Dux Sunpro

Dux Sunpro Questions & Answers (page 3 of 4)

DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas), 4F136S (Storage Tank), DL15DS(Storage Tank,LPG), etc...

75 questions from our users

The Lad

The Ladasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

I have a Dux Sun Pro off peak and Solar water heater, the mixer valve is on the way out. Would it harm the system to use it until the valve is compleatly done?
I have been told I can remove the valve, it's unnecessary, then I can go back to scalding pigs with my hot water.

Hi The Lad,

Mac
Mac

Hi mate I am sorry but I have not had a problem of this nature. The best person to speak to would be your local plumber, he should be able to help.

Hi The Lad,

The tempering valve is a mandatory plumbing fixture under Australian Standards AS3500.4.
If this is becoming faulty, the valve needs to be serviced or replaced by a licensed plumber.

dhm60

dhm60asked

Sunpro

I have a +10 year old electric boost unit (3F136S). Recently i have noticed my controlled load 1 electricity consumption has risen. (I have a data feed from the meters to monitor my solar PV array.'s output.). No leaks. I suspect the Hotlogic pump is the problem. The Green LED is on when powered up. The Red LED comes on but I cant hear the pump. Also the solar panel return pipe is not hot on a +28 C day. Any ideas?

Hi dhm60,

Thanks for your enquiry. We'll get back to you shortly.

Ewan

Ewanasked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

Just replaced hot logic box still flashing one red light on sensors what does that mean. Have spent more than what l paid for it on part can you please tell me what problems is this was such a waste of money and it was suppose to save money.

Hi Ewan,

Hi Ewan,

A single red flashing sensor light indicates that the Burner Sensor has been detected as faulty by the Hotlogic Controller.

The replacement part (H0405) is available to order from your local plumbing supply store. A suitably licensed tradesperson will be able to install it.

The fault codes can be found in the Owner's Manual: http://storage.dux.com.au/products/3_owner_manual.pdf

Chris Basked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

My Sunpro 3F136S (6 years old) has suddenly lost almost all water pressure. (Only a dribble comes out of the hot water tap). The cold water to the house is OK.

I opened both PTR's. Hot water flows from both of these at what appears to be good pressure.
Can anyone please help?

Dux H.Dux

Hi Chris, Thanks for your question, our Product Specialist team will get back to you shortly. Best Regards, The Dux Team

Hi Chris,

From the symptoms you have described, it seems that the Solar Tempering Valve (which is fitted to the plumbing) is needing servicing or replacement.

The valve mixes cold water with hot water from the tank to deliver hot water into the house at 50 Deg C to the sanitation areas per AS3500.4

Malfunctioning of the valve can result in variations in temperature and pressure, for safety when the valve fails, it will only supply cold water.

Please contact your plumber or our After Sales and Service on 1300 365 115 Option2 to arrange our Service Agent to attend.

Hi 'Dux Team'

Many thanks for your help. My local plumber replaced the Solar tempering valve as you recommended, and the issue has gone away. In fact I am getting better water pressure from the hot water than ever. Perhaps the original valve was a bit 'Suss'.
Thanks for your prompt advice.

Charlotte

Charlotteasked

Sunpro 2FN26A (Storage Tank)

How do I turn off my solar panels and have my hot water system on gas only?

Hi Charlotte,

Please have your plumber contact Dux Technical support on 1300 365 115 option 3 and they will be guided through the process.

Max
Max

I can't belive that Dux have responded by giving you the number for Technical support to guide your plumber through the process. There is obviously a problem with the panels owtherwise why else would you do this? Poor customer service!
I was told by my plumber (I also have a broken sunpro where panels havent been working for who knows how long) that the lifespan of my unit has been significantly reduced due to the "booster" working overtime to compensate for the failed solar panels. At least i have now found the cause of my high electricity bills. NOT HAPPY DUX!

Alan h

Alan hasked

Sunpro

Hi,my daughter has had a Dux Sunpro Gx 2620 Endurance LPG model for 9 years at it has always used lots of gas but it now uses 90kg per 2 weeks. We have had a Dux service technician and lots of plumbers check it and it is still using lots of gas. We have replaced the manifold on the bottles,new frost valve etc. Any ideas please? She is a single Mum and has low income.
Thanks Alan H

Peter F

Sorry, I have no expertise in this area ...

Hi Alan h,

Hi Alan H,

In regards to your question, gas consumption will normally be higher during winter than in other times of the year. Shower times typically increase during winter, and more energy is needed to heat the water from a colder temperature than during warmer months. There may also be other gas appliances being used, eg like a gas space heater which is also increasing gas use, or there could be a slow gas leak that's draining the bottles faster.

It may otherwise point to an issue with the solar component of the water heating system. In this case, more gas energy could be being consumed as not as much water is being heated by solar energy.

The only way to diagnose this is to have someone come out and inspect the water heater. We'd recommend you call Dux Customer Service on 1300 365 115 to arrange an inspection.

Sssss21asked

Sunpro

Have a Dux 250 litre hot water system it has started leaking but not from the tank but from the cables going into the house. How and what is the best way to fix the problem?

Hi Sssss21,

Hi
Fixed the hose and valve but now have noticed that the tank is leaking from the bottom a slow leak a dribble . It’s only just gone 7 years old

Hi Sssss21,

It's always difficult to diagnose a problem without seeing it, however, if the water is not leaking from the water heater as you've described, you may have a leak in your hot or cold water lines. We suggest turning off the water supply to the house (to stop the leak) and calling your plumber.

If you need assistance in locating a plumber, please call Dux Customer Service on 1300 365 115 and we'll be able to help.

Kevin

Kevinasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

Hi How do I replace a anti frost valve on solar collector panel?
Kevin

Jesse

Go to a different company - Dux do not support there products

Peter F

Never done it, but it’s just a plumbing fitting, so would be pretty straight forward, turn the water off, search which direction it should be facing and tape and tighten, check to make sure it’s not leaking when the weather is warm, they leak under pressure on cold mornings, ( I’m not a plumber so all is ... I guess )

Megan

Meganasked

Sunpro

We have a DUX sunpro electric boosted solar water tank, 10 years old, and the hot water has never been that hot - is there a way to turn the thermostat up?

Yes there is - but I suggest you buy a different brand not DUX

Hoady

Hoadyasked

Sunpro

i have a Dux Marathon sun pro 315t2-36 circulating pump keeps cutting in when no sunon solar panels and at night. Any ideas?

Jesse

Worst customer service I've seen in a company. No warranty - after 2 years a wire went cost me nearly $1000 for new wire. Would never recommend Dux to anyone so I guess I'm not the person to ask

Keith

Keithasked

Sunpro

Hello all I have a dux prodigy 3 sun pro It's approx ten years old now it has been good up until a few month ago at night you can hear the pump turning on and off and it does it to the point you can hear the pipes banging in the roof does anyone have any ideas?

Jesse

Buy a new system but not a Dux they have absolutely no customer support

ALLAN

ALLANasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

Hi, my dux sunpro model 3f136s is leaking water out of the power cable inlet, & I cannot see where its coming from. Can you help please.?

Jim

Hi sorry im not sure how to help you. I haven't dealt with this problem before. Thx

Jesse

We found it needed a new cable but as it was only 3 years old Dux were not at all helpful and refused any assistance. Personally if I built another house I would stay away from any Dux products

CJUnger
CJUnger

Where is Dux Reply.

Tj81

Tj81asked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

I have no hot water how do i check if pilot light is still going?

Jesse

I found Dux useless and if I had the chance I would not revommend them to anyone

Jim

I dont know i think its automatic. It starts up when needed. Jim

Shane

Shaneasked

Sunpro 2FN26A (Storage Tank)

Hi I have a Dux gas backup solar hot water service installed in 2009 I'm having a lot of trouble regulating the water temperature at the shower if I add too much cold water it seems to switch the system off and just cold water comes out if I turn the cold off and leave the hot on it takes a minute or so and then the hot water starts again cannot seem to regulate the temperature to a comfortable level any ideas?

Jim

Hi when we didn't get hot water the plumber replaced the valve that regulated the hot water. He found that the valve was clogged up. Now its working fine. It was a $638 fix!

Merilyn Cini

Merilyn Ciniasked

Sunpro

What would be the problem, when three of us cannot have a shower because the hot water will run out it's solar heating we have only moved into a property. Any ideas?
Thanks merilyn

Dondee
Dondee

Many possible causes - one of, or a mixed combination of:
a) your solar circulating pump is switched off at the HWS, or broken.
b) your Controlled Load or HW supply switch is off at the meter board
c) your tank water level auto-topup is not working and you need to top up the HWS manually; or your top-up valve is permanently open causing cold water to displace hot water from your tank.
d) it's winter - if U live south of the tropics or it's overcast a lot, you won't get much solar incidence. You may even be shaded by a new development adjacent. Then you have to rely on boosting with Controlled Load 1 and it mainly comes on after midnight & your Dux HWS element is actually half way up the tank, so only the top 125L of your 250L is heated at a time when no circulation occurs. Not much slack to play with really.
e) you have HW taps connected to your dishwasher &/or washing machine & are using up your available HW before showering.
f) your HWS thermostat is malfunctioning
g) your solar panel tubes are internally corroded, preventing adequate circulation; or there is an airlock in the roof system
That'll do for a start....

You can check some of these easily yourself. The rest may need a plumber, or if you're a tenant, a complaint to the Landlord.

JJ landman

JJ landmanasked

Sunpro

Water keeps pouring out of this valve . What do I do ? Please help me . My wife is driving me crazy

orlanda
orlanda

From the solar panels on the roof?

stan
stan

You need to replace frost valv

Aaron

Aaronasked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

My unit keeps turning off and not working at all. I turn it off at the wall, turn it back on later, and it starts up, all lights turn green, but as soon as the gas starts to heat it's like it trips and all shuts down again and the lights all go off. What is the problem?

Kev
Kev

Check thermistors

ColdShowers
ColdShowers

Hey Aaron, did you ever get this issue solved, or did you give up?
I think I must have the same issue with my DN15DS: about 15 seconds after the gas booster fires up, all the LED lights in the HotLogic controller go off, the fan stops (basically the system looks like it's had the power cut - that is to say it certainly doesn't look like the controller has decided that the tank is up to the correct temperature and hence cleanly stops the gas burner.)
Bypassing the gas altogether (by initialising the system with the gas off) appears to avoid the periodic power cut, but so far I don't think I've gotten any hot water from the panels, even though the pump is running.
(So far 2 DUX support telephone calls and 2 visits from their recommended local tech haven't yielded a solution - just a replacement diverter valve which made no difference to the issue.)
- ColdShowers

Col
Col

Hi ColdShowers, I'm having the exact same issue. Did you find the issue?

Ianasked

Sunpro

I have a Dux Hot Logic Controller H3201 on a 31litre tank 3S136E. I am getting no hot water from the solar panel and have to turn the electric booster on to heat the tank.
The controller lights show that it is working normally and I can feel a slight hum from the pump.
The pump has 60v ac to it and the sensors show about 1.5v dc across each.
The relief valve works normally and there is no air in the tank when the valve is released.
Anybody able to diagnose this fault?
I have not been on the roof t the collector, but there is no water dripping down.

Ian

That is a 315 litre tank, and retesting later gave 250v for the pump.

Ian

Maybe I got this fixed. I certainly hope so. Having received a zero response, I removed the controller and opened up the pump. The pump and its inlet and outlet sides was clogged with calcium. Spent a few happy hours with hot water, hydrochloric acid solution and a pick cleaning it all out. When I could not get any more loose bits, I put it all back together, pressurised the lines, bled the tank and sat back to wait. 14 hours later, and every one has had a hot shower without having to put the booster on. Looks like my next investment will be some type of calcium filter.

Allan
Allan

Hi Ian . I have the same problem as you . I have disconnected the top and bottom unions but not sure how to remove actual controller from this point . Are you able to help ?. Cheers Allan

warren

warrenasked

Sunpro

Hi my dux model 250F1-36 is leaking hot water very badly from behind the temp control panel
is this fixable?

Dux H.Dux

Hi Warren, It is possible it may just be leaking from the element seal - if it is from here then it may be able to be repaired, however, it is also possible that it is leaking from the cylinder itself which would require the hot water system being replaced.

Regards
Dux After Sales

George

Georgeasked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

My DN15DS unit manufactured 12/12/12 serial 12121130101H. PRV valve started leaking (already been replaced once) got to the point where it was running out constant even when cold and all hot water was used. Had it replaced but water never got hot again (has been overcast revsolar) took panel cover off and realised the booster unit turns itself on for 30 seconds gets the gas on and heating and then trips out and what's a few minutes before repeating the cycle (won't power on in that time). No idea if it's the hot logic box or a sensor or what? $$?

Dux H.Dux

Hi George, please call 1300 365 115 - option 2 - here we can discuss further.
Regards
Dux Hot Water

Paula
Paula

Hi George, don't know much about my solar hot water system. The builder put this system in but had nothing but trouble. Ive recently had the diverter installed and cross fingers all good so far. The first thing that went was the logic box. Which was 12 months and 2 weeks old. I dont know if any of this helps. Good luck George. ...

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives