MPNs: 214891-01 and 36262391
See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (2) · No (1)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (1) · No (2)

saphire
saphireAdelaide

Not worth the money, unlike older Dysons. Design flaws plague this model.

Purchased in May 2016 at Dyson for $599.25.

JacSouth Australia

Worst model

This unit is terrible , Ive had it for 2years and now the rotating head wont rotate, suction is awful even after emptying barrel.
Head is forever flicking up more dirt than it sucks in .

Purchased in November 2017.

Jac

Thank you , Ive done the above a couple of times and unfortunately its still not rotating . I will send my details as instructed above .

lynpettitt79
lynpettitt79

I wish I could like it, but it's really poor!

Purchased in April 2017.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Lalistar
Lalistar

Won't be buying Dyson again

Date PurchasedMay 2018
debcoopz6
debcoopz6sydney

I'm very frustrated with my Dyson Ball

My Dyson ball vacuum does not vacuum forwards, ie I can only vacuum is by pulling the vacuum back (not forward). I am very frustrated with it. I have cleaned out everything and know there are no blockages. Would appreciate the answer to why my vacuum can't vacuum forwards on my carpet.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
DysonDyson

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Two years And That Is The End Of This Disaster.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
SamiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible save your money

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sami

Your customer service is as good as the machine ! What a waste of time contacting you, you were no help whatsoever.

Helen

Very heavy going

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Danzel
DanzelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Most Expensive And Most Worst Vacuum Cleaner I Ever Owned.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Issues with emptying.

Have the Dyson cinetic big ball allergy for 12 months.
Since the day I got it I've had no end of trouble emptying the barrel.
It either opens itself up as I try and first remove it from its base and it spills all its contents all over the place.
If I can lift it off successfully then yeh ha !!!!!
Sadly once I empty it into the trash bin the bloody thing won't close properly.
The clip that attaches the barrel back together is so small and a bit out of line so closing it becomes an issue.
Don't think the Dyson is all its cracked up to be.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Vickie
Vickiepinjarra

Filter blocks faster then the canister.

I clean a doctors building and the cord is too short, good thing it rolls back to position when tired over. The filter gets blocked faster then the canister, i need to empty too many times. It didn't come with a hard floor brush, so using the power head on the hard floor doesn't get into smaller spaces which means I need to bring my home vacuum in to clean thoes areas. Had others come into work with me and they all complain about the vacuum.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Disappointed

Very disappointed in this vacuum. It is so loud on hard floors, the head doesn't follow walls very easily and most of all it doesn't pick up all the dirt or larger bits on hard floors. What use to take me 20mins to vacuum it now takes me an extra 10-15 because I have to keep going over the same spots to pick it all up. It's like the head rotates to fast and spits the dirt out. At times you can feel it hit your feet. On the other hand it is good on carpet, I am so disappointed that for $800 the technology is meant to advance not get worse.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Maria
Maria
Sharon
SharonMelbourne

The wheel has fallen off twice!!!!!!

I bought this $800 vacuum as my son has allergies. As i took the vacuum out of the box the wheel fell off. It was brand new! So i returned it and it took them 2 weeks to send me a new vacuum. After about 3 months the same thing happened.... the wheel fell off. So again i sent the vacuum back and it took 2 weeks for them to repair it and send it back. Imagine not vacuuming the house for 2 weeks. And the Customer Service staff never apologised.
Poor quality for such an expensive vacuum.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
DezzeryAustralia

Rubbish, no feel and ruins short pile carpet

Date PurchasedNov 2016

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Sherryl R.
Sherryl R.asked
Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

Hi I am wondering where is the filter located for Dyson Cinetic Big Ball allergy

DysonDyson

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball features Dyson Cinetic Science. Dyson Cinetic Science is so efficient, the dust and dirt is separated from the air into the bin, without the need for a washable filter. The machine has a post motor filter which is there to capture carbon dust from the motor however is designed to last the lifetime of the machine without the need to wash/replace it.

Dyson Cinetic Science features ultra-efficient cyclones with Cinetic tips. These tips allow our cyclones to be small, and they vibrate to ensure the ultra-fine dust doesn't clog them, rather, ends up in the bin for you to empty when you have finished your cleaning session.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help.You can find ways to get in touch here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Robertasked
Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

We have a dyson cinetic big ball allergy ... the power head has just stopped working. We have dismantled and reassembled the head and there are no blockages and there are no blockages in the machine. It still has good suction, just the power brush is not working. Any ideas?

Mumof4boys
Mumof4boys

Hey,
Make sure it's not tangled with hair or anything like that (cotton etc)

Hi Mumof4boys.
Thanks, we have done that too with no success.

Hi Robert,

I am sorry to hear about this.

We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help in getting this resolved.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you.

Best wishes,

Shan

Rain
Rainasked
Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

I have a Dyson 214891-01 Cinetic Big Ball Allergy Barrel Vacuum and recently bought a Dyson 920018 Swivel Hard Floor Attachment, but it does not fit my vacuum! This is despite it being advertised as "fits all models except DC01, DC21 Motorhead, DC23 Motorhead and cordless models". Is there an adapter to make it fit?

Hi Rain,

Thank you for your query.

In the box included with your Cinetic Big Ball machine at time of purchase, there is an adaptor included to allow use of accessories purchased at store. You can see it in use here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGAgc2Cw6wg

If we can assist further, please just reach out via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be more than happy to help.

Best wishes,

Shan
Facebook.com/Dyson

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Allergy questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball