Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy (page 4 of 7)

MPNs: 214891-01 and 36262391

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (6) · No (4)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (3) · No (7)

change of mind

after having our vacuum for a year i've decided that if I needed a new vacuum i wouldn't buy another dyson as it doesn't seem to clean our carpet as well as it used to.The hard floor tool works well on the lino but the power head doesn't seem to work so well now.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Natasha Kikerkovski

Natasha KikerkovskiPrestons

Fantastic suction, but is it too Fantastic?

This vacuum is great, the suction is great but on certain surfaces the suction is so strong it gets stuck and doesn't move. It does turn upright if it's knocked over but this isn't really an important feature, if it didn't have this feature it wouldnt matter to me. It does pick up so much dust that you don't see and is great on our hard floors. The only issue is the suction which is also the best part. Very torn.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Kelli R.

Kelli R.Brisbane

Good suction easy to use

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Bebster

BebsterPerth, WA

Great vacuum cleaner

We purchase the blue one due to my partner having severe asthma. From the first time I used it my house never felt more clean! My partner went from using his asthma meds once a day to once a week and now it's once a month!! We have both carpet & tiles and it works amazing on both.
We love our Dyson!
The only downside is the noise (I've had Miele previously) and the short power cord.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Lora

LoraFremantle

Frustrated customer

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Mel

MelSydney

Disappointed

I recently purchased a Dyson Big Ball Allergy vacuum, after my previous Dyson, DC 08, purchased in 2002, died. Having loved my Dyson, with it's amazing powerhead, the decision to select another Dyson was an easy one. How wrong was I. This model with its turbo jet sounding motor, is totally useless in being able to suck up dog hair from wooden floorboards. The powerful head, actually blows the dog hair around the room and leaves me totally frustrated at how I am going to get the floors clean. I have reverted to using a broom and dust pan. If you have developed a top notch product, why not just stick with it?

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Bella

BellaRockhampton

Love this vacuum cleaner

The suction is unbelievable. We live in an area where our doors and windows are open through most of the year. This creates a lot of dust in the house. The Dyson gets it all and the floors feel wonderful. Its not heavy and is easy to get around in tight spaces. We have a combination of wooden, tiled, lino and carpet in a 2 story building.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Kirsty

KirstySalamander Bay

Cheap material with no suction

I recently bought a new allergy ball vacuum and I wish I hadn't spent all this money on something that has no suction. I need to go over the same spot numerous times to pick up a piece of fluff. The vacuum has not place to put the accessories like my old one and is made from cheap plastic.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Transvision Starr

Transvision StarrSydney

A little too expensive for what you get

It has great suction but within the first 3 months the head broke. Dyson happily helped my through it and sent me a replacement, but was very inconvenient as I had no vacuum for a few weeks.
For the price that it sells for, one would think that the hard floor attachment would be includuded, but it is not!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

MrNock

MrNockNSW, 2325

After 12 months it has Helped allergies by picking up dust and pet hair

After research saw this has the best buy as I could get other pet accessories. i suffered last year badly from allergies as we have cats. The suction is great, its helped reduce dust and must be sucking up dust mites and cat hair as my allergies have been so much better now. The ball makes it easy to move around on the carpet and lino.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Keryn

Keryn

right choice with dyson DC37C

flexible, great suction, reduce the dust, not too noisy, efficient. Compare to others, you dnt need to put too much hard work in using this great Dyson. We have another brand of vacuum cleaner, which entirely can not compare to this Dyson brand. We just need to run it once through and save a lot of time.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Pippy

PippyGold Coast, Qld

Liked the previous model

Our previous DC23 was pretty awesome and had lasted us for many many years so when it blew up we automatically went out and purchased the new model in the allergy range thinking it would be the best. However, I was quite disappointed in this new model. The suction just doesn't compare to our older model and it feels like a light weight cheap version. Yes, it is so much easier to pull around the house while vacuuming but it lacks the powerful suction of our previous one. Our accessory tools still fit this new superseded model which is a bonus but if i had my choice over, I would continuing researching.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Marten

MartenSydney

Excellent product

Everyone knows Dyson is an innovative company and their vacuum cleaners are constantly being updated with latest technology and designs. Ever piece of Dyson vacuum cleaner have been carefully thought through to give the best experience when using the product. There's quality workmanship throughout the whole product, inside and out.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Danzel

DanzelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Most Expensive And Most Worst Vacuum Cleaner I Ever Owned.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Kerri BaillieBrisbane

Disappointed in Dyson

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Smags

SmagsMelbourne

Useless over designed piece of rubbish

It is a complete waste of time and energy, over engineered and doesn't do the job it is designed for, fiddly, hard to empty, too many places for things to get stuck.
I'm a designer, I know when something has been designed by committee with last minute dodgy fixes that don't work

Date PurchasedMar 2017

WORST VACUUM I HAVE EVER USED!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Issues with emptying.

Have the Dyson cinetic big ball allergy for 12 months.
Since the day I got it I've had no end of trouble emptying the barrel.
It either opens itself up as I try and first remove it from its base and it spills all its contents all over the place.
If I can lift it off successfully then yeh ha !!!!!
Sadly once I empty it into the trash bin the bloody thing won't close properly.
The clip that attaches the barrel back together is so small and a bit out of line so closing it becomes an issue.
Don't think the Dyson is all its cracked up to be.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Trent

TrentNsw

Once loved dyson but disappointed

Date PurchasedApr 2017

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Sherryl R.

Sherryl R.asked

Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

Hi I am wondering where is the filter located for Dyson Cinetic Big Ball allergy

DysonDyson

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball features Dyson Cinetic Science. Dyson Cinetic Science is so efficient, the dust and dirt is separated from the air into the bin, without the need for a washable filter. The machine has a post motor filter which is there to capture carbon dust from the motor however is designed to last the lifetime of the machine without the need to wash/replace it.

Dyson Cinetic Science features ultra-efficient cyclones with Cinetic tips. These tips allow our cyclones to be small, and they vibrate to ensure the ultra-fine dust doesn't clog them, rather, ends up in the bin for you to empty when you have finished your cleaning session.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help.You can find ways to get in touch here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Robertasked

Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

We have a dyson cinetic big ball allergy ... the power head has just stopped working. We have dismantled and reassembled the head and there are no blockages and there are no blockages in the machine. It still has good suction, just the power brush is not working. Any ideas?

Mumof4boys
Mumof4boys

Hey,
Make sure it's not tangled with hair or anything like that (cotton etc)

Hi Mumof4boys.
Thanks, we have done that too with no success.

Hi Robert,

I am sorry to hear about this.

We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help in getting this resolved.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you.

Best wishes,

Shan

Rain

Rainasked

Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

I have a Dyson 214891-01 Cinetic Big Ball Allergy Barrel Vacuum and recently bought a Dyson 920018 Swivel Hard Floor Attachment, but it does not fit my vacuum! This is despite it being advertised as "fits all models except DC01, DC21 Motorhead, DC23 Motorhead and cordless models". Is there an adapter to make it fit?

Hi Rain,

Thank you for your query.

In the box included with your Cinetic Big Ball machine at time of purchase, there is an adaptor included to allow use of accessories purchased at store. You can see it in use here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGAgc2Cw6wg

If we can assist further, please just reach out via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be more than happy to help.

Best wishes,

Shan
Facebook.com/Dyson

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy