Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy (page 3 of 7)

MPNs: 214891-01 and 36262391

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (6) · No (4)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (3) · No (7)

PG4

PG4

Great for hardfloors

Very quiet and easy to empty once full. The fact that it doesn't fall over makes it very easy to use. The only negatives would be that the original head is not good for carpet and the vacuum gets damaged if it hits the wall. All in all, worth the money.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Cinta

CintaSydney

Good little vac

Bought this for my mum to use in her little townhouse.
Perfect size for her needs and it work really well. It's light for her to hold and take it up and down the stairs. The only problem is because it's so small and also has such good suction she has to empty after every room, depending.

She uses it on carpet and on her floorboards, it does a great job on both. The head fits just under her couch so she can finally get under there without moving the whole thing.

It doesn't seem to have the power of our old full size Dyson but I am happy to trade power for manoeuvrability.

lisa

lisa

It’s ok not as good as I hoped

Not as powerful as I hoped
Not as good as some of the older models
Bit pricey but shop around
Good on carpet n tiles
Looks good but bulky
Noisy and gets a lot of blockages. Easy to empty but flimsy sometime it can fall open without warning when emptying it

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Ros Rav

Ros RavMelbourne

This is the perfect vacuum cleaner!

The suction power on this vacuum cleaner is out of this world!
I have replaced and gone through so many vacuum cleaners from various companies. This is because I was hesitant to pay such a big price for a vacuum cleaner. But I am completely satisfied with the purchase because it cleans all my floors (Carpet/Tiles) very well. Its so easy to empty the dust bin aswell.

Also the Dyson Warranty Service is outstanding! I accidentally dropped the Vacuum and broke a plastic screw holding the wheel on. But Dyson told me to take it to the service center and fixed it in 2 business days.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Lexi

LexiBoronia

Disappointed

I purchased the Dyson Big Ball Allergy about six months ago. Since then we have adopted a Jack Russell dog. This vacuum cleaner really struggles with lifting dog hair. I am also disappointed with general dirt pick up compared to the Shark cleaner that I used to have. I was expecting much better performance

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Debb

DebbREDLAND BAY

Happy with purchase

Hi...I was looking for a cleaner that could help take out more from carpet. I was so surprised with the amount of dirt/dust coming up especially when I actually thought the carpet was clean to begin with.
The suction is great...its easy to move around and good on both carpet and vinyl.

I have no problem recommending this product....i am very happy

Sarah L

Sarah LBrisbane

Superior vacuum

We were always hesitant to get a Dyson because of the price. With a new baby, a car, and carpeted floors however we made the investment. It’s definitely be worth it as it’s a far superior vacuum to any one I’ve ever owned. It really gets the dust and dirt out of the carpets. The bagless canister is easy to use and you save money not needed to replace the bags. No filters to clean either is a huge bonus. I recommend Dysons now to anyone in the market for a vacuum.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Morgan

MorganIpswich

Great Vacuum

Jim

JimPerth

Does what was expected

Does the job and removes a lot of the dust issues that I had. The price is OK but the machine seems a little lacking in robustness and has taken a couple of knocks so far that it has not done well with. I would recommend it for allergies, but the better models probably do the same job.

Trev

Trev

Waist of $799. Don't believe the promotions

It cost $799 and as mentioned in another review, the brush spits the dirt out when it is full with debris. Very poor suction and takes longer to vacuum.
On the floor boards the power of the brush blows the dirt away. It is not suitable for floor boards.
I had to empty the dirt three times when cleaning the house. My home is only 32 squares.
My old $189 vacuum was only emptied once every two months.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Annabelle100Perth, WA

Going in the wrong direction

Annabelle100

There was an adapter in the box however it did not connect with tools from my old Dyson so it was useless to me.

Mark1966

Mark1966Darwin, NT

ITs ok but a step backwards for Dyson

Date PurchasedAug 2016
HELENVASILIOU

HELENVASILIOUSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very, very noisy. Very disappointed

Suction good on carpet, on tiles it seems to blow all light particles away.
Easier to manoeuvre than my last Dyson, but its so noisy I stopped using it, I am using my old Dyson again.
My area is very large. I got carpet and porcelain tiles.
I am very disappointed, I was expecting it to have a very quiet motor, maybe it's a faulty one.
Has anybody else got the same problem

JackieAU

Horrible cheap plastic rubbish

Carpet lino awful to push with the turbo head very hard on your back 18sq house Terrible cheap plastic rubbish compared to my last one i bought 18 years ago this one wont last as long hard to empty and close i even picked it up to empty it once and the bottom fell down dust everywhere the clip is rubbish as well hate it so much will never buy another grrrr

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Jackie

No my last one had steel tube much stronger loved that vacuum a lot easier to use empty etc

Hanoon

HanoonBONNYRIGG HEIGHTS

It is the beat

I brougt this vacuum cleaner after i had very expensive one before like the one made overseas i had nothing but trouble but when I brought this one is much better it light easy to use clean very good very quiet and don't have to pay for bag its bagless

MattB

MattB

Very Disappointed

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball is very disappointing, not worth $799, we really should have got a new motor fitted to our 8-9yrs old Dyson DC23. The quality and functions are far less than the DC23, it requires FULL dis-assembly to store in the same place as the DC23, the DC23 did not require any form of dis-assembly for storage.

Nick

NickWestern Australia, 6112

What a great buy!!

before I bought this machine, I could never clean the carpet properly! thanks to this Dyson Big Ball Allergy Barrel Vacuum, I manage to clean the carpet thoroughly because I have a cat as a pet. being bagless also means that I never have to replace the bag and it has many cyclones in it to prevent the loss of suction. Yes I agree the price can be quite pricey for some people, but once you try the Dyson, you never want to buy other brands.

Date PurchasedOct 2014
DreamerZZZ

DreamerZZZSydney, NSW

Very good suction power.

Happy with this vaccum.
Price is a bit over my budget, but it's a good product and has longer warrenty compare to other brands.
Not hard to maneuver most of the time, however, it does get caught at the doorframe when you try to drag it to another room because of the ball shaped body.

Electric cord has good length for me to vacuum the living room and the kitchen next to it without plugging it to different powerpoints (I live in an apartment).

More noisy than I expected. But I got used to the noise quickly after using it a few times. I like the different types of brushes to suit areas like ceiling, corners etc.

Overall a good vaccum for the household.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sam

SamSydney, NSW

very powerful

I purchase this vacuum this year from the good guys and I'm very happy with its powerful sucking , I own similar vacuum with different brand they state on it as its higher voltage but its not even half of the power of this Dyson vacuum, its great vacuum and I highly recommend it to everyone

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Dan

DanGippsland, VIC

Constant innovation with incredible service

Every time i buy another one of these there are subtle but significant improvements. Dyson never stands still. Now self uprighting, significantly lighter than earlier models, with improved tooling and no filters to change or clean. Combined with Dyson's known unparalleled suction,competitive price and no quibbles efficient service why would anyone settle for anything less

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Sherryl R.

Sherryl R.asked

Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

Hi I am wondering where is the filter located for Dyson Cinetic Big Ball allergy

DysonDyson

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball features Dyson Cinetic Science. Dyson Cinetic Science is so efficient, the dust and dirt is separated from the air into the bin, without the need for a washable filter. The machine has a post motor filter which is there to capture carbon dust from the motor however is designed to last the lifetime of the machine without the need to wash/replace it.

Dyson Cinetic Science features ultra-efficient cyclones with Cinetic tips. These tips allow our cyclones to be small, and they vibrate to ensure the ultra-fine dust doesn't clog them, rather, ends up in the bin for you to empty when you have finished your cleaning session.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help.You can find ways to get in touch here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Robertasked

Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

We have a dyson cinetic big ball allergy ... the power head has just stopped working. We have dismantled and reassembled the head and there are no blockages and there are no blockages in the machine. It still has good suction, just the power brush is not working. Any ideas?

Mumof4boys
Mumof4boys

Hey,
Make sure it's not tangled with hair or anything like that (cotton etc)

Hi Mumof4boys.
Thanks, we have done that too with no success.

Hi Robert,

I am sorry to hear about this.

We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help in getting this resolved.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you.

Best wishes,

Shan

Rain

Rainasked

Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

I have a Dyson 214891-01 Cinetic Big Ball Allergy Barrel Vacuum and recently bought a Dyson 920018 Swivel Hard Floor Attachment, but it does not fit my vacuum! This is despite it being advertised as "fits all models except DC01, DC21 Motorhead, DC23 Motorhead and cordless models". Is there an adapter to make it fit?

Hi Rain,

Thank you for your query.

In the box included with your Cinetic Big Ball machine at time of purchase, there is an adaptor included to allow use of accessories purchased at store. You can see it in use here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGAgc2Cw6wg

If we can assist further, please just reach out via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be more than happy to help.

Best wishes,

Shan
Facebook.com/Dyson

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy