Dux Proflo 315S1 (315L)

Dux Proflo 315S1 (315L)

Very happy

The product is working excellent from the start. No issues. The water flow and temperature don't change while in use. The most extraordinary service at installation. The person knew about the product, explained everything and was able to answer any further questions. Ordering was also well organised. I can only recommend the product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Carla, Thanks for your positive feedback - much appreciated!! The Dux Team

best ever service and product

just recently had my old dux system replaced with a new one and had it installed via dux this was painless friendly and quick. I would recommend this option to anyone who listens they get rid of the old one and clean up everything is explained to you and you always feel in control bravo dux

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi George, Thanks for the positive feedback - much appreciated!! The Dux Team

Never had any issues

We have a 5 bedroom house (2 full bathroom & laundry) and have never had any issues with having enough hot water - no mean feat with 3 little kids! My Proflo has worked well for the last 7 years, and still going strong.
Its great to still be able to buy an Australian Made product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011
Hi Tamiee_d, Thanks for the positive feedback - much appreciated!! The Dux Team

14yrs No Drama

A family of 5,3 kid's over 10,Bought this system 14yrs ago in August when our daughter was born,It has begun to leak now but never had a problem with this,I recommend,My brother in-law bought an Ants pants system mae from Germany worth over 8 thousand dollars but no'one knows how to install it,DUX is a fine product.

Date PurchasedAug 2004
Hi Krusty, Thanks for the positive feedback - much appreciated!! Best Regards, The Dux TeamA good price on a new 322ltr Dux System would be great,I need to replace it very shortly,Cheer's,Krusty.Hi Krusty, Unfortunately, we don't sell direct to the public. If you are looking for another reliable 315 litre water heater, we suggest you check out out our 315T1 model. This has recently been updated with a larger anode and thicker Y class, commercial grade enamel lining and is backed by a 10 year tank warranty. These models are manufactured in our state of the art factory in Moss Vale, NSW. You can visit www.dux.com.au and enter you post code into the 'Find an installer' tool. These guys will be able to assist you with supply and installation. Thanks again for your support! The Dux Team

Had a good innings

Our 315L has just burst, spurting water through a small rupture at the top edge of the tank. This was installed by the previous owners 2006. There is no record of maintenance by previous owners and we have done nil over the past 5 years, being ignorant of the need to replace the anode every 4-5 years. This system has given us no problems in the 5 years we have been using it. I would say it has had a reasonable life of 12 years and now requires replacing. May have had a more extended life if maintenance had been performed.

Date PurchasedMar 2006

Leaking relief valve

Electricity bill went up by $700! Found relief valve had gone again. Unit is only 16 months old and this is the second one I have replaced. Last time I installed a new inlet pressure reducing valve as well as we have high water pressure in my area. Reading other reviews I take it that there is a design issue with this model. Merry Christmas

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Leaking tank

Have 315L unit installed 8 years ago. It is now leaking badly and was about to replace with same unit as I thought it would be simple. After reading the reviews listed on site I have decided to use another hot water system. Thanks for the heads up people as it is important to get the real story. As a matter of fact the 315 Rheem is $75.00 cheaper!

Date PurchasedJun 2009

Never Get Dux

I found a lot of people with the exact same problem. Pilot light will not stay on.
It clearly must be a manufactures fault if that many people are having the same problem. But to get that fixed it costs you over $500 and this unit was only 5 years old. EVER GET DUX!!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2011

Dux Pro Flo Electic hotwater

I have now had my hot water system replace about 3 months ago, it was great 14 years of good service , now I have had a Dux Pro Flo 315 litre installed (the old one was a 400 litre one) , all seems ok but with the NSW laws about kids getting burnt we had to have a special valve fitted to make it legal , but and a big but you lose your flow.
The system its self works fine, I didn't notice any savings with a smaller wattage unit which is a bit unfortunate.
Service was great the installers from DUX came at the right time and had the job finished in no time , when I called them up about the lower flow rate and they said it is a common complaint but they have to fit the valve or else they couldn't sing the system off as installed.
I rang a couple of plumbers and they said yes it does happen , but check your taps also they can be a problem.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Never again!

Only purchased this horrible hot water system 18 months ago and have had a problem with the valve twice already! Water leaks non stop. Went to Bunnings where we bought it from and the said to bring the valve before they could give a new one and today when went back there again with the valve the person I spoke to said that there's no replacement and to call dux and try come out and replace and fit it for free. So Called dux and they said that the 7 year warranty does not cover it and it's only one year for the valve. what a waste of money! paid all that money for something that has giving us headache twice already in the 18 months we've had it. No help at all!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Shattered

I bought a brand new DUX hot water system 18 months ago and it cost $1700 fully installed. Last week the unit stopped working, so my wife called the DUX service line, who didn't want to know her, because the warranty was only good for 12 months. We got the element replaced at out cost and it has lasted 4 days and the unit has already failed. So now less than a month from Christmas I am up for another new hot water system, which I can't afford. Absolutely shattered as it is going to be a very disappointing Christmas / school holidays for the kids.

Hi Brett, We would like to investigate further. Please email Dux on feedback@dux.com.au and give a brief description of the problem. Include your name, address and phone number so that we can contact you quickly. Please also include the 12 digit serial number of your hot water system. Please make note your reference number is PRW283. Thanks Dux After Sales

Exceesive waste flow after only 19 months.

I purchased a Dux Proflo 315S136, serial number 13013120171H which was installed in April 2013. It looks like it has only lasted 19 months before stuffing up. It appears very common on here. I would suggest you pass on this brand, if the best they can do is under 2 years, which is well short of it's expected life span, but out of warranty.

It appears a common fault, and they say some leakage out of the PRV is normal. I'm at 3.5 litres an hour. Lately the water temperature has been excessively hotter than normal.

Looks like I need a plumber, and to pay up and may need a new system. Very disappoint, and would never recommend them to anyone.

You yourself a favour and avoid DUX.

Hi Ash, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW177, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales. Well, I emailed the Dux after sales with the reference number as requested above, 10 days later and they can't reply to an email. Looks like their after sales is in line with their products. Do not buy a duxHi Ash, Dux Manufacturing Limited responded to your email 19 January 2015. I apologise that you have no received this email. Dux is now re-sending this email to you. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Excess water leakage

Dux Pro Flo 315S136 S/No 12111420023H, hot water leaking from pressure relief valve all the time. Initially 216 litres a week, had the pressure relief valve replaced and a pressure reduction valve installed at the meter, now only at the rate of 28 litres a day. the unit is now 17 months old.
Wat to do?

Hi Lindsay, The leak allowance for a pressure relief valve on a 315L hot water system is approximately 9.45L in a 24 hour period - depending on usage. Do you find your water excessively hot? Please contact Dux on feedback@dux.com.au to discuss further. Please use reference number PRW158. Thanks Dux After Sales I have turned the thermostat down thinking the temperature was too high, no change. The water temperature is quite low. In addition to this, I have turned the flow restricter at the meter down to a level that it takes ten minutes to fill the washing machine, showering is another matter.Reference No PRW158

DO NOT buy this water tank!!!

315S1 installed 28/03/13 (just out of warranty). We have just spent $470 to replace the pressure release valve which I gather is a common problem with this model after reading the reviews and to add a pressure limiting valve. We have lived here for 18 years and water pressure has never been a problem before. As outlet on side of house we hadn't noticed the continuous outflow of hot water for some time and assumed water running cold was due to overuse by the kids so next electricity bill will be horrendous. If you don't want to spend more than half the original purchase price within 16 months of installation DO NOT BY A DUX!!! Beware when they tell you this has a 7year warranty cause after 12 months nothing is covered unless tank explodes.

Inferior product not adequately covered by warranty.

Hi Cat Harris, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please contact us on 1300 365 115 - option 2 with reference number PRW118, or please email us at feedback@dux.com.au, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux Aftersales.

bad product

Unit works well in summer but in the colder months the water does not come out very hot. Had the company come out an check it twice with nofault found . Now stuck with a dodgy unit and to add salt to the wound the element burnt out in just over 2 years. Wouldnot recommend to anyone will never buy this brand again
cheap but not good quality
poor quality not reliable

Hi, We would like to investigate further. Please email Dux on feedback@dux.com.au and give a brief description of the problem. Include your name, address and phone number so that we can contact you quickly. Please also include the 12 digit serial number of your hot water system. Please make note your reference number is PRW093 . Thanks Dux After Sales.

Hi Current hot water system (Quantum) has split. 315L Electric lasted 6 years - out of warranty - apparently. I am after a 315L Electric Hot Water System that is going to last. Any suggestions of good quality hot waters systems would be appreciated? Thanks Kylie
We paid a little more for a Rheem. Stay clear of Dux.

How to replace a fuse in Dux?
No idea mate. Think you might need a sparky or plumber to do the fuse section.

Hi, I have bought a proflo 315L from Bunnings and it was installed by our plumber. There doesn't seem to be enough hot water for a family of 6, even though our previous water heater which was 250L seemed to have more than enough. What could the issue be?
We also bought from Bunnings and had the same issue for 2 years, luke warm water. When we called Dux after a year they refused to take responsibly for being faulty from the first day since it passed 1 year warranty time. It was installed with temp valve, we thought it was due to that or season change winter/summer etc.. Dux response was 315 liter is not sufficient for 4 people, but that's what we had before & it was sufficient?! After we got the element and the thermostat changed 3 weeks ago, now we have boiling hot water sufficient for shower and washing the dishes. ( & we didn't ask for their assistance this time) My advice: Avoid buying DUX electric water heaters, they are bad & their after service is even worse!!!

Compare all Dux Proflo