Dux Proflo 50W1 (50L)

Dux Proflo 50W1 (50L)

Freaking trash - run away from this nasty Dux brand

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Absolute rubbish

4 dud units in a row. The most recent almost lasted a month before the element failed..3 weeks later the cylinder had failed. None covered under warranty as the unit was a replacement under partial warranty for failure no. 3.which had failed after 2 and a bit years. As had the previous 2 units.
    Dux customer service doesn't exist.
    Consumer protection were equally useless.
    At least we now have a Rheem.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Dux 50l hot water unit 1.5 years old

I would recommend to stay clear of the Dux Hot water systems, I purchased a 50l one 1.5 years ago and it started leaking from the bottom of the unit.

Dealing with the service department to get a replacement heater was like pulling teeth and the level of service that they provide is very poor.

I asked to be put through to the service manager and was given the runaround I would never do busness with this company again.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
    PierrickB

PierrickBSydney

Poor

I had it installed in September 2014. It is now leaking. My plumber told me it is a problem with the cuve. I have tried to contact their after sale service. More than 30 min of wait and still no answer.
    What a poor quality product and a poor quality service!

Dux H.Dux

Hi Pierrick, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW317, please include your 12 digit serial number.
    Regards Dux After Sales.

Terrible would not recommend or use another Dux Electric Hot Water System

Dux H.Dux

Hi Sandym, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW247, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux Hot Water.

Martin H

Martin Hasked

I'm trying to set a timer on my 50w1 to utilise my solar panels . It is currently set from 4am to 9am and 4pm to 9pm and there is plenty of hot water. But from 4am to 6am there is no sun and 7pm to 9pm there is no sun so these 4hours are on grid 3.6 kwh x 28 cents per day. I'm thinking of changing it to 5am to 9am dropping 1 on grid hour and 2pm to 9pm gaining 2 solar hours. How long should the water stay hot if not used?

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your question, our Product Specialist team will get back to you shortly.

Best Regards,

The Dux Team

Hi Martin,

50L heaters by their design (same for all manufacturers) are not as energy efficient as larger heaters such as 250L and above. A lot of external factors will come into how long the water stays hot in the heater, from the ambient climate to pipe insulation, etc, etc.

We cannot advise on the blend of PV input vs on-grid supply.

From cold to hot, the unit draws 15A/hr and reheats in approximately 50 minutes.

A solar PV electrical engineer might be able to advise further.

Best Regards,

The Dux Team

POD

PODasked

G'Day DUX , I have Dux 50 litre manufactured April 2014, Its tank is leaking today . Please advise how long warranty is on this unit as Im struggling to find the paperwork at this time. But I will have it somewhere ? Please advise how long thwe tank is covered for as I clearly have a tank leak . it is 50 lt 3.6 kw single phase unit. Ive had many of these things and this is the first one that has failed within the first five years .

John

Johnasked

We have a proflo 50W136 s/n 111203753072 and it seems that the element (or elements) are U/S. Can it be repaired or can you purchase elements ??

Dux H.Dux

Hi John, If the element is faulty it can be replaced. If you would like a recommended service repairer in your area please call 1300 365 115 - option 2, here we can advise further. If not most major plumbing suppliers stock or sell the element.

Regards
    Dux After Sales.

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

Download manual