Dux Prodigy 4
See the Best Gas Hot Water Storage Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dux

4.4
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (8)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
snow leopardMELBOURNE

Hassle free installation, but...

Bought this unit to replace my old Dux water storage unit at Bunnings and had it installed a week later by Cavana Plumbing on 21 May. All good and hassle free. However, I had to chase up the certificate of compliance via Dux, then Bunnings. Why can't Cavana issue compliance certificate on the spot?

Purchased in May 2021.

snow leopard

Hi, I called and got the certificate from Bunnings last week.

Kind regards
George

This is a great hot water unit.

It was installed well. The installer was friendly and helpful. They were on time and called before arriving. The hot water was wonderful and heated quickly. The unit was ver efficient.

Purchased in April 2021 for $1,500.00.

nihon
nihonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent product

I had this product last couple of year and recently changed new one because product has good quality of heating system, continuous hot water flow, gas saver, economical. The installation service was one time , lady on customer service help me saved my$50 on product as it was overcharged from warehouse. Hot water running smoothly now .

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $847.00.

IVGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great system, great service

I've had the system for 2 weeks now - 135L Prodigy. I bought it through Bunnings and installation was through Dux. The installer was very punctual and reliable. He installed the system, took away the old one in one hour. The system is great.
But I haven't got my Compliance Certificate yet from Dux, the installer said it would be sent to me. It's 2 weeks and I'm still waiting. I'm not sure when I will get it. The office told me I would get it a couple of days after my installation (ie nearly 2 weeks ago).
This is my first Dux system, and the second hot water system I've ever bought. (My first one was Vulcan hot water system, it lasted 24.5 years).

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $842.00.

IV

Hi, thank you for replying. I will do that.

Julian R
Julian RGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Three weeks in.. is this a record !

Why would you ask for a review this early, apart from evaluating the installers. How hard can this be ?
I'll let you know when it fails, in or out of warranty. You will hear from me !!

Dux C.Dux

Thanks for the feedback Julian.

flash
flash

Installed 2 days after order & works fine

We ordered this through Bunnings who arranged the installation. 2 days later it was installed. It's been running well, plenty of hot water - as good as the Rheem it replaced, when it was its prime.

Purchased in August 2019.

Joseph BernardGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It is an economical unit to cope with low demand

I am satisfied with the flow of water. Earlier I had a similar unit and it was satisfactory. The only concern is when the fault was in the PTC valve, and when I contacted service personnel they were not keen on replacing the faulty items and recommended it to e replaced with a new unit.

Joseph Bernard

My contact no 0415585222. The unit is installed at Unit 21. 39 Astley Crescent, Point Cook. S/N of unit installed 19071745100H

Dux C.Dux

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Kevin
KevinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I’m happy with Dux hws so far. It’s been only few weeks since I start using it

I have 3 people living at premises and we use hot water for kitchen and bathroom constantly. This hot water system fitted two weeks ago and it’s working in excellent condition so far. I haven’t been using dux HWS previously so I have less knowledge about this system.
I would like to mention it’s working perfect so far and Im happy with dux professional service provided
I haven’t notice any temperature fluctuations so far

Purchased in May 2019 for $1,266.00.

ZDL
ZDL

Reliable unit

we installed this unit for a few months now, bought it from Bunnings very happy with it, hot water is running steady hot and strong, the old unit was also a DUX which last me almost 20 years that why we replaced with the same brand.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $866.00.

Noise Level

Denis Ryan
Denis RyanSouthwest, VIC

I am quite happy with the unit

The water was hot from the beginning. There has not been any leakage at all. The unit has also met my requirements well even when l have had visitors stay over for a couple of nights. That has been one visitor.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Trevor P
Trevor PSouthwest, VIC

Great product great price great service

Replaced our 14 year old Dux with Prodigy 4 as the new unit was the same size installation was easy plumber was on site only 30 minutes . The unit serves our household of 3 adults and a 3 year old with ease.We used Bunnings with buy / install deal , and nothing could be easier, installer was great and the change over was done in 3 days (old unit was still working) We have never run out of hot water and have no problems if other taps in house are used when showering.The unit has now been working for over 12 month without any problems, hope it lasts as long as the last one.

Purchased in March 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $825.00.

Noise Level
JLK
JLKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hot water replacement

Installation was quick and easy!
Hot water is HOT and is enough for a family of 5...
We were quoted $3100 by another plumber... instead we paid $1300... very very happy customers!!

Purchased in January 2019.

Find out how Dux Prodigy 4 compares to other Gas Hot Water Storage Systems

Very happy with our water heating system

We had a Dux unit for over 10 years, I think about 13-14 years. We never had a problem with it and when he had to replace it we got the same Dux water heating system in an updated version. Very happy with our hot water heating system for the moment and I hope we will in the future too.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Dux H.Dux

Andrew W.asked
Prodigy 4

My Prodigy 4 gas water heater is about 15 months old. Few weeks ago I noticed each time I open or close water tap a loud bang coming out from the heater. Definitely it is coming out from the heater and not from water pipe. Is the banging indicate any fault within the heater? Will hammer silencer installed outside the heater solve the problem or the heater should be inspect by a technician?
The model number is 135ZB4N.
I will appreciate your advise.
Kind regards Andrew

Hi Andrew,

We would like to resolve this issue as soon as we can.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, address where the unit is installed and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Regards,

Andrew W.

Hi Did Team. Thank you for your prompt response.
My name is Andrew Wilczynski
Products review name Andrew W.
Contact number 0492888499
installation address 31 pridham street, maribyrnong, victoria.
Serial number 2002274500H
Kind regards
Andrew

Daniel G.
Daniel G.asked
Prodigy 4

Hay my prodigy 4 is about 4 years old and has a couple of faults, in fact when I went to light it to night, something went wrong and a huge burst of flames got my face and burnt off some of my hair and half my beard. Has this ever happened before???? And should I replace or try repair it thanks. Dan. !!!!!

Hi Daniel,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

Best Regards,

Irena M.asked
Prodigy 4

My Dux 135 l works fine until you turn it to 5 or 6 then it turns itself off? Why?

Hi Irena,

We are genuinely sorry this happened.

We have received your email about this issue together with the product details and your details as well.

I believed one of our staff already contacted you and warranty job has been raised. Please do let us know via email to help@dux.com.au after the agent attended the site and when the job is complete.

Regards,

Irena M.

Yes, it's been sorted now, thank you, great customer service :)

Hi Irena,

Thanks for being patient to us and we're glad we were able to resolve the issue for you.

Best Regards,

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

Dux Prodigy 4

Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL
  • Discontinued

Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL

3.2
CategoryGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage Systems
Release dateApr 2008Apr 2008
Replaced byDux Prodigy 4 135ZB4N/135ZB4P (135L)
Compare all 5 Dux Prodigy 4