Dux Sunpro

Dux Sunpro Questions & Answers (page 4 of 4)

DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas), 4F136S (Storage Tank), DL15DS(Storage Tank,LPG), etc...

75 questions from our users

kim

kimasked

Sunpro 4F136S (Storage Tank)

My Dux sunpro RTN doesn't heat, I check at hotlogic box both green and red light are on, that means all sensor are work but the return inlet pipe are cool, can you tell me what's wrong with Sunpro system?

Tim
Tim

Hi Kim, You would be best to get a licenced plumber to look at the unit. I did and the issue for me was the Pressure Relief Valve, Diverter Valve and the Hotlogic Controller were all faulty.

peter

peterasked

Sunpro D3F136T2AC

Hi
We have a sunpro prodigy 3 and its only 7 years old we have had to change the frost valve twice already. Last week city west water rang and said we are using 1900 litres a day so i checked everywhere and found that its the frost valve running like crazy at night again. I cant afford to keep replacing it is there anything else i can do??
Peter

Dux H.Dux

Hi Peter, It is very unfortunate that the frost valves have failed twice in the 7 years. In many areas of Australia it is required to have a frost valve installed on your solar collectors. What state do you live in? If you would like to discuss further please call 1300 365 115 - option 2. Regards Dux After Sales.

Jewels
Jewels

Brand new 5 years ago .... First 3 months the frost valve was faulty ....now, up for the fifth! Come on! What is with this? I live sth east Qld...nights are 15+ and on tank water with brand new tank pump going from before 7pm until after 8.30am! Not happy Jan :(

Matthew Pearson

Matthew Pearsonasked

Sunpro

Hi there we have a dux sunpro prodigy 3 and the temp adjustment is rivited on the hottest position and the water is scalding hot . Why would the installer do this and where is the solar temp adjustment?

Dux H.Dux

Hi Matthew, having the pop rivet in the gas controller is correct, as this unit is a gas boosted solar hot water system the temperature is not adjustable at the gas control. For further technical support please call 1300 365 115 - option 2 where we can discuss further.

Dux Hot Water.

ged

gedasked

Sunpro

Our dux sunpro is 6 years old. Still heats on off peak electric. No heat from solar. Last 3 days over 30° but cold when off peak turned off. What's the problem?

Dux H.Dux

Hi Ged, if you are not receiving solar gain, it is best an electrician comes out to service your hot water system.
The pump or solar collectors could be failing. Without having someone out there to determine the issue, it is quite hard to give a definite answer.
Thanks, Dux Aftersales

Gordon S

Hi Ged. The Dux aftersales are correct. We had the opposite. We went all summer with just solar and did not realise the gas wasn't working until some cold days came along. Ended up having to replace the "motherboard" as the system that controls the supply is all computerised. You may have been getting your hot water only from the electric off peak for some time. The only way to check is to do what you have done and turn the power off. Good luck.

Steve Russell

Steve Russellasked

Sunpro

one of my solar panels is leaking badly from the connecting point between the 2 panels. I have closed off both solar panels and am just using it as an electric HWS. The unit was installed in 2009 and is out of warranty, is running it just on electricity without the solar going to wreck the HWS? it's a sunpro Dux prodigy 3tm 170FNS

Yogi bear
Yogi bear

I don't think it would damage the electric HWS. I had my gas boosted solar hot water system (chromagen), disconnected from the solar panels for 9 months before I realised the plumber who installed it never connected it to the solar panels so I was running it using gas only. Your electric bill will be a lot more to pay though.

Gordon S

I also don't believe it will damage anything. I have a gas unit and live in a frost prone area and deliberately disconnect the solar during the winter so that the panels don't burst. The benefit from the solar during winter is marginal and much less than replacing panels that are no longer covered by warranty.

Dux H.Dux

Hi Steve, if you have a 170FNS, it is actually running on a gas back up. As a temporary measure having it just heat on the boost is fine. Your hot water system will work the same as a gas storage system.

If you have any questions please call
Dux Manufacturing Limited on 1300 365 115 - option 2.

Dux After Sales.

daveteeasked

I have just purchased a house in Surf Beach NSW
There is a Dux Sunpro water heater installed. Model 3F136S
My problem is the water supply does not get hotter than warm.
Any suggestions?
Thanks Dave

Dux H.Dux

Hi Davetee, The hot water system should be reaching to at least 60 degrees, is there hot water at the pressure relief valve? If you would like further assistance please call 1300 365 115 - option 2.
Dux Hot Water

Hi,
I have checked the temperature at the kitchen tap and it is only reaching around 40 degrees max. Is there any thermostat adjustments. The pressure relief valve is not getting hot.

homes2

homes2asked

Sunpro D2F136T2AC

how come all my fixing on solar panel 3f136s are plastic?

Hi Homes2,
Can you please take some photos and send to Dux Manufacturing Limited at feedback@dux.com.au

Dux After Sales.

Elementasked

Sunpro

Anti frost valve fail AGAIN. DUX Prodigy 3 SunPro. My unit is 5years and 4 months old. I have replaced the anti frost valve twice and now need replace it for a third time, in summer which is very frustrating. This part is ridiculously expensive and the cost of the water going down the drain at 10pm during summer months is distressing. Does anyone know, if this part is permanently faulty or why it needs replacing every 1.5 years? Is there an alternative? I am considering turning the solar off and just running the gas. Just seems such a waste to have solar panels and not use, although spending over $500 to replace a tiny brass part every 18months is equally wasteful.

Dux H.Dux

Hi, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW186, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales.

G J Larsen
G J Larsen

Can't help here - my system doesn't include a frost valve.

Element

Thanks for the reply Dux, I will send an email with the reference number.

Thanks G J Larson

myadam_srikanth

myadam_srikanthasked

My Hot water system Dux Sunpro 305 Tank is leaking with water
I have to replace the unit with DN15DS , and now it is going to cost me more than $2000
it is only 6 years old , with in 6 years , I had to replace the parts atleast 3 times costing me over $500

honestly , it is just the tank leaking , cant someone just reweld the tank or fix it from leaking , instead of replacing the unit completely

why all these units start failing just outside these 5 years , may be it is just the way they manufacture so that , it fails exactly in 5 years . so that they can have repeated business

DUX instead of asking me for a serial # and sent you to your Feedback email , which is the same response
can you reply me on here?

below is the serial # 090120105560
Date of manufacture : 20/01/2009
Model # 170FNS which you guys don't make anymore

Dux H.Dux

Hi, It is correct that Dux Manufacturing Limited no longer manufacture the Sunpro 305. Dux Manufacturing Limited is always updating our products on the market. The gas solar hot water system which we now currently supply is a DN15DS, this is the suitable unit to change over from the Sunpro 305. As per the warranty terms and conditions there is a 5 year warranty with your solar hot water system, unfortunately if your hot water system has failed after the warranty period, it is correct that it would be at a cost to you to repair or replace the hot water system. If you would like to discuss this further please contact Dux After Sales on 1300 365 115 - option 2.

LynnS

LynnSasked

Sunpro

Hi there we have a sun pro and we have an anti frost valve, we have replaced that a couple of years ago, we live in a high frost area Gawler SA, over the last few days, the mornings have been cold and we can hear water coming out of what we presume is this valve, it doesn't do it all day so when we get home from work it has stopped, should this be happening we haven't noticed it before or is it a sign it is on the way out again? Sorry Im at work and don't know my model number

Dux H.Dux

Hi LynnS, the frost valve releases water when the temperature is between 2 and 5 degrees. If the valve is leaking and the temperature is much warmer then this, then there is possibly a fault with the valve. If you would like further information, please call us direct on 1300 365 115 - option 2.

Ray
Ray

It's sounds like the frost value is working, however the hot logic should circulate water from your storage tank through the roof panels once the roof panels drop below 9 degrees. Failure of the hotlogic to circulate water under this temperature is either a faulty sensor or a faulty hotlogic controller. However the wire that runs from the roof panel sensor to the hotlogic controller can be temperamental.

Francisasked

Sunpro

I have a dux DN15DS model. I'll be going away for an extended period of time. I'd like to ask that if I switch off the electric switch to the heater and switch off the main gas intake, will it be simply switching back on the gas intake and the electric switch to reactivate the heater when I return?
There's no pilot to light up for this model?
I called your customer service recently but no one could give me a satisfactory answer.
Appreciate your response.
Francis.

Dux H.Dux

Hi Francis, if you refer to your owners manual it states under the heading " What should I do on Holidays?" that the systems temperature protection features can monitor and control the solar collector temperature while you are away, so please do not turn electrical power off to the system. If you would like to discuss further please email feedback@dux.com.au a representative will be in contact with you shortly.

Mary

Hi Francis, sorry I can't help you. I don't work for Dux, I am just a disgruntled customer!! Good luck,

tomasked

Sunpro

I have recently had a 4.5KW Solar power installation done at my home.Energy Australia are a**e holes,they made me go to peak and off peak,this means from 7am till 11 pm Monday to friday 34.7 c per KW and the rest of the time including weekends 22.4 c KW,my Solar is generating heaps of power to return to the grid fo a lowly 8c KW,To combat this I want to now change to Solar Hot Water. We are morning shower people and the Dux 315 Lt Sunpro will fix our problems, we start generating power as soon as daylight shows this will lead to a trickle of re-heating the top half of the unit until the sun comes up to heat water from the water panels to the whole unit.We will also retain our instantaneous LPG hot water as a back up.Can anyone see anything wrong with this thinking???Regards tom.

Dux H.Dux

Good afternoon Tom, Are you going for solar electric hot water or a lpg gas solar system?
If you would like to discuss further please contact Dux via email on feedback@dux.com.au . Dux can then provide further information on the Dux Sunpro range.
Dux after sales.

Pauline Clarke
Pauline Clarke

Makes sense to me but Dux are the experts. Good luck
Pauline

mareeka

mareekaasked

Sunpro

electricity to unit was turned off for 4 days. does this damage it in any way? obviously ran out of hot water,will it take long to heat up?

Dux H.Dux

There should be no problem with your system having no power connected for 4 days. Depending on the size of your element will depend on the time it will take to re heat. Can you advise the model number of your hot water system? An average 3.6KW element will heat approximately 62L an hour.
Thanks Dux hot Water

For Dux to comment please:
There's no pilot to light up for this model?
Appreciate your response.
Francis.

Gunars

Gunarsasked

Sunpro

I have a 4Fl36SD which is leaking badly from the anti frost valve. There is no water left in the tank. I've switched of the power at the fuse box and the power point and turned of the water valve. The anti frost valve has stopped leaking (no water left). Where can I get a replacement anti frost valve ASAP under warranty. Bought in 2009

Hi,
The valve opens and releases water from collectors when ambient air temperatures are between 3 Deg and 4 Deg. If you feel the valve is releasing water and the temperature is warmer than 4 degrees there may be an issue, you can purchase a anti frost valve from any major plumbing store. If you would like further information on this please contact Dux on feedback@dux.com.au Reference number PRW020.

nrich77
nrich77

Thanks for this info. I was worried when I realised a steady amount of dripping water was coming from my anti frost valve...after reading this I went back out, checked the temperature (yep, 4 deg) and noticed that the dripping had slowed. It's doing what it's supposed to so very relieved I don't need a gas plumber this time!

Stephen

Stephenasked

Sunpro

When speaking with my builder about timer and booster button for the Dux Sunpro 315 Solar Hot water system he responded with:
"Hi Stephen, I have a question for you regarding the solar HWS. Is it legal to have a manual override switch on the HWS. If we are to put a timer on the system and you do need to override it during the night, then you will need to have an override switch. I am not sure if that is allowed, can your source confirm that? Our estimators are checking as well, they have heard there is an issue because of Legionella disease. "
Can anyone out there shed some light on this.

tom

Installation guide says not to use night rate meter but day rate only, then no need to switch on a booster as it will work automatically. Logical!!!!!!!!.

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives