Dux Prodigy 3

7 questions from our users

Pauline D.

Pauline D.asked

Prodigy 3

How can I stop the excessive loud banging/popping noise from the unit. This happens every time the water is being used!!

Ellawala
Ellawala

I don't know why.I too am a consumer.

Dux C.Dux

Hi Pauline,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

Regards,

The Dux Team

Dux C.Dux

Hi Pauline,

The heater (as it is a hollow vessel) might be amplifying noises in the plumbing and valves fitted to the cold water supply to the tank, as the water is being drawn off, any 'chattering' of valves is amplified by the hot water system.

It might be worth either getting a local plumber in to test and replace any inlet valves as required, otherwise one of our service agents (contact Dux After Sales on 1300 365 115 Option 2) can change valves as required and inspect the heater for correct operation.

To save you from calling us, we would appreciate if you can email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au and we will be the one to get in touch with you.

Regards,

The Dux Team

Craig

Craigasked

Prodigy 3

How long should the hot water last havin a shower.... lasts for about 8 minutes before going cold..... mmmm.... model 135fng...

John O

Hi Craig, this was a regular thing in winter. Shorter sunlight hours or often overcast or just cooler ambient temp in general all contributed. Even though the thermostat should have made gas kick in and get temp up it was often a struggle to more than 10 min of usable hot water with hot tap on full. Eventually we had to get rid of it and installed a 230lt Aquamax and haven’t looked back.

polo

poloasked

Prodigy 3

How can I de-scale my Prodigy, the popping and banging is starting to irritate.

Ocean

Oceanasked

Prodigy 3

Hello is the unit meant to leak water out of the blue knob?

John O

Not sure where the blue knob is but pretty sure the water shouldnt leak out of anywhere on the external unit.

Annoyed
Annoyed

Hi Ocean. My apologies but I can't remember a blue knob on the outside or inside of the unit. As John O said, I don't think any part of the unit should be leaking water, except for the usual occasional dripping from the relief valve.

Jan

Janasked

Prodigy 3 170SN

Why does my pilot light keep going out? My unit is just 3 months old.

John O

Hi Jan, like my original unit the thermocouple was a constant problem. This device is integral to the continuous operation of the pilot. Faulty, dirty etc. given only 3 months old perhaps is faulty or fitted incorrectly. Left field suggestion might be wind? Really windy conditions or simply a small opening or gap is the HWS outer cabinet is enough to blow out the pilot. You should be covered by installation and manufacturers warranty either way so just get your supplier/installer back out to check it for you. Good luck.

Peter

Peterasked

Hello,
I have a Dux Prodigy 3 ( 135FNG) Unit installed at my house which works fine.

I have noticed recently that the Expansion ( Relief Valve) on the cold water inlet is constantly dripping and as the unit has been installed for possibly 8-10 Years I suspect it will need changing.

I have a Nephew that is qualified to do the work but we just wanted to check on the pressure rating of this valve as the metal tag has broken of at some stage and the little section that is left has no details on it.

I know that the same valve on the Hot Outlet at the top is 1400 Pressure, but would appreciate it if you can advise what the lower cold water inlet relief valve should be ??

Don’t want to get a wrong part fitted !!

Thanks:

Best Regards: Peter

Dux H.Dux

Hi Peter, the 135FNG comes with a 1400kpa pressure relief valve. HT55 1400kpa.
In regards to the cold water inlet valve would be a 1200kpa

If you require further information please call 1300 365 115 - option 2
Regards
Dux Hot Water

Mheddon

Mheddonasked

Prodigy 3

The pilot light will not stay on, is there a easy fix?
It's a new unit.

Dux H.Dux

Hi, please contact Dux Manufacturing Limited, please provide the serial number. Here we can advise further . Thanks Dux After Sales.

Kristian watts
Kristian watts

Never buy a
Dux again mate , it's a common fault

Tom
Tom

It could be a few different things. Start with the cheapest. Clean pilot and check for water leaks, or exposed to high winds etc. Next buy a new pilot or thermocouple. If that doesn't solve it you may be looking at a new thermostat, which could be around $400 installed. If no warranty.

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives