3Dyson Hot+Cool AM09

Dyson Hot+Cool AM09 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:302427-01, 302644-01, 35902157 and 35902161
Jon r
Jon r · Hot+Cool AM09

When my dyson AM09 is blowing hot and reaches the desired temperature it switches of ok but when the temperature drops it starts up again blows cold first for a second or two is that right

Dyson   DM

Hi Jon r, and thanks for the question. It may take a little time for the internal elements to warm up, for the effect to be noticed in the room.
If you wish to discuss your machine further, feel free to reach out to our customer support team, our contact details are found here:

Larene C.
Larene C. · Hot+Cool AM09

Where can i purchase a remote control for this heater

Sav
Sav

Just use the app.

Dyson   DM

Hi Larence, if you have a Dyson Hot+Cool™ fan heater AM09 model remotes can be purchased on our website, here:

external link

If the part isn't available on our site or if you have a Dyson Hot+Cool™ fan heater AM04 or AM05 please contact us directly with your machine's serial number and we'll assist you from there:

Our contact details are listed here:
Email aucustomercare@dyson.com

Fiona
Fiona · Hot+Cool AM09

Hello I bought a Dyson AM09 hot & cool fan yesterday. Tried it on heat mode & it smells faintly of burning. Tried it several times over a 12hr period & again this morning & the slight burning smell is burning still present. The back of the blade less fan also gets incredibly hot after just a few moments of use in heat mode is this normal. The guarantee page was also missing from the Dyson user manual which leads me to think that this Dyson fan has been purchased before & returned.

I look forward to your reply

Kind regards

Fiona

Vanessa R.
Vanessa R. · Hot+Cool AM09

The humidity here is at least 70%. Does my Dyson hot and cool reduce it?

Dyson   DM

The Dyson Hot+Cool will work as a fan or fan hater depending on which mode you are using the machine in. That being said, the machine isn't a dehumidifier and as such won't change the humidity in the room.

If we can assist further, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts, you can find our contact details here: external link

Brenton Ramage
Brenton Ramage · Hot+Cool AM09

I have been using the heat function over the winter and it has been perfect. However, now the heat is with us, I am trying to use it at 15 degrees and lower but nothing seems to be happening. Is this a problem with the machine or am I doing something wrong. The machine says 15 degrees and is still on but there is little/no output. Please help.

Dyson   DM

When you set the temperature on your Dyson Hot+Cool, The thermostat will detect the room temperature and only operate on heat mode if the ambient temperature of the room has not reached the desired temp. For example if you set the temperature to 12 (53F) degrees and the room is already at 20 (68F) then the fan heater will not operate. If the room is at 20 (68F) degrees and you set the temperature to 25 (77) then the fan will kick in, the machine will oscillate if selected, and remain on until this temperature has been reached. When the desired temperature has been reached, the machine will go into standby, and turn back on should the temperature of the room drop.

As the Dyson Hot+Cool won't actively cool the room, for the machine to work in fan mode, please press the blue button on the remote which will override the temperature selection and put the machine into fan mode.

You can see this in action via this link: external link

We hope this has satisfactorily answered your query today. If we can be of any further assistance please visit external link  and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Jean Caldwell
Jean Caldwell · Hot+Cool AM09

My AM09 is set at 30c one side of the heater blows hot the other side blows cold.... why. Yes I have cleaned away dust.

Dyson   DM

This certainly isn't what we expect and we would kindly ask you to get in touch with our Dyson Experts so we can get a resolution for you.

Our Dyson Experts are available via live chat, Facebook Messenger and phone with our contact details found here: external link

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Jenny D. · Hot+Cool AM09

Why does my machine turn on at 8am every day?

Dyson   DM

This is certainly not something we'd expect. Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts and we will only be happy to help.

Our Dyson Experts are available via live chat, Facebook Messenger and phone, our details can be found here: external link

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Jenny D.

I think I’ve solved the problem now but thanks anyway

Nicole Cochrane
Nicole Cochrane · Hot+Cool AM09

I have recently purchased a Dyson AM09 hot + cool and am disappointed at the noise level of the fan on heat mode. I have the fan on 1 and it is not quiet at all. There is no way I could have it on while sleeping as it’s too loud. It’s even annoying while sitting in the room reading.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to lessen the sound of the fan?

Damien T.
Damien T.

Hi Nicole, I just got a AM09 fan yesterday. It also seems quite loud on the lowest setting in the hot mode. Did you find a solution to the nose?

Monique
Monique · Hot+Cool AM09

When I put my Dyson fan on the heat option it smells like it is burning. I only put it on for not even 10 seconds and it set off the smoke alarm. Please advise.

Dyson   DM

Please unplug your Dyson machine and get in touch with our Dyson Experts via live chat, Facebook Messenger or our helpline. You can find our contact details here: external link

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Tony
Tony · Hot+Cool AM09

I've got a dyson fan heater am09, which has just started turning it's self on, this is from off. Any ideas?

Dyson   DM

This is certainly not what we'd expect. Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts and we will only be happy to help.

You can find our contact details (including Messenger link, Live Chat and helpline number) here: external link

If you are outside Australia, please visit external link , press "Support" and "Contact Us" to find the helpline information in your region.

pal m.
pal m.

Mine never done that. But mine will only run for 8 hours then it turns off. I did not know this or I would have never purchased this.

Dyson   DM

While the machine will work continuously in fan mode, when in heat mode, the machine will turn off after continuously heating for 8 hours as a safety measure. When it shuts off, it can be turned on again using either the power button on the remote, or on the machine itself.

Apologies for any disappointment, however if we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via the link above and happy to help.

Megan B.
Megan B. · Hot+Cool AM09

Our Dyson is set on 22 but our baby monitor and other temperature gages says it’s 28 in my babies room. The temperature on the front of the heater and on our phone says 22 but we walk in and it feels like a sauna. Can we please have some help.

Dyson   DM

Hi Megan, thank you for your question. Our machines are designed to go into a standby mode when it reaches the desired temperature and will turn back on again when the room drops below the target. Should you find this to not be the case we'd recommend reaching out to our helpline via phone, livechat or email via external link  and one of our experts will be able to assist in resolving this issue for you.

Amelia M.
Amelia M.

Did you get assistance with this mine does exactly the same!!!

Justine K.
Justine K.

We also have the same issue - weirdly it works as expected on 20c but at 21c it will heat up to 24/25c which is not ideal in a baby's room! How do we get this resolved?

Ramz
Ramz

We have the same issue! When set to 21C Dyson will heat the room to be around 24/25C before stoping heat mode. Even at 24/25C dyson would show the temperature as 21C. If we set the temperature to 20C it works okay. This happens to any temperature set around or above 21C!! There’s no way to make sure the temperature stays around 21C.
This is totally unacceptable for the price we paid and dangerous to keep in baby’s room!!!!

Alisha
Alisha

Did anyone get an answer for this? Finding the same issue in the babies room. Set to 18, but heats the room to 23 overnight

Cliff M. · Hot+Cool AM09

Why is it that when I use the fan overnight I wake up with a dry mouth and throat? I can't go back to sleep unless I drink water and turn the fan off...then I get hot again, meaning the unit is useless and I'm better off with a conventional $20 fan?

Dyson   DM

Hi Cliff, Thank you for your question.

Please be advised that Dyson Hot+Cool Fan heaters do not have the capability to make any changes to humidity levels. So we are able to further discuss this with you we'd encourage you to reach out to our helpline via email at aucustomercare@dyson.com.

Cliff M.

It wasn't a humidity change I want. It's the feel of air flow over me like a conventional fan worth $30 without the overwhelming dryness I'm getting with a $900 fan.

Dawn
Dawn  · Hot+Cool AM09

Hi our dyson is throwing out cold air one side and hot air on the other so it’s not warming up properly can we fix this.?

Traci G
Traci G · Hot+Cool AM09

Does the Dyson hot and cool fan operate without the base. It was given to me from a friend with no base or remote. Can these items be replaced?

Ellen Tran

You need the base and remote. Yes, you can buy the replacements.

Derek
Derek · Hot+Cool AM09

The stain hot/cold fan displays an F with three blinking dashes. Not sure what that means. Unit seems to be working properly. Any ideas?

JWA202
JWA202 · Hot+Cool AM09

Hello, Recently our heater will be turned off and I will wake up and it has turned on. We have the entire unit off, I’ve double checked but I can hear something running in the background even when off. What could be causing it to turn on?

Ellen Tran

Sounds like you have set the heater to a certain temp. It will start up again once the room temp has dropped.

ZHENA 51
ZHENA 51 · Hot+Cool AM09

Can the base be removed for moving house?

Peg S.
Peg S. · Hot+Cool AM09

What are the 2 red dots to the right of the temperature on my am 07. The top one is out. It doesn’t heat very well anymore either. The cool works fine. Thanks.

Geri
Geri · Hot+Cool AM09

Hi , I have an am09 that I bought from qvc have only had it 2 years now it’s not working I am wondering if qvc sells seconds that why the products are less expensive from them. My dyson started smelling like smoke triggered the surge protector (thank goodness I had it plugged into it). I tried it again in another socket and it did the same thing. I called dyson only to be told that the warranty had just expired, and also didn’t know what was going with it told me to take it to a sewing machine shop to have it fixed. ( a sewing machine shop ).Now I’m stuck with a white tower that isn’t worth garbage. So much money for only 2 years of service.

jharb6591
jharb6591 · Hot+Cool AM09

I have a dyson AM09 & when I turn the heater on it smells of smoke then it switches over to can & it says H2 on it. Why is this happening? Should I replace the filter? If so please send a link.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Select a listing for your question
Dyson Hot+Cool AM09