Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Absolute
Part of Dyson Cinetic Big Ball  3.5 (833)

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Absolute

VerifiedMPNs:300282-01 and 801155
3.9

60 reviews · Statistics

73%12%15%

Product is used
  • Daily (2)
  • Several times a week (3)
  • Weekly (6)
Pet OwnerYes (9) · No (2)
Clogging Issues Yes (3) · No (7)
Noise Level
See the Best Vacuum Cleaners in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball › Absolute60 reviews
Leo
LeoNSWSydney, NSW23 posts
Not happy Jan
Not happy Jan

Ruined my wool carpet

Purchased our Dyson specifically for dog hair as we just had 100% wool carpet laid and our dogs hair was covering it. What we noticed was our wool carpet started fuzzing up it is now a big matted mess, it was obvious is was the vacuum head doing the damage. Dyson works ok on floors and rugs but avoid if you have wool carpet. Show details
Dyson   DM

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via Facebook Messenger, Live Chat or phone and we will only be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: external link

Rob
RobVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pretty Much Useless

Purchased the above approx 3 years ago. Has to qualify as one of our worst purchases ever. Wheels keep falling off unit, the wheels on the power head fall and wont reattach and now the poer head has stopped working. Overpriced, overrated and underperfoming. Show details
Sam1982
Sam1982Queensland5 posts
NotoriousD
NotoriousDVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts
  Verified Absolute

Awesome vacuum cleaner

Great suction, the absolute model comes with a whole lot of extra attachments, the ball rights itself if it rolls. Its emptying process is vastly improved in usability over the old DC39 we had. I'm finding I don't have to go over areas I've already done before just to get them clean. I judge a good appliance as one you look forward to using. This is definitely the case here, its a great vacuum. Show details
Andrew S.
MONIQUE P.VICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts
Shay
ShayWestern Australia19 posts

Love this vaccuum

Ive had my dyson vacuum for 3 years now. Perfect for all floors, including carpets. I have 2 dogs, and small childern. No issues picking up mess. Does need cleaned put regularly though! Show details
Elizabeth
ElizabethVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC10 posts
DaveDee
DaveDeeQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD21 posts
  Absolute

Lots of suction, lots of plastic parts to break

The vacuum cleaner is really good as far a suction and cleaning power go. Gives a good deep clean on carpet and easy going on tile floors. The lack of bag is a great concept and there's a good array of tools.
On the downside Dyson has never been big on plastics quality. The plastics components are weak and flimsy and will fail easily. Whilst its a good cleaner make sure and take out extended warranty Show details ·  1
Frustrated
Frustrated

Don't buy it!

I've never broken a vacuum cleaner until this one. I snagged it on a door frame and popped the wheel off. So much for no snagging! It couldn't be put back on as its attached to the main frame with a small bit of plastic. It is unstable on carpet and tips going over its own cord. Suction is good but the hard floor head is small and takes ages on a big floor space. Very overrated for the price.

JJs1
JJs1Melbourne

Best Vaccum Cleaner

It is definitely the best. I have two cats, so naturally I would have hair everywhere and the vaccum cleaner gets everything. I have to empty it after about 5 uses so I know it picks up a lot of things. Through I dont think its the easiest to clean.

Andrew r
Andrew rSACentral, SA4 posts

Super vacuume

I think this vacuume is amazing super high powered and if you purchase the power head it is just unbeatable . I find it so easy to clean the filters also it is easy to tow around the house with out it tipping over like other brands . I highly recommend this product .

Joey
JoeyNSWSydney, NSW2 posts
  Absolute

Best thing that ever happened to vacuuming

This vacuum cleaner is the best thing that ever happened to cleaning! I have a lot of hair in my workspace and this has made cleaning such a joy. I find it a bit hard to manoeuvre on carpet but when it goes over it picks up everything! Easy to clean and so worth the purchase!

Tony
Tony · Cinetic Big Ball Absolute

Hi there. We are in Christchurch New Zealand. Our Dyson cinematic has great suction for varying periods of time. Then there is a noise like something popping or a membrane being sucked in, and the suction dies almost totally. This can be almost as soon as you turn it on or can be after 5-6 minutes - seldom longer. The dust container is never very full in fact sometimes it happens when there is next to nothing in it, other times when there is a small amount in the dust container. Can you please advise. It has not always been like this. There is no obvious obstruction anywhere.

Annie · Cinetic Big Ball Absolute

What is weight of Absolute Barrel vacuum cleaner?

Danzel
Danzel
Annie

Thanks. I bought the Absolute yesterday and it's all good.

John R.
John R. · Cinetic Big Ball Absolute

Will a Dyson pick up tusks of wool which are being shed from our new wool carpet. If so.which model should I buy ?

Bosjul
Bosjul
N.O Dyson
N.O Dyson

I have a Dyson Cinetic BigBall Allergy with the turbine brush head and it struggles to pick up white fluff that gets stuck on my black wool carpet. Even after going over it 4-5 times, I still have to bend down to remove bits of fluff manually.

Compare all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball listings
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $999$899$499$699
Bin Capacity1.5 L1.6 L
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight7.64 kg7.64 kg7.64 kg7.64 kg
Attachments Carbon Fibre Turbine Cleaner Head, Carbon Fibre Soft Dusting Brush, Stair Tool, Stubborn Dirt Brush, Combination Tool, Reach Under Tool, Tangle-Free Turbine Tool, Swivel Hard Floor ToolCarbon Fibre Turbine Cleaner Head, Swivel Hard Floor Tool, Combination Tool, Groom Tool, Stair Tool, Tangle-Free Turbine ToolDual Mode Floor Cleaner Head, Stair Tool, Combination ToolPneumatic Cleaner Head, Swivel Hard Floor Tool, Combination Tool, Stair Tool
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m
Suction (Air Watts)250 AW250 AW250 AW250 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release date