Dux Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

Dux Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

NancyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst hot water system ever! Broken just after 5 year warranty!

Worst system! Not having enough hot water to use 2 showers at once. Problem starts after 3 years and now just after 5 years, there is no hot water at all. It happened to many other people that have the unit installed in 2013. No wonder the product is now discontinued. Dux does not take responsibility. I have contacted ACCC about this.

Purchased in May 2013.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

I have sent an email this morning. It was from nalumi5@yahoo.com

Nancy

No contact was made. Dux just send the same message to everyone saying they will try to resolve the issue ASAP but they actually do nothing!!!

David P.

David P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

works great but persistant breakdowns

Had this unit for 7 years now and have had persistant problems new house built by Burbank. DAY 1 no hot water service callout and finally fixed. From then on it worked well until 2 yrs and electronic controller died 650 $$$$ and out of warranty as with previous comments its all on your own back now several breakdowns since then and a very sympathetic plumber who has a serious dislike of the brand looked after us each time with no charge sometimes as in the area and was a quick fix but the inconvenience of breakdowns make it a poor choice of unit it has now gone again and think this will be the last

Purchased in September 2012.

Dux C.Dux

Very bad product and customer service

Burbank has installed this product at our property in Aug 2013. We had hot water problem already 3 times in 6 years. Now, again on 14/06/2019 hot water stopped and when I called company - guess what - the girl on the other side started saying it's out of warranty instead discussing the problem or offering some guidance or help to get it fixed.
Hope, management will check how customer service people are dealing with the customers.

Purchased in August 2013.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
R NM

R NMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Dux sunpro hot water system

Purchased in November 2012 at From builder.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
Dux C.Dux

Worst hot water service on the market!!!

I would not recommend this product to anyone. My partner and myself purchased a new house 2 years ago which came with a sunpro unit and have had nothing but problems with it spewing out water. After calling dux and being told that a 3 year old unit is not under warranty it cost me $400 for a new diverter valve. The plumber also shook his head when he seen I had a sunpro unit and said that they are a bottom end product and to get rid of it as soon as I can.

Purchased in May 2016.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Zack Gorringe
Zack Gorringe

Ambre1506

Ambre1506Sydney, NSW

Problems From Day one

HWS was not working before I moved into my new McDonald Jones Home in October 2015. Plumber blamed electrician, electrician blamed the solar panel installer. Anyway eventually was working.
I don't seem to have any problems until cloudy or wet days then little or no hot water. I have had technicians out now 4 times the last only being 3 days ago and he said the unit is faulty and we should purchase a new one.
I am still without hot water and just waiting for a sunny day to hopefully get some hot water. I'm not in a position to buy a new HWS at the moment. Quoted $2000 for a replacement.

Purchased in October 2015.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)

Not working properly

I installed this system in my home 4 years ago through Mac Donald jones Homes and each winter I have cold water and am unable to shower or wash dishes of an evening.We experienced this issue in the first year several times and technicians came and fixed and changed different parts many times but the issues remains same.Then they changed whole unit and was working fine.Now the problem is not hot water if it is cloudy.Sometimes if we turn off and on the the power switch it will start and hot water will be there for while.Sometimes it doesn’t work.Dux system is a water cooler.

Purchased in August 2016.

Liz185Goulburn Valley, VIC

It is that time of the year again where the dux cools the water during the day!

I purchased my home 4 years ago and each winter I have cold water and am unable to shower or wash dishes of an evening. It seems that the water pump just cools the water down during the day. Electric boost of a night means I can shower in hot water morning only! Each year I get the system looked at and am told it works fine. My last house had a Solarhart, it was a fantastic system and the water would only be cold if I had 2 cloudy days. Dux system is a water cooler.

Purchased in August 2010.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)

Thanks, email sent

Stay away from DUX ...Total waste of money

I have got DUX DS15DS solar boosted hot water system only 4 years old and every year from last 2 years I have to spend $500 for repairs and this is 3rd year where I have got yet another problem.. I will complain to related authority ... their customer Service is terrible too...

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Dux H.Dux

Worst than Garbage! ACCC needs to get involved!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Lal

LalMelbourne

Total Garbage

We installed this unit just 4 months back after our old unit started giving problems. In the first week, water started gushing out from the opening at the top of the unit and now the sensor has stopped working. We have been without hot water for almost one week. I called Dux and the reply given by their customer service person was that I am not the only one without hot water. Dux does not care about their customers. Their customer service people are rude. They are insensitive to the needs of their customers. Never buy a dux product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Shay M

Shay MBendigo

Awful Company, Useless Product

5 years on from installation, and the system is not working again. Gas booster won't ignite. As the last 3 times it's been repaired have been diverter valves, I can safely assume that this will be the problem again. First three repairs were under warranty, last one was on us. Most unreliable product I've ever come across and trying to get a plumber in my area to service this system is almost impossible. I honestly don't know how Dux could sell these.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Terrible Company & Product...

We built the house back on Aug 2013 and we got this Hot water cylinder choosen by the builder maybe its a cheaper option for them!! And unfortunately not even 5yrs now its broken and not working anymore, I called a professional Plumber hoping we can able to fix it but he said he got alot of bad experience with these products by DUX. Even someone can fix it, the problem will come back again and it wont be cheap.. I highly won't recommend this company to anyone, not very helpful Customer Service as well!!!

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Jesse

JesseBowral

Terrible service

Date PurchasedDec 2014
andrew

andrewPerth

don't buy

Crap. gas never switches over need to manually reset. ie any time there is clouds after a few days sun. Also 1yr warranty on a system with a 5 yr payback! completely not working now after less than 3 yrs use. had the heater unit swapped out after 6 months (luckily within warranty). Would never buy another dux.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

JimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Only one year Warranty on parts on an expensive sophisticated hot water system?

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Jim

After my initial write up a week later the system crapped itself! Now we had no hot water. So $630 later and a new valve its working for how long?

Jim

Just replaced my unit today with an aquamax. The solar hot water diverter is faulty.
Ive keep the Dux Sunpro DN15DS for parts. I also have a new tempering valves $478,
Msg me if you are looking for parts.

TimC

TimCCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Cheap rubbish and panels cant handle frosty mornings burst

11 Years old and had value replacement last January for water leaking and fixed, now had worst frosty mornings this winter bring more leak from solar panels its not the value this time. So break down in frosty mornings of -3c and -2.2c two days row then started leaking from Panels. Now get repairs, hard to say need new panels.

Date PurchasedJan 2006

Jason

JasonElizabeth Hills NSW 2171

Costing me more than saving!!

I have a Dux DN15DS Boosted Gas Solar Water Heater. It is only 3 three years old and have had to get the pressure relief valve replaced 3 times since we moved in. So much water has gone down the drain either from leaking from the panels on the roof and coming from the pipe next to the tank. I've woken up again this morning to the sound of water gushing out of the pipe again. My water bills are through the roof because of this system. Now we have to wait until a plumber comes out again to tell me what the problem is this time. They've told me in the past to get rid of this hot and replace it with an electric/gas instantaneous unit. This unit just keeps costing me money. What can be done to get this fixed once and for all?

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Supun

SupunCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Terrible product

Had the unit for 5 years old and already broken for four times. Customer service also terrible. And after the warranty their approved service companies are terrible too. Very unhappy about Dux company. Not recommend for anyone. Try Rennai. Heard that brand is good. Also the off flow valve is leaking all the time. Replaced three times for the past 5 years.

Date PurchasedSep 2012

Alex

AlexVictoria

Terrible - Avoid

My Hot water service is almost 3 years old and has just broken down for the second time.
There are no local service agents in my area.
Because it's out of the 1 year warranty Dux doesn't want to hear about it.
All the local plumbers say the same thing: "Dux products are cheap rubbish - you'd be better-off getting a different system rather than repairing it".
Avoid these Products!
- Inferior Quality
- Bad Customer Service
- Bad Service Network
- Inferior warranty (1 year, instead of the standard 3 year)

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Samasked

Hello,
I just received huge water bill and it was discovered that anti frost valve on solar panels is leaking
Living in Melbourne is it necessary to have this valve installed?
How much does it cost to replace?

Hi Sam,

The DN15DS has a drain down feature that does not require the installation of frost valves.

Your plumber or one of our Service Agents (please call 1300 365 115 Option 2 to book a call) will be able to remove the frost valve and seal off the connection.

Please email us to help@dux.com.au for any concerns.

Best Regards,

Samasked

Hello,
I have Dux Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas) with solar panels.
Recently I received huge water and it turn that I have water leak through
Anti frost valve
Is it nesassary to have it replace it if we live in Melbourne?
How much it cost to replace the valve?

Hi Sam,

Thanks for raising that question.

Can you email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can answer it for you.

Many thanks,

Ewan

Ewanasked

Once again it winter and it has stopped working last winter it cost 300 which was cheapper than the 500 prior. No it has stopped does not seem to run through start up program and has continual red flashing light. worst product l have ever brought has cost me double its value in repair in six years we have had it and its suppost to be saving us money.

Hi Ewan,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and really hope we can resolve your issues.

So we can locate your details easier can you email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au?

Best Regards,

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

CategorySolar Water Heaters