Dux Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

Dux Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas) (page 2 of 2)

1.1

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Alex

AlexVictoria

Terrible - Avoid

My Hot water service is almost 3 years old and has just broken down for the second time.
There are no local service agents in my area.
Because it's out of the 1 year warranty Dux doesn't want to hear about it.
All the local plumbers say the same thing: "Dux products are cheap rubbish - you'd be better-off getting a different system rather than repairing it".
Avoid these Products!
- Inferior Quality
- Bad Customer Service
- Bad Service Network
- Inferior warranty (1 year, instead of the standard 3 year)

Date PurchasedAug 2014
aqua

aqua

Poor product and service

Date PurchasedApr 2013

never again

i don't like our sunpro solar gas heater. after just 4 years, we had to replace pump part and new one now makes so much noise. it is like a thumping noise when having a bath. so much for enjoying a bath.

we are told now that such products are not suited for areas where temp gets to zero; like Albury Wodonga.

basically we had to tun off and then turn on heater for years before it finally stopped working altogether.

on top of that, the plumber sunpro recommended to us, charged us over $400 for a part which i could have purchased myself for $234.

Date PurchasedDec 2012
Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Dux Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas) compares to other Solar Water Heaters

orlanda

orlandaSydney

regular breakdowns

The frost valve for the solar panels fails every year despite it not being winter with much loss and waste of water. $450 cost each time to replace. The main unit - water storage tank on side of house also malfunctioned. Even though under warranty it still cost $750 for second installation. That one did not work either. So really expensive yearly replacement costs. Not cost efficient.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

ashley101Victoria, Australia

worst product. dux shrugging off their responsibility

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
AndrewHirst

AndrewHirstThurgoona

Avoid at all costs. Try any other solar product except Dux

Avoid at all costs. My unit is just 12 months old and has the diverter valve replaced at least 4 times in 12 months. Don't try to call their customer support(sic) as they don't want to know or even listen, So now we are pursuing Consumer affairs and legal advice. Once again steer clear of this product and I think 1 star is still to high for this woeful product.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

november9erAU

Diverter valve broke after 3 years

We moved into our brand new house by Burbank 3years ago now. The dux Pre Boosted Gas Solar Water Heater MP15 came with the package. Diverter valve broke and got replaced costing AUD 450. We previously had a Bosch continuous hot water system at the old house and it never broke in the 11 years that we were living there. The warranty on the diverter valve is 3 months ... if something breaks again, I'll be scrapping the dux for a Bosch!

04.09.20 broke again A$605

november9er

I called 1300 365 115 and was referred to an authorised repairer, unit was repaired at another cost of A$605. I wasn't going to have my family suffer the cold of winter !
S/N 13072550017H

Garbage

Very disappointed. Gas boosted solar. Poor product, several issues including parts recalled. Has now stopped working completely. This was not a cheap system to begin with and is costing more and more.
Would not recommend Dux products. Recall phone line never answered, had to call Dux directly.
Poor, poor, poor!

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Gailyg

GailygWahgunyah

Terrible

Less than 2 yrs old and has issues (not covered under warranty of course). Their "recommended service dealer" never turned up so for the past 3 months I have had to turn the system off and turn it back on to get hot water. According to consumer affairs that if a product is expected to last longer then their stated warranty you may be entitled to repairs or replacement so that is my first phone call this morning!

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Andi

AndiGeelong

Thumbs down dux

PTR valves replaced 3 times in less than 4 years. Last valve replace 3 days ago and a flow reducer also installed to prevent valve failure. 2 days later more valve failure preventing gas booster from igniting. No hot water for 2 days as too cloudy for solar. More $$$$ to repair. Its the most troublesome hot water service I have ever had.

Dar

DarEYNESBURY

Dux is hopeless

System died 5 times in less than 5 years for different reasons. Now they refused to send their plumber as the warranty only covers tank leakage. Replaced pressure release valve just 2 months back and now something else is faulty. NEVER BUY DUX. Wish I can give negative star ratings.

BihagCraigieburn

woefull, low grade product

have this installed at my house around 3.5 years ago & almost every year there are at least two callouts for repairs.same issues over again moreover this seems to stop working almost every winter.! buyers don't buy DUX.their products are low grade,faulty & overtime almost every part will be replaced

Dux H.Dux

Hi Bihag, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW324, please include your 12 digit serial number. Regards Dux After Sales.

Poor product and service

Replaced PRV 2nd time now (first was under warranty). All the hot water ran out with the pressure release valve not working (and it's been too cloudy for solar) hot water still not on, it now seems the booster turns on for 30 seconds then trips out the whole unit which powers off for a few minutes before trying again :(. Going to cost $$$$ I can tell, unit is only 4 years old. Serial: 12121130101H. Gas Approval ID 100052-001

Waiting

Waiting

Cold

This solar hot water unit was installed in our new house in September 2012. It is only 3 1/2 years old and has continuously had issues.
The water comes out cold, so we have to go out and turn the unit off and on again (sometimes several times) to get the gas booster to turn on to heat the water (even in summer on a 40 degree day!).
The problem initially occurred every now and then but is now every other day.
We will be replacing with an instantaneous hot water unit!

Paula

Paula

Buyer beware

Ok!! After replacing the logic box and 460 dollars out of pocket. Three months later no hot water again, this time it possibly is the diverter. This unit is only 15 months old. Dux please don't insult me by answering this complaint with your standard response that you will investigate, as you don't care about your customers. Interesting what was once a five year warranty is now a one year warranty. (I wonder why) another disgruntled Dux customer (again one of many).

This brand and product is definitely not the Dux Nuts

Not even 2.5 years old.
Dux DN15DS SunPro Pre Boosted Gas Solar Water Heater. Three pressure relief valves since we moved in. Now we need to replace the diverter valve and probably the Hotlogic Controller.
$1,100 to replace the parts with no guarantee it won't be an ongoing issue. Recommended that we ditch the solar gas boosted setup and go with an electric/gas instantaneous unit for about $2000.
Regardless of which way we go it's an insane amount of money on a HWS that is 2.5 years old.
This brand is definitely not the Dux Nuts!!!

Dux H.Dux

Hi Tim, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW297, please include your 12 digit serial number. Regards Dux After Sales.

Tim
Tim

Can't handle the hot weather

Have only had unit for three months having to call plumber for the second time units can't handle the heat water gets to hot in panels and burns out the valves and can't get satisfaction from Dux except to say that it is going to cost me more money because it's not their problem

Dux H.Dux

Hi Keith, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW292, please include your 12 digit serial number. Regards Dux After Sales.

Just problems

I have a Dux Sun Pro Model# DN15DS. When it works it works great.
I have been through 3 electronic control modules, twice under warranty and once at my cost, and now no water pressure. From my research it seems to be the regulator valve.
Dux service and warranty are very poor considering I had to get irate to get them to listen just after the warranty of course.
I spent $6500 back in 2013 for this system with only a 12 month warranty thinking it will safe me money in the long run but what I am saving in gas consumption I am spending in repairs.

I would think twice about this unit.

Dux H.Dux

Hi Craig, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW221, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Darrenasked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

Just in the last couple of weeks there has been low pressure from the hot water tap (system) seems to surge a little bit. We have good cold water pressure. I have checked the hot logic controller, power led green, sensors led green, outputs led off.
Any thoughts as to what the issue is

disgruntled
disgruntled

Sorry Darren I don’t have any experience with this system
Maybe it’s a tempering valve issue
Cheers

Darren

Thank you I will investigate this valve

Hi Darren,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and we would like to resolve this issue for you.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, model number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Regards,

Jijo J.

Jijo J.asked

could someone knows how to relight the pilot light ox DUX Sun Pro
TIA
JJ

Hi Jijo,

Thanks for your question.

The instructions for lighting the unit are located on the back of the access panel that you remove to light the unit.

Regards,

Sam

Samasked

Hello,
I just received huge water bill and it was discovered that anti frost valve on solar panels is leaking
Living in Melbourne is it necessary to have this valve installed?
How much does it cost to replace?
Sam

Hi Sam,

The DN15DS has a drain down feature that does not require the installation of frost valves.

Your plumber or one of our Service Agents (please call 1300 365 115 Option 2 to book a call) will be able to remove the frost valve and seal off the connection.

Please email us to help@dux.com.au for any concerns.

Best Regards,

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives