Dymocks Online Store

Dymocks Online Store

Online "pre-order" scheduled for delivery several weeks after the book hits shelves

I pre-ordered a book that was scheduled for delivery on 11th September. While travelling overseas I saw the very same book on airport bookshelves. Dymocks tells me that "pre-orders" are shipped from a separate shipment of stock that comes several weeks after the stock to be sold in stores. What's the point of pre-ordering something that comes after I can buy it in a shop?

Too hard for a simple e-book purchase

Although the issue I had was resolved. The effort required far exceeded a simple e-book purchase. For whatever reason Dymocks process was not compatible with my desktop. This is the first time I have ever had an issue opening an e-book with ADE. There are plenty of other companies to purchase from that will cause no problems.

Also their initial customer service is poor. It could be computer generated as it was far too generic. To be fair once they realised your issue was not resolved (after two days) the service was very good.

Moonie Michael

Moonie MichaelSouth West, WA

Don't Mock Dymocks

Since my local Dymocks store closed down several years ago, I've had to resort to using their online store and it's been brilliant.
They have a great range of products available, it's not just about books.
Dymocks online support system is wonderful. They're very professional & helpful, if you have a query or any issue they're always there. You'll also find their communication is always timely, I've never had to wait for a response and I've been notified (via email) immediately regarding any issues with my orders such as out of stock items or delivery times for example.
I higly recommend you give Dymocks a go if you're a bookworm like myself or not, there's something for everyone to add to your cart.

Anita

Anita

Dymocks have been nothing short of professional and provide extremely good service!

Chethaka S.

Chethaka S.Hobart, TAS

Never buy Ebooks from Dymocks

I have purchased an ebook from Dymock and downloaded their ebook reader app as well.
1. The ebook was download after many attempts.
2. Once open the ebook from their ebook reader app (windows & IOS) in both platforms book can not be read due to poor synchronization. So had to buy from another vendor.
3. Once request a refund, Dymock is still silent about the issues and very poor customer service as well

Do not ever plan to buy from this guys

Jack

JackMurray Region, NSW

Never again!

Ordered an ebook yesterday for "instant download", which I understood to be like other ebook suppliers. 30 hours later, no link, no listing in my Dymocks Ebookshelf, no reply to my phone message or email.

I have been using the Internet since 1994, ordering online for many years, and ran an online business myself. This is without a doubt the worst customer service I have come across.

Not to mention the crazy, proprietary, complex system to actually view the ebook. This involved downloading Microsoft SQL and a full-blown application of 37 MB. No doubt I would suffer the same frustrations as other reviewers in trying to use this nightmare!

Don't buy eBooks from Dymocks

Purchased a Field Guide from Dymocks online . Can't view title in many of the standard eBook applications/platforms i.e. Kindle. Downloaded the Dymocks Application. Over 2 weeks back and forth with help team the title still could not be viewed in their OWN Dymocks Application using an ipad! Was advised to install Adobe Digital Editor which has appalling reviews. Finally could view the title however could not use the search function.

Product unusable

The purchased ebook was sent in a epub file that keep defaulting to iTunes. Took a paid private technician over an hour to convert to a usable and legible format. I will buy a hard copy next time as I a still waiting for someone from dymocks to respond after 6 months. NEVER AGAIN.

TISM

TISMPerth, WA

No stars if I could for online Dymocks ”service”

Thought I would give the Aussie Battler a go in the guise of Dymocks Online. They efficiently took my money and then 22 months to get to the point of telling me that a book advertised as “available” online was not. Refunded (PayPal) in US$’s at XR loss (due to movements in the close on 2 year hiatus) about summed up the experience. In summary a complete sham in terms of an online business with an inaccurate database of products. Product on my doorstep from O/S warehouse in 4 days with Amazon and Fishpond, 22 months and no book and monetary penalty with the Dumocks

Store LocationOnline
Steph

StephSydney, NSW

Slow online service

It took 12 days to be shipped and 1 day to get here so you can't blame Aust post for the slow delivery. I sent an email at day 12 and Viola! i received an email that day saying it had been shipped. Will never buy from Dymocks online again. In a world where online shopping is at the forefront, Dymocks really need to up their game.

Store LocationDYMOCKS Online

Kim

KimSydney

So slow

So slow and overpriced. I only ordered from them because I had a voucher to use. It's taken 3 weeks to get 1 of 3 books. Looking at my order status, I have another 3 weeks to wait. So if you like paying more for books and receiving them 6 weeks later, shop at Dymocks

Mag

MagEudlo

Poor customer service

Very slow service despite promising to have book within 3 days, expensive. I wanted to support an Australian company but what's is the point when you get poor service like this.

Wish I had read these reviews first

Was given a gift card for Christmas and decided to utilise the online service as no stores had the books in stock. Poorly packaged - 3 books packed loose with no packing in a cardboard wrap open at either end. Some minor damage, very disappointed.

Rich

RichPerth

Never delivered book!!

I ordered a Xmas gift to be delivered. Dymocks claimed delivery within 3 days, after 1 month the package is still not delivered! Not only that, Dymocks refuse to take responsibility and won't contact the courier but is asking me to do so. Once done, the refuse to refund my money. NEVER AGAIN!

Joyd

Joyd

Agree with everyone else

Poor Customer Service

Extremely disappointing customer service with regards to updates for online purchases. There is very poor communication from the Dymocks Online Team. Trust is becoming an issue with an over due purchase with no update. It seems if you need information, you need to keep chasing them up! I will not be making any future purchases from Dymocks.

Don't take responsibility of their mistake_ worst customer service ever.

Bought a book before christmas:
Order should arrive between 17 and 18 Dec,
On 22 Dec no books arrived and shipment status changed to between 24 dec and 04 jan 2019,without notified me.

Asked to cancelled the order but didn't see the email and dispatched already.

Asked me to send it back once received for the complete refund without notified me the return will be at my charge. They just said : send it back and we will refund you.

Paid 8.30 $ to return the book, asked for the refund. Doesn't want to do it after multiple email. Their mistake , I paid ... guess honesty is not in their policy.

I paid 1/4 of the book that I didn't want...

Disgusting service

Waited over a month for a present when inquired they said was at warehouse and dispatch express post that day at no extra charge like I should b paying after waiting a month. Book never came when inquired a week later it was never dispatched cancelled order a got a sorry no offer of voucher or future discount really poor service and follow up customer service. Booktopia from now on

Shopista

Shopista

Online capability below zero: walk into shopfront or walk away

PGR

PGRPerth

Service from the on line store

I ordered on line, and waited 3 or 4 weeks to get two books, before finally giving up and calling them.

Very polite young man said they hadn’t sent them yet. And they were waiting for delivery of one for the US, but that the other would be on its way immediately. I’d had absolutely no communication even though they’d had my money all that time.

In spite of that, the next day I had an email saying the money would be refunded because they couldn’t get either of the books, even though I’d been told the other one was in stock and on its Way!

Poorest service from an online store I’ve ever had. Would EVER bother again. This is why people use Amazon and Book Depository. Books at e cheaper and service brilliant.

Shame on you Dymocks.