Dux Prodigy 4
See the Best Gas Hot Water Storage Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dux

4.4
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (1)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
kezz
kezzVictoria, 3028

Great except for pilot light

This unit performs well, providing good hot water service to 4 adults. On the rare occasion that the water storage runs out it reheats reasonably quickly.

My one complaint is that the pilot light blows out frequently. To combat this we tape the door shut to prevent the wind disturbing it.

Compounding this the lighting unit has had to be replaced at least twice, and will probably be replaced a third time tomorrow. Although the first failure was covered by warranty, the second wasn't and we are averaging one replacement a year.
It's almost impossible to light the pilot manually. This is inconvenient and expensive and while the unit otherwise functions very well I wouldn't buy it again for this reason.

Purchased in June 2018.

Andrew W.asked
Prodigy 4

My Prodigy 4 gas water heater is about 15 months old. Few weeks ago I noticed each time I open or close water tap a loud bang coming out from the heater. Definitely it is coming out from the heater and not from water pipe. Is the banging indicate any fault within the heater? Will hammer silencer installed outside the heater solve the problem or the heater should be inspect by a technician?
The model number is 135ZB4N.
I will appreciate your advise.
Kind regards Andrew

Hi Andrew,

We would like to resolve this issue as soon as we can.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, address where the unit is installed and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Regards,

Andrew W.

Hi Did Team. Thank you for your prompt response.
My name is Andrew Wilczynski
Products review name Andrew W.
Contact number 0492888499
installation address 31 pridham street, maribyrnong, victoria.
Serial number 2002274500H
Kind regards
Andrew

Daniel G.
Daniel G.asked
Prodigy 4

Hay my prodigy 4 is about 4 years old and has a couple of faults, in fact when I went to light it to night, something went wrong and a huge burst of flames got my face and burnt off some of my hair and half my beard. Has this ever happened before???? And should I replace or try repair it thanks. Dan. !!!!!

Hi Daniel,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

Best Regards,

Irena M.asked
Prodigy 4

My Dux 135 l works fine until you turn it to 5 or 6 then it turns itself off? Why?

Hi Irena,

We are genuinely sorry this happened.

We have received your email about this issue together with the product details and your details as well.

I believed one of our staff already contacted you and warranty job has been raised. Please do let us know via email to help@dux.com.au after the agent attended the site and when the job is complete.

Regards,

Irena M.

Yes, it's been sorted now, thank you, great customer service :)

Hi Irena,

Thanks for being patient to us and we're glad we were able to resolve the issue for you.

Best Regards,

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

Dux Prodigy 4

Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL
  • Discontinued

Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL

3.2
CategoryGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage Systems
Release dateApr 2008Apr 2008
Replaced byDux Prodigy 4 135ZB4N/135ZB4P (135L)
Compare all 5 Dux Prodigy 4