Dux Sunpro

Dux Sunpro Questions & Answers (page 2 of 4)

DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas), 4F136S (Storage Tank), DL15DS(Storage Tank,LPG), etc...

75 questions from our users

Darryl Y.

Darryl Y.asked

Sunpro

What should I do with my electric boosted dux hot water heater in winter when I am away on holiday for 3 months.. We live in a frost zone in Barossa Valley Sth Australia

Hi Darryl,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your full name (state this username as well), phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

Hi Darryl,

Please ensure that the power to the solar module is left turned on at the power point, this will allow the solar module to circulate water to the collectors, providing frost protection.

The element can be powered on, but it should be powered back on a minimum of 24hrs before first use (perhaps arrange this with a neighbour), this is to ensure that the water is sanitized in accordance with AS3498.

Also run the taps to bleed any hydrogen out of the tank, ensure that there are no sources of ignition when this is occurring.

For any concerns, you can email directly help@dux.com.au.

Rod Beerasked

Sunpro 4F136S (Storage Tank)

please tell me how much per hour / day this model is costing to operate. off peak 3 hours @ 20.20c , peak 3 hours @38.13. deciding if its time to upgrade or not. also have 3 panel solar

Hi Rod,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your best contact number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

SUNPRO 4F136S SERIAL 0707107410
9 Francis Elliot Crt Bundalong 3730 VIC 0447 114404

Hi Rod,

Thanks for providing the details and raising the question.

There are no precise figures available on the running costs of an electric boosted solar water heater as there are too many variables.

Factors such as the location of the system, the orientation and pitch of the collectors, variations in UV radiation (which is what provides the heat input), hot water usage patterns as well as what is charged per kW/hr by your energy provider meant that even an average kW figure per day is difficult to give.

As the tank is boosted for 1/2 the storage volume only, worst case scenario there is little to zero UV input and the boosted volume of 200L is used in a 24hr period, 11.6 kW of energy will be consume heating up that volume to 60 Deg

Helen

Helenasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

3F136S Running out of hot water after a wash up and one shower.

Hi Helen,

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Our team would like to resolve this for you. If you can email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au we would greatly appreciate it.

tonyasked

Sunpro 2FN26A (Storage Tank)

My panel blows out brass stopper on cnr off copper pipe during winter when really cold why and is this normal.why not have a pressure relief valve of some sort tony

Hi Tony,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

tony

Tony Perre 4 empress crt Mawson lakes south Australia gk2620 model roof panel 0412506110

tonyasked

Sunpro 2FN26A (Storage Tank)

My panel keeps blowing out the brass stopper on each cnr once during winter.why is this

Ewan

Ewanasked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

Once again it winter and it has stopped working last winter it cost 300 which was cheapper than the 500 prior. No it has stopped does not seem to run through start up program and has continual red flashing light. worst product l have ever brought has cost me double its value in repair in six years we have had it and its suppost to be saving us money.

Hi Ewan,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and really hope we can resolve your issues.

So we can locate your details easier can you email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au?

Greg P

Greg Pasked

Sunpro

The hot water pressure inside the house has dropped significantly to a point where you can't run two tapes simultaneously. Is this something that is serviceable or am I better spending money to replace a 13 year old unit??

Hi Greg,

Thanks for raising that question.

But would you be able to email through your full name (state this username), best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can answer it for you.

Alan C.asked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

After a day of cloudy weather we have no hot water next morning as the gas booster is not working.
I can get the booster to fire up after turning the power off for about 30 seconds.
What is wrong with the unit, does it need a component replaced. As well as this,the frost valve has decided to toss it in with water pouring out everywhere. I have temporary capped this as I don't want another $500 water bill like when this happen last time. This is very poor for a 4 1/2 year old unit and I feel like lodging a claim with consumers affairs (V cat) because the warranty is useless.

Hi Alan,

So we can locate your details easier can you email through your name (state this username), phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au?

Alan C.

Thank you for your reply. My name is Alan Chalmers,Phone 0418990004, installation address 6 Sundew Cres, Pakenham Vic, Model no.DN15DS & Serial No. 14102950001H
Hope to hear from you soon. Alan C.

Bill

Billasked

Sunpro

I have a hotlogic H3201 controller. When the sun has not been shining for a few days the water goes cold. Not sure if the sensor is not telling the mains power to take over?

Hi Bill,

It's our pleasure to answer your question.

But would you be able to email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can answer it for you.

Hi Bill,

There may not be enough solar gain at your location to heat the water to 60 Deg C (the minimum temperature under AS3498 to sanitize the water from Legionella Bacteria).

Please check that the automatic boost element is turned on.

Davidasked

Sunpro DL15DS(Storage Tank,LPG)

Unit keeps tripping out the safety switch. Is this logic controller issuance. Can a local sparky fix. Don’t want to wait a week again for a technician

Hi David,

Thanks for raising that question.

Can you email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can answer it for you.

Hi David,

Due to the complexity of the product, a local electrician may not be able to correctly diagnose the potential fault.

To save you from calling us, please email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can call you and discuss the issue with you.

David

I rang a few days ago. You were no help.

Barry J.

Barry J.asked

Sunpro

We have a dux sunpro lpg gas boosted system , solar part of the system seems to be working fine. If it gets cloudy, the gas boost system will not cut in. We have had the issue for a while. When it is very cold the gas boost will work but when the ambient temperature is above 7-8 degrees it won’t cut in. Can anyone help with this issue, cheers, Barry

Hi Barry,

It's our pleasure to answer your question.

But would you be able to email through your name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can prepare an answer for you.

Hi Barry,

We would really appreciate if you can send through your details so we can try and resolve this issue for you.

Regards

disgruntledasked

Gday - re 2FN26A unit
how do I check that the solar booster pump is operating? We have full sun (ambient 33) the tank is only just warm and the pump in not working
Any help would be appreciated

Roy

Hi, all I can say is ithe tank heating probably and may be the tank is leaking' in other words our tank stopped producing hot hot water because the tank was leaking.

Thanks Roy
I’ll check this

Hi Disgruntled,

We would suggest booking an inspection and service from one of our Service Agents for your system as there may be more than one factor contributing to a lack of performance.

Please call our After Sales & Service on 1300 365 115 Option 2.

Shane M

Shane Masked

Sunpro

Hi how long should the circulating pump on the hot logic run for before stopping, is it normal to be running constantly?

Roy

When the sun is shining it is normal for the solar unit click in and out during the day. Hope that helps you.

Hi Shane,

There is no set time period that the pump will run. Everything will depend on the temperature of the water in the tank and how hot the collectors are.

When the collectors are 10 deg C hotter than the bottom of the tank, the pump is switched on, circulating hot water from the collectors back into the tank. The pump will keep running until that differential is 2 deg C and the pump shuts off.

This cycle repeats until the tank top reaches 85 deg C or there isn't enough UV input to make the 10 Deg C differential.

CJUngerasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

I tryed to buy one to day as the tank is now leaking just under 10 years and told there would be aweek delay thankd DUX.Were do you get them ? who has them in stock?

Mac

I am sorry but I can't answer as to where to buy them Try on the internet. I would stay clear of Dux if I were you'

Hi CJUnger,

May we know what city are you from?

Best Regads,

CJUnger

where can they be purchased in sydney or mosevale who keep them in stock not bunnings there a special order. thanks

cj

Jason

Jasonasked

Sunpro 2FN26A (Storage Tank)

I have a gas boosted sun pro 2007 model the booster work fine the solar isn’t making hot water. The tank had super heated steam when the relief was pulled
Is the pump not circulating?
On the controller the red led is flashing

Mac

I am sorry I can't answer your problem, all I can say to you and others is not to invest in anything that Dux producers.

Hi Jason,

Sorry for any delays, we are back on deck after the Holiday break and will get back to you asap.

FML

FMLasked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

I have a dux sun pro DN15DS with solar aswell it was manufactured 03/08/2012. Yhe unit has stopped heating up the water, I turned it off and back on again and it booted back up, I had hot water for less then 24 hours as it's not working again. I use to hear the solar panel heating it every couple of hours a day it sounded like a jet plane going across my roof but haven't heard it for the last few days. Can anyone help me with this problem? thanks

Roy

Sorry but the unit I have is electric not gas.

Mac

I am sorry but I can't help with your problem, the biggest problem is that of DUX who seem to have a never ending list of problems with their products and will not honour their warranties.

Hi FML,

Sincere apologies - when we were checking past questions we noticed we have not responded to your question. I know it's now a month later, would you still like us to follow through with an answer to your question?

A.Thai

A.Thaiasked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

My hot water tank keeps pumping out water to waste and it has taken more than 40mins. Is this normal? What is happening here? Please help

Roy

I think you may have a problem with your unit. I have had no problems that way with my unit. I would contact Dux and ask them why this is happening.

Yad

Yadasked

Sunpro

Can solar panels be connected to sunpro dux prodigy?

Hi Yad,

Sunpro is our Solar range and Dux Prodigy is our Gas Storage Ranges.

Dux Prodigy products are not designed for connection to solar collectors. Sunpro is the product you need if you want to go Solar. New installations may also receive government STCs - you can read about the current STCs on our website at www.dux.com.au/rebates.

Lyn

Lynasked

Sunpro

I have a 2F136S sun pro i have hot water but no pressure can you help? It is 4 yrs old and was intalled in the house when it was built

Ewan

Ewanasked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

Thanks for advice just replaced burner senor after the logic controller and we have got water and a lit less money but although we have got water if you turn a tap on during shower it goes cold which never happened before and shouldn't so what would cause this. We have dux sunpro solar. This is meant to be our save money period.

Hi Ewan,

We would suggest having a plumber or one of our Service Agents inspect the Tempering valve as that may require servicing or replacement.

A tempering valve needing servicing/adjuistment/replacement could display symptoms similar to what you are describing.

Please note, the DN15DS boosts by gas the top 50L of water in the tank, the balance of the tank is heated by the sun when it is available.

High hot water use might exceed the booter's ability to replenish that 50L.

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives