Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Absolute

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Absolute

Lots of suction, lots of plastic parts to break

The vacuum cleaner is really good as far a suction and cleaning power go. Gives a good deep clean on carpet and easy going on tile floors. The lack of bag is a great concept and there's a good array of tools.
On the downside Dyson has never been big on plastics quality. The plastics components are weak and flimsy and will fail easily. Whilst its a good cleaner make sure and take out extended warranty

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Noise Level
Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Clogging Issues No
Hi Dave, Thank you for taking the time to review your machine. We are pleased to ehar you are happy with the performance of your machine. While flexible and light, please be assured the materials selected for each Dyson machine are designed to be durable and strong. We test relentlessly to ensure they provide reliable performance in your home. You can get a glimpse into our testing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ku5nxeLdA Should you have any queries or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We are happy to help. Best wishes, Shan

Don't buy it!

I've never broken a vacuum cleaner until this one. I snagged it on a door frame and popped the wheel off. So much for no snagging! It couldn't be put back on as its attached to the main frame with a small bit of plastic. It is unstable on carpet and tips going over its own cord. Suction is good but the hard floor head is small and takes ages on a big floor space. Very overrated for the price.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi there, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Absolute. We are sorry to hear this has happened and are keen to assist. Please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST. Best wishes, Samuel

Best Vaccum Cleaner

It is definitely the best. I have two cats, so naturally I would have hair everywhere and the vaccum cleaner gets everything. I have to empty it after about 5 uses so I know it picks up a lot of things. Through I dont think its the easiest to clean.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Super vacuume

I think this vacuume is amazing super high powered and if you purchase the power head it is just unbeatable . I find it so easy to clean the filters also it is easy to tow around the house with out it tipping over like other brands . I highly recommend this product .

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Best thing that ever happened to vacuuming

This vacuum cleaner is the best thing that ever happened to cleaning! I have a lot of hair in my workspace and this has made cleaning such a joy. I find it a bit hard to manoeuvre on carpet but when it goes over it picks up everything! Easy to clean and so worth the purchase!

Waste of money

We have owned 3 Dysons over time and hands down this one is the worst. The turbo head won't pick up the animal hair off our mat, the turbo head is rubbish and when the head is turn to hard floors it doesn't suck. I need to use 3 different heads to clean what the old Dyson did with one. Will never by another Dyson again

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Paul, Thank you for taking the time to review your Dyson machine. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your floor tools. The Turbine head should be able to remove animal hair and we'd recommend to reach out to our helpline on 1800 239 766 for assistance. Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-7pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm. Best wishes, Samuel Facebook.com/Dyson

This vacuum cleaner is fantastic

My house work is halved using this vacuum cleaner, it’s easy to use and gets rid of dirt and dust that is trapped down in the fibres of your carpet. My house looks and feels much cleaner since purchasing this. I can walk on my carport and it actually feels so much more softer.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Fantastic

This is the second Dyson I have owned. I loved the first one too. However I think that this one is even better. It is very easy to use. It is very convenient to use. It is very quiet to use. It is an absolute pleasure to use! Recommend definitely

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Thought I was upgrading....couldn't have been more wrong!!

I purchased my first Dyson (original big ball orange one) back in about 2000 and I loved it! In fact it's still going strong but I thought after 17 years and the handle broke a bit, I'd upgrade to a new one.
I purchased the Cinetic big ball absolute in May 2017 and all I can say is that it's the worst purchase I have ever made. Myself and my husband are continuously infuriated by it and have been pretty much from the beginning.
It has useless suction, (I use it on tiles, hardwood and carpet) it's somewhat okay on the tiles and wood but I've never had to work harder vacuuming the carpet no matter what suction setting I put it at! The silly clip at the bottom of the barrel has a complete mind of it's own and goes between either not opening or opening randomly and spilling dust etc everywhere.....but then it's ridiculously difficult to close.
My original barrel vacuum was so easy to pack away. I was able to wind the hose around it neatly and all of the connections would clip nicely onto the vacuum and I could tuck it away easily. This new cinetic vacuum is hideous! It doesn't pack away neatly, the hose stands up on clip a the back but now that has broken off because it is easily knocked over and I can't store it away neatly. But what's worse, I now have all these extra tools lying around because there's nowhere to store them and it's frustrating and annoying.
It feels cheap and plastic-y, that was my very first observation of it, not sturdy with metal poles like the original.
There is no way this is worth the money that I paid for it and I feel so very disappointed about it. This is something that we use in our daily home life and it is not designed at all with family in mind.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi there, Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Dyson machine. So we can discuss your concerns, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, the machine's serial number and a description of the issues and our Dyson experts will be in touch to assist. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Mira

Excellent vacuums

This is vacuum is super effective on a variety of surfaces, very good on the inside of cars! I would definitely recommend this model and would say that it is definitely better than the smaller Dyson model due to its enhanced suction and larger head. I experienced no loss of suction even on uneven surfaces.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

No complaints

The wife convinced me to fork out 800 dollars for a vacuum... I thought this to be sheer madness. It pains me to admit that she was right the Dyson is s great product that easy to bug use and does a great job. Pulls more dirt out of the carpet than you wanted to know was there.

Picks up everything

The performance of the Dyson is unrivalled by any other vacuum, the auction is very impressive and picks up everything from thick plush carpet, the multifloor head makes it easy to go from hard flooring to carpet with the push of button. The self righting feature makes it easy when I go up and down the stairs as it will stand itself back upright when it gets on level ground

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

The Dyson cinetic big ball absolute

The Dyson cinetic big ball absolute is the best vacuum cleaner i have ever owned, came with all the attachments needed to get into all the hard places other vacuums cant get into, having 3 dogs and 1 cat it cleans perfectly with the best suction. Would definitely recommend this vacuum cleaner to everyone .

Was expecting more

This product is easy to manoeuvre and works quite well on wooden floors. However, for the price I paid, I was definitely expecting more suction and more surprise on carpeted areas. Was a little disappointed with the overall result on carpet, it had the same result of my last $49 vacuum.

Top Of The Line Dyson

We love our Dyson and are sorry that they are not continuing to manufacture them. It is the cleverest design and as everyone knows it looks great too. It is the best vacuum we have owned and I really appreciate the clever "engineering" approach to the design. Its easy to empty and easy to use and cleans so very thoroughly. Great machine

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Fantastic product

Best vacuum cleaner I’ve ever had, never blocks, never had any issues at all! Always had a cheaper vacuume because never thought they would be better than any other but I was wrong. Would not got back to a cheaper vacuum cleaner again. Would highly recommend any of the Dyson products!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Love it best vacuum ever

Find it a little heavy but absolutely love it, best suction out of many vacuum cleaners I’ve owned over the years,would highly recommend this to anyone, wish i had of bought one years ago, would’ve saved a lot of money on the amount of vacuums i have purchased which have all blown up on me

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Not as good as expected

We got carpet in our apartment. And two cats. We needed something that could pick up the hair easily. The saleswoman in Harvey Norman told us it would a small piece of cake for this model to do so. We were more than happy to take the deal and brought it home. However, the suction of the new vacuum turns out to just the same as our previous Electrolux, which was around 259 bucks. It cannot even pick up my wife's long hair that easily, not to mention my cat's hair.
We are disappointed as we are paying too much just for the easy-empty-bin and the never-fall-flat canister. The suction power is said to be 250AW, shame to see no difference between Dyson and its competitors.
Anyway, it was not a very pleasant shopping experience. I admit I was hoping too much. Lucky thing is I was not considering handstick models coming with sunction power of only 115AW. Imagine how that could possibly drive me crazy.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Diwei, Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear your machine is not currently picking up human and cat hair to your expectations. Please email our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, the machine's serial number and a description of the issue and we will be more than happy to help. Best wishes, Mira www.facebook.com/dyson

Paying for quality

Having used the Dyson Stick Vacuum (Animal) a few years back, we recently purchased this model because we wanted more power, without the need to constantly recharge. The machine vacuums surfaces carpeted surfaces beautifully. The only downside is storing it away as it takes up a lot more space (we live in an apartment, so space is a big deal). We are still happy with the machine, as it is fantastic quality and will serve us for many years.

Amazing!

Amazing suction! The best vacuum I’ve ever used! Will definitely be recommending this product to friends and family!
I use this mainly on tiles but it’s also great on carpet and rugs
Easy to clean, no filters and lightweight
Perfect for large or small areas, I wouldn’t use anything else!

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

What is weight of Absolute Barrel vacuum cleaner?
Annie, I am not sure about the Absolute as I was reviewing the Allergy...I am not sure if the barrels are the same and its only the attachments that make them different. The only thing I can say, is that they pull around easily and if they do tumble over, they actually turn themselves the right way up. But as to the weight, I have no idea sorry.Thanks. I bought the Absolute yesterday and it's all good.Hi Annie, Thank you for your query. The machine in use (including the machine, hose, wand and floor tool) weigh 7.64kg. If we can assist further, please email askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be more than happy to help. Best wishes, Shan Facebook.com/Dyson

Will a Dyson pick up tusks of wool which are being shed from our new wool carpet. If so.which model should I buy ?
Hi Julie here I cannot say whether my Dyson big Ball would do this as I have not had such a problem as I have an older wool 85%nyon15% mix if I remember rightly but to see how well this DYSON collects up my beautiful fluffy cat fur and of course any garden fodder he brings in having sat in the garden bed for some time. I can however recommend the www.dyson.com.au/support an online service which solves according to Dyson 80% of the customers issues by using this online service. I cannot say directly onlythat I am extremely delighted with my Dysonbigball and as I have a physical disability now due to Rheumatoid Arthritis and Early Onset Parkinson's disease I find this product with all of the attachments great.Hi John, Thank you for your query. Any Dyson machine should be able to help with picking up fibres being shed from the carpet. However, a machine with a spinning brush bar will work more efficiently for this purpose. I would encourage you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com, and we'll be happy to find t he right Cinetic Big Ball machine for you. Best wishes, Shan Facebook.com/DysonI have a Dyson Cinetic BigBall Allergy with the turbine brush head and it struggles to pick up white fluff that gets stuck on my black wool carpet. Even after going over it 4-5 times, I still have to bend down to remove bits of fluff manually.

Cinetic Big Ball Absolute