Dux Prodigy 4 170ZB4N/170ZB4P (170L)

See the Best Gas Hot Water Storage Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dux

4.9
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (16)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Maggie
MaggieSydney, NSW

Good brand

Our old Dux was there 19 years ago before we moved in. Finally gives us problems now. We replaced with Dux prodigy 4. Hope will last for another 20 years ;-)

Purchased in September 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,710.00.

Arvind
ArvindGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dux hot water system

This hot water system is amazing. Ever since we have installed it at our property we have never run out of hot water. I love it. I highly recommend it.

Purchased in June 2021 for $1,443.00.

Lou
LouGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This unit replaces previous Long lasting DUX. Larger unit to avoid Hot water Squabbles and I like continuous renewal so no waiting time. Cold to hot water change seems faster.

Purchased in May 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $1,477.00.

Noise Level
Sam
Sam

Great & reliable hot water unit

I bought this Dux hot water unit as replacement for my old one that kept going for years and years with no issues. My excellent experience with my previous Dux hot water unit was a major factor to buy this new unit. Not to forgot the affordability, friendly and fast customer service. 5 stars in every aspect.

Purchased in March 2021.

Gas Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Dux Prodigy 4 170ZB4N/170ZB4P (170L) compares to other Gas Hot Water Storage Systems

Leonie
LeonieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great product, Really Great Service

Our old HWS died and we ordered a replacement from Bunnings. We were then surprised when Dux contacted us to check the new one wasn't because we had issues with another Dux HWS they had installed the previous year. (A previous renovation meant we have 2 HWS units).
Both units are working well (which is why we went with Dux again the second time) - We even had the same installer!

Purchased in March 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Noise Level

MICHAEL DENING
MICHAEL DENINGGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great system perfect replacement for our old Prodigy 3

Great replacement hot water unit after our Prodigy 3 packed it in after 10 years Really happy with after sales service and the installation was without drama very Happy Customer and glad to be enjoying hot water again

Purchased in December 2020.

Mike S.
Mike S.Canberra 2600, ACT

Excellent warranty service

Great warranty service from Dux after I contacted the Head Office warranty support team about leaks in my 5 year old Dux Prodigy 5 unit. After an arranged inspection by their helpful Canberra representative (from Greaney & Sweeney), Dux agreed to replace the old unit with a new Prodigy 4. Noting some of the pilot light problems with the Prodigy 5 I was happy to agree to the Prodigy 4. A few days after Dux approved the replacement, the installer from Greaney & Sweeney, Matt, was very professional, friendly and helpful. I'll post a follow up performance comment on the Prodigy 4 in the coming months especially as we have more cold nights and early mornings ahead of us in Canberra!

Purchased in August 2020.

Dux C.Dux

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Jess
JessGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This unit is perfect for me!

More than happy with the unit, it heats up quickly, very efficient, looks good & fits in the space provided Perfectly! I will recommend it to my friends & family! 5 stars for me!!

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Rainier S.
Rainier S.

This prodigy 4 is far better than my old prodigy 3, never run out of hot water even all the taps are open.

when you turn on the tap it takes only a few seconds to have hot water, the improved burner really works well. I'll recommend this product to all my friends.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings for $1,676.00.

Ann
AnnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dux a very reliable unit

Dux Prodigy a great hot water service always plenty of hot water a extremely reliable unit.

My old Dux lasted 27 years I never had a problem a very reliable unit.

Purchased in March 2018 at Bunnings for $1,328.00.

UTPAL
UTPALMelbourne

Perfect unit and installation to go with it

So the existing water heater started leaking after approx. 10 years of use and had to replace with the new DUX Prodigy 4 unit, the unit price was reasonable and the installation quote was super competitive by Same Day Hot water service and the entire experience great, with everything sorted out within 5 hrs from the first call to the hot water flowing through the tap.

Purchased in April 2020 at Same Day Hot Water Service Retail for $1,245.00.

Niko
NikoSydney, NSW

This is perfect for my families demand

I’ve recently bought and installed a new dux system as my older dux system of 15 years was due for a change as it ended with a water leak that somewhere inside that had to replace the whole unit. So far with this new unit there has been no issues and it has coped with the demand so far. Hope it will for the same amount of time or more hopefully. The installation was very professional.

Purchased in April 2020.

Sean L.
Sean L.Sydney, NSW

works out of the box

I was about to replace my Rheem hot water system and was recommended this one with 2/3 of the Rheem price. 6 people dwelled house, with this model, everything works like a charm.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,676.00.

Alex
AlexGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great unit, good value!

My old unit is 2008 model,it has been leaking for a while,we ordered 170ltr 4star unit through Bunnings one month ago who arranged the installation ,plumber did a good ,the new unit is more efficient and energy saving,I am very happy, I will recommend to others.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,445.00.

Very happy

I had the same unit 16 years went to Bunnings orders a new one at 10am it was supplied and installed by 3.30 pm same day I can recommend as Im very happy with it

Dux H.Dux