Dux Prodigy 4

Dux Prodigy 4 (page 2 of 6)

135ZB4N/135ZB4P (135L), 170ZB4N/170ZB4P (170L), 135ZL, etc...
See the Best Gas Hot Water Storage Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dux

4.4
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (96)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Good experience

Replaced the old unit with the new one! At first, I bought the wrong one, the plumber came in and helped me to order the right one! Only the next day, , the new unit was delivered and installed! Good product plus excellent staff!

Dux C.Dux

Dux hot water broken after 6 month. Dux refuse to fix!!! do not BUY DUX.

I bought a DUX gas storage hot water system. It stopped working and started making a terrible whistling sound. My neighbour was disappointed due to noise and almost called the police. When I called DUX they refuse to fix it. DUX say over the phone without visiting the site that the problem water pressure and there is nothing they can do about it. A hot water system is supposed to last 8 years my one broken after 6 months. DUX refuse to fix it. Do not buy DUX. DUX look good value at bunnings but do not let DUX fool you like me.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,200.00.

James M.
James M.
Jen
Jen

Replaced a Dux twenty-five year old unit - very happy- installation quick and professional. Was installed within 2 days. We would recommend this product and the Bunnings installation process to anyone.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,326.00.

Fab
FabSydney, NSW

Great!

Replaced the tired hot water unit with the Prodigy 4, the install was quick and the hot water is perfect for our six adult family.Great value for money. Highly recomended.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Bruce M
Bruce MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good product with fast, efficient & friendly service

This Dux Prodigy replaced a similar model, which worked efficiently & effectively for over 21 years, and we are hopeful of getting another 20+ years from this new & improved model. After comparing costs with other options, it also proved a great value for money option. We purchased it from Bunnings, and they also arranged installation & delivery for an all inclusive price. The installer arrived promptly and was very professional and courteous. Whilst early days still, it works very well.

Purchased in December 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $1,380.00.

Nitin G.
Nitin G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Product and Service from DUX/Bunnings

I bought a property which came with Dux Proflow III and it was installed in the year 2003 and was running gracefully since then. After successful 18 years of service it retired and the decision was easy to replace it with the same Dux model but advanced one Prodigy 4. As expected, the delivery and installation service from Bunnings/Dux was prompt and so professionally completed that it deserves a 5 star rating.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,260.00.

Helen Li
Helen LiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Reliable Unit

We installed this unit one month ago, bought it from Bunnings and happy with it. The last unit is the same brand, which was there when we moved in. Its tank was leaking and it is up to 20 years since the year made. So we called for same unit as replacement.

Purchased in December 2020.

Dux C.Dux

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Mick
Mick Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Australian made unit

Our old hot water unit decided to go on a one way holiday , so we when to Bunning to find a replacement unit , we decided on Dux because it was Australian made .
Had the unit now for about 3 week and with a family of 4 adults and an infant , we have had plenty of hot water and everyone is happy .

Hock Toh
Hock TohPerth, WA

Great product as usual.

We bought this unit from Bunnings and installed it last month, very happy with the product and the installation service by their contractor. Our old unit was also a DUX which last us 18 years, that's why we replaced it with the same brand without any doubt.

Victor
VictorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dux The Perfect Hot Water Heater

1) Aussie Call Center best response ever from Susie
2) The replacement was organized for the following day (Fantastic)
3) The water heater is reliable never runs out of hot water
4) Storage water heaters don't need Electricity and you dont wait for hot water unlike the continuous flow
5) I went outside today and gave Dux water heater a hug

Ian S.
Ian S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Totally in a new world with this new hot water system.

With four people using the new hot water system no one has complained about not having a long hot shower or bath. Not one complaint about the temperature fluctuation.Thanks Dux.

Purchased in December 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $972.00.

MICHAEL DENING
MICHAEL DENINGGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great system perfect replacement for our old Prodigy 3

Great replacement hot water unit after our Prodigy 3 packed it in after 10 years Really happy with after sales service and the installation was without drama very Happy Customer and glad to be enjoying hot water again

Purchased in December 2020.

Chris D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fails 1 month after warranty finishes and Dux could not care less

Hot water service decided to explode from the top 27 days past the "warranty" period. Contacted Dux thinking they might have some half decent customer service however found the lady on the phone basically telling me bad luck out of warranty nothing we can do. Quality service that your units aren't exactly cheap and yet just after warranty it fails!!!!

Purchased in October 2013.

Chris D.

Sent you the info but still haven’t heard anything back in more then 10 days now

Devon
DevonSydney, NSW

Reliable and Trustworthy

Had an old Dux Proflo which lasted up to 20 years when it began leaking. Tried to search for a new unit as soon as possible and Dux was the only company that were easily accessible (alongside organised service through Bunnings), so it was decided to stick with the same brand.

The installation of the unit was quick and efficient. There are no regrets so far as everything works fine and it is quick and easy to get constant hot water. Great value and product, especially with the time and hassle saved by Bunnings organising installation for Dux products.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $878.00.

ERaimondo
ERaimondoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very reliable hot water heater

We replaced our Dux Proflo which we had for almost 20 years with a Prodigy 4, so far it’s been very good,4 Adults and we don’t run out of hot water.
In our experience Dux are a long lasting and reliable hot water heater.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Online Store for $899.00.

Lurch16Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Replaced old Dux with new Dux

15yr old gas Dux 135L replaced with same. Old unit was leaking slowly but still functioning. Ordered through Bunny’s and their independent plumber and installed next day as arranged. In-store price of unit alone $854. Learned that the corrosion protecting anode could have been replaced at about 5 yrs. for longer life. Had no issues with old Dux which is why I chose Dux again. Aways had plenty of constant hot water and never had to have repairs or attention to the pilot light.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $1,240.00.

Lurch16

Everything seems to be working as expected

No issues at this point in time; it is meeting my expectations based on older Dux heater. Trust it will give the same service as previous model which gave reliable service for many years.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

kezz
kezzVictoria, 3028

Great except for pilot light

This unit performs well, providing good hot water service to 4 adults. On the rare occasion that the water storage runs out it reheats reasonably quickly.

My one complaint is that the pilot light blows out frequently. To combat this we tape the door shut to prevent the wind disturbing it.

Compounding this the lighting unit has had to be replaced at least twice, and will probably be replaced a third time tomorrow. Although the first failure was covered by warranty, the second wasn't and we are averaging one replacement a year.
It's almost impossible to light the pilot manually. This is inconvenient and expensive and while the unit otherwise functions very well I wouldn't buy it again for this reason.

Purchased in June 2018.

Excellent Product - Professional Installation

My old unit was a dux, it worked brilliantly for 20yrs! The new dux is also
- extremely efficient
- amazing value
- quiet
- provides constant hot water
The entire process from quote to installation was so professional and prompt.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $1,528.00.

Happy Customer
Happy CustomerPerth, WA

Excellent Product / Quick Changeover

Excellent capacity for my household needs. The hot water comes through quickly with no wastage. The changeover from my 18 year old DUX Proflo was organised through Bunnings. Outstanding Service!

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,562.00.

Scott D.
Scott D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great value for money system

Our previous 20yo Dux hot water system finally died and we needed to replace it urgently. We went through Bunnings and decided on the larger 135ltr Dux. It does everything you expect from a quality product and was installed within 24 hrs of our other one dying. Excellent product and service from Bunnings.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Rita
RitaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Dux Product and Fantastic Service

I brought the product from Bunnings with installation and couldn't fault the whole process, my last Hot Water System was also a Dux and lasted almost 20 years...Fantastic product and works a treat. This is one happy customer

Household Size 3 person(s)
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

Sarjit
SarjitSydney, NSW

Love my new Dux Protegy 4 135ZB4N/135ZB4P

I don't have any issues with temperature fluctuations. There are only 2 users in the houshold. This DUX unit works perfectly for us. I am happy to recommend tit to anyone.

Purchased in July 2020 at Rouse Hill for $933.00.

Janet
JanetSouthwest, VIC

Extremely happy with my purchase.

I recently replaced my old Dux with a new Dux Prodigy 4 135L. I could not be happier with the service I received from Bunnings, where I purchased the unit and the same applies to the Serviceman that delivered and installed the new unit they were very prompt and the serviceman was courteous and efficient. Everything is working beautifully and if I get the same from this unit as I did my last Dux unit which was 17years old, I will be ecstatic.

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,338.00.

Mike S.
Mike S.Canberra 2600, ACT

Excellent warranty service

Great warranty service from Dux after I contacted the Head Office warranty support team about leaks in my 5 year old Dux Prodigy 5 unit. After an arranged inspection by their helpful Canberra representative (from Greaney & Sweeney), Dux agreed to replace the old unit with a new Prodigy 4. Noting some of the pilot light problems with the Prodigy 5 I was happy to agree to the Prodigy 4. A few days after Dux approved the replacement, the installer from Greaney & Sweeney, Matt, was very professional, friendly and helpful. I'll post a follow up performance comment on the Prodigy 4 in the coming months especially as we have more cold nights and early mornings ahead of us in Canberra!

Purchased in August 2020.