Dux Sunpro Gas Solar DN15DT2DC

Dux Sunpro Gas Solar DN15DT2DC

WilliamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

8 years old and completely stuffed.

Unit has been crap from day one but bearable. Solar panels started leaking after a frost in 2016. been on the roof a couple times to stop the leak. Had enough of it leaking in May '19 and got the solar panels disconnected. Now on a cold Winters night I discover the hot water is non existent. I go out and the pilot light will not stay on when I release the pilot button. Gas central heating works a treat still so it's not the gas supply.

Purchased in January 2011.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
Dux C.Dux

Chris

ChrisPortland

Absolute Rubbish

Like the other review , I also live in Portland Victoria and have had nothing but trouble from our Dux solar water heater . First it was a split tank ( under warranty ) but I had to pay labour , then the controller went which drained the tank 5 times ( and we are on rainwater ) , then a pressure valve had to be bypassed , then a thermostat and now the controller has gone again . Only found this site while looking for a reliable replacement . By the way , before we moved here we had 3 hotwater systems at the old place . The first 2 were Dux ( split tank ) third and last a Rheem ..Never got a satisfactory reply from Dux on any of the problems .Steer clear of any Dux products.

Date PurchasedNov 2010
Mal

MalPortland

same as DUX EcoSmart, do not buy it, fails about every 2 years with $1200 bill to change controller

I have sent the complaint through to consumer affairs on two occasions and I'm waiting to hear back from them Dux now another two years later ....we had replaced one EcoSmart system at their cost but after 2 years the controller and diverter valve needed replacing $1200 so I paid for it and another two years later the controller and diverter valve have failed again Portland Victoria. If you need reliability do not go DUX. If DUX assist with the complaint that is with consumer affairs I will consider changing this review BUT I am so frustrated that I have already temporarily bought a separate system until this issue is resolved so I've already spent $1,250 on another TEMP NON SOLAR system until this one is sorted.

Date PurchasedJun 2014
JJAB

JJABGeelong

What an amazing relief

It will be the last review on this product. I have sold 1 property that had 1 dux ( total tank replacement). And now the one at my house after numerous call outs, repair costs had finally packed it in. Totally rusted, I’d show the photos if I could upload them. Even though I’m out of pocket again, I’m sure you know which unit I didn’t purchase.

Date PurchasedOct 2011

hayley

hayleyvictoria

what a joke!

Dux H.Dux

Hi Hayley, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW305, please include your 12 digit serial number. Regards Dux After Sales.

Paula

Paula

Big mistake

Please do your homework before you buy a Dux solar hot water. 13 months and no hot water was told to switch power switch on and off. No good still cold. After sales service was terrible, call centre girl was heartless didn't care the product was out of warranty didn't care. Couple weeks out wow. You buy an expensive product expecting to last at least 5 years before you have to worry about maintenance, pretty bad ah shame on you Dux...

Dux H.Dux

Hi Paula, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW290, please include your 12 digit serial number. Regards Dux After Sales.

xuanlAdelaide

5 year 170FNS pilot keeps going out

Bought a 2011 built house with a Dux Sunpro 170FNS solar hot water system. Pilot kept going out for 6-7 times in last two weeks. Called in a plumber to check it and got the suggestion to replace thermostat, gas valve and thermocouple at cost of $800-$900 parts and labour. Shouldn't such hot water system generally work well for about 10 years?

Dux H.Dux

Hi Xuanl, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW284, please include your 12 digit serial number.
Regards Dux After Sales.

DUX 170 LITRE FNS SOLAR WATER HEATER

Installed 8 years ago when house was built. The tank has split leaking water. Went to replace and it is $2300 from Bunnings for solar type and not the same model!!! Will never buy DUX again. I was told by DUX that their warranty is 5 yrs although Bunnings who distribute say 7. Have cut off the solar and put in a normal heater for $1000!

valbletch

I might add that although I did write to Dux letting them know, never even got the courtesy of a reply. Would steer well clear of this company and their products. Built to give up working after 5 years. See other reviews with similar ;problems.

valbletch

I notice other people got a standard reply from Dux promising nothing! I did not even get that.

Dux H.Dux

Hi Valbletch, we apologise that you have not had a response to this review. If you would like to discuss this further, please email us on feedback@dux.com.au.
Please use reference number PRW302
Regards
Dux After Sales.

Joe Way

Joe WayBendigo

Awful and doesnt fail to fail every winter

Weve had the Sunpro 170FNS system fixed now for the 4th time in 2 years apparently caused by the frost. Response from Dux "oh you must live in an area with frost? expect your system to fail then" Ridiculous!!!!!!! almost all of Australia suffers from frost during the winter - I say that Dux should be taken to Consumer Affairs for the fact they do not supply systems 'fit for purpose'! Hope you (DUX) pull out of the Australian market ASAP since you are not selling products fit for Australian conditions.

dux sux

Nothing but problems, this system has suffered breakdowns and repairs , summer and winter. All the same issues as other disgruntled purchasers. Valves, pumps, exploding pipes, goes on and on, corroding solar panels, and no recourse 20 days outside warranty.we have disconnected 5 years after installation, and now it works perfectly, thanks gas, dux sux, don't buy it!

Dux H.Dux

Hi Robyn, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW235, please include your 12 digit serial number.
Thanks Dux After Sales.

Bec Hines

Bec HinesMuswellbrook

Problems are beginning

Dux H.Dux

Hi Bec, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW231, please include your 12 digit serial number.

Moisture within the hot water Solar Panels

Dux H.Dux

Hi Bill, Dux Manufacturing Limited would like to look into this further for you, please email feedback@dux.com.au, please provide the serial number of your hot water system and use reference number PRW206.
Thanks Dux After Sales.

Trust but Verify

Dux H.Dux

Hi, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW159, please include your 6 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales.

RebeccaBruce

RebeccaBruceMelbourne

Not working after less than 3 years!

My gas bosted solar hot water system has been playing up for a few years. First time was only months after it was just over a one year old. Now just less than 2 1/2 years old parts have rusted. It is not good enough. Apparently part I'm having issue with is not covered for more than one year. For a product that costs around $3000 this no good enough! I'm not happy at all and want a solution that is not going to cost me as it should be covered for at least 5 years....

Dux H.Dux

Hi Rebecca, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW150, please include your 12 digit serial number.
Thanks Dux After Sales

Dux Solar 26

Have had unit for 5 years and spent over $600 dollars in repairs previously had a rheem gas water heater lasted 20 years never spent a cent on it was still working when i replaced it with this unit. (big mistake)

Malcolm NugentWodonga

Bigest Lemon I Have Ever Bought

nrich77
nrich77

BlayneyColBlayney

• Selected Review

Good for the first 2 years

BlayneyCol

Unfortunately, despite responding to the above comment fromDUX, they did not get back to me - which seems to be the case with some other reviewers with problems with DUX. My next port of call is Dept of Fair trading. Regards, Col

BlayneyCol

C'mon Dux - reading the reviews on this site alone must cause you to think it is time to save any reputation you have left. Simply put - help out your valuable customers - without us, you don't have a company.

Mate

Mateasked

This Rubbiesh product fitted by my Billder I paide for this RUBBISH $6200.00 after for month of used no hot water I paid $206.00 for Dux plumber as he told me nothing wrong with it but problem is still continue during coludy weather I have to manually switch on and off power then it's works after another six month another issue making noise and continue water dumping call Dux help centre they sent their Agent/ plumber came find out problem with sensor cable its cost me around more than $400.00 because it's not covered in warranty it's just less then two years old is anyone have idea if I go for consumer care for help?

Sean B
Sean B

It's worth going to ACCC - the more complaints that are made about this garbage product, the better the chances are that Dux will do something about it.
Unfortunately, that is the problem with systems like this - the only thing that carries a decent warranty is the tank/cylinder.
Also, Dux has been bought out by a Japanese manufacturer, so not sure what the new owners will do, if anything.

Graham

Grahamasked

Installing the Sunpro gas boosted solar hot water system was a big mistake. This system doesn't work. The hot water is from the gas boost only. Dux are not interested and tell me to call a plumber. Plumbers want a hefty call out fee and I don't have a great deal of faith in them as most of the time they don't know what the are talking about. Would love to change the tank to something else. Any recommendations?

Hi Graham
Yes I too have been ripped off by 2 plumbers on my Sunpro one plumber charged me $360 on a frost protection valve and also the plumber who installed the unit.
I then went to Anything solar who deals in all solar things and he came to fix the circuit board and said some of the pipes and valves are installed incorrect and he only charged me $125 for the same frost protection valve and his labour rates were reasonable and now the water temp is constant.
all I can suggest is to get a solar expert. Good Luck

Dux H.Dux

Hi Graham, in order for Dux to be able to help answer your question, please advise model number and age of the hot water system. Do you know if there are any lights flashing on the hotlogic module? If you could please advise this, we can advise further.
Dux Hot Water.

Naomi marsh

Naomi marshasked

we have a dux sunpro 170 solar hot water system it has never worked properly since we brought the house in 2007 brand new house had gas man come out and say nothing wrong with it that's how they work now we have to light the pilot light it heats the tank up and the pilot light goes out and we have to light it again why is it doing this?

BlayneyCol

Hi. Really you should run your problem by Dux. They were very helpful with fixing mine. Turned our it was the computer mother board had died in mine.

Dux H.Dux

Hi Naomi, The pilot light should not be continually going out, please send a email to feedback@dux.com.au, please provide a brief description of the issue you are having, please also include your serial number of the hot water system. Once we receive this information a representative from Dux will be in contact with you to discuss further.
Dux Hot Water.

Malcolm Nugent

Hi Naomi, I am sorry i dont't know the answer but as we talk we arrived home from holiday yesterday and now we have no hot water either with the solar or the gas back up working and all we did was turn the mains water off as we were away for 5 weeks and didn't want to use water while away, all I can suggest to tell your friends not to buy DUX.
Good luck naomi

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

CategorySolar Water Heaters