Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal

9 questions from our users

Kylee

Kyleeasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Why does mine smell bad when it has never been wet or vacuumed up wet material? How do you clean it thoroughly?

DysonDyson

If a smell is coming from your machine, this can indicate either something with a strong scent or some dust containing a high moisture content has been vacuumed up. We recommend carrying out the following steps which may dispel any odour.

After emptying you may rinse the clear bin in cold water, ensuring that no detergents are used. Please don't remove the seals whilst washing the clear bin and most importantly ensure that the clear bin is completely dry before placing back onto the machine. Please note that the cyclone top assembly, which attaches on top of the bin, must be removed and is not washable. You can find instructions on how to remove the cyclone here: https://support.dyson.com.au/supportHome.aspx/Vacuums/Cylinders/Dyson-Cinetic-Big-Ball/214892-01/maintaining-your-dyson-machine/cleaning-the-bin

We also recommend to let the hose, floor tool and wand of your machine air out for 24-48 hours, ideally somewhere safe, dry and sunny.

If you find the odour persists, or we can assist further, please call us on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm.

Darren
Darren

our Big Ball Animal Dyson started exhausting a foul smell as well.
Turned out it was the cyclone filter system. Despite emptying the bin out and cleaning it thoroughly, it still smelt horrible

I ended up completely disassembling the cyclone filter (BIG job) and found a huge amount of muck stuck inside all over the filter and the air jets. Some were completely clogged. Turned out my partner had used one of those carpet cleaning powders which I think are slightly damp as well. It's gone through the entire filter system and gummed it all up inside. I had to pull the entire filter apart and clean all the parts individually. I then soaked all the parts in a mix of water and mild detergent overnight. Dried it all out with compressed air and then re-assembled. Smell is now gone and suction is as good as new now.

We since found out that you should never use powder carpet cleaners in bag-less vacuums.... lesson learned. Fortunately it seems the powder didn't make it to the motor, which seems to have survived.....

Buzzardasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

The cy22. when you turn it on dust comes out of the exhaust.even when canister is off ,I hold my hand over the suction hole then remove my hand and a huge amount of dust comes out.why?

Hi there,

Thank you for your query.

We are sorry to hear about this. We certainly wouldn't expect this behaviour from any Dyson machine.

For assistance we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Buzzard

We sent it out to be serviced.. thank you

Undies
Undies

Your post motor filter has probably fallen apart....like ours.

Mouse

Mouseasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

My Dyson big ball animal has suddenly started spinning in the wrong direction so it’s just pushing animal hair all over the carpet. How do I get going in the right direction?

Hi there,

Thank you for your query. I am sorry to hear about this, however we are happy to help.

If the turbine head is blowing dust around, there is most likely a blockage within the turbine head itself.

We recommend to remove the brushbar using a ten or twenty cent coin to twist the cap at the end of the cleanerhead that retains the brushbar counterclockwise (as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpXtMpytFJc). Once done, you will be able to remove both the cap and the brushbar. Please then check the cavity where the brushbar was in the cleanerhead and clear out any debris. You should be able to look through the neck of the head and see straight through. Please then reassemble and retry the turbine.

In the unlikely event you are still experiencing difficulty, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to further assist.

Wendy

Wendyasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

I have the Dyson chimeric big ball and cannot figure out how to switch the suction to floors from the tool wand. Help?

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your query.

I am sorry to hear about this, we are happy to help.

You can see a video here showing how to use the accessories on your Cinetic Big Ball: https://youtu.be/YSVwJNx3ZSs?t=115

If we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

samtheboxerasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

I just purchased the Big Ball canister Animal. It has amazing power, however, it's very difficult to push on carpet. My carpet is not that thick. Am I doing something wrong?

Lawrence H
Lawrence H

We bought the same Cinetic two days ago, and trying to use it today, the vacuum was very hard to push on our low-pile carpet. The suction was so strong that it lifted the carpet where the vacuum was used for 30 seconds. I see that Dyson has avoided providing an answer to your problem. I await their response with keen interest.

BGWSA
BGWSA

There is a suction control (Red Switch) on the musclehead tool which can be moved to reduce suction hence making it easier to push

samtheboxer

Yes, indeed there is suction control. But to use it the entire time I vacuum is a bit ridiculous. I think the carpet attachment needs to be wider for fewer passes and redesigned to move smoother. Other than that one issue this vacuum is the best!

cwb

cwbasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Why does my dyson fill the air with dust? Coming out of the back of machine

Ttt
Ttt

Mine has never done that, maybe it’s a fault, I would contact Dyson immediately

Hi there,

This is certainly not something we would expect your machine to do.

Please reach out to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and our team will be more than happy to help and get this sorted.

Paul D

Paul Dasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

We have a dysentery cinetic animal the vac is very powerful but my wife has found it impossible to use on carpet she has to use both hands to move the vac and has now developed tennis elbow I’ve cleaned the head but it’s still difficult to move even on minimum power can dysentery help with this issue?

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your question.

We would like to learn more of your situation, please send an email through to auaskdyson@dyson.com with your contact details and the serial number of your machine.

Alternatively you can contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm.

Samuel

Fiona P

Fiona Pasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

I’m very disappointed with my Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal.. when using the floor tool it is leaving lines of dust/dirt .. ? Is it a fault in my tool? Or is it something that happens to other people?

Hi Fiona,

I am sorry to hear you are disappointed with your machine.

Please reach out to our Dyson Experts via askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be more than happy to help and discuss your concerns.

We look forward to hearing from you.

MJw

MJwasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

I wish i had found this dyson review site before i purchased one.Now i feel i wasted $900 .Have any of you ladys had success with dyson on having your faulty dyson fixed ? please advise.thank you .Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for reaching out on Product Review.

If your machine has faulted we would hope to have the opportunity to offer our support as the machine is covered by a 2 year Dyson guarantee. Please contact us on 1800 239 766 when you are at home with the machine for assistance.

Our helpline is open Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm and over the weekend from 8:30am - 4pm.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes, Taryn

N.O Dyson
N.O Dyson

Hi Mark,

I am in the same position as you are.

My Dyson Bigball Cinetic Allergy vacuum doesn't appear faulty, it just turned out to be $760 dollars worth of disappointment.

There was a 30 day money back guarantee available for a while but now your only option is to sell it on Gumtree or eBay or send it in for repair - which doesn't really help when you regret the Dyson purchase because your 10 year old vacuum still does a better job.

Good luck.

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives