Dux Sunpro

andrew

andrewPerth

don't buy

Crap. gas never switches over need to manually reset. ie any time there is clouds after a few days sun. Also 1yr warranty on a system with a 5 yr payback! completely not working now after less than 3 yrs use. had the heater unit swapped out after 6 months (luckily within warranty). Would never buy another dux.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

JimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Only one year Warranty on parts on an expensive sophisticated hot water system?

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Jim

After my initial write up a week later the system crapped itself! Now we had no hot water. So $630 later and a new valve its working for how long?

Jim

Just replaced my unit today with an aquamax. The solar hot water diverter is faulty.
Ive keep the Dux Sunpro DN15DS for parts. I also have a new tempering valves $478,
Msg me if you are looking for parts.

TimC

TimCCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Cheap rubbish and panels cant handle frosty mornings burst

11 Years old and had value replacement last January for water leaking and fixed, now had worst frosty mornings this winter bring more leak from solar panels its not the value this time. So break down in frosty mornings of -3c and -2.2c two days row then started leaking from Panels. Now get repairs, hard to say need new panels.

Date PurchasedJan 2006
Hyung kang

Hyung kangCraigieburn

absolutely........

simply i prefer buying products made in china than this money costing machine.
costing a lot to maintain, breaking itself one by one almost every months and costing around $500 each time and the product is disgrace i feel sorry dux is australian company
never buy again for sure if you are looking for one just skip this brand

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Jason

JasonElizabeth Hills NSW 2171

Costing me more than saving!!

I have a Dux DN15DS Boosted Gas Solar Water Heater. It is only 3 three years old and have had to get the pressure relief valve replaced 3 times since we moved in. So much water has gone down the drain either from leaking from the panels on the roof and coming from the pipe next to the tank. I've woken up again this morning to the sound of water gushing out of the pipe again. My water bills are through the roof because of this system. Now we have to wait until a plumber comes out again to tell me what the problem is this time. They've told me in the past to get rid of this hot and replace it with an electric/gas instantaneous unit. This unit just keeps costing me money. What can be done to get this fixed once and for all?

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Supun

SupunCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Terrible product

Had the unit for 5 years old and already broken for four times. Customer service also terrible. And after the warranty their approved service companies are terrible too. Very unhappy about Dux company. Not recommend for anyone. Try Rennai. Heard that brand is good. Also the off flow valve is leaking all the time. Replaced three times for the past 5 years.

Date PurchasedSep 2012

Alex

AlexVictoria

Terrible - Avoid

My Hot water service is almost 3 years old and has just broken down for the second time.
There are no local service agents in my area.
Because it's out of the 1 year warranty Dux doesn't want to hear about it.
All the local plumbers say the same thing: "Dux products are cheap rubbish - you'd be better-off getting a different system rather than repairing it".
Avoid these Products!
- Inferior Quality
- Bad Customer Service
- Bad Service Network
- Inferior warranty (1 year, instead of the standard 3 year)

Date PurchasedAug 2014

What a dud will never buy this brand again

I don't think I've had a year that this system hasn't cost me hundreds of dollars in repairs and water loss..from leaks from solar panels on roof to pilot light being faulty to solarnoid faults...it cost me a lot to buy regretted it ever since...completely unhappy despite complaints nothing happens

Date PurchasedMar 2013
aqua

aqua

Poor product and service

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Dondee

DondeeKingscliff

Panels installed 2008. Failed & replaced 2011. Failed & replaced again 2017.

The performance of the system has been very good, with nearly zero hot water bill annually. No probs with the storage heater & pump or the technology. However the Dux 2AP absorber panel tubing corrodes & leaks internally - perhaps due to our proximity to the ocean & the essential breather vent in each panel. The cost option of changing brands is obviously prohibitive. Now replaced twice. As the panels cost upward of $800 each and re-installation is $500 per occasion, much of our energy bill saving has been eroded by poor quality components.

Date PurchasedJun 2008

never again

i don't like our sunpro solar gas heater. after just 4 years, we had to replace pump part and new one now makes so much noise. it is like a thumping noise when having a bath. so much for enjoying a bath.

we are told now that such products are not suited for areas where temp gets to zero; like Albury Wodonga.

basically we had to tun off and then turn on heater for years before it finally stopped working altogether.

on top of that, the plumber sunpro recommended to us, charged us over $400 for a part which i could have purchased myself for $234.

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Need a full system replacement at 8 years. Rubbish product.

After having the regulator replaced at about 4 years old, and other issues, the tank has burst at 8 years and there is no replacement tank to allow us to continue using the existing panels. Terrible environmental waste. Woyldbt be so disgusted if I could replace the tank. Do not recommend DUX.

Date PurchasedSep 2009

orlanda

orlandaSydney

regular breakdowns

The frost valve for the solar panels fails every year despite it not being winter with much loss and waste of water. $450 cost each time to replace. The main unit - water storage tank on side of house also malfunctioned. Even though under warranty it still cost $750 for second installation. That one did not work either. So really expensive yearly replacement costs. Not cost efficient.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

ashley101Victoria, Australia

worst product. dux shrugging off their responsibility

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Another disappointed customer

I am extremely disappointed with the Dux sunpro solar water heater. I have had the system approx 6 years.
2 months after the warranty ran out one of the 3 panels started to leak.. I removed the panel thinking 2 will be enough but after another few months the 2nd panel started to leak.
I have decommissioned the system altogether especially when I was told the panels are $1400 plus labour to replace. I have rang Dux to talk about some sort of compensation or repair but they are not interested.
Don't waste your money go elsewhere.

Date PurchasedNov 2000
Matt M

Matt MPort Vincent

Dissappointing Product!

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Unit has functioned perfectly for 5 years. First service cost $150, nothing major was required other than slight thermostat adjustment the unit is in perfect condition. The unit is housed indoors and has never gone wrong since it was installed. Call out for service was arranged from the internet, received a callback the next day and the day after that the unit was serviced.

Date PurchasedJun 2002

AndrewHirst

AndrewHirstThurgoona

Avoid at all costs. Try any other solar product except Dux

Avoid at all costs. My unit is just 12 months old and has the diverter valve replaced at least 4 times in 12 months. Don't try to call their customer support(sic) as they don't want to know or even listen, So now we are pursuing Consumer affairs and legal advice. Once again steer clear of this product and I think 1 star is still to high for this woeful product.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Blathudda

BlathuddaSydney

Best investment I have made.

Date PurchasedJul 2006

november9er

november9erAU

Diverter valve broke after 3 years

We moved into our brand new house by Burbank 3years ago now. The dux Pre Boosted Gas Solar Water Heater MP15 came with the package. Diverter valve broke and got replaced costing AUD 450. We previously had a Bosch continuous hot water system at the old house and it never broke in the 11 years that we were living there. The warranty on the diverter valve is 3 months ... if something breaks again, I'll be scrapping the dux for a Bosch!

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Michael W.

Michael W.asked

Sunpro 4F136S (Storage Tank)

I’m in TAREE 2430. How much would I expect to pay for a tank please

Naveen
Naveen

Terrible product, take it to the tip ASAP.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your question.

Just to inform you that Dux do not sell our units direct to the public but all of our units are available to purchase from plumbing merchants.

Here are the merchants which are close to your area for you to contact and obtain a price and order from:

Bunnings Taree= 02 6591 2500
Reece Taree= 02 5594 7710
Tradelink Taree= 02 6537 9500
Hot Water Maintenance Taree= 1300 130 060 (they can do supply and install)

Let us know if you still have other concerns.

Mickasked

Sunpro 4F136S (Storage Tank)

I have a Dux 4F136S 415lt tank with 3 solar panel, built 6/2009 so over 10 years old and just started leaking. Can a new tank only be purchased? We’ve been very happy with the system an think 10 years from the tank is what should be expected.

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your inquiry Mick.

The replacement tank is a 400DPM36, this is a dedicated solar tank with sensors, controller and pump built on at the factory, it also includes a solar Tempering valve.

Let us know if you need some help identifying where to buy one.

Mick

Yes please, help, where do you buy one out Narellan, NSW.

Hi Mick,

You can order the 400L Dux Ecosmart Solar tank from Parramatta Hot Water on 9630 6683 or Australian Hot Water (Macarthur) on 1300 132 113.

Thanks for your support.

Lauren B.

Lauren B.asked

We have a hotlogic box which is flashing red on the output. We have to turn the unit off to restart the unit. We have to restart the unit every night. Is this a simple fix?? Has a sensor gone?

Hi Lauren,

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Our team would like to resolve this for you. If you can email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au we would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives