Dux Proflo 50W1 (50L)

Dux Proflo 50W1 (50L)

Freaking trash - run away from this nasty Dux brand

Bought this a year and a half ago. Had a years warranty and now it’s gone.

It’s rediculous. Spent 500 dollars on this piece of crap.

Was highly recommended too. I’d rather spend more to get a much better quality heater.

Dux knows that their products fail after a year. Hey are a scam, what a shoddy company.

Fair Trading has to look into this.

How can a company like this even exist.

Shame on Dux!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Absolute rubbish

4 dud units in a row. The most recent almost lasted a month before the element failed..3 weeks later the cylinder had failed. None covered under warranty as the unit was a replacement under partial warranty for failure no. 3.which had failed after 2 and a bit years. As had the previous 2 units.
Dux customer service doesn't exist.
Consumer protection were equally useless.
At least we now have a Rheem.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Dux 50l hot water unit 1.5 years old

I would recommend to stay clear of the Dux Hot water systems, I purchased a 50l one 1.5 years ago and it started leaking from the bottom of the unit.

Dealing with the service department to get a replacement heater was like pulling teeth and the level of service that they provide is very poor.

I asked to be put through to the service manager and was given the runaround I would never do busness with this company again.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Poor

I had it installed in September 2014. It is now leaking. My plumber told me it is a problem with the cuve. I have tried to contact their after sale service. More than 30 min of wait and still no answer.
What a poor quality product and a poor quality service!

Hi Pierrick, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW317, please include your 12 digit serial number. Regards Dux After Sales.

Terrible would not recommend or use another Dux Electric Hot Water System

My prior Dux electric hot water system lasted just over 5 years and blew out at the bottom, damaging the inside storage cabinet.I replaced it on October 2014 with a new Dux Proflo which ruptured on the top just 8 months later in July 2015 resulting in water damage again to my home. I made three calls to Dux over several hours explaining hot water was gushing from the unit and damaging the surrounding area. Finally a local plumber advised me what to do. I will never buy another Dux and would not recommend a Dux electric water system to anyone. As I have to pay the first 500 of my insurance I am again left out of pocket to fix the damage caused by my 8 month old Dux Proflo electric water system. I would DEFINATELY NOT RECOMMEND Dux Water Systems to anyone. Extremely disappointed.

Hi Sandym, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW247, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux Hot Water.

I'm trying to set a timer on my 50w1 to utilise my solar panels . It is currently set from 4am to 9am and 4pm to 9pm and there is plenty of hot water. But from 4am to 6am there is no sun and 7pm to 9pm there is no sun so these 4hours are on grid 3.6 kwh x 28 cents per day. I'm thinking of changing it to 5am to 9am dropping 1 on grid hour and 2pm to 9pm gaining 2 solar hours. How long should the water stay hot if not used?
Hi Martin, Thanks for your question, our Product Specialist team will get back to you shortly. Best Regards, The Dux TeamHi Martin, 50L heaters by their design (same for all manufacturers) are not as energy efficient as larger heaters such as 250L and above. A lot of external factors will come into how long the water stays hot in the heater, from the ambient climate to pipe insulation, etc, etc. We cannot advise on the blend of PV input vs on-grid supply. From cold to hot, the unit draws 15A/hr and reheats in approximately 50 minutes. A solar PV electrical engineer might be able to advise further. Best Regards, The Dux Team

G'Day DUX , I have Dux 50 litre manufactured April 2014, Its tank is leaking today . Please advise how long warranty is on this unit as Im struggling to find the paperwork at this time. But I will have it somewhere ? Please advise how long thwe tank is covered for as I clearly have a tank leak . it is 50 lt 3.6 kw single phase unit. Ive had many of these things and this is the first one that has failed within the first five years .

We have a proflo 50W136 s/n 111203753072 and it seems that the element (or elements) are U/S. Can it be repaired or can you purchase elements ??
Hi John, If the element is faulty it can be replaced. If you would like a recommended service repairer in your area please call 1300 365 115 - option 2, here we can advise further. If not most major plumbing suppliers stock or sell the element. Regards Dux After Sales.

Compare all Dux Proflo