Dux Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

Dux Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas) Questions & Answers

13 questions from our users

Darrenasked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

Just in the last couple of weeks there has been low pressure from the hot water tap (system) seems to surge a little bit. We have good cold water pressure. I have checked the hot logic controller, power led green, sensors led green, outputs led off.
Any thoughts as to what the issue is

disgruntled
disgruntled

Sorry Darren I don’t have any experience with this system
Maybe it’s a tempering valve issue
Cheers

Darren

Thank you I will investigate this valve

Hi Darren,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and we would like to resolve this issue for you.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, model number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Jijo J.

Jijo J.asked

could someone knows how to relight the pilot light ox DUX Sun Pro
TIA
JJ

Hi Jijo,

Thanks for your question.

The instructions for lighting the unit are located on the back of the access panel that you remove to light the unit.

Samasked

Hello,
I just received huge water bill and it was discovered that anti frost valve on solar panels is leaking
Living in Melbourne is it necessary to have this valve installed?
How much does it cost to replace?

Hi Sam,

The DN15DS has a drain down feature that does not require the installation of frost valves.

Your plumber or one of our Service Agents (please call 1300 365 115 Option 2 to book a call) will be able to remove the frost valve and seal off the connection.

Please email us to help@dux.com.au for any concerns.

Samasked

Hello,
I have Dux Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas) with solar panels.
Recently I received huge water and it turn that I have water leak through
Anti frost valve
Is it nesassary to have it replace it if we live in Melbourne?
How much it cost to replace the valve?

Hi Sam,

Thanks for raising that question.

Can you email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can answer it for you.

Many thanks,

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

Once again it winter and it has stopped working last winter it cost 300 which was cheapper than the 500 prior. No it has stopped does not seem to run through start up program and has continual red flashing light. worst product l have ever brought has cost me double its value in repair in six years we have had it and its suppost to be saving us money.

Hi Ewan,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and really hope we can resolve your issues.

So we can locate your details easier can you email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au?

Alan C.asked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

After a day of cloudy weather we have no hot water next morning as the gas booster is not working.
I can get the booster to fire up after turning the power off for about 30 seconds.
What is wrong with the unit, does it need a component replaced. As well as this,the frost valve has decided to toss it in with water pouring out everywhere. I have temporary capped this as I don't want another $500 water bill like when this happen last time. This is very poor for a 4 1/2 year old unit and I feel like lodging a claim with consumers affairs (V cat) because the warranty is useless.

Hi Alan,

So we can locate your details easier can you email through your name (state this username), phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au?

Alan C.

Thank you for your reply. My name is Alan Chalmers,Phone 0418990004, installation address 6 Sundew Cres, Pakenham Vic, Model no.DN15DS & Serial No. 14102950001H
Hope to hear from you soon. Alan C.

FML

FMLasked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

I have a dux sun pro DN15DS with solar aswell it was manufactured 03/08/2012. Yhe unit has stopped heating up the water, I turned it off and back on again and it booted back up, I had hot water for less then 24 hours as it's not working again. I use to hear the solar panel heating it every couple of hours a day it sounded like a jet plane going across my roof but haven't heard it for the last few days. Can anyone help me with this problem? thanks

Roy

Sorry but the unit I have is electric not gas.

Mac
Mac

I am sorry but I can't help with your problem, the biggest problem is that of DUX who seem to have a never ending list of problems with their products and will not honour their warranties.

Hi FML,

Sincere apologies - when we were checking past questions we noticed we have not responded to your question. I know it's now a month later, would you still like us to follow through with an answer to your question?

A.Thai

A.Thaiasked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

My hot water tank keeps pumping out water to waste and it has taken more than 40mins. Is this normal? What is happening here? Please help

Roy

I think you may have a problem with your unit. I have had no problems that way with my unit. I would contact Dux and ask them why this is happening.

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

Thanks for advice just replaced burner senor after the logic controller and we have got water and a lit less money but although we have got water if you turn a tap on during shower it goes cold which never happened before and shouldn't so what would cause this. We have dux sunpro solar. This is meant to be our save money period.

Hi Ewan,

We would suggest having a plumber or one of our Service Agents inspect the Tempering valve as that may require servicing or replacement.

A tempering valve needing servicing/adjuistment/replacement could display symptoms similar to what you are describing.

Please note, the DN15DS boosts by gas the top 50L of water in the tank, the balance of the tank is heated by the sun when it is available.

High hot water use might exceed the booter's ability to replenish that 50L.

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

Just replaced hot logic box still flashing one red light on sensors what does that mean. Have spent more than what l paid for it on part can you please tell me what problems is this was such a waste of money and it was suppose to save money.

Hi Ewan,

Thanks for your question, our Product Specialist team will get back to you shortly.

Hi Ewan,

A single red flashing sensor light indicates that the Burner Sensor has been detected as faulty by the Hotlogic Controller.

The replacement part (H0405) is available to order from your local plumbing supply store. A suitably licensed tradesperson will be able to install it.

The fault codes can be found in the Owner's Manual: http://storage.dux.com.au/products/3_owner_manual.pdf

Tj81

Tj81asked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

I have no hot water how do i check if pilot light is still going?

Jesse
Jesse

I found Dux useless and if I had the chance I would not revommend them to anyone

Jim
Jim

I dont know i think its automatic. It starts up when needed. Jim

Aaron

Aaronasked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

My unit keeps turning off and not working at all. I turn it off at the wall, turn it back on later, and it starts up, all lights turn green, but as soon as the gas starts to heat it's like it trips and all shuts down again and the lights all go off. What is the problem?

Kev
Kev

Check thermistors

ColdShowers
ColdShowers

Hey Aaron, did you ever get this issue solved, or did you give up?
I think I must have the same issue with my DN15DS: about 15 seconds after the gas booster fires up, all the LED lights in the HotLogic controller go off, the fan stops (basically the system looks like it's had the power cut - that is to say it certainly doesn't look like the controller has decided that the tank is up to the correct temperature and hence cleanly stops the gas burner.)
Bypassing the gas altogether (by initialising the system with the gas off) appears to avoid the periodic power cut, but so far I don't think I've gotten any hot water from the panels, even though the pump is running.
(So far 2 DUX support telephone calls and 2 visits from their recommended local tech haven't yielded a solution - just a replacement diverter valve which made no difference to the issue.)
- ColdShowers

Col
Col

Hi ColdShowers, I'm having the exact same issue. Did you find the issue?

George

Georgeasked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

My DN15DS unit manufactured 12/12/12 serial 12121130101H. PRV valve started leaking (already been replaced once) got to the point where it was running out constant even when cold and all hot water was used. Had it replaced but water never got hot again (has been overcast revsolar) took panel cover off and realised the booster unit turns itself on for 30 seconds gets the gas on and heating and then trips out and what's a few minutes before repeating the cycle (won't power on in that time). No idea if it's the hot logic box or a sensor or what? $$?

Dux H.Dux

Hi George, please call 1300 365 115 - option 2 - here we can discuss further.
Regards
Dux Hot Water

Paula
Paula

Hi George, don't know much about my solar hot water system. The builder put this system in but had nothing but trouble. Ive recently had the diverter installed and cross fingers all good so far. The first thing that went was the logic box. Which was 12 months and 2 weeks old. I dont know if any of this helps. Good luck George. ...

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives