MPN: 36262390

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (13) · No (5)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (7) · No (11)

GlennSyd

GlennSydSydney, NSW

Good, but not great

Purchased in May 2019.

jenn96

jenn96Goulburn Valley, VIC

motor smells and makes popping sound,cost me $180 for repair to some internal filter that can't be accessed by user.

I use this on tile,wood and carpet and alternate between the power head and hard floor tool,I purchased it nearly 4yo for around $700. It has had light use maybe fortnightly,the motor has just blown up and im taking it to dyson for a quote

Purchased at Dyson for $700.00.

Mark Goodley

Mark GoodleyNortheast, VIC

Rubbish

I have to agree with all the other complaints on here.
Dust blowing out the back of the machine, have already replaced ( the lifetime) filter.
Collection bin is ridiculously small. The clip on the bin is totally useless and non functional. The turbo brush constantly jams. The power button jams, as well as the cord retract.
Is only two years old, if I could find the receipt I would be returning it for my $1000 dollars back.
Will never recommend to anyone.

Purchased in June 2019 for $999.00.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

unsatisfied customer

unsatisfied customerSydney, NSW

2nd review after owning for 6 months

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $599.00.

sstip

sstipHobart, TAS

It has issues

I have had numerous dysons over the last 25 years. This is by far the least well designed. While suction is excellent. Yes, you have to clean the brushes on the turbo head every now and then but I have to do that on all of them. The main design fault with this dyson is that the barrel, when you want to remove it to empty it, opens up and the contents get emptied all over the vacuum cleaner and your floor. So you have to clean the machine re-assemble it and then vacuum the floor, albeit small portion of it, again. The design of this one is very much bellow par in comparison to other dysons.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Completely Useless

Purchased in March 2020 at Noel Leeming for $700.00.

mib0004

mib0004Hunter Region, NSW

Very disappointed, not worth the money.

We bought this Dyson after having 15 years faithful service from our previous Dyson.
We are extremely disappointed with the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro.
The problem with this one is mostly the emptying motion. It is like some fancy designer who has never used one got the contract. The bottom flops open and the barrel moves down just enough to cover the fine mesh filter making it difficult to clean out. Then it doesn't always clip back together properly. I am also wondering for the price why did they become so stingy with the cord length. It is about 2m shorter than the old unit and never seems to be just long enough.
The current Dyson cleaners are nowhere near the quality of earlier models. I would never buy one again.

Purchased in January 2019 at Betta Home Living for $900.00.

Judith S.

Judith S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do Not Buy Dyson, Never again Dyson

Purchased in May 2018 at The Good Guys for $800.00.

wintopCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Another bitterly disappointed Dyson customer...

Purchased at Dyson.

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear you are disappointed with your new Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro.

We are keen to assist and discuss your concerns further. If you could please forward your details and review to auaskdyson@dyson.com we will be in touch shortly.

DeniseC

DeniseCSydney, NSW

Bitterly disappointed

I paid $700 (on special) for this cleaner which was delivered in January 2018, I had an early model Dyson which was very loud but a great cleaner. A part broke but because of age of cleaner, replacement part not available. When we release the barrel on the new cleaner to empty it, it spits the contents on the floor. When the barrel is less than half full, the suction dies alarmingly and the cleaner has to be emptied. The cleaner is still under warranty but frankly I would prefer my money back. So disappointed! The cleaner is used on carpet and tiles. I bought this one as we have a cat. It does pick up the cat fur extremely well. But when you have to keep emptying it when it is not even half full, it is not worth it.

Purchased in January 2018 at David Jones Online Store for $700.00.

jodiev1980

jodiev1980South West, WA

So Disappointed! Wish I'd read the Reviews!

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $800.00.

black-cSydney Surrounds, NSW

Motor burnout after 3 years.

This is our second Dyson barrel vac. First one burnt the motor out after 7 years.
Purchased this supposedly bigger and better and more expensive machine 3 years ago. Motor has burnt out once again.
We have a Dyson handheld that gets more use than this and has had no issues.
I guess you don’t get what you pay for.

Purchased in June 2016 for $700.00.

black-c

Too late. Purchased a new meile

DysonDyson

Should you change your mind, feel free to reach out. We are only happy to help.

Dayanari J.

Dayanari J.Perth, WA

Suction is amazing

I have 2 hairy pets and this product is a life saver. I have used 2 different brands before buying this in 2017 when my fist bub came along and I needed something that does the job properly since the animal fur was in the air!! and 3 years later still in good working condition and the only downside is that the smooth rotation stops when my hair gets stuck in the thing. overall, pretty good.

Purchased in May 2017 for $800.00.

John DuveAustralian Capital Territory

Poor design

This vacuum cleaner is horrible. it has ruined my wife’s birthday because the unloading mechanism is so sensitive that it dumps the contents on the floor. The bin is so small that we have to reach in to clear hair that is not dislodged by the opening mechanism. Dyson are trading on their goid name and we paid a premium for it. It is definitely not fit for purpose and we will be seeking a refund

Purchased in April 2019 at David Jones for $900.00.

John Duve

We have now been in direct contact with Dyson. Dyson should also address the design fault that ensures that the hairs and dust remain stuck until extracted by hand, making dust go all over the place and on the user.

Lauren

Lauren

Great product

Use it almost every day. Great suction. Very rarely gets blocked. Easy to empty waste with push button release. Easy to pull around house and get into tight nooky and crannies

Purchased in April 2018.

j.tidyman

j.tidyman

I want my old Dyson upright back!!!

Previously had a Dyson upright, decided to upgrade as a xmas gift for the house 2 years ago. From the moment i used for the first time I disliked the new dyson ball. The pipe/wand and attachments are flimsy, and feel very cheap. Im always weary not to put to much pressure on them in case they break. I feel the older model upright Dyson did 100% better job and would revert back to an upright if they still made them.

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $999.00.

Gabe

GabeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Id rather invest in a kirby

Bought this product nothing compared to the kirby I bought in 2005 and guess what the kirby still works and sucks everything in its path.. too bad kirby on sells door to door....

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $999.00.

Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dyson Cinetic big ball animal pro.

Seriously disappointed in this vacuum considering how much it costs.
The suction is not very effective (despite emptying the barrel before needing to).
I feel like it just moves the crumbs around the carpet as opposed to vacuuming them up.
My old Hoover did a significantly better job and it was literally half the price.
A few positives about this machine..
1) The vacuum always remains upright (due to its ball shape).
2) Comes with lots of attachments for different uses.
3) The vacuum hose never kinks.

Zdraco

ZdracoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst ever vacuum I've ever brought

Firstly, the cleaning shut lid. Its so easily come undone the moment you pick the barrel up to go empty the dirt content.
the power suction is weak, the noise it makes is too loud, it doesn't pick up fluff or animal hair first go but 3 to 5 times over the same area before you can't see any fluff or hair, the connectors holder doesn't stay where it is but slides down the extension handle or pipe and it so easily get clogged up which is disappointing since you have to constantly stop and clean it before you can continue your cleaning.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

barb

barbasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Our Dyson big ball animal pro is only a couple of months old. The power head spins but doesn’t pick up anything on the carpet , I’ve removed any fluff or anything around the roller. The normal head works fine on hard floors.

DysonDyson

Hi Barb, thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine.

Our machines carry a 2 year Dyson Guarantee and we will be more than happy to help resolve this for you. We do require more information and we'd kindly ask you to please reach out to our helpline via phone, email or live chat through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us.

Heather L.

Heather L.asked

Where are the filters

DysonDyson

Your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machine features Dyson Cinetic Science which means it has no filters you need to wash, replace or change. Just empty the bin when the dust reaches the MAX line to ensure it performs as it should (you can see how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDs8l7msca0)

While there is a post motor filter built into the ball, this filter is designed to last the lifetime of your machine with no need for maintenance.

If we can assist further, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com, we are happy to help.

If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Shelley

Shelleyasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Hi , I have a dyson cinetic big ball which has started blowing lots of dust out the back of the ball. The filters appear to be clean. What do you think is wrong with it and how do I get it working properly again. It is less than a year old.

DysonDyson

We certainly wouldn't anticipate your Cinetic Big Ball machine to expel dust from the exhaust of the machine.

Please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting with a resolution.

SusieD
SusieD

Ours has started doing this too, lots of dust blowing out the back. I will also try calling Dyson for advice.

Nicolette F.
Nicolette F.

Ours is doing the same!!! Will have to ring them as well...

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball