Dymocks Online Store

Dymocks Online Store

Ann

AnnSydney, NSW

Unreliable online system

Opted for the ebook so i dont need to wait for delivery as i really needed the book for a presentation. Transaction went smoothly or so I thought.. got charged right away but the order did not show up in the bookshelf nor was provided a link to download. Called to complain and been told ive now have to wait for at least 24 hours as it will have to be raised to their technical team. No means to expedite. Disappointed. Never had issues like this with Amazon. Unfortunately they did not have the ebook.

Jan A

Jan ASouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not waste your money on express shipping

If I could give 0 stars, I would.

I ordered a Christmas gift in November, ETA approx. 5th December. It's now January and after several calls, it's still not here! Terrible company, you won't see my money again.

Rich and Kath

Rich and KathPerth, WA

Useless

Ordered book for Christmas.Delivery date was to be well before Christmas.
Delivery date subsequently changed. Twice.
Book arrived after Christmas but was the wrong book. Dymocks not going to send the correct book until we post the wrong book back to them.
Great customer service.

digital gift card

I purchased 2 digital gift cards in the one order on Christmas Eve. The link to the first card arrived 2 hours later - unsatisfactory for a card which should be generated by the system. However 5 days later I am still waiting for the link to the second card despite several emails. I was told that the second link was in a CSV file on the original email. There was no reference to the file in the email. The link in the CSV file won’t work. I’ll never buy a digital gift card on line from Dymocks again.

JDoc

JDocSouth East Queensland, QLD

Took 3 weeks!

I ordered a book on the 7th of December and it just showed up today - the 27th. It took 3 weeks to deliver. I will never use their online store again.

Wow.. Never again...

Two and a half weeks before Christmas you would think a book would arrive that ‘dispatches in 4-5days’ would turn up in time... but no... work communication and worst online purchasing experience (and I do a lot online).

This ‘business’ should not be running!

Michael

MichaelHunter Region, NSW

Wow full

What a joke
Confirmation email but 5 weeks later no book so email help desk.
Sorry yet another tech difficulty so refunded my pay pal payment without contacting me to see what I ordered and so I could get what I originally ordered.
No problem to them go back and start again.
NOT WITH YOU LOT.
PATHETIC.

Dave

DaveSydney, NSW

False advertising

Don't even bother going here, deception and lies. The online delivery times are false and misleading.
Paid for express freight and 1 - 4 days so proceeded as needed asap for gift.
Once I paid I was informed 14 days before delivery as stock issues ect, when I called to voice my concern it seemed they really didn't care. BAD SERVICE DYMOCKS.

Joe L.

Joe L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

How a business shouldn’t be run

Ordered start of December to receive my order before Xmas. Even paid for the express option just in case. Phoned several times to check status of delivery, no answer. Emailed, no answer. No update, nothing. Absolutely disgracefully, you think a business would get their stuff together for Xmas time.

John West

John WestHunter Region, NSW

Poor shipping

My GF and I both unwittingly ordered the same book as a present for her brother on the same day but through two different stores in the week before Christmas. I used Dymocks and paid for express post (due to it being so close to Christmas) while my partner used booktopia and used standard shipping. Its been Over a week now and still no book from Dymocks, my partners arrived in 2 days. Wouldnt recommend for online purchases and Ill be surprised if its here before Christmas.

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't buy from them online!

Ordered a product for a Xmas present on 1 December. Still not here by 20 December so I emailed asking for the status and they replied good news, it has been sent on that day, some 20 days after it was ordered. Now it wont get here for Xmas. Absolutely appalling and recommend you do not buy from them online.

Morgan

Morgan

Incredibly Frustrating Experience

Poor experience, customer service and communication.

Two out of seven turned up without hassles.

Ordered 7 items on the 21st November.
Firstly they send me an incorrect item that was different to the photo and description. I ordered three of these and only two turned up (late) and the third was credited with no reason. When I queried it they said it was the right item that was sent. Anyway returned this for a refund.

Last 2 items I am still waiting on. Estimated delivery date when I ordered was by the 12th December. I still haven't received. Contacted customer service and was told that they are now on order from the supplier and no date can be given.

What a waste of time.

Peter D

Peter DSydney, NSW

disappointing user interface, customer service lacking

Rannane Z.

Rannane Z.Central, SA

I will never shop with Dymocks again!!

I sent an email to them as books did not arrive - they have no record of my $255 book order even though I have an email confirmation of it with all books listed.

Afterpay is still also set to draw $$$ from my account. No Xmas books for kids this year. I will have to order from another company and get the kids gifts after Christmas.

I ordered from dymocks in the beginning even though their prices are much higher than other places as I wanted somewhere Australian that could get the kids Christmas books to me quickly.
I will never shop with them again :(

Steve

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad from start to finish

Order two books to be gift wrapped as a Xmas present. Both books were shown as being in stock available for immediate dispatch which I wanted as time was crucial. Turns out only 1 book was despatched and the other was NOT in stock. Wasn't contacted to see if I wanted to cancel they just sent me the one book. But the disappointment didn't end there. The "gift wrapping" was ripped from top to bottom in several places - an absolute disgrace. I will NEVER buy from Dymocks online again.

Online "pre-order" scheduled for delivery several weeks after the book hits shelves

I pre-ordered a book that was scheduled for delivery on 11th September. While travelling overseas I saw the very same book on airport bookshelves. Dymocks tells me that "pre-orders" are shipped from a separate shipment of stock that comes several weeks after the stock to be sold in stores. What's the point of pre-ordering something that comes after I can buy it in a shop?

Too hard for a simple e-book purchase

Although the issue I had was resolved. The effort required far exceeded a simple e-book purchase. For whatever reason Dymocks process was not compatible with my desktop. This is the first time I have ever had an issue opening an e-book with ADE. There are plenty of other companies to purchase from that will cause no problems.

Also their initial customer service is poor. It could be computer generated as it was far too generic. To be fair once they realised your issue was not resolved (after two days) the service was very good.

Moonie Michael

Moonie MichaelSouth West, WA

Don't Mock Dymocks

Since my local Dymocks store closed down several years ago, I've had to resort to using their online store and it's been brilliant.
They have a great range of products available, it's not just about books.
Dymocks online support system is wonderful. They're very professional & helpful, if you have a query or any issue they're always there. You'll also find their communication is always timely, I've never had to wait for a response and I've been notified (via email) immediately regarding any issues with my orders such as out of stock items or delivery times for example.
I higly recommend you give Dymocks a go if you're a bookworm like myself or not, there's something for everyone to add to your cart.

Anita

Anita

Dymocks have been nothing short of professional and provide extremely good service!