Dux Sunpro

74 questions from our users

Michael Keaneasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

Hi, can I use my hot water heater will the solar panels are being serviced.

GDAY Michael
I'm only guessing but I think you would have to get a plumber to bypass the panels
Have you asked the company doing the service?
Good luck

Thank you.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for raising this question.

You will be able to get limited hot water via element. Your plumber will need to disconnect the flow and return lines to the collectors at the tank, power off the solar module (this is the controller and pump) and you will have 1/2 the tank capacity available by element as it is located 1/2 way up the tank. You will need to take that into consideration, only 157L will be available at a time via element.

Peter R

Peter Rasked

Sunpro

I have a solar gas sunpro system how do I turn the temperature up in it. Thanks you

disgruntled

Gday Peter have you got a manual for the system?, if not try downloading one from the internet.
This may tell you. However, all hot water systems are now fitted with tempering valves which mix the hot water from the system with cold to give water at a controlled safe temperature i.e. not scalding hot. This may be playing up, get it checked by a local plumber perhaps. Otherwise the system may not be working. If you read previous posts I described how to find out what controller your system uses and how to download a manual for this. Hopefully the controller has a diagnostic system built in which will show you what is happening, but you need the manual for the controller to do this.
Otherwise you can check that the gas booster is working by turning on a hot tap and seeing if the booster fires up. This is clear because hot exhaust gas will come out the exhaust on the front pf the booster.
Check that you are getting some solar gain from the roof panels by carefully touching the copper pipe from the tank to the pump, this comes down from the roof and into the side of the control box on the front of the main tank. If its sunny this should be warm to hot and you can feel the pump vibrating slightly.
If it's been sunny for a while the main tank should be at a significantly higher temperature than the ambient air, check this by carefully touching the hot water supply pipe to the booster at the top of the tank, it should be quite warm to hot.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for raising your question.

The temperature of the system is fixed and not adjustable. There is a Tempering Valve downstream of the system (orange-capped valve) that will need to be cleaned and serviced or replaced by your plumber.

Please let us know at help@dux.com.au if we can help you further.

Darrenasked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

Just in the last couple of weeks there has been low pressure from the hot water tap (system) seems to surge a little bit. We have good cold water pressure. I have checked the hot logic controller, power led green, sensors led green, outputs led off.
Any thoughts as to what the issue is

Sorry Darren I don’t have any experience with this system
Maybe it’s a tempering valve issue

Darren

Thank you I will investigate this valve

Hi Darren,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and we would like to resolve this issue for you.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, model number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Sean L.asked

Sunpro

I have a dulux sunpro and am noticing spikes of power usage at times such as 3am of 3.5-4.5kw. We just had a Cloudy day and didn’t have any hot water from lunch time. Even on a sunny day we tend to run out of hot water after bathing the child and doing the dishes at night. We felt both copper pipes that go up to the panels and both were cold or close to cold (in the middle of a day with panels in full sun light)Is this expected? I also don’t think I have ever heard the pump run... should I?
Is there something I can test? I am a sparky but not much experience with solar Hot water.

Hi Sean
If you have a full tank of hot water then on a sunny day the system pump won’t run because the temperature in the tank is too high
See my previous posts about how to download a manual for the control module
This will have a fault finding chart
You can roughly check tank temperature by carefully touching the inlet or outlet pipes to the tank After a few hours of sun it should be quite warm even verging on too hot to touch

Sean L.

I shall look for the manual thanks. Even on a hot day the pipes coming from the roof are basically cold. I will follow the manual. Cheers

Sean L.

Disgruntled I am having trouble finding this manual. I have a model dulux HotLogic H3201 have u aren’t this manual in your travels?

Jeffers W.

Jeffers W.asked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

Hello I have a Dux Sunpro model 4F1635 and it has worked well up until this point. The middle roof panel of 3 panels (7 pipe/ 2.01 metres X 1.01 metre panel) developed a leak after a heavy frost. It is a sinple fracture of the top PVC pipe intersecting with the first heating pipe.
Can this fracture be fixed or does the panel need to be replaced (Hopefully still available.)

Sorry Without seeing it I couldn’t say
Have you tackled DUX with this?

Hi Jeffers,

Our team would like to speak with you at your earliest convenience so we can get this sorted.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Jijo J.

Jijo J.asked

could someone knows how to relight the pilot light ox DUX Sun Pro
TIA
JJ

Hi Jijo,

Thanks for your question.

The instructions for lighting the unit are located on the back of the access panel that you remove to light the unit.

Steveasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

I have a Sunpro 3f136S and at night it has started to make a high pitch squeeling noise (like an alarm buzzer sounding) It is not present during the day (night temps 5-8oC) I go to the unit and it is very noticable - producing great hot water annoying buzz the last 3 days what could be happening??

Hi Steve
Sorry I don’t know
Maybe the pressure release valve is leaking slightly check the outlet pipe to see if water is escaping

Steve

thank you I ll check Is that the air relief valve on the collector plates?

Steve

The relief valve at the tank is OK

arthur l.

arthur l.asked

Sunpro

alarm on heater operates in night hours

Hi Arthur
Have you got a manual for the heater?
This may help you
Apart from that I don’t know

Hi Arthur,

We are sorry to hear about your experience but could you please provide your full name, productreview username, best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Also the description of the alarm you are hearing.

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for sending through your product details.

This noise may possibly be caused by an anti-frost valve fitted to the collectors, they are usually silent in operation, noise might indicate that the valve is starting to fail.

Please have your plumber replace it with part # H8029.

Andrew T.

Andrew T.asked

Sunpro 4F136S (Storage Tank)

what is the replacement tank for the above serial number?
it leacks from the bottom of the tank

Hi Andrew,

The replacement tank is 400DPM36.

Please contact Dux Technical Support on 1300 365 115 Option 3 when installing as there will be a parameter change required on the controller.

zakalia

zakaliaasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

where can I get Anode Dux 3F136S ?

Hi Zakalia,

It's our pleasure to answer your question.

You can purchase any parts from local plumbing stores like Bunnings, Reece , Plumber supplier
or Plumbers co-op.

If you need any help please call us on 1300 365 115.

zakalia

zakaliaasked

where can I get Anode for Dux 3F136S ? Thanks

gday Zak
have you tried a Plumbing supply company like Benton's
cheers

Hi Zakalia,

It's our pleasure to answer your question.

or Plumbers co-op.

If you need any help please call us on 1300 365 115.

Thanh Dung N.

Thanh Dung N.asked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

Water is only hot enough for shower without mixing cold water. How can I make water more hot? Thanks

Hi Thanh,

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back and talk through the issue?

Gday Thanh
If this is a solar model, I'd start by finding the exact model of the "solar controller module" which runs the unit.
To do this requires removing the main cover over this controller and the pump.

See my previous posts on the safe way to do this.

Once you have the cover off find the make and model of the controller and go on line to download the full PDF instruction manual (if you can find one)
Read this and use the fault finding chart to pinpoint the likely cause.
cheers

Andrew W.

Andrew W.asked

Sunpro

Hello I have a 4f136e eco smart solar hot water system. It’s a hot day and my tank water is cold but my pipes and roof panels are very hot .I tried to bleed air out of panels got only a slight bit of air .I can hear and feel your pump working does that mean it is pumping water or free spinning. Please help I have six dirty kids . Thank you Andrew

Hi Andrew
I’m not familiar with your model of heater
If you’ve got a manual has it got a fault finding chart?
Can you see the readout on the controller module?
Have you got a local sparky you trust?
If so get him/her to have a look as removing the cover exposes live connections. Don’t do this yourself
Once you’ve got the cover off get the make and model of the controller and download the factory manual from the net
Read it carefully it wii probably tell you how to diagnose the fault as these are smart controllers and the readout May display fault conditions
Your sparky should do this as you have to turn the power back on to the controller.

Hi Andrew,

We have limited staff working over the holiday period and may take a little longer than normal to respond to your issue.

Michael W.

Michael W.asked

I’m in TAREE 2430. How much would I expect to pay for a tank please

Naveen
Naveen

Terrible product, take it to the tip ASAP.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your question.

Just to inform you that Dux do not sell our units direct to the public but all of our units are available to purchase from plumbing merchants.

Here are the merchants which are close to your area for you to contact and obtain a price and order from:

Bunnings Taree= 02 6591 2500
Reece Taree= 02 5594 7710
Tradelink Taree= 02 6537 9500
Hot Water Maintenance Taree= 1300 130 060 (they can do supply and install)

Let us know if you still have other concerns.

Mickasked

Sunpro 4F136S (Storage Tank)

I have a Dux 4F136S 415lt tank with 3 solar panel, built 6/2009 so over 10 years old and just started leaking. Can a new tank only be purchased? We’ve been very happy with the system an think 10 years from the tank is what should be expected.

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your inquiry Mick.

The replacement tank is a 400DPM36, this is a dedicated solar tank with sensors, controller and pump built on at the factory, it also includes a solar Tempering valve.

Let us know if you need some help identifying where to buy one.

Mick

Yes please, help, where do you buy one out Narellan, NSW.

Hi Mick,

You can order the 400L Dux Ecosmart Solar tank from Parramatta Hot Water on 9630 6683 or Australian Hot Water (Macarthur) on 1300 132 113.

Thanks for your support.

Lauren B.

Lauren B.asked

Sunpro

We have a hotlogic box which is flashing red on the output. We have to turn the unit off to restart the unit. We have to restart the unit every night. Is this a simple fix?? Has a sensor gone?

Hi Lauren,

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Our team would like to resolve this for you. If you can email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au we would greatly appreciate it.

Clinton Pasked

Hi,

Is electric boost independent form the hot logic controller?
My off peak electricity usage went through the roof last quarter (winter).
So i've installed a smart switch with power meter on the hot logic circuit and it dosnet seems to be running the pump.
Its only consuming 0.5-0.6 watts.
We still have hot water but it also dosent seems to be running as well as for the last few months.

Clinton

Hi Clinton,

We would like to check and resolve this issue as soon as we can.

So we can locate your details easier can you email through your full name (state this username), best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au?

Clinton P

Thanks I'll email it through.

Hi Clinton,

The element is independent to hot logic circuit, it is usually marked 'hot water' or 'HWS' in the meter box.

The hot logic circuit needs to have power available at all times, not switched on or off. The pump itself consumes 22W.

As checked, we haven't received any email from you. Could you email it through so we can get in touch to discuss further.

Samasked

Hello,
I just received huge water bill and it was discovered that anti frost valve on solar panels is leaking
Living in Melbourne is it necessary to have this valve installed?
How much does it cost to replace?

Dux H.Dux

Hi Sam,

The DN15DS has a drain down feature that does not require the installation of frost valves.

Your plumber or one of our Service Agents (please call 1300 365 115 Option 2 to book a call) will be able to remove the frost valve and seal off the connection.

Please email us to help@dux.com.au for any concerns.

Samasked

Hello,
I have Dux Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas) with solar panels.
Recently I received huge water and it turn that I have water leak through
Anti frost valve
Is it nesassary to have it replace it if we live in Melbourne?
How much it cost to replace the valve?

Hi Sam,

Thanks for raising that question.

Can you email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can answer it for you.

Many thanks,

Darryl Y.

Darryl Y.asked

Sunpro

What should I do with my electric boosted dux hot water heater in winter when I am away on holiday for 3 months.. We live in a frost zone in Barossa Valley Sth Australia

Hi Darryl,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your full name (state this username as well), phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

Hi Darryl,

Please ensure that the power to the solar module is left turned on at the power point, this will allow the solar module to circulate water to the collectors, providing frost protection.

The element can be powered on, but it should be powered back on a minimum of 24hrs before first use (perhaps arrange this with a neighbour), this is to ensure that the water is sanitized in accordance with AS3498.

Also run the taps to bleed any hydrogen out of the tank, ensure that there are no sources of ignition when this is occurring.

For any concerns, you can email directly help@dux.com.au.

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives