135SL, 170SL, 135SN, 170SN

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Sad oldieSydney, NSW

Rubbish

My hot water tank is 5 years old and for the last 3 years I have had to relight the pilot light every few weeks. For no reason the pilot light goes out & of course I don’t know until I have a cold shower. Two plumbers cannot work out why it occurs & of course it is out of warranty. Phone calls to the company have resulted in them telling me i need a plumber as “it shouldn’t be happening”. Needless to say I would never use Dux again. Absolute rubbish.

Purchased in August 2015.

Household Size1 person(s)
Smells of GasYes
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

Pauline D.

Pauline D.asked

Prodigy 3

How can I stop the excessive loud banging/popping noise from the unit. This happens every time the water is being used!!

Ellawala
Ellawala

I don't know why.I too am a consumer.

Hi Pauline,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

Regards,

The Dux Team

Hi Pauline,

The heater (as it is a hollow vessel) might be amplifying noises in the plumbing and valves fitted to the cold water supply to the tank, as the water is being drawn off, any 'chattering' of valves is amplified by the hot water system.

It might be worth either getting a local plumber in to test and replace any inlet valves as required, otherwise one of our service agents (contact Dux After Sales on 1300 365 115 Option 2) can change valves as required and inspect the heater for correct operation.

To save you from calling us, we would appreciate if you can email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au and we will be the one to get in touch with you.

Regards,

The Dux Team

Craig

Craigasked

Prodigy 3

How long should the hot water last havin a shower.... lasts for about 8 minutes before going cold..... mmmm.... model 135fng...

John O
John O

Hi Craig, this was a regular thing in winter. Shorter sunlight hours or often overcast or just cooler ambient temp in general all contributed. Even though the thermostat should have made gas kick in and get temp up it was often a struggle to more than 10 min of usable hot water with hot tap on full. Eventually we had to get rid of it and installed a 230lt Aquamax and haven’t looked back.

polo

poloasked

Prodigy 3

How can I de-scale my Prodigy, the popping and banging is starting to irritate.

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

Compare all 4 Dux Prodigy 3
CategoryGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage Systems
Release dateApr 2008Apr 2008Apr 2008Apr 2008