Dux Prodigy 4
See the Best Gas Hot Water Storage Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dux

4.4
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (85)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Marilyn
MarilynSydney, NSW

So good to have hot water

We have had only Dux water heaters in our home. When it had to be updated it was quick and professional. Bunnings installed it quickly and safely. Also installed with covid safe installer.

Purchased in July 2021.

New for Old

I recently needed to replace the old Dux gas hot water storage unit as the pilot light would not stay lit. It has functioned quite well for 21+ years :). I have replaced it with the same capacity unit (135 litre) which is the same size and therefore was able to use the existing connections. I am using a lower setting on the new unit to achieve the same hot water temperature as before, wonderful thus far.

Purchased in September 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $1,404.00.

Maggie
MaggieSydney, NSW

Good brand

Our old Dux was there 19 years ago before we moved in. Finally gives us problems now. We replaced with Dux prodigy 4. Hope will last for another 20 years ;-)

Purchased in September 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,710.00.

Dux C.Dux

Our last Dux system lasted for 18+ years. For that reason we choose to replace with DUX PRODIGY 4 135Lts.

Staff and the Installer are very helpful and professional.

Thankyou DUX

Hope I have the same positive feeling towards DUX through out the life of the system

Purchased in September 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,891.00.

Andrew W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very Happy customer - 18 months old installation repair under warranty.

Purchased in March 2010 for $990.00.

Dux C.Dux

Continious flow and the best value

Very happy with the unit was excellent and endless hot water supply. Service and installation was through bunnings was excellent no fuss and clean they can supply and install the similar one with other brand. Very recomended and value

Purchased in June 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Mick
MickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dux is the dux of Hot Water systems

This Dux Prodigy 4 is one of 4 other Dux hot water system I have had installed over three separate properties over 22 years. All provide excellent Hot water when required.

Purchased in August 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $994.00.

Dux C.Dux

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Happy customer

I bought this Dux hot water unit as replacement for my old one installed 2004. I had no problems with the previous unit so it was an easy decision to replace with the same DUX product. Great customer service from Bunnings staff, great service from installers and hot water running in no time! Happy customer!

Purchased in July 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Anthony B.
Anthony B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love my dux !!

Bought a new dux hot water system through bunnings to replace my 17yo system. They came to replace it in a timely manner considering i booked it on the weekend. Really happy with Dux service repair and great communication too throughout the period. Highly recommend their product line ! Loving my warm showers now :)

Purchased in June 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

MoTown
MoTownMelbourne

First one lasted 17 years, replaced with same but more efficient version

Our house was built in 2003 and came with a Dux 135L 3 star hot water system. After 17 years it started leaking so replaced it with an identical but more efficient 4 star system last year in 2020. Was happy to go with a Dux again due to many years of uninterrupted service from the original system. Fast forward a year into 2021 and no issues with the new 4 star system. As a bonus, our gas usage has actually gone down over the last year.

Purchased in June 2020.

Arvind
ArvindGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dux hot water system

This hot water system is amazing. Ever since we have installed it at our property we have never run out of hot water. I love it. I highly recommend it.

Purchased in June 2021 for $1,443.00.

Lou
LouGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy customer

Dux and Bunnings were Extremely helpful and arranged a Saturday installation. I replaced the old Dux with a bigger one, Happy knowing it will last for many years to come.

Purchased in May 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Unlimited hot water

Bought the Dux Prodigy from Bunnings.The installer from Dux was very efficient cleaned up afterwards and I now have unlimited hot water .So nice bit bigger than my last system took away the old one also.Bunnings and Dux very easy to deal with and very knowledgeable. No problems at all with flowing hot water

Purchased in April 2021 for $900.00.

Lou
LouGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This unit replaces previous Long lasting DUX. Larger unit to avoid Hot water Squabbles and I like continuous renewal so no waiting time. Cold to hot water change seems faster.

Purchased in May 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $1,477.00.

Noise Level
Sam
Sam

Great & reliable hot water unit

I bought this Dux hot water unit as replacement for my old one that kept going for years and years with no issues. My excellent experience with my previous Dux hot water unit was a major factor to buy this new unit. Not to forgot the affordability, friendly and fast customer service. 5 stars in every aspect.

Purchased in March 2021.

Andrew W.asked
Prodigy 4

My Prodigy 4 gas water heater is about 15 months old. Few weeks ago I noticed each time I open or close water tap a loud bang coming out from the heater. Definitely it is coming out from the heater and not from water pipe. Is the banging indicate any fault within the heater? Will hammer silencer installed outside the heater solve the problem or the heater should be inspect by a technician?
The model number is 135ZB4N.
I will appreciate your advise.
Kind regards Andrew

Hi Andrew,

We would like to resolve this issue as soon as we can.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, address where the unit is installed and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Regards,

Andrew W.

Hi Did Team. Thank you for your prompt response.
My name is Andrew Wilczynski
Products review name Andrew W.
Contact number 0492888499
installation address 31 pridham street, maribyrnong, victoria.
Serial number 2002274500H
Kind regards
Andrew

Daniel G.
Daniel G.asked
Prodigy 4

Hay my prodigy 4 is about 4 years old and has a couple of faults, in fact when I went to light it to night, something went wrong and a huge burst of flames got my face and burnt off some of my hair and half my beard. Has this ever happened before???? And should I replace or try repair it thanks. Dan. !!!!!

Hi Daniel,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

Best Regards,

Irena M.asked
Prodigy 4

My Dux 135 l works fine until you turn it to 5 or 6 then it turns itself off? Why?

Hi Irena,

We are genuinely sorry this happened.

We have received your email about this issue together with the product details and your details as well.

I believed one of our staff already contacted you and warranty job has been raised. Please do let us know via email to help@dux.com.au after the agent attended the site and when the job is complete.

Regards,

Irena M.

Yes, it's been sorted now, thank you, great customer service :)

Hi Irena,

Thanks for being patient to us and we're glad we were able to resolve the issue for you.

Best Regards,

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

Dux Prodigy 4

Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL
  • Discontinued

Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL

3.2
CategoryGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage Systems
Release dateApr 2008Apr 2008
Replaced byDux Prodigy 4 135ZB4N/135ZB4P (135L)
Compare all 5 Dux Prodigy 4