Dux Proflo 315S1 (315L)

Dux Proflo 315S1 (315L)

Fran

Franbrisbane

Hot water

Old Dux system lasted 14 + years so couldn't go past replacing with the same system. We have hot water again and without fear of running out! Here's to at least another 14 years with Dux

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,800.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 6 person(s)
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

Clemo

Clemo

Very reliable hotwater system

Have just installed our second Dux hotwater system. The first system lasted 12 years of heavy duty use and never let the family down. After checking out all the alternatives decided to go with Dux again due to their competitive prices and proven reliability. We ordered the new unit through Bunnings, who have a well organised arrangement with Dux. The whole replacement procedure was simple, efficient, completed professionally and all at a competitive price. Couldn't be happier!

Purchased in February 2019.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

Very happy

The product is working excellent from the start. No issues. The water flow and temperature don't change while in use. The most extraordinary service at installation. The person knew about the product, explained everything and was able to answer any further questions. Ordering was also well organised. I can only recommend the product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Dux H.Dux

best ever service and product

just recently had my old dux system replaced with a new one and had it installed via dux this was painless friendly and quick. I would recommend this option to anyone who listens they get rid of the old one and clean up everything is explained to you and you always feel in control bravo dux

Date PurchasedMay 2018

tamiee_d

tamiee_dSydney

Never had any issues

We have a 5 bedroom house (2 full bathroom & laundry) and have never had any issues with having enough hot water - no mean feat with 3 little kids! My Proflo has worked well for the last 7 years, and still going strong.
Its great to still be able to buy an Australian Made product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011

KrustySydney, NSW

14yrs No Drama

A family of 5,3 kid's over 10,Bought this system 14yrs ago in August when our daughter was born,It has begun to leak now but never had a problem with this,I recommend,My brother in-law bought an Ants pants system mae from Germany worth over 8 thousand dollars but no'one knows how to install it,DUX is a fine product.

Date PurchasedAug 2004
Krusty

A good price on a new 322ltr Dux System would be great,I need to replace it very shortly,Cheer's,Krusty.

Rick S

Rick SIllawarra, NSW

Had a good innings

Our 315L has just burst, spurting water through a small rupture at the top edge of the tank. This was installed by the previous owners 2006. There is no record of maintenance by previous owners and we have done nil over the past 5 years, being ignorant of the need to replace the anode every 4-5 years. This system has given us no problems in the 5 years we have been using it. I would say it has had a reasonable life of 12 years and now requires replacing. May have had a more extended life if maintenance had been performed.

Date PurchasedMar 2006

Paul.W.

Paul.W.Woodford NSW

Leaking relief valve

Electricity bill went up by $700! Found relief valve had gone again. Unit is only 16 months old and this is the second one I have replaced. Last time I installed a new inlet pressure reducing valve as well as we have high water pressure in my area. Reading other reviews I take it that there is a design issue with this model. Merry Christmas

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Leaking tank

Have 315L unit installed 8 years ago. It is now leaking badly and was about to replace with same unit as I thought it would be simple. After reading the reviews listed on site I have decided to use another hot water system. Thanks for the heads up people as it is important to get the real story. As a matter of fact the 315 Rheem is $75.00 cheaper!

Date PurchasedJun 2009
NNN

NNN

Never Get Dux

I found a lot of people with the exact same problem. Pilot light will not stay on.
It clearly must be a manufactures fault if that many people are having the same problem. But to get that fixed it costs you over $500 and this unit was only 5 years old. EVER GET DUX!!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2011

Garry L

Garry LGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dux Pro Flo Electic hotwater

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Bel

Bel

Never again!

Only purchased this horrible hot water system 18 months ago and have had a problem with the valve twice already! Water leaks non stop. Went to Bunnings where we bought it from and the said to bring the valve before they could give a new one and today when went back there again with the valve the person I spoke to said that there's no replacement and to call dux and try come out and replace and fit it for free. So Called dux and they said that the 7 year warranty does not cover it and it's only one year for the valve. what a waste of money! paid all that money for something that has giving us headache twice already in the 18 months we've had it. No help at all!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Shattered

I bought a brand new DUX hot water system 18 months ago and it cost $1700 fully installed. Last week the unit stopped working, so my wife called the DUX service line, who didn't want to know her, because the warranty was only good for 12 months. We got the element replaced at out cost and it has lasted 4 days and the unit has already failed. So now less than a month from Christmas I am up for another new hot water system, which I can't afford. Absolutely shattered as it is going to be a very disappointing Christmas / school holidays for the kids.

Ash HSydney

Exceesive waste flow after only 19 months.

I purchased a Dux Proflo 315S136, serial number 13013120171H which was installed in April 2013. It looks like it has only lasted 19 months before stuffing up. It appears very common on here. I would suggest you pass on this brand, if the best they can do is under 2 years, which is well short of it's expected life span, but out of warranty.

It appears a common fault, and they say some leakage out of the PRV is normal. I'm at 3.5 litres an hour. Lately the water temperature has been excessively hotter than normal.

Looks like I need a plumber, and to pay up and may need a new system. Very disappoint, and would never recommend them to anyone.

You yourself a favour and avoid DUX.

Dux H.Dux

Hi Ash, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW177, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Ash H

Well, I emailed the Dux after sales with the reference number as requested above, 10 days later and they can't reply to an email. Looks like their after sales is in line with their products.

Do not buy a dux

Dux H.Dux

Hi Ash, Dux Manufacturing Limited responded to your email 19 January 2015. I apologise that you have no received this email. Dux is now re-sending this email to you. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Excess water leakage

Dux Pro Flo 315S136 S/No 12111420023H, hot water leaking from pressure relief valve all the time. Initially 216 litres a week, had the pressure relief valve replaced and a pressure reduction valve installed at the meter, now only at the rate of 28 litres a day. the unit is now 17 months old.
Wat to do?

Reference No PRW158

DO NOT buy this water tank!!!

chris k

chris kAU

bad product

Unit works well in summer but in the colder months the water does not come out very hot. Had the company come out an check it twice with nofault found . Now stuck with a dodgy unit and to add salt to the wound the element burnt out in just over 2 years. Wouldnot recommend to anyone will never buy this brand again
cheap but not good quality
poor quality not reliable