Part of Dux Prodigy 4 4.5

Heating Speed

Brian Miller
Brian MillerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hot water! Fantastic!

It has only had to cope with moderate demand and use. It coped with these very easily. No noticable temperature fluctuations while in use. Show details ·  1
Chris
Chris2 posts

New for Old

I recently needed to replace the old Dux gas hot water storage unit as the pilot light would not stay lit. It has functioned quite well for 21+ years :). I have replaced it with the same capacity unit (135 litre) which is the same size and therefore was able to use the existing connections. I am using a lower setting on the new unit to achieve the same hot water temperature as before, wonderful thus far. Show details ·  1
Goutham Reddy D.
Goutham Reddy D.Queensland2 posts
  135ZL

Our last Dux system lasted for 18+ years. For that reason we choose to replace with DUX PRODIGY 4 135Lts.

Staff and the Installer are very helpful and professional.

Thankyou DUX

Hope I have the same positive feeling towards DUX through out the life of the system Show details ·  1

James M.
James M.3 posts

Dux hot water broken after 6 month. Dux refuse to fix!!! do not BUY DUX

I bought a DUX gas storage hot water system. It stopped working and started making a terrible whistling sound. My neighbour was disappointed due to noise and almost called the police. When I called DUX they refuse to fix it. DUX say over the phone without visiting the site that the problem water pressure and there is nothing they can do about it. A hot water system is supposed to last 8 years my one broken after 6 months. DUX refuse to fix it. Do not buy DUX. DUX look good value at bunnings but do not let DUX fool you like me.  Show details
Chris D.
Chris D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC10 posts

Fails 1 month after warranty finishes and Dux could not care less

Hot water service decided to explode from the top 27 days past the "warranty" period. Contacted Dux thinking they might have some half decent customer service however found the lady on the phone basically telling me bad luck out of warranty nothing we can do. Quality service that your units aren't exactly cheap and yet just after warranty it fails!!!!  Show details
Lurch16
Lurch16Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Replaced old Dux with new Dux

15yr old gas Dux 135L replaced with same. Old unit was leaking slowly but still functioning. Ordered through Bunny’s and their independent plumber and installed next day as arranged. In-store price of unit alone $854. Learned that the corrosion protecting anode could have been replaced at about 5 yrs. for longer life. Had no issues with old Dux which is why I chose Dux again. Aways had plenty of constant hot water and never had to have repairs or attention to the pilot light. Show details ·  2
Claire
ClaireGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC7 posts

I worship it!

Fitter installed it in record time - set the temp for me and it is perfect!
Unit is brilliant - had 3 freeloaders stay and never ran out of water even when one shaved their legs in the shower!
Am soooo happy! Show details ·  1
Leon R.
Leon R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  Fair Incentive 135ZL

All too easy!

An easy transfer over from the old system. Installed in half an hour and notified by the plumber of the time of arrival. This is the second unit we have had for two properties and highly recommend the Prodigy 4. Show details ·  1
VFP
VFPGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC6 posts
  135ZL

Excellent unit for me and the three kids

Hassle-free- hot water when I need it for me and my 3 kids. They have baths every night. I haven't experienced any hot water shortage. Temperature seems to be perfect, even after a big wash. Show details ·  1
Rebecca
RebeccaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic product

Our hot water service died unexpectedly in the middle of the night after around 12yrs of moderate usage. I needed the service to be replaced ASAP but that wasn't possible as it was Friday morning.

I went through Bunnings and was able to order the DUX Prodigy 4 hot water unit direct from them with same day installation by a local plumber, and was able to pay for it over the phone, cheaper than anywhere else. Free delivery of the unit too. I had to wait until Monday for the delivery and installation but it all went ahead, hiccup free. Great service and excellent product. Show details ·  1

Rachel
RachelSydney, NSW
  Fair Incentive 135ZL

Hot Water Replacement

Our new Dux hot water system was installed in December & from the moment it was installed, I’ve been so happy with it. The Install went smooth & the installer was on time & very polite Show details ·  1
JLK
JLKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hot water replacement

Installation was quick and easy!
Hot water is HOT and is enough for a family of 5...
We were quoted $3100 by another plumber... instead we paid $1300... very very happy customers!! Show details ·  1
shane
shane2 posts

Crap heater

I would not buy A dux ever again and have advised everyone I know how poor these are and when it comes to after sale service don't bother cause they are not interested. Stay away from DUX it lasted 1 year and it has had problems ever since pay a bit extra and get a Rinnai.

big woody
big woody2 posts

Luke warm water

units was installed 2 years 4 months ago, so it is out of warranty.Gas keeps going out having to relight approx 2-3 times per day. It replaced an 18yo dux system that never gave any issues but packed it in finally. Replaced with the 135l prodigy system. Gas goes out all the time and their service agent tells me these systems are very poor quality. Another agent tells me he can modify to give no issues so I'm going with that option to save $2460 (modify is $90 + call out)

Vin
VinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC24 posts

Crack in the tank within 4 years

We had the Dux Prodigy 4 for 4 years before the tank started to leak. Contacted Dux who organised a plumber from Cavana Hot Water systems to inspect.

The plumber who attended said the tanks split at the bottom joint and it is a common manufacturing issue.

Dux organised a warranty replacement but I had to pay for the install which was around $800 which I felt was very expensive.

Retrospectively, I could have spent an extra $200 and purchased a brand new unit from another manufacturer with a full warranty. Lesson learnt I guess!

My experience, with customer service teams of Dux and Cavana, was terrible.

Keep away from them, if you can. Poor product quality + Poor customer service