MPNs: 214891-01 and 36262391
See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (2)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (2) · No (3)
VG1
VG1South East Queensland, QLD

What a piece of rubbish

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Snoozer
SnoozerCentral Queensland, QLD

I miss my old Dyson

After owning a Dyson for 12 years why would I buy anything else... I was excited to see the benefits of 12 years of R&D how sad it was to go so far backwards and wish I never upgraded. The dust lid doesn't always lock properly and spills dust when you remove it, it is hard to move around especially doors, the attachments are always clogged and had to buy special tooling to disassemble clean the dust and hair from the belt and cogs in the head myself instead of always sending it back for repair. My Wife prefers using my $90 Bunnings shop vacuum as it does a better job.

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for $597.00.

Mitch B.
Mitch B.Perth, WA

Waste of money

Had an old school Dyson years ago and have fumbled our way through a myriad of cheaper alternatives for about 10 years.
Latest purchase was a Big ball allergy - quietly Hoping for quality once again.
Alas, it’s rubbish- outer wheel cover snapped off within 4 weeks. Persevered without it as needed a vacuum cleaner and now the head just flicks crap everywhere and it doesn’t pick anything up. $5 dustpan from BUNNINGS would out perform it.
Now the warranty cycle begins. More cheap plastic crap on the market, trust eroded.

Purchased in April 2019 at RetraVision for $499.00.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Frank
FrankRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Dyson Review for barrel vacuum cleaner

WARNING – WARNING – the ball wheel will BREAK OFF if pulled around wall corners and catches or catches on furniture. If left un-repaired, it will scratch hard surfaces.
This has happened twice over 2 years [once by myself and the other time by a helper] and for a $700+ machine there is a design flaw in that the half spheres on either side of the units are held on by a flimsy plastic fitting.

Their selling ploy is “”Steers easily around obstacles and follows without the awkward moves””” I suggest this is false advertising
Frank
7 May 2019

Karen k
Karen kSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t buy one!!!!!

Bought the Dyson last week, so disappointed. The head is hard to use on tiles, it’s stiff to push. Not like my old Dyson. Also the attachment does not have as strong suction, as old model. Contacted Dyson they told me to buy a a hand stick, I was hoping for a replacement, The person I spoke to had no idea what she was talking about. What a waste of $699. So frustrated.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

DysonDyson

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Brad
BradNowra NSW

Dismal, disappointing and to many flaws! :(

Date PurchasedDec 2017
ChrisPerth

False advertising

I am taking these guys to consumer affairs.
The ad says “engineered for allergies” we literally left the doctors after receiving results oh being highly allergic to dustmites to purchase this machine. We searched for the best money could by and forked our $799 of our hard earned on this new machine. The ad claims to “hygienically eject the dirt” however all we have found is to be covered by dust every time we open it. Have had it serviced, have had it checked, have had a replacement dust bin sent out yet this continues to spit dust. Looking forward to a full refund being awarded by consumer affairs after they enticed the purchase with false claims.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Chris

Hi Mira, we are well beyond pleasantries, the ACCC will be in touch.
Just ensuring future customers are well informed.
Kind Regards,

mouse
mouse

Worst vacuum iv'e had.

Big ball allergy Dyson vacuum is good for 2 minutes, my house is not dirty but a little dust accumulated at the back will stop my vac from sucking. I have a small three bedroom house and have to empty it about 10 times very frustrating. Not worth the money we paid. Taking it back to domayne where I bought it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
RosiePerth

Beyond disappointed

Date PurchasedDec 2016

HeathBrisbane

It Suck But A Disappointing Head.

Purchased in October 2018 for $699.00.

Frank&Estelle
Frank&EstelleHunter Region, NSW

I hate it with a passion

This is not a allrounder vacuum. Cant do the car, cant do hard floors, Wife cant assemble. Powerhead get jammed on a toothpick or lego piece.Difficult the empty. losses suction when fuller. Heavy and does not roll well. What wre we thinking buying this junk. Worse vacuum ever owned. Doesnt pickup dog hair well Got my old Miele out of the Garage back on duty...

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Trev
Trev

Waist of $799. Don't believe the promotions

It cost $799 and as mentioned in another review, the brush spits the dirt out when it is full with debris. Very poor suction and takes longer to vacuum.
On the floor boards the power of the brush blows the dirt away. It is not suitable for floor boards.
I had to empty the dirt three times when cleaning the house. My home is only 32 squares.
My old $189 vacuum was only emptied once every two months.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
HELENVASILIOU
HELENVASILIOUSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very, very noisy. Very disappointed

Suction good on carpet, on tiles it seems to blow all light particles away.
Easier to manoeuvre than my last Dyson, but its so noisy I stopped using it, I am using my old Dyson again.
My area is very large. I got carpet and porcelain tiles.
I am very disappointed, I was expecting it to have a very quiet motor, maybe it's a faulty one.
Has anybody else got the same problem

Date PurchasedOct 2017
JackieAU

Horrible cheap plastic rubbish

Carpet lino awful to push with the turbo head very hard on your back 18sq house Terrible cheap plastic rubbish compared to my last one i bought 18 years ago this one wont last as long hard to empty and close i even picked it up to empty it once and the bottom fell down dust everywhere the clip is rubbish as well hate it so much will never buy another grrrr

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Jackie

No my last one had steel tube much stronger loved that vacuum a lot easier to use empty etc

MattB
MattB

Very Disappointed

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball is very disappointing, not worth $799, we really should have got a new motor fitted to our 8-9yrs old Dyson DC23. The quality and functions are far less than the DC23, it requires FULL dis-assembly to store in the same place as the DC23, the DC23 did not require any form of dis-assembly for storage.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Sherryl R.
Sherryl R.asked
Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

Hi I am wondering where is the filter located for Dyson Cinetic Big Ball allergy

DysonDyson

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball features Dyson Cinetic Science. Dyson Cinetic Science is so efficient, the dust and dirt is separated from the air into the bin, without the need for a washable filter. The machine has a post motor filter which is there to capture carbon dust from the motor however is designed to last the lifetime of the machine without the need to wash/replace it.

Dyson Cinetic Science features ultra-efficient cyclones with Cinetic tips. These tips allow our cyclones to be small, and they vibrate to ensure the ultra-fine dust doesn't clog them, rather, ends up in the bin for you to empty when you have finished your cleaning session.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help.You can find ways to get in touch here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Robertasked
Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

We have a dyson cinetic big ball allergy ... the power head has just stopped working. We have dismantled and reassembled the head and there are no blockages and there are no blockages in the machine. It still has good suction, just the power brush is not working. Any ideas?

Mumof4boys
Mumof4boys

Hey,
Make sure it's not tangled with hair or anything like that (cotton etc)

Hi Mumof4boys.
Thanks, we have done that too with no success.

Hi Robert,

I am sorry to hear about this.

We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help in getting this resolved.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you.

Best wishes,

Shan

Rain
Rainasked
Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

I have a Dyson 214891-01 Cinetic Big Ball Allergy Barrel Vacuum and recently bought a Dyson 920018 Swivel Hard Floor Attachment, but it does not fit my vacuum! This is despite it being advertised as "fits all models except DC01, DC21 Motorhead, DC23 Motorhead and cordless models". Is there an adapter to make it fit?

Hi Rain,

Thank you for your query.

In the box included with your Cinetic Big Ball machine at time of purchase, there is an adaptor included to allow use of accessories purchased at store. You can see it in use here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGAgc2Cw6wg

If we can assist further, please just reach out via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be more than happy to help.

Best wishes,

Shan
Facebook.com/Dyson

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball