.

The minimum size required is a 45kg LPG cylinder, that is the correct evaporation of liquid to gas occurs and the gas is delivered at the volume and pressure that is required to correctly operate the unit.

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

Select a listing for your question
Dux Always Hot Continuous Flow

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Dux Always Hot Continuous Flow is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023, 2021 and 2020.