Dux Sunpro Gas Solar DN15DT2DC

Dux Sunpro Gas Solar DN15DT2DC

Absolute Rubbish

Like the other review , I also live in Portland Victoria and have had nothing but trouble from our Dux solar water heater . First it was a split tank ( under warranty ) but I had to pay labour , then the controller went which drained the tank 5 times ( and we are on rainwater ) , then a pressure valve had to be bypassed , then a thermostat and now the controller has gone again . Only found this site while looking for a reliable replacement . By the way , before we moved here we had 3 hotwater systems at the old place . The first 2 were Dux ( split tank ) third and last a Rheem ..Never got a satisfactory reply from Dux on any of the problems .Steer clear of any Dux products.

Date PurchasedNov 2010

same as DUX EcoSmart, do not buy it, fails about every 2 years with $1200 bill to change controller

I have sent the complaint through to consumer affairs on two occasions and I'm waiting to hear back from them Dux now another two years later ....we had replaced one EcoSmart system at their cost but after 2 years the controller and diverter valve needed replacing $1200 so I paid for it and another two years later the controller and diverter valve have failed again Portland Victoria. If you need reliability do not go DUX. If DUX assist with the complaint that is with consumer affairs I will consider changing this review BUT I am so frustrated that I have already temporarily bought a separate system until this issue is resolved so I've already spent $1,250 on another TEMP NON SOLAR system until this one is sorted.

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Dear Mal, We'd like to get in touch with you regarding your system. Are you able to email your name, contact number, address where the water heater has been installed, model number and serial number of your water heater through to help@dux.com.au? We'll call you Monday morning if that suitable. Best regards, The Dux Team

What an amazing relief

It will be the last review on this product. I have sold 1 property that had 1 dux ( total tank replacement). And now the one at my house after numerous call outs, repair costs had finally packed it in. Totally rusted, I’d show the photos if I could upload them. Even though I’m out of pocket again, I’m sure you know which unit I didn’t purchase.

Date PurchasedOct 2011

Absolute shambles

Asked our builder to include gas boosted solar hot water when we built our house 3 years ago. Plumber installed a Dux Sunpro DN15DS and two solar panels for us. Three years on and it's going to the tip (at my expense). Have had numerous call outs and spent thousands of dollars on parts and labour, none of which were covered under warranty. The diverter valve goes once a year costing over $500 a pop, the panels exploded once showering us and the neighbors with water and the waste valve went as well costing us more money. Every time a plumber comes out he rolls his eyes when he sees our unit because he knows what a dog it is. The plumber this time told us we would honestly be better off ditching it and putting a better brand in as the Dux are the most unreliable hot water service that they see out on site. What a shame, something that was meant to save us money has ended up costing us money and been a total waste of time and effort. Would never get a Dux unit again. Quality is appalling and the customer service, though polite, was no help at all. Total waste.

Date PurchasedSep 2013

what a joke!

We have had no hot water now for 4 days!!! Called dux 10am Saturday morning which got us to a recorded voice saying call back between business hours, which stated Saturday 9am to 12:30 am! We called at 10 am and no answer!!! Finally get a hold of dux on monday, get someone out to look, told it would cost $700+ to fix and it wasn't covered in warranty! The hot water system is 2 years old!!! Called dux, lady did not give a crap, told me it was outside the warranty yet the system says there is a 5 year warranty! I said to her 'so these systems only have a 2 year life span' she said no but there is nothing we can do and hung up on me!!! It is leaking massive amounts of water (thanks for the massive water bill dux!!!!) And will not heat up!!! Have had a recall a year ago on this piece of crap too that was apparently fixed!!!
What a joke!!! Had other brands at previous houses have lasted 10 years with no issues!!! I didn't get a choice in the brand for the hot water service as dodgy burbank put it in! Definitely looking at a different brand... one that actually gives a crap about their customers!!!!!

Hi Hayley, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW305, please include your 12 digit serial number. Regards Dux After Sales.

Big mistake

Please do your homework before you buy a Dux solar hot water. 13 months and no hot water was told to switch power switch on and off. No good still cold. After sales service was terrible, call centre girl was heartless didn't care the product was out of warranty didn't care. Couple weeks out wow. You buy an expensive product expecting to last at least 5 years before you have to worry about maintenance, pretty bad ah shame on you Dux...

Hi Paula, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW290, please include your 12 digit serial number. Regards Dux After Sales.

5 year 170FNS pilot keeps going out

Bought a 2011 built house with a Dux Sunpro 170FNS solar hot water system. Pilot kept going out for 6-7 times in last two weeks. Called in a plumber to check it and got the suggestion to replace thermostat, gas valve and thermocouple at cost of $800-$900 parts and labour. Shouldn't such hot water system generally work well for about 10 years?

Hi Xuanl, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW284, please include your 12 digit serial number. Regards Dux After Sales.I've just found the unit was installed on 11/11/10, which means its warranty expired last month on 11/11/15. If I want a Dux techinician to fix it, I need to pay 120 call out fee plus labour and parts. I didn't expect the problem to be serious so I paid a local plumber to have a look. Then I was suprised to get an estimation of $800-900 from him to fix it once for all. Maybe that plumber tried to rip me off but the question I care most is how long it will be able to last? I heard that usually a HWS is supposed to work for 10 years. But for a unit that gets problem as soon as its warranty runs out, I doubt it will be able to work smoothly for another 5 years even if I pay to fix it this time. Have started looking at other brand to replace it.

DUX 170 LITRE FNS SOLAR WATER HEATER

Installed 8 years ago when house was built. The tank has split leaking water. Went to replace and it is $2300 from Bunnings for solar type and not the same model!!! Will never buy DUX again. I was told by DUX that their warranty is 5 yrs although Bunnings who distribute say 7. Have cut off the solar and put in a normal heater for $1000!

I might add that although I did write to Dux letting them know, never even got the courtesy of a reply. Would steer well clear of this company and their products. Built to give up working after 5 years. See other reviews with similar ;problems.I notice other people got a standard reply from Dux promising nothing! I did not even get that.Hi Valbletch, we apologise that you have not had a response to this review. If you would like to discuss this further, please email us on feedback@dux.com.au. Please use reference number PRW302 Regards Dux After Sales.

Awful and doesnt fail to fail every winter

Weve had the Sunpro 170FNS system fixed now for the 4th time in 2 years apparently caused by the frost. Response from Dux "oh you must live in an area with frost? expect your system to fail then" Ridiculous!!!!!!! almost all of Australia suffers from frost during the winter - I say that Dux should be taken to Consumer Affairs for the fact they do not supply systems 'fit for purpose'! Hope you (DUX) pull out of the Australian market ASAP since you are not selling products fit for Australian conditions.

dux sux

Nothing but problems, this system has suffered breakdowns and repairs , summer and winter. All the same issues as other disgruntled purchasers. Valves, pumps, exploding pipes, goes on and on, corroding solar panels, and no recourse 20 days outside warranty.we have disconnected 5 years after installation, and now it works perfectly, thanks gas, dux sux, don't buy it!

Hi Robyn, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW235, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Problems are beginning

We built a new home via McDonald Jones and moved in, in March 2013. Our system started to show signs of issues in November 2014. I called dux they assured me that the issue at the time wasn't one and that what the system was doing was completely normal. Two weeks ago the system crapped itself. I called dux, the system is now out of warranty. They advised that the system had been recalled in October 2013, I had not been notified by them or Mac J. They sent a tech out to install the new hot logic which was apparently the recall issue a week and a half ago. The same day the new hot logic was replaced within hours of the tech leaving the system tripped out the power in the house. Yesterday, Tuesday 2nd June I have no hot water and the system is out again not even two weeks after the part was installed. This unit cost a bomb and obviously only has a short warranty because the system has issues and is well below par and what I expected. I am extremely unhappy. Do your research, don't buy this system. What are you going to do about it dux??????????

Hi Bec, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW231, please include your 12 digit serial number.

Moisture within the hot water Solar Panels

I have asked the question as to the moisture within the Solar panels.
Response was "Yes it is normal to have moisture within the Panels"
If this is the case then the panels would not be working to their full capacity. A very large amount of their heating energy would be given off removing/evaporating the moisture/water would it not.?? This is the second set with the same problem. First time it was asked about the problem the answer was "No the panels should not have moisture in them" so they were replaced. The second set of panels were installed by a different firm. The firm that originally confirmed that there was moisture in the first set...? My gas bill has gone up due to a greater amount of consumption due to the panels not working to their best capacity. So much for support when you buy a product in good faith.

Hi Bill, Dux Manufacturing Limited would like to look into this further for you, please email feedback@dux.com.au, please provide the serial number of your hot water system and use reference number PRW206. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Trust but Verify

Have a 4 year old Dux Sunpro Gas assisted Solar system and it has a checkered history. Was installed as part of a new build by builder's plumber. You get a signed compliance sheet saying everything works but average home owners would not be able to verify that the solar assist function is working unless they take special steps to check.

In our case we trusted it was installed and was operating correctly. Just because we had hot water doesn't mean the Solar function is working - you always get hot water from the instantaneous gas heater on the outlet of the tank. To check Solar assist is occurring you either need to remove the control cover and read status codes/displays or know which are the 'up and down' pipes to the solar panel and feel and hear that the circulating pump is working and that the return line is hot (on a sunny day of course).

For us the temp sensor in the Solar panels was faulty from day one so no solar boost was activated, so the circulating pump was never commanded to turn on which ultimately meant the pump seized. Didn't find it during the Builder's fix period and didn't find it during the manufacturer's paltry one year warranty period (ie) neither party wanted to own the problem after we found it.

Paid a local plumber to replace the sensor on the roof ($160) and I dismantled the circulating pump and freed the impeller and reinstalled so then worked OK.

Ours is now playing up again with the gas burner not firing up - paid a lot of money to get a plumber out to tell me the unit was shot and I should pay them $3K to replace it . I said I'll get back to them and then went out pulled the control board out and reseated all the connections and fixed it. (See pending review on Metropolitan Plumbing poor service quality shortly)

Would I recommend one of these units .... no ... for the cost of the unit and the limited warranty period I don't think the payback rate on energy savings are there to be had. They take up a lot off space and are an eyesore if you are in a courtyard living situation. I would recommend a simple instantaneous gas hws bolted onto the wall for a 1/3 the price and a lot less grief.

If you feel you are letting the environment down for not going solar then with the money you save not buying and maintaining one of these - donate that to a green cause of your choice.

Hi, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW159, please include your 6 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Not working after less than 3 years!

My gas bosted solar hot water system has been playing up for a few years. First time was only months after it was just over a one year old. Now just less than 2 1/2 years old parts have rusted. It is not good enough. Apparently part I'm having issue with is not covered for more than one year. For a product that costs around $3000 this no good enough! I'm not happy at all and want a solution that is not going to cost me as it should be covered for at least 5 years....

Hi Rebecca, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW150, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales

Dux Solar 26

Have had unit for 5 years and spent over $600 dollars in repairs previously had a rheem gas water heater lasted 20 years never spent a cent on it was still working when i replaced it with this unit. (big mistake)

Hi Marco, We are sorry to hear of your experience and would like to investigate further. Please email Dux on feedback@dux.com.au and give a brief description of the problem. Include your name, address and phone number so that we can contact you quickly. Please also include the 12 digit serial number of your hot water system. Please make note your reference number is PRW136. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Bigest Lemon I Have Ever Bought

Hi
Bigest Lemon I Have Ever Bought
I have a Sunpro endurance26 plus model GK2620
I got a plumber to replace my Frost protection valve 18 months ago at the price of over $300 and it has broken again that’s only one and a half winters
I am discussed at how long they last and the price they are and not to mention the cost of the water usage before realizing it pouring out into the gutter and when I say pouring out I mean pouring out it would have cost me over $900 in waste water. Not to mention the relief valve sticking and also wasted water and more money
Do you have a product that lasts 10 years with warranty because I feel paying over $300 every 18 months disgusting and a rip off
Disgruntled customer
Malcolm Nugent
None
The fact that I have probably spent more on parts and wasted water on what the unit cost me

Hi, We would like to investigate further. Please email Dux on feedback@dux.com.au and give a brief description of the problem. Include your name, address and phone number so that we can contact you quickly. Please also include the 12 digit serial number of your hot water system. Please make note your reference number is PRW063. Thanks Dux After Sales.I am currently waiting for another frost valve to be replaced.. So far, I'm up to frost valve number 5 in 6 years and have had 3 lots of solar panels installed. I don't doubt the reliability of the water service but I do doubt Dux's ability to source quality solar accessories.Hi nrich77, We would like to investigate further. Please email Dux on feedback@dux.com.au and give a brief description of the problem. Include your name, address and phone number so that we can contact you quickly. Please also include the 12 digit serial number of your hot water system. Please make note your reference number is PRW064. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Good for the first 2 years

We have been having an intermittent problem with our sun pro gas boosted solar hot water. For no apparent reason you turn on the hot water tap and get hot water, five minutes later you turn it on and get cold water, turn it off, five minutes later you get hot water again. Although, now when the hot water graces us with it's presence, it's more warm, than hot.

I rang 1300 365 115 yesterday and provided the model and serial number only to be told it was out of warranty. I was given the local tech's number who is willing to look at it in the next couple of weeks. We have 6 children and two adults who need hot water daily.

Essentially, I;m thinking that these problems should not manifest when the unit is only 3 years old. The unit it replaced lasted 20 years before it needed replacing.

I'd be appreciative if you could consider exploring our problem under warranty
Worked for the first 2 years well
Only works sometimes now

Hi, We would like to investigate further. Please email Dux on feedback@dux.com.au and give a brief description of the problem. Include your name, address and phone number so that we can contact you quickly. Please also include the 12 digit serial number of your hot water system. Please make note your reference number is PRW014 Thanks Dux After Sales.Unfortunately, despite responding to the above comment fromDUX, they did not get back to me - which seems to be the case with some other reviewers with problems with DUX. My next port of call is Dept of Fair trading. Regards, ColC'mon Dux - reading the reviews on this site alone must cause you to think it is time to save any reputation you have left. Simply put - help out your valuable customers - without us, you don't have a company.

This Rubbiesh product fitted by my Billder I paide for this RUBBISH $6200.00 after for month of used no hot water I paid $206.00 for Dux plumber as he told me nothing wrong with it but problem is still continue during coludy weather I have to manually switch on and off power then it's works after another six month another issue making noise and continue water dumping call Dux help centre they sent their Agent/ plumber came find out problem with sensor cable its cost me around more than $400.00 because it's not covered in warranty it's just less then two years old is anyone have idea if I go for consumer care for help?
It's worth going to ACCC - the more complaints that are made about this garbage product, the better the chances are that Dux will do something about it. Unfortunately, that is the problem with systems like this - the only thing that carries a decent warranty is the tank/cylinder. Also, Dux has been bought out by a Japanese manufacturer, so not sure what the new owners will do, if anything.

Installing the Sunpro gas boosted solar hot water system was a big mistake. This system doesn't work. The hot water is from the gas boost only. Dux are not interested and tell me to call a plumber. Plumbers want a hefty call out fee and I don't have a great deal of faith in them as most of the time they don't know what the are talking about. Would love to change the tank to something else. Any recommendations?
Hi Graham Yes I too have been ripped off by 2 plumbers on my Sunpro one plumber charged me $360 on a frost protection valve and also the plumber who installed the unit. I then went to Anything solar who deals in all solar things and he came to fix the circuit board and said some of the pipes and valves are installed incorrect and he only charged me $125 for the same frost protection valve and his labour rates were reasonable and now the water temp is constant. all I can suggest is to get a solar expert. Good LuckHi Graham, in order for Dux to be able to help answer your question, please advise model number and age of the hot water system. Do you know if there are any lights flashing on the hotlogic module? If you could please advise this, we can advise further. Thanks Dux Hot Water.

we have a dux sunpro 170 solar hot water system it has never worked properly since we brought the house in 2007 brand new house had gas man come out and say nothing wrong with it that's how they work now we have to light the pilot light it heats the tank up and the pilot light goes out and we have to light it again why is it doing this?
Hi. Really you should run your problem by Dux. They were very helpful with fixing mine. Turned our it was the computer mother board had died in mine.Hi Naomi, The pilot light should not be continually going out, please send a email to feedback@dux.com.au, please provide a brief description of the issue you are having, please also include your serial number of the hot water system. Once we receive this information a representative from Dux will be in contact with you to discuss further. Thanks Dux Hot Water.Hi Naomi, I am sorry i dont't know the answer but as we talk we arrived home from holiday yesterday and now we have no hot water either with the solar or the gas back up working and all we did was turn the mains water off as we were away for 5 weeks and didn't want to use water while away, all I can suggest to tell your friends not to buy DUX. Good luck naomi

Similar listings