1.3

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Terrible Company & Product...

We built the house back on Aug 2013 and we got this Hot water cylinder choosen by the builder maybe its a cheaper option for them!! And unfortunately not even 5yrs now its broken and not working anymore, I called a professional Plumber hoping we can able to fix it but he said he got alot of bad experience with these products by DUX. Even someone can fix it, the problem will come back again and it wont be cheap.. I highly won't recommend this company to anyone, not very helpful Customer Service as well!!!

Date PurchasedJul 2013
Jesse

JesseBowral

Terrible service

Date PurchasedDec 2014
andrew

andrewPerth

don't buy

Crap. gas never switches over need to manually reset. ie any time there is clouds after a few days sun. Also 1yr warranty on a system with a 5 yr payback! completely not working now after less than 3 yrs use. had the heater unit swapped out after 6 months (luckily within warranty). Would never buy another dux.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

JimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Only one year Warranty on parts on an expensive sophisticated hot water system?

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Jim

After my initial write up a week later the system crapped itself! Now we had no hot water. So $630 later and a new valve its working for how long?

Jim

Just replaced my unit today with an aquamax. The solar hot water diverter is faulty.
Ive keep the Dux Sunpro DN15DS for parts. I also have a new tempering valves $478,
Msg me if you are looking for parts.

TimC

TimCCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Cheap rubbish and panels cant handle frosty mornings burst

11 Years old and had value replacement last January for water leaking and fixed, now had worst frosty mornings this winter bring more leak from solar panels its not the value this time. So break down in frosty mornings of -3c and -2.2c two days row then started leaking from Panels. Now get repairs, hard to say need new panels.

Date PurchasedJan 2006
Hyung kang

Hyung kangCraigieburn

absolutely........

simply i prefer buying products made in china than this money costing machine.
costing a lot to maintain, breaking itself one by one almost every months and costing around $500 each time and the product is disgrace i feel sorry dux is australian company
never buy again for sure if you are looking for one just skip this brand

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Jason

JasonElizabeth Hills NSW 2171

Costing me more than saving!!

I have a Dux DN15DS Boosted Gas Solar Water Heater. It is only 3 three years old and have had to get the pressure relief valve replaced 3 times since we moved in. So much water has gone down the drain either from leaking from the panels on the roof and coming from the pipe next to the tank. I've woken up again this morning to the sound of water gushing out of the pipe again. My water bills are through the roof because of this system. Now we have to wait until a plumber comes out again to tell me what the problem is this time. They've told me in the past to get rid of this hot and replace it with an electric/gas instantaneous unit. This unit just keeps costing me money. What can be done to get this fixed once and for all?

Date PurchasedNov 2013
Supun

SupunCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Terrible product

Had the unit for 5 years old and already broken for four times. Customer service also terrible. And after the warranty their approved service companies are terrible too. Very unhappy about Dux company. Not recommend for anyone. Try Rennai. Heard that brand is good. Also the off flow valve is leaking all the time. Replaced three times for the past 5 years.

Date PurchasedSep 2012
Alex

AlexVictoria

Terrible - Avoid

My Hot water service is almost 3 years old and has just broken down for the second time.
There are no local service agents in my area.
Because it's out of the 1 year warranty Dux doesn't want to hear about it.
All the local plumbers say the same thing: "Dux products are cheap rubbish - you'd be better-off getting a different system rather than repairing it".
Avoid these Products!
- Inferior Quality
- Bad Customer Service
- Bad Service Network
- Inferior warranty (1 year, instead of the standard 3 year)

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Find out how Dux Sunpro compares to other Solar Water Heaters

What a dud will never buy this brand again

I don't think I've had a year that this system hasn't cost me hundreds of dollars in repairs and water loss..from leaks from solar panels on roof to pilot light being faulty to solarnoid faults...it cost me a lot to buy regretted it ever since...completely unhappy despite complaints nothing happens

Date PurchasedMar 2013
aqua

aqua

Poor product and service

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Dondee

DondeeKingscliff

Panels installed 2008. Failed & replaced 2011. Failed & replaced again 2017.

The performance of the system has been very good, with nearly zero hot water bill annually. No probs with the storage heater & pump or the technology. However the Dux 2AP absorber panel tubing corrodes & leaks internally - perhaps due to our proximity to the ocean & the essential breather vent in each panel. The cost option of changing brands is obviously prohibitive. Now replaced twice. As the panels cost upward of $800 each and re-installation is $500 per occasion, much of our energy bill saving has been eroded by poor quality components.

Date PurchasedJun 2008

never again

i don't like our sunpro solar gas heater. after just 4 years, we had to replace pump part and new one now makes so much noise. it is like a thumping noise when having a bath. so much for enjoying a bath.

we are told now that such products are not suited for areas where temp gets to zero; like Albury Wodonga.

basically we had to tun off and then turn on heater for years before it finally stopped working altogether.

on top of that, the plumber sunpro recommended to us, charged us over $400 for a part which i could have purchased myself for $234.

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Need a full system replacement at 8 years. Rubbish product.

After having the regulator replaced at about 4 years old, and other issues, the tank has burst at 8 years and there is no replacement tank to allow us to continue using the existing panels. Terrible environmental waste. Woyldbt be so disgusted if I could replace the tank. Do not recommend DUX.

Date PurchasedSep 2009
orlanda

orlandaSydney

regular breakdowns

The frost valve for the solar panels fails every year despite it not being winter with much loss and waste of water. $450 cost each time to replace. The main unit - water storage tank on side of house also malfunctioned. Even though under warranty it still cost $750 for second installation. That one did not work either. So really expensive yearly replacement costs. Not cost efficient.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

ashley101Victoria, Australia

worst product. dux shrugging off their responsibility

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Another disappointed customer

I am extremely disappointed with the Dux sunpro solar water heater. I have had the system approx 6 years.
2 months after the warranty ran out one of the 3 panels started to leak.. I removed the panel thinking 2 will be enough but after another few months the 2nd panel started to leak.
I have decommissioned the system altogether especially when I was told the panels are $1400 plus labour to replace. I have rang Dux to talk about some sort of compensation or repair but they are not interested.
Don't waste your money go elsewhere.

Date PurchasedNov 2000
Matt M

Matt MPort Vincent

Dissappointing Product!

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Unit has functioned perfectly for 5 years. First service cost $150, nothing major was required other than slight thermostat adjustment the unit is in perfect condition. The unit is housed indoors and has never gone wrong since it was installed. Call out for service was arranged from the internet, received a callback the next day and the day after that the unit was serviced.

Date PurchasedJun 2002
AndrewHirst

AndrewHirstThurgoona

Avoid at all costs. Try any other solar product except Dux

Avoid at all costs. My unit is just 12 months old and has the diverter valve replaced at least 4 times in 12 months. Don't try to call their customer support(sic) as they don't want to know or even listen, So now we are pursuing Consumer affairs and legal advice. Once again steer clear of this product and I think 1 star is still to high for this woeful product.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Peter R

Peter Rasked

Sunpro

I have a solar gas sunpro system how do I turn the temperature up in it. Thanks you

disgruntled

Gday Peter have you got a manual for the system?, if not try downloading one from the internet.
This may tell you. However, all hot water systems are now fitted with tempering valves which mix the hot water from the system with cold to give water at a controlled safe temperature i.e. not scalding hot. This may be playing up, get it checked by a local plumber perhaps. Otherwise the system may not be working. If you read previous posts I described how to find out what controller your system uses and how to download a manual for this. Hopefully the controller has a diagnostic system built in which will show you what is happening, but you need the manual for the controller to do this.
Otherwise you can check that the gas booster is working by turning on a hot tap and seeing if the booster fires up. This is clear because hot exhaust gas will come out the exhaust on the front pf the booster.
Check that you are getting some solar gain from the roof panels by carefully touching the copper pipe from the tank to the pump, this comes down from the roof and into the side of the control box on the front of the main tank. If its sunny this should be warm to hot and you can feel the pump vibrating slightly.
If it's been sunny for a while the main tank should be at a significantly higher temperature than the ambient air, check this by carefully touching the hot water supply pipe to the booster at the top of the tank, it should be quite warm to hot.
HTH
Cheers

Darrenasked

Sunpro DN15DS (Storage Tank, Natural Gas)

Just in the last couple of weeks there has been low pressure from the hot water tap (system) seems to surge a little bit. We have good cold water pressure. I have checked the hot logic controller, power led green, sensors led green, outputs led off.
Any thoughts as to what the issue is

Sorry Darren I don’t have any experience with this system
Maybe it’s a tempering valve issue
Cheers

Darren

Thank you I will investigate this valve

Dux
Dux C.Dux

Hi Darren,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and we would like to resolve this issue for you.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, model number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Regards,

The Dux Team

Sean L.asked

Sunpro

I have a dulux sunpro and am noticing spikes of power usage at times such as 3am of 3.5-4.5kw. We just had a Cloudy day and didn’t have any hot water from lunch time. Even on a sunny day we tend to run out of hot water after bathing the child and doing the dishes at night. We felt both copper pipes that go up to the panels and both were cold or close to cold (in the middle of a day with panels in full sun light)Is this expected? I also don’t think I have ever heard the pump run... should I?
Is there something I can test? I am a sparky but not much experience with solar Hot water.

Hi Sean
If you have a full tank of hot water then on a sunny day the system pump won’t run because the temperature in the tank is too high
See my previous posts about how to download a manual for the control module
This will have a fault finding chart
You can roughly check tank temperature by carefully touching the inlet or outlet pipes to the tank After a few hours of sun it should be quite warm even verging on too hot to touch
HTH

Sean L.

I shall look for the manual thanks. Even on a hot day the pipes coming from the roof are basically cold. I will follow the manual. Cheers

Sean L.

Disgruntled I am having trouble finding this manual. I have a model dulux HotLogic H3201 have u aren’t this manual in your travels?

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives