Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy (page 2 of 7)

MPNs: 214891-01 and 36262391

See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

RosiePerth

Beyond disappointed

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Teelle

TeelleSydney

Superb vacuum

Brilliant vacuum cleaner. Strong suction. No negative smell emitted. Excellent tools for versatile cleaning. Clean effortless emptying, requiring no touching of anything dusty and dirty. You can place the barrel inside a bag to empty and nothing puffs up in your face, keeping you allergen free. This vacuum ticks all boxes. Exceptional. Thanks Dyson.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

HeathBrisbane

It Suck But A Disappointing Head.

Purchased in October 2018 for $699.00.

Noise Level
Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Clogging Issues Yes
Rosa

RosaSydney

It’s good but not Dyson good

I bought this vacuum a month ago after my old Dyson broke and I was tempted by the “allergy” part of this model. My kids all have allergies so I was desperate for anything that could help. It is good but there are times when things spit out while I vacuum. Sometimes it’s because something is stuck but other times I can’t figure it out. So I have to revacum an area a number of times. I have also noticed a change in suction when it gets full. I don’t know if I’ve assembled it wrong but it just doesn’t seem the same quality as other dysons.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

dotcole

dotcole

Very heavy going

Date PurchasedMar 2018

rachel

rachel

Good suction, some poor engineering

Casey C

Casey CMelbourne

Great product

Very happy with this purchase, we tried but just couldn’t go past the Dyson! With animals in the house it definitely improved my allergies
The vacume is easy to use and lightweight doesn’t get stuck around corners and automatically fixes itself if it tips, perfect for our carpet and wooden floors without having to change heads, the only downside of the product would be the power cord is too short

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Josh S.

Josh S.Adelaide

Great vacuum, easy to use.

When I first used this vacuum after purchasing, it picked up so much dust through my thick carpets, using the turbo head.. I couldn't be happier! When emptying it, the barrel is a little bit dicky trying to push back into place as it sometimes gets stuck.. But no real issues! Usually pretty easy to empty, and it has no filter, so no trouble having to clean out filters.. If you have the money, you're better off paying for something you know will last such as these Dyson Vacuums.

Jackie

JackieHervey Bay

Noisy!

This is not as good as the DC02 it replaced! It sounds like you’re towing a jet engine around the house. I have a four bedroom house,tiled and bamboo floors and the turbo head sucks up, rattles and spits out anything larger than a tiny crumb! It doesn’t come with a hard floor attachment. Difficult to maneuver. So....rather disappointed.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Frank&Estelle

Frank&EstelleHunter Region, NSW

I hate it with a passion

This is not a allrounder vacuum. Cant do the car, cant do hard floors, Wife cant assemble. Powerhead get jammed on a toothpick or lego piece.Difficult the empty. losses suction when fuller. Heavy and does not roll well. What wre we thinking buying this junk. Worse vacuum ever owned. Doesnt pickup dog hair well Got my old Miele out of the Garage back on duty...

Hunters

HuntersJerrabomberra

Sucks - in a good way

This thing is a beast. Beats every othe vacuum I have ever owned in every department. The suction is aggressive but still allows total movement. It is well built, tough but still light enough for me to throw around as needed. The accessories all snap on easily and are super effective.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

boby

bobyToormina

The vacuum cleaner I have been waiting for

I bought this product after receiving good response from my friends. Never looses suction. Very good performance with carpets. I was specifically looking for a vacuum cleaner which has sufficient suction power due to dust allergy issues. The turbo brush attachment works exceptionally well picks up everything from floor. Felt bit heavy to maneuver but ok.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Sound

SoundSydney

Excellent Choice

Carpet about 120 square meter and tiled floor 70 square meter. Fabulous. We have been having an in built vacuum system for 17 years and suction was horrible and Dyson has rectified everything what we have been looking for. It is easy to move around with. After vacuuming I feel that we are having a new carpet.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

MaxBoston

MaxBostonMelbourne

Great vacuum but not perfect!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
PG4

PG4

Great for hardfloors

Very quiet and easy to empty once full. The fact that it doesn't fall over makes it very easy to use. The only negatives would be that the original head is not good for carpet and the vacuum gets damaged if it hits the wall. All in all, worth the money.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Cinta

CintaSydney

Good little vac

Bought this for my mum to use in her little townhouse.
Perfect size for her needs and it work really well. It's light for her to hold and take it up and down the stairs. The only problem is because it's so small and also has such good suction she has to empty after every room, depending.

She uses it on carpet and on her floorboards, it does a great job on both. The head fits just under her couch so she can finally get under there without moving the whole thing.

It doesn't seem to have the power of our old full size Dyson but I am happy to trade power for manoeuvrability.

lisa

lisa

It’s ok not as good as I hoped

Not as powerful as I hoped
Not as good as some of the older models
Bit pricey but shop around
Good on carpet n tiles
Looks good but bulky
Noisy and gets a lot of blockages. Easy to empty but flimsy sometime it can fall open without warning when emptying it

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Ros Rav

Ros RavMelbourne

This is the perfect vacuum cleaner!

The suction power on this vacuum cleaner is out of this world!
I have replaced and gone through so many vacuum cleaners from various companies. This is because I was hesitant to pay such a big price for a vacuum cleaner. But I am completely satisfied with the purchase because it cleans all my floors (Carpet/Tiles) very well. Its so easy to empty the dust bin aswell.

Also the Dyson Warranty Service is outstanding! I accidentally dropped the Vacuum and broke a plastic screw holding the wheel on. But Dyson told me to take it to the service center and fixed it in 2 business days.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

nab

nabColyton

best vaccum

nice , easy to use,,,, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,, ,, , ,,, , , ,, ,, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,, , ,, , , , ,, , , ,

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Lexi

LexiBoronia

Disappointed

I purchased the Dyson Big Ball Allergy about six months ago. Since then we have adopted a Jack Russell dog. This vacuum cleaner really struggles with lifting dog hair. I am also disappointed with general dirt pick up compared to the Shark cleaner that I used to have. I was expecting much better performance

Date PurchasedJul 2017

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Robertasked

We have a dyson cinetic big ball allergy ... the power head has just stopped working. We have dismantled and reassembled the head and there are no blockages and there are no blockages in the machine. It still has good suction, just the power brush is not working. Any ideas?

Mumof4boys
Mumof4boys

Hey,
Make sure it's not tangled with hair or anything like that (cotton etc)

Hi Mumof4boys.
Thanks, we have done that too with no success.

Hi Robert,

I am sorry to hear about this.

We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help in getting this resolved.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you.

Rain

Rainasked

I have a Dyson 214891-01 Cinetic Big Ball Allergy Barrel Vacuum and recently bought a Dyson 920018 Swivel Hard Floor Attachment, but it does not fit my vacuum! This is despite it being advertised as "fits all models except DC01, DC21 Motorhead, DC23 Motorhead and cordless models". Is there an adapter to make it fit?

Hi Rain,

Thank you for your query.

In the box included with your Cinetic Big Ball machine at time of purchase, there is an adaptor included to allow use of accessories purchased at store. You can see it in use here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGAgc2Cw6wg

If we can assist further, please just reach out via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be more than happy to help.

Facebook.com/Dyson

Catherine C

Catherine Casked

I have just brought this today, great suction lasted about 10 minutes, it already doesnt suck very well! Emptied it and checked for blockages (definatly not, because i only vacuumed a small area). This is so disappointing! Does anyone have advice?

Dennis
Dennis

I would take straight back to your retailer for an exchange.

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for reaching out.

I am sorry to hear about this, understanding you have checked for blockages, we would encourage you to double check just in case. You can find our blockage checkpoints here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/cy23_new/dyson-cinetic-big-ball-allergy/my-machine-is-not-working/checking-for-blockages-step-by-step-guide-dmft/removing-blockages-from-the-turbine-head

If this doesn't solve the problem, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy and we will be happy to help. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8 am - 8 pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30 am - 4 pm AEDST.

Facebook.com/Dyson

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

CategoryBarrel Vacuum Cleaners