Part of Dux Prodigy 4 4.5

Heating Speed

Nicholas
NicholasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Perfect gas water heater

Upgraded our last Dux Prodigy 120 litre unit with 170 litre unit.
Extremely happy with the upgraded unit which operates extremely well and will give us more hot water if required. Full marks to DUX for marketing such efficient gas water heating model. Show details ·  2
esp
espMelbourne54 posts
  Verified 170ZB4N/170ZB4P

As ordered

Did the research & am very happy with purchase. Water heats quickly & our family of 4 have not run out yet. Feet on the bottom of the unit sit a bit lower than our previous unit, so we had to get a new concrete base. Good price & really good service from the Bunnings Special Order desk. Unit installed 2 days after late night order. Our previous unit lasted 22 years, so here’s hoping. Show details ·  1
Jmck
JmckGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  170ZB4N/170ZB4P

Just installed and working perfectly

Bought and installed by Bunnings all done over the phone in 2 days.
Was bought to replace an old 15 year old Dux where pilot light keeps going out. Hoping this will one will last just as long.
Only thing that the installer didn't do was release the relief valve as it was making scary sounds when I turned on the hot water tap, but called him and talked me through on how to release the relief valve.
So far, it's ok. Show details ·  1
Richard P.Sydney, NSW2 posts
JoJo
JoJo3 posts
  170ZB4N/170ZB4P

Hot showers for everyone!

We had hot water within 3 hours of installation and so far have had no issues even when all of the family indulged in an extra long shower after being without hot water for 3 days Show details ·  1
Ross
RossGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic product and service

I bought this unit through Bunnings. Both Bunnings and Dux worked well together to ensure our old system was replaced within 48 hours. The Dux system is fantastic and copes with the demands of our large family. Show details ·  1
Kevin
Kevin
  Verified 170ZB4N/170ZB4P

Better than I expected

Their are many reasons to choose dux hot water system, it’s made here in Australia, and one of the best product in the country by far, and Bunnings being Authorised dealer for dux that’s says a lot about the product, I am happy from the choice I made, thank you dux and thank you Bunnings for sending me a plumber to install who was a real gentleman. Show details ·  1
Maggie
MaggieSydney, NSW

Good brand

Our old Dux was there 19 years ago before we moved in. Finally gives us problems now. We replaced with Dux prodigy 4. Hope will last for another 20 years ;-) Show details ·  1
Arvind
ArvindGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Dux hot water system

This hot water system is amazing. Ever since we have installed it at our property we have never run out of hot water. I love it. I highly recommend it. Show details ·  1
Lou
LouGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts
  170ZB4N/170ZB4P

This unit replaces previous Long lasting DUX. Larger unit to avoid Hot water Squabbles and I like continuous renewal so no waiting time. Cold to hot water change seems faster.  Show details ·  1
Noise Level
Sam
Sam3 posts
  Fair Incentive 170ZB4N/170ZB4P

Great & reliable hot water unit

I bought this Dux hot water unit as replacement for my old one that kept going for years and years with no issues. My excellent experience with my previous Dux hot water unit was a major factor to buy this new unit. Not to forgot the affordability, friendly and fast customer service. 5 stars in every aspect.  Show details ·  1
Leonie
LeonieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Great product, Really Great Service

Our old HWS died and we ordered a replacement from Bunnings. We were then surprised when Dux contacted us to check the new one wasn't because we had issues with another Dux HWS they had installed the previous year. (A previous renovation meant we have 2 HWS units).
Both units are working well (which is why we went with Dux again the second time) - We even had the same installer! Show details ·  1
MICHAEL DENING
MICHAEL DENINGGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Great system perfect replacement for our old Prodigy 3

Great replacement hot water unit after our Prodigy 3 packed it in after 10 years Really happy with after sales service and the installation was without drama very Happy Customer and glad to be enjoying hot water again  Show details ·  1
Mike S.
Mike S.Canberra 2600, ACT15 posts

Excellent warranty service

Great warranty service from Dux after I contacted the Head Office warranty support team about leaks in my 5 year old Dux Prodigy 5 unit. After an arranged inspection by their helpful Canberra representative (from Greaney & Sweeney), Dux agreed to replace the old unit with a new Prodigy 4. Noting some of the pilot light problems with the Prodigy 5 I was happy to agree to the Prodigy 4. A few days after Dux approved the replacement, the installer from Greaney & Sweeney, Matt, was very professional, friendly and helpful. I'll post a follow up performance comment on the Prodigy 4 in the coming months especially as we have more cold nights and early mornings ahead of us in Canberra! Show details ·  1

ptk
ptk · Prodigy 4 170ZB4N/170ZB4P (170L)

170ZB4N - less than 4 years old since install.
I have noticed our dishwasher dishes/glasses etc - have an eggy smell and no matter how many times I clean it, it contunues - to the point of I now wash by hand, thats when I noticed my sink dishwater also had the eggy smell and it appears to be from the hot water (cold water no egg smell at all) ...therefore it appears the hot water tank is causing this stench.....what do we need to fix to eliminate this from occuring again please.

Dux

Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL
Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL3.2
Dux Prodigy 4 170ZN
Dux Prodigy 4 170ZN3.3
CategoryGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage Systems
Release date
Replaced byDux Prodigy 4 135ZB4N/135ZB4P (135L)
Awards 2022, 2023 and 20242022, 2023 and 20242022, 2023 and 20242022, 2023 and 2024

Extra Information