Dux Prodigy 3

Dux Prodigy 3 (page 2 of 2)

135SL, 135SN, 170SL and 170SN

Tom

Tomperth

Giving away Dux Prodigy 3 can be found on street curb.

Unit 3 years old, Pilot kept going out, cleaned pilot changed thermocouple, still had problem so called a plumber, Thermostat faulty. was going to be $350 to replace, That plus reading reviews while trying to fix earlier problems I decided to scrap heater and go instantaneous. Thank you Dux you cost me good money...
Removed fairly easily
Everything

Dux H.Dux
Caron
Caron

I have a Dux Prodigy 3 just stopping releasing hot water after warranty expired. What a bad product.

Dux H.Dux

Hi Caron, we are sorry to hear of your experience with the Dux hot water system. We would like to investigate your matter further, please contact Dux on 1300 365 115, option 2 with the following reference number PRW104.
Thanks Dux After Sales.

Feel ripped off

Yet again our rubbish Dux has let us down. This time the pressure release valve on the roof started leaking and cost us $400 to replace! We installed the system in 2008 and have had to get a plumber in at least once a year. I could have nearly have replaced the entire unit for the money I have spent on it.

Arrived dented, Dux sent me a new cover and a gift card. I was expecting a replacement. Then the pipe between the two panels bursts about once a year, finally the roof valve started leaking. I have spent over $1000 on it so far and it’s not even five years old.

Karl
Karl

Pressure release valve on the roof has been leaking again for a for months so I had the solar panels disconnected and bypassed. Now I have noticed a permanent puddle under the storage tank. I am sick of spending money on this piece of junk.

Horrible unit

Our first problem starts with the valve switch for gas locked, spent $330 for replacement september 2011 then there is water leaking from the solar panel, both two panels replaced December 2012 costing us $440.
Now on Christmas day, found out that the gas is switched off, unable to restart, therefore, this means that the gas valve switch is not working again.
Need to contact DUX on their working day to get their response.
Very dissapointed and this system is costing another hot water unit .

faulty gas switch valve and water leakage solar panel.

Pauline D.

Pauline D.asked

How can I stop the excessive loud banging/popping noise from the unit. This happens every time the water is being used!!

Ellawala
Ellawala

I don't know why.I too am a consumer.

Dux C.Dux

Hi Pauline,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

Regards,

The Dux Team

Dux C.Dux

Hi Pauline,

The heater (as it is a hollow vessel) might be amplifying noises in the plumbing and valves fitted to the cold water supply to the tank, as the water is being drawn off, any 'chattering' of valves is amplified by the hot water system.

It might be worth either getting a local plumber in to test and replace any inlet valves as required, otherwise one of our service agents (contact Dux After Sales on 1300 365 115 Option 2) can change valves as required and inspect the heater for correct operation.

To save you from calling us, we would appreciate if you can email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au and we will be the one to get in touch with you.

Regards,

The Dux Team

Craig

Craigasked

How long should the hot water last havin a shower.... lasts for about 8 minutes before going cold..... mmmm.... model 135fng...

John O
John O

Hi Craig, this was a regular thing in winter. Shorter sunlight hours or often overcast or just cooler ambient temp in general all contributed. Even though the thermostat should have made gas kick in and get temp up it was often a struggle to more than 10 min of usable hot water with hot tap on full. Eventually we had to get rid of it and installed a 230lt Aquamax and haven’t looked back.

polo

poloasked

How can I de-scale my Prodigy, the popping and banging is starting to irritate.

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

Dux Prodigy 3 135SL