Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

MPN: 36262390

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

3.6

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (10) · No (4)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (5) · No (9)
sstip

sstipHobart, TAS

It has issues

I have had numerous dysons over the last 25 years. This is by far the least well designed. While suction is excellent. Yes, you have to clean the brushes on the turbo head every now and then but I have to do that on all of them. The main design fault with this dyson is that the barrel, when you want to remove it to empty it, opens up and the contents get emptied all over the vacuum cleaner and your floor. So you have to clean the machine re-assemble it and then vacuum the floor, albeit small portion of it, again. The design of this one is very much bellow par in comparison to other dysons.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Floor Type Carpet

Completely Useless

Purchased in March 2020 at Noel Leeming for A$700.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood
mib0004

mib0004Hunter Region, NSW

Very disappointed, not worth the money.

We bought this Dyson after having 15 years faithful service from our previous Dyson.
We are extremely disappointed with the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro.
The problem with this one is mostly the emptying motion. It is like some fancy designer who has never used one got the contract. The bottom flops open and the barrel moves down just enough to cover the fine mesh filter making it difficult to clean out. Then it doesn't always clip back together properly. I am also wondering for the price why did they become so stingy with the cord length. It is about 2m shorter than the old unit and never seems to be just long enough.
The current Dyson cleaners are nowhere near the quality of earlier models. I would never buy one again.

Purchased in January 2019 at Betta Home Living for A$900.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Judith S.

Judith S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do Not Buy Dyson, Never again Dyson

Purchased in May 2018 at The Good Guys for A$800.00.

wintopCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Another bitterly disappointed Dyson customer...

Purchased at Dyson.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are disappointed with your new Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro.

We are keen to assist and discuss your concerns further. If you could please forward your details and review to auaskdyson@dyson.com we will be in touch shortly.

DeniseC

DeniseCSydney, NSW

Bitterly disappointed

I paid $700 (on special) for this cleaner which was delivered in January 2018, I had an early model Dyson which was very loud but a great cleaner. A part broke but because of age of cleaner, replacement part not available. When we release the barrel on the new cleaner to empty it, it spits the contents on the floor. When the barrel is less than half full, the suction dies alarmingly and the cleaner has to be emptied. The cleaner is still under warranty but frankly I would prefer my money back. So disappointed! The cleaner is used on carpet and tiles. I bought this one as we have a cat. It does pick up the cat fur extremely well. But when you have to keep emptying it when it is not even half full, it is not worth it.

Purchased in January 2018 at David Jones Online Store for A$700.00.

jodiev1980

jodiev1980South West, WA

So Disappointed! Wish I'd read the Reviews!

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for A$800.00.

black-cSydney Surrounds, NSW

Motor burnout after 3 years.

This is our second Dyson barrel vac. First one burnt the motor out after 7 years.
Purchased this supposedly bigger and better and more expensive machine 3 years ago. Motor has burnt out once again.
We have a Dyson handheld that gets more use than this and has had no issues.
I guess you don’t get what you pay for.

Purchased in June 2016 for A$700.00.

Floor Type Wood
black-c

Too late. Purchased a new meile

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Should you change your mind, feel free to reach out. We are only happy to help.

Dayanari J.

Dayanari J.Perth, WA

Suction is amazing

I have 2 hairy pets and this product is a life saver. I have used 2 different brands before buying this in 2017 when my fist bub came along and I needed something that does the job properly since the animal fur was in the air!! and 3 years later still in good working condition and the only downside is that the smooth rotation stops when my hair gets stuck in the thing. overall, pretty good.

Purchased in May 2017 for A$800.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

John DuveAustralian Capital Territory

Poor design

This vacuum cleaner is horrible. it has ruined my wife’s birthday because the unloading mechanism is so sensitive that it dumps the contents on the floor. The bin is so small that we have to reach in to clear hair that is not dislodged by the opening mechanism. Dyson are trading on their goid name and we paid a premium for it. It is definitely not fit for purpose and we will be seeking a refund

Purchased in April 2019 at David Jones for A$900.00.

Floor Type Carpet
John Duve

We have now been in direct contact with Dyson. Dyson should also address the design fault that ensures that the hairs and dust remain stuck until extracted by hand, making dust go all over the place and on the user.

Lauren

Lauren

Great product

Use it almost every day. Great suction. Very rarely gets blocked. Easy to empty waste with push button release. Easy to pull around house and get into tight nooky and crannies

Purchased in April 2018.

j.tidyman

j.tidyman

I want my old Dyson upright back!!!

Previously had a Dyson upright, decided to upgrade as a xmas gift for the house 2 years ago. From the moment i used for the first time I disliked the new dyson ball. The pipe/wand and attachments are flimsy, and feel very cheap. Im always weary not to put to much pressure on them in case they break. I feel the older model upright Dyson did 100% better job and would revert back to an upright if they still made them.

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for A$999.00.

Gabe

GabeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Id rather invest in a kirby

Bought this product nothing compared to the kirby I bought in 2005 and guess what the kirby still works and sucks everything in its path.. too bad kirby on sells door to door....

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$999.00.

Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dyson Cinetic big ball animal pro.

Seriously disappointed in this vacuum considering how much it costs.
The suction is not very effective (despite emptying the barrel before needing to).
I feel like it just moves the crumbs around the carpet as opposed to vacuuming them up.
My old Hoover did a significantly better job and it was literally half the price.
A few positives about this machine..
1) The vacuum always remains upright (due to its ball shape).
2) Comes with lots of attachments for different uses.
3) The vacuum hose never kinks.

Zdraco

ZdracoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst ever vacuum I've ever brought

Firstly, the cleaning shut lid. Its so easily come undone the moment you pick the barrel up to go empty the dirt content.
the power suction is weak, the noise it makes is too loud, it doesn't pick up fluff or animal hair first go but 3 to 5 times over the same area before you can't see any fluff or hair, the connectors holder doesn't stay where it is but slides down the extension handle or pipe and it so easily get clogged up which is disappointing since you have to constantly stop and clean it before you can continue your cleaning.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Date PurchasedNov 2018
BusyMum 6798

BusyMum 6798Sydney

Very disappointed

Two main weaknesses - the clip that stops the dirty contents falling out the bottom of the barrel (as used to empty the cleaner) comes loose very easily as it's so flimsy - many times this has happened when carrying the barrel to the outside bin and contents of barrel end up all over the floor. Secondly, when vacuuming carpet, carpet fluff builds up around nozzle head and inside the connection cylinders which has to be removed manually quite frequently and is not easy to do.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Thomas

Thomas

Great vacuum

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Mish

MishMelbourne

Love my Dyson!

Love the Dyson Big Ball vac! It’s easy and light weight to maneuver and just as easy to empty! The suction power is like no other I have ever used and cleaning is thorough. I find all the connections that come with the vacuum useful for different areas of cleaning. The adjustable stick is also great for getting into hard to reach places and also convenient to suit the user’s height!
I also love that it takes a few sessions before the barrel needs to be emptied!! The floor head works a treat on tiles too!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Shelley

Shelleyasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Hi , I have a dyson cinetic big ball which has started blowing lots of dust out the back of the ball. The filters appear to be clean. What do you think is wrong with it and how do I get it working properly again. It is less than a year old.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We certainly wouldn't anticipate your Cinetic Big Ball machine to expel dust from the exhaust of the machine.

Please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting with a resolution.

SusieD
SusieD

Ours has started doing this too, lots of dust blowing out the back. I will also try calling Dyson for advice.

Camdarr

Camdarrasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

We’ve had our Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro for about 2 years now and have just moved from a place that had wall to wall carpet, to a place that has no carpet and newly-installed hardwood floors. Three questions: 1 & 2. What are the wheels on the unit itself made from and are they ok to pull along the hardwood floor without scratching at all? 3. What are the best tools to use as not to scratch the floor? Thanks!

Dyson Team ..Dyson

The wheels on your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machine are made of plastic, with a softer plastic tip on the sides.

While we don't anticipate any difficulties, we would encourage ensuring the wheels are clean prior to use.

For the most delicate cleaning of hard floors, we would encourage using the Swivel Hard Floor Tool, included with your Big Ball Animal Pro.

If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com. Alternatively, if you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Amanda W

Amanda Wasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Our power head was accidentally taken over a smelly liquid on the floor and now the brush head smells, can we wash it?

Dodokebab
Dodokebab

I’m no expert just someone who purchased one recently. Pretty sure the Dyson rep said not to submerge it in water when washing it. I hunk get said he usual damp cloth wipe over. You probably should actually call Dyson and ask them in case there’s electrical stuff in the head that’ll get damaged if wet. Such a pain that this has happened to you. I hope you manage to get it sorted out ok! Goodluck!

Hi Amanda,

The Turbine head for your machine does not have any electrics as it is driven by the air of the machine, that being said we do not recommend completely submerging the head in water as if not completely dry when used again it will damage the machine.

Try using a damp cloth and if the smell remains please call our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy.

Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm.

Best wishes,

Sam
Dyson Customer Care

Michael W.
Michael W.

Hi honestly send aucustomercare@dyson.com say that the motor head stopped working send them pictures as proof and they will send a new one out to you. Otherwise you will be up for $135

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives