Dymocks Physical Stores

Dymocks Physical Stores

See the Best Book Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Carl

CarlSydney, NSW

Very bad customer service

Bought $300 worth of books from castle towers store castle hill 15 days later no books received yet the store refused to give me a refund or cancel the order

Store LocationCastle hill

Izzy

IzzySydney, NSW

good place to browse and buy

Staff are helpful (george street or neautral bay), great selection of books and also knick knacks, particularity in the george street sydney cbd store, which also has very good opening hours. My only complaint would be sometimes some books are a bit pricey.

Store Locationgeorge street , sydneycbd
Guy

GuyCanberra 2600, ACT

Belconnen Mall store

Very poor customer service. I ordered a book instore and paid fully only to realise that the store had ordered the purchase 5 days later and a two week delay.

Store LocationBelconnen Mall
Diana

DianaVictoria

The most expensive bookstore in Australia

Dymocks is ripping their customers off. Their prices are sky high and they never agree to match other retailers prices. I shopped there few years ago, when we still had Borders and Angus and Roberstons physical stores. Those days they were competing with each other. Now theres only Dymocks as a physical bookstore so they can do whatever they want. Never shop there anymore. I buy my books online or in Kmart and Big W.

Tye

TyeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brisbane CBD- Terrible return policy

Bought 2 diaries for my Kids. Found out wife had already bought some. Went back next day to ask for refund but none was given because it was a sale item. Please look at our return policy attach. Who reads these fine prints. Never buying anything from them again, didn't even offer store credit.

Store LocationBrisbane CBD

Jessie

JessieNew South Wales

Dymocks Burwood - Refund issues - unacceptable customer service

Store LocationDymocks Burwood

jeremy

jeremyperth

Would not exchange a book purchased as a present.

Terrible customer services

We were shopping in the shop where one of the staffs was suddenly yelling at our 6 years son only because he was trying to look at the book set at the presentation area. Maybe he was putting both hands pressing on the book set. The staff was firstly yelling at him behind the counter saying "hey, stop!" Then he came towards him yelling that he was trying to rip the plastic cover of the set book values $50. My son said he didn't. For the next hour or so my son was so upset because he was blindly blamed by such a rude guy thinking everyone is going to damage his books. Yelling to a kid is not going to solve the problem. If you has any drama you can directly talk to the parents. Is this how to deal with your customers? Terrible experience.

Ell Torn

Ell TornAustralia

World's worst book stores?

Van

VanSydney

Ordered

Placed an order 20th Oct was told it would take 3 weeks... Called ! Then told it would take 4/6 weeks... Called 4th Dec.Apparently I was msg ( not) it had arrived in store 8th Nov

LorenC

LorenC

Continual SPAM messages on my mobile from Dymocks - no option to reply with STOP request

I bought a book from Dymocks North Lakes not so long ago. The cashier asked me if I wanted a Dymocks card. I said OK, on the proviso that I don't get any marketing material. She said this wouldn't happen. Since then I've been bombarded with SPAM messages on my mobile that have no option to reply with a STOP request. I emailed help@dymocks.com.au but this was ignored. I'll be buying my books from eBay from now on.

Aryo

Aryobeaumont hills

Paid way too much !!!

Order an e book, but no where to download, terrible

I purchased an ebook for my student, but there is no where to download the book. I download the eReader App, but still can't download

Book Geek

Book GeekAU

Charlestown staff - very helpful

I was so blown away by the outstanding customer service at Dymocks, Charlestown. I was searching for an out of print, hard cover copy of a certain book, with a particular ISBN. After searching for months and calling in excess of 20 bookstores I was thrilled when I stumbled upon the staff at Charlestown. They were so helpful. They found and ordered a copy for me. I was thrilled with their friendly ‘can do’ attitude and great communication.

Terrible Expectations, Overpriced Products.

I purchased books, some took almost two months to receive, and was told false information about the order status. Books are very overpriced compared to other sellers. Would not recommend, to anyone who expects to get their books on time and or with the best price. What a shame.

Venom

VenomPerth

TERRIBLE SERVICE

I got two gift cards with $50 on it. I made my first purchase that costs $70, which is over $50, and they gave me the gift card with no money on it, stupid

Took 6 days to tell me my order 'could not be serviced'

Took 6 days from the order to advise me the order couldn't be met.

Absolutely terrible service.

I don't suggest using them.

Jimbo

Jimbo

Not great service

The staff member was not very friendly at the point of sale I was looking for my loyalty card after looking for it for 3 minutes she was about to process it without trying to find me and I had to point out that they can search by my mobile. If I hadn't told her how to do her job I would have lost out. It makes me question why I should shop with them.

Sarah

SarahAustralia

Refusing to price match cost them a sale

I went into dymocks today and saw a ravensburger puzzle for $149.95. I asked them if they would price match for an Australian site that was selling the same puzzle for $99.95 (free postage), noting the item was in stock at the online seller. I said if dymocks would price match I would buy it immediately from them. They said no. Before I left dymocks I completed the online purchase of the puzzle and within an hour I got notification it had been shipped. Just a few hours later I got notification I will receive the puzzle tomorrow. At two thirds of the price! No wonder brick v’s click comes up click every time!!

jmmyjrg

jmmyjrgMelbourne

Great stores with great stock.

I went in to the Melbourne city store looking for a cheap book to finish buy as I had joined their membership program and they sent me a voucher to spend for my birthday.

The store is quite large and while they don’t have as much stock as an online store, they do have quite a lot, and it’s rare that I can walk out without buying something.

I find the staff at this store to be very friendly and chirpy, and this occasion was no different.

I find their prices to be a bit expensive at times, but there’s always a few bargains too.