Dux Sunpro 4F136S (Storage Tank)

Dux Sunpro 4F136S (Storage Tank) Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

Michael W.

Michael W.asked

I’m in TAREE 2430. How much would I expect to pay for a tank please

Naveen
Naveen

Terrible product, take it to the tip ASAP.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your question.

Just to inform you that Dux do not sell our units direct to the public but all of our units are available to purchase from plumbing merchants.

Here are the merchants which are close to your area for you to contact and obtain a price and order from:

Bunnings Taree= 02 6591 2500
Reece Taree= 02 5594 7710
Tradelink Taree= 02 6537 9500
Hot Water Maintenance Taree= 1300 130 060 (they can do supply and install)

Let us know if you still have other concerns.

Mickasked

Sunpro 4F136S (Storage Tank)

I have a Dux 4F136S 415lt tank with 3 solar panel, built 6/2009 so over 10 years old and just started leaking. Can a new tank only be purchased? We’ve been very happy with the system an think 10 years from the tank is what should be expected.

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your inquiry Mick.

The replacement tank is a 400DPM36, this is a dedicated solar tank with sensors, controller and pump built on at the factory, it also includes a solar Tempering valve.

Let us know if you need some help identifying where to buy one.

Mick

Yes please, help, where do you buy one out Narellan, NSW.

Hi Mick,

You can order the 400L Dux Ecosmart Solar tank from Parramatta Hot Water on 9630 6683 or Australian Hot Water (Macarthur) on 1300 132 113.

Thanks for your support.

Rod Beerasked

Sunpro 4F136S (Storage Tank)

please tell me how much per hour / day this model is costing to operate. off peak 3 hours @ 20.20c , peak 3 hours @38.13. deciding if its time to upgrade or not. also have 3 panel solar

Hi Rod,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your best contact number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

SUNPRO 4F136S SERIAL 0707107410
9 Francis Elliot Crt Bundalong 3730 VIC 0447 114404

Hi Rod,

Thanks for providing the details and raising the question.

There are no precise figures available on the running costs of an electric boosted solar water heater as there are too many variables.

Factors such as the location of the system, the orientation and pitch of the collectors, variations in UV radiation (which is what provides the heat input), hot water usage patterns as well as what is charged per kW/hr by your energy provider meant that even an average kW figure per day is difficult to give.

As the tank is boosted for 1/2 the storage volume only, worst case scenario there is little to zero UV input and the boosted volume of 200L is used in a 24hr period, 11.6 kW of energy will be consume heating up that volume to 60 Deg

Cheers,

kim

kimasked

Sunpro 4F136S (Storage Tank)

My Dux sunpro RTN doesn't heat, I check at hotlogic box both green and red light are on, that means all sensor are work but the return inlet pipe are cool, can you tell me what's wrong with Sunpro system?

Tim
Tim

Hi Kim, You would be best to get a licenced plumber to look at the unit. I did and the issue for me was the Pressure Relief Valve, Diverter Valve and the Hotlogic Controller were all faulty.

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives