Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL

See the Best Gas Hot Water Storage Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dux

3.2
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (10)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

New for Old

I recently needed to replace the old Dux gas hot water storage unit as the pilot light would not stay lit. It has functioned quite well for 21+ years :). I have replaced it with the same capacity unit (135 litre) which is the same size and therefore was able to use the existing connections. I am using a lower setting on the new unit to achieve the same hot water temperature as before, wonderful thus far.

Purchased in September 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $1,404.00.

Dux C.Dux

Our last Dux system lasted for 18+ years. For that reason we choose to replace with DUX PRODIGY 4 135Lts.

Staff and the Installer are very helpful and professional.

Thankyou DUX

Hope I have the same positive feeling towards DUX through out the life of the system

Purchased in September 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,891.00.

Dux C.Dux

Dux hot water broken after 6 month. Dux refuse to fix!!! do not BUY DUX.

I bought a DUX gas storage hot water system. It stopped working and started making a terrible whistling sound. My neighbour was disappointed due to noise and almost called the police. When I called DUX they refuse to fix it. DUX say over the phone without visiting the site that the problem water pressure and there is nothing they can do about it. A hot water system is supposed to last 8 years my one broken after 6 months. DUX refuse to fix it. Do not buy DUX. DUX look good value at bunnings but do not let DUX fool you like me.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,200.00.

James M.
James M.
Chris D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fails 1 month after warranty finishes and Dux could not care less

Hot water service decided to explode from the top 27 days past the "warranty" period. Contacted Dux thinking they might have some half decent customer service however found the lady on the phone basically telling me bad luck out of warranty nothing we can do. Quality service that your units aren't exactly cheap and yet just after warranty it fails!!!!

Purchased in October 2013.

Chris D.

Sent you the info but still haven’t heard anything back in more then 10 days now

Gas Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL compares to other Gas Hot Water Storage Systems

Lurch16Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Replaced old Dux with new Dux

15yr old gas Dux 135L replaced with same. Old unit was leaking slowly but still functioning. Ordered through Bunny’s and their independent plumber and installed next day as arranged. In-store price of unit alone $854. Learned that the corrosion protecting anode could have been replaced at about 5 yrs. for longer life. Had no issues with old Dux which is why I chose Dux again. Aways had plenty of constant hot water and never had to have repairs or attention to the pilot light.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $1,240.00.

Claire
ClaireGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I worship it!

Fitter installed it in record time - set the temp for me and it is perfect!
Unit is brilliant - had 3 freeloaders stay and never ran out of water even when one shaved their legs in the shower!
Am soooo happy!

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,100.00.

Leon R.
Leon R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

All too easy!

An easy transfer over from the old system. Installed in half an hour and notified by the plumber of the time of arrival. This is the second unit we have had for two properties and highly recommend the Prodigy 4.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $897.00.

Dux C.Dux

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
VFP
VFPGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent unit for me and the three kids.

Hassle-free- hot water when I need it for me and my 3 kids. They have baths every night. I haven't experienced any hot water shortage. Temperature seems to be perfect, even after a big wash.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $897.00.

Noise Level
Rebecca
RebeccaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic product

Our hot water service died unexpectedly in the middle of the night after around 12yrs of moderate usage. I needed the service to be replaced ASAP but that wasn't possible as it was Friday morning.

I went through Bunnings and was able to order the DUX Prodigy 4 hot water unit direct from them with same day installation by a local plumber, and was able to pay for it over the phone, cheaper than anywhere else. Free delivery of the unit too. I had to wait until Monday for the delivery and installation but it all went ahead, hiccup free. Great service and excellent product.

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $866.00.

Rachel
RachelSydney, NSW

Hot Water Replacement

Our new Dux hot water system was installed in December & from the moment it was installed, I’ve been so happy with it. The Install went smooth & the installer was on time & very polite

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

JLK
JLKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hot water replacement

Installation was quick and easy!
Hot water is HOT and is enough for a family of 5...
We were quoted $3100 by another plumber... instead we paid $1300... very very happy customers!!

Purchased in January 2019.

Crap heater

I would not buy A dux ever again and have advised everyone I know how poor these are and when it comes to after sale service don't bother cause they are not interested. Stay away from DUX it lasted 1 year and it has had problems ever since pay a bit extra and get a Rinnai.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
shane
shane

Luke warm water

units was installed 2 years 4 months ago, so it is out of warranty.Gas keeps going out having to relight approx 2-3 times per day. It replaced an 18yo dux system that never gave any issues but packed it in finally. Replaced with the 135l prodigy system. Gas goes out all the time and their service agent tells me these systems are very poor quality. Another agent tells me he can modify to give no issues so I'm going with that option to save $2460 (modify is $90 + call out)

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Vin
VinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Crack in the tank within 4 years

We had the Dux Prodigy 4 for 4 years before the tank started to leak. Contacted Dux who organised a plumber from Cavana Hot Water systems to inspect.
The plumber who attended said the tanks split at the bottom joint and it is a common manufacturing issue.
Dux organised a warranty replacement but I had to pay for the install which was around $800 which I felt was very expensive.
Retrospectively, I could have spent an extra $200 and purchased a brand new unit from another manufacturer with a full warranty. Lesson learnt I guess!

My experience, with customer service teams of Dux and Cavana, was terrible.

Keep away from them, if you can. Poor product quality + Poor customer service

Date PurchasedApr 2014

Poor lifespan

Sorry to say a very poor product - tank lining issue (water exits discoloured brown) a month after Dux's 5 year warranty ran out.

DUX not interested. Will pursue them in consumer affairs under statutory warranty. One would think that a HWS in excess of $1,000 should last longer than 5 years and one month

Date PurchasedJune 2012