Dux Proflo 50W136

Frustration with leaking & corrosion of the 50L model

Date PurchasedDec 2014

KevSydney

Dux? More like Dud

my Dux 50l hot water heater manufacture date 26/12/2013 has failed. Water leaking everywhere, has ruined my timber floor which i now have to replace at my own cost. Have called the hotline and they are sending someone out. The cost of a replacement tank is covered but all associated costs aren't covered. So my tank only lasted 2 years, pretty poor in my opinion. Go elsewhere, i have had 3 rheem tanks in the last 5 years as well. Will try a Rinnai when my Dux replacement tank fails in 2 years.

Dux H.Dux

Hi Kev, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW311, please include your 12 digit serial number.
Regards Dux After Sales.

Kev

I have your plumber coming out tomorrow to replace the unit at a cost of $290. So I paid close to 600 for a new unit and install 2 years ago, and now I have to pay $290 to have your plumber come and replace your crappy product.

Cold showerasked

HI there, I bought a Dux 50W136 unit from Bunnings in 2017 for $400. Last week it starting tripping the fuse. I called Dux and they said a faulty element would do that. I called the technician they recommended and he has quoted $180 flat rate visit and $80 for a new element. Is it reasonable to expect the element to last more than 2 years?

Dux C.Dux

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and we would like to resolve this issue for you.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Regards,

Cold shower

Ok, I’ve sent you an email.

Cold shower

Hello? I’m still waiting to hear from Dux. Can you respond to my emails please?

Aidenasked

Hello, Ive been using dux proflo 50w 136 model for 3years and It starts to make beep sound evey 30seconds or 1min. How I can stop it making sounds?

*Ive been using it for less than 1 year

Hi Aiden,

Sorry for any delays, we are back on deck after the Holiday break and will get back to you asap.

Best Regards,

Hi Aiden,

Could you please provide us with the serial no. of the unit and you best contact number so we can investigate further? It's best to email the details to help@dux.com.au for privacy

Best Regards,

janelle

janelleasked

Can the "seal' on the base of the sysytem be replaced as water is leaking from here?

Marcus
Marcus

Dear Janelle, our system has just been installed and is brand new. If a seal is faulty it most definitely is replaced under warranty. My understanding is that we have a ten-year warranty of which I am yet to test. Under consumer law this warranty could be extended depending on how long such am appliance should really last. I would immediately contact DUX by phone and or email with a Mobile photo if possible and get them to replace the seal under warranty it should not be leaking. If the seal cannot be simply replaced then DUX should replace the system.

Dux C.Dux

Hi Janelle,

Thanks for your question.

Please contact our After Sales & Service on 1300 365 115 Option 2 with the serial no. of the unit and to arange a service call.

A leak at the base could possibly indicate an issue, one of our Service Agents would need to attend to inspect.

The 50W136 has a 7-year tank leakage warranty.

Thanks,

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

CategoryElectric Storage