Dux Sunpro 4F136S (Storage Tank)

Dux Sunpro 4F136S (Storage Tank)

MacBermagui

We wasted our hard earned money

In 2013 we had a Sunpro solar hot water system installed in our newly built house. Within 3 and a half years the collector tubes under the glass panels started to corrode. As the system was still under warranty I contacted Dux but was told by the receptionist to send photos of the problem. I sent the photos to them but was told that they would not do anything unless the system was leaking even though there was a five year warranty. I have kept all the correspondence which I had with Dux, including photos.This company should be discredited in selling a really bad product. The corrosion is really bad now and it is out of warranty, I fear that at any time it will cease to function. Stay away from Dux.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Mac

So what you are saying is that the corrosion will not eat into the pipes and cause a problem i.e. water leakage etc. during the life of these panels????

Mac

How much more bad publicity does Dux need before they bite the bullet and FIX some of these outstanding issues. Mac

Another disappointed customer

I am extremely disappointed with the Dux sunpro solar water heater. I have had the system approx 6 years.
2 months after the warranty ran out one of the 3 panels started to leak.. I removed the panel thinking 2 will be enough but after another few months the 2nd panel started to leak.
I have decommissioned the system altogether especially when I was told the panels are $1400 plus labour to replace. I have rang Dux to talk about some sort of compensation or repair but they are not interested.
Don't waste your money go elsewhere.

Date PurchasedNov 2000

Major failing after a relatively short period of time

Mark

MarkBrisbane

Do yourself a favour and stay clear of Dux

Purchased complete Dux solar hot water system just over 6 years ago at significant cost. Thought I was buying a good product (from a reputable company) that would last at least 15 years but tank split a year after warranty expired and Dux did not want to provide any solution, even though the plumber who inspected the tank said that Dux now provides a seven year warranty on their tanks. Plumber said they no longer deal with Dux as have had similar experiences. Be warned!

Trouble, trouble and trouble

I have Dux Sunpro for 6 years, every winter time, we sort of hot water for shower, we have 3 people in our family.
We live in NSW and I had 400 litter hot water tank.
Every year we have at least one or two problem with this hot water system?
Whether too cool, not enough hot water use, a few raining day not enough hot water for use, now my solar heat part not heat, a few time electrical part burn in 6 years time.

Dux H.Dux

Hi Kim, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW300, please include your 12 digit serial number. Regards Dux After Sales.

edkeoMelbourne

Do Not Get A Dux. My Unit Has Just Burst For The Second Time In 7 Years - No Warranty

I have an Electric Boost Solar HWS (Sunpro). 4F136S. The first unit burst after 2 years and the replacement unit has burst after a further 5 years. Dux are not the least bit interested that I have to replace 2 units within 7 years out of warranty. I sought a review from the After Sales Support Team and feedback and they offered no help at all.
My advice to all is DO NOT get a DUX.
Very disappointing.

Dux H.Dux

Hi Edkeo, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW296, please include your 12 digit serial number. Regards Dux After Sales.

edkeo

I have already emailed you prior to my review and you said there is nothing you can do. No customer service there

edkeo

Do not be fooled by the Dux Officials comment saying they will investigate. They do not even reply to your emails

BenBrisbane

Unreliable product, no respect for statuatory warranty

Dux H.Dux

Hi Ian, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW144, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Ben

Requested info sent 16/10. No response so far.

Dux H.Dux

Hi Ian, a response was sent on the 17th of October, I will arrange to re send the correspondence.
Thanks Dux After Sales.

Michael W.

Michael W.asked

I’m in TAREE 2430. How much would I expect to pay for a tank please

Naveen
Naveen

Terrible product, take it to the tip ASAP.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your question.

Just to inform you that Dux do not sell our units direct to the public but all of our units are available to purchase from plumbing merchants.

Here are the merchants which are close to your area for you to contact and obtain a price and order from:

Bunnings Taree= 02 6591 2500
Reece Taree= 02 5594 7710
Tradelink Taree= 02 6537 9500
Hot Water Maintenance Taree= 1300 130 060 (they can do supply and install)

Let us know if you still have other concerns.

Mickasked

I have a Dux 4F136S 415lt tank with 3 solar panel, built 6/2009 so over 10 years old and just started leaking. Can a new tank only be purchased? We’ve been very happy with the system an think 10 years from the tank is what should be expected.

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your inquiry Mick.

The replacement tank is a 400DPM36, this is a dedicated solar tank with sensors, controller and pump built on at the factory, it also includes a solar Tempering valve.

Let us know if you need some help identifying where to buy one.

Mick

Yes please, help, where do you buy one out Narellan, NSW.

Hi Mick,

You can order the 400L Dux Ecosmart Solar tank from Parramatta Hot Water on 9630 6683 or Australian Hot Water (Macarthur) on 1300 132 113.

Thanks for your support.

Rod Beerasked

please tell me how much per hour / day this model is costing to operate. off peak 3 hours @ 20.20c , peak 3 hours @38.13. deciding if its time to upgrade or not. also have 3 panel solar

Hi Rod,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your best contact number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

SUNPRO 4F136S SERIAL 0707107410
9 Francis Elliot Crt Bundalong 3730 VIC 0447 114404

Hi Rod,

Thanks for providing the details and raising the question.

There are no precise figures available on the running costs of an electric boosted solar water heater as there are too many variables.

Factors such as the location of the system, the orientation and pitch of the collectors, variations in UV radiation (which is what provides the heat input), hot water usage patterns as well as what is charged per kW/hr by your energy provider meant that even an average kW figure per day is difficult to give.

As the tank is boosted for 1/2 the storage volume only, worst case scenario there is little to zero UV input and the boosted volume of 200L is used in a 24hr period, 11.6 kW of energy will be consume heating up that volume to 60 Deg

Cheers,

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

CategorySolar Water Heaters