12Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Questions & Answers

Gloria W.
Gloria W. · Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

I was very happy to finally buy myself a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor vacuum cleaner, but after using only twice, I find it is not picking up hair, especially off my rug. I had to brush the rug manually with a brush. We are only two retirees, both with short white hair and this is the hair that is on the carpet/rug. I have the slider about half way and this makes my back very tired. Do you have any suggestions.

Leah s
Leah s · Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

How do you get the filter out of a dyson cinetic big ball allergy

Max D.
Max D.

It doesn't have a serviceable one because of the cinetic technology

Andrew I.

The vacuum has a paper filter and if it is is compromised then the vacuum may emit dust. Leah, you may find that YouTube has a tutorial on removing/replacing the filter.

Dyson   DM

Hi Leah s, and thanks for your question. This model is designed for no owner filter maintenance, whilst there is an internal post filter inside the main body, this part shouldn't be accessed unless being serviced by Dyson technician.
It is difficult to install by hand to our exact manufacturing specifications, may require a level of disassembly that we don't recommend owners undertaking, or may have safety reasons not to. Due to this, if you need assistance with this part, we'd kindly ask you to reach out to our customer support team, our contact details are found here:
external link

Deanna M.
Deanna M. · Cinetic Big Ball

Hi. I purchased the Dyson Big Ball Cinetic animal + allergy second hand. I have searched everywhere for info about the exhaust. air comes out of the top and also through a small valve on the plastic bin. It seems to drastically reduce the suction. Is there a piece missing, a plug maybe?

dominique s.
dominique s. · Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

Filter cleaning

Tim P.
Tim P. · Cinetic Big Ball

Hi My Dyson Cinetic Big Ball CY22 is getting very hot when I use the appliance. I understand there are no filters to clean. Is this normal? What could be causing the excess heat?

Dyson   DM

It is normal for the base of the machine to become warm during use, with the air flowing through the machine existing warmer than it enters the machine. That being said, if you are concerned, we would kindly encourage contacting our Dyson Experts via phone or live chat so we can confirm all is as it should be. You can find our details and chat links here: external link

Netty
Netty · Cinetic Big Ball

I loved my previous Dyson ball vacuum cleaner but it was getting old & not sucking as well so purchased a new Big Ball. Ever since I've owned it ( a few years now) I've had trouble opening the latch to empty & reclosing it. I usually have to get my husband who also finds it a struggle. There seems to be something wrong with the trigger mechanism.

Dyson   DM

We are very keen to assist with your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball. Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger. You can find our contact details here: external link We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Becks W.
Becks W. · Cinetic Big Ball

Hi seriously load noise emitting from the vents (exhaust) and dust coming out.

I've checked everything else no blockages etc. I notice others asking about the same thing. Paid over 1k and no reciept yet now it's doing this. Not impressed. Seems like filter change is needed yet I brought on the understanding I'd never need to do that. Disappointed.

Dyson   DM

It certainly isn't normal for your Cinetic Big Ball machine to blow debris from the back of the machine. At your convenience, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone or live chat. You can find our details and chat links here: external link

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Marilyn · Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

My dyson has started blowing dust out of the motor how do I stop this.

Dyson   DM

We certainly wouldn't anticipate your Cinetic Big Ball machine to expel dust from the exhaust of the machine. We would kindly encourage contacting our Dyson Experts via phone or live chat. You can find our details and chat links here: external link

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting with a resolution.

Neil Jackson
Neil Jackson

Same problem, room stinks of dust, only one year old and terrible quality to our old Dyson. Just send to get repaired now. Hope it's fixed as seems to be a problem with these machines even though person at Dyson assures he has never heard of it.

Marilyn

I got mine fix about six months ago and now back doing it again so not happy

Andrew I.

My dyson started blowing dust four months from new. Dyson were no help. I replaced the paper filter which addressed the problem. The old filter had somehow become degraded.

Matt B
Matt B · Cinetic Big Ball

Hi our vacuum has started after emptying to blow out dust. How can we clean and or service the filter or prevent this?

Dyson   DM

We certainly wouldn't anticipate your Cinetic Big Ball machine to expel dust from the exhaust of the machine. So we can best assist we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts, You can find our contact details here: external link We look forward to hearing from you and assisting with a resolution.

Jenn W. · Cinetic Big Ball

The salesman at a particular store suggested when I empty the Dyson that I should use an AIR COMPRESSOR to clean the inside of the top of the bin of the vacuum to remove excess dust which will in turn make the vacuum last longer. With the Dyson being the best buy amongst vacuums, this sounds ridiculous.
Also mentioned ALL vacuum cleaners only last 2 years including DYSONS. Obviously with that information given I ended up leaving the store without a Vacuum.

Torz
Torz

I haven’t had to use an air compressor to clean it. And I’ve had absolutely no problems at all! I’ve never heard of such overkill hahah. Sounds like you should purchase the vacuum elsewhere!

Sure will

Dyson   DM

We certainly wouldn't expect (or even recommend) regular use of an air compressor to maintain your Dyson machine. Dyson machines are designed to last and we'd expect a lifetime beyond the 2 year Dyson Guarantee. We develop and test our machines to last the test of time in your home. You can get a glimpse into our testing here: external link

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help via phone, live chat and Facebook Messenger. You can find our contact details here: external link

Jenn W.

Thank you for your response.

Sumari D.
Sumari D. · Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

Just bought my new Dyson and it is extremely hard to vacuum the carpet, it leaves balls of hair after the pushes. My carpet is very then so not sure why it’s so hard.. please help

Sam1982
Sam1982

Maybe check the head isn’t blocked as that can make hair and dust clog therefore not able to vacuum up and it will just disperse back out always found if you empty after each use and check head helps keep the vacuum working how it should

Dyson   DM

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor. While this machine has been designed to provide great performance across carpets and hard floors, if hair is a problem on your carpets we encourage considering a Dyson with a spinning head and/or a dedicated hard floor tool should you find the Pneumatic head isn't suitable for your home.

For further information or to discuss this further, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts. You can find ways of getting in touch here: external link

Sherryl R.
Sherryl R. · Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

Hi I am wondering where is the filter located for Dyson Cinetic Big Ball allergy

Dyson   DM

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball features Dyson Cinetic Science. Dyson Cinetic Science is so efficient, the dust and dirt is separated from the air into the bin, without the need for a washable filter. The machine has a post motor filter which is there to capture carbon dust from the motor however is designed to last the lifetime of the machine without the need to wash/replace it. Dyson Cinetic Science features ultra-efficient cyclones with Cinetic tips. These tips allow our cyclones to be small, and they vibrate to ensure the ultra-fine dust doesn't clog them, rather, ends up in the bin for you to empty when you have finished your cleaning session.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help. You can find ways to get in touch here: external link

barb
barb · Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Our Dyson big ball animal pro is only a couple of months old. The power head spins but doesn’t pick up anything on the carpet , I’ve removed any fluff or anything around the roller. The normal head works fine on hard floors.

Dyson   DM

Hi Barb, thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine. Our machines carry a 2 year Dyson Guarantee and we will be more than happy to help resolve this for you. We do require more information and we'd kindly ask you to please reach out to our helpline via phone, messenger or live chat through external link .

Cindy b
Cindy b · Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

I purchased my Dyson cinetic big ball vac in Feb .I am having trouble with the 360 swivel head it keeps clicking out of its place like it is broken it doesn’t seem to lock in . It makes it then impossible to vacuum ,The suction is also extreme and makes it very hard to push on carpet leaving balls of fluff. I do not have pets so no excuse for a lot of hair on my floor, Please advise as I am extremely disappointed

Dyson   DM

Hi Cindy, thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear this is happening. Please be assured our machines come with a 2 year Dyson guarantee, we'd recommend to reach out to our helpline via phone email or live chat through external link .

In regards to the suction one of our experts will ask you a few questions regarding your flooring and provide you the best resolution moving forward.

SueH
SueH · Cinetic Big Ball

I have just received the Dyson Big Ball Cinetic Multifloor Extra as a gift - can I use a turbine head on this machine as only came with the pneumatic head. Thanks

Anthonyd · Cinetic Big Ball

We have had our CY22 for a couple of year but it has just started making this very loins siren sound after a few seconds of running. It’s not the motor as the pitch of the sound changes with airflow and is opposite to motor speed(lower sound higher revs and vice versa). Bin is regularly emptied.

Dyson   DM

Hi Anthony, thank you for your question. If you are finding that the sound changes this would usually be caused by a blockage in the machine. We'd recommend running through the checks outlined on external link and should you find the issue persists to reach out to our helpline via phone, live chat or email through external link

Anthonyd

Found it. It was the HEPA filter, the one you claim is supposed to last the idea of the machine. So baring in mind that the vacuum is still running, are you going to supply a replacement free of charge?

Dyson   DM

Hi Anthony, The Post motor filter is considered part of the motor assembly and we do not provide customers nor ask them to open the machine to the point where this can be inspected or replaced.

At this stage we'd kindly ask you to contact our helpline to discuss bringing your machine into our service centre. Apologies however without further information we would not be able to comment on a possible cost. Please reach out via phone, live chat or email through external link .

Anthonyd

Well I spoke to a lovely service rep, who informed me that they do not offer the filters for sale and I would need to send it away to be looked at. Quite frankly, the this is not good enough. This is a simple part to replace, it’s available online for a half decent price and the only thing stopping this repair being a job anyone can do is the design of the machine. Because of your remarks, I tend to think that this is a deliberate attempt at planned obsolescence where the average user would just spend a stupendous amount on another vacuum every few years when in reality, the repair is quick, simple, a fraction of the price a new machine and the only barrier is the deliberate use of screw requiring specialist tools.

This reinforces my frustration with this overpriced, underperforming piece of household fashion/fad. This is definitely my last Dyson product.

LJP48
LJP48 · Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Dyson - I am very excited about my new vacuum and think I may just have to figure out how to work some aspects. I have used it four or five times. I have had a few trial and error mistakes with the bin not being properly closed and vacuuming dirt all over. Hopefully I've solved that. My turbine head seems very noisy and I'm thinking I probably should be wearing ear protectors. I thought maybe something is clogging it - I have cleaned the brushes on the turbine head a few times as my long hair is wrapping around the roller. I have removed it all but still very noisy and I'm feeling the suction isn't as good as it was the first day. My husband tried it and it was too loud for him and he operates our leaf blower with enthusiasm. The wand seems to be fastened properly. I do feel like it is a simple fix but I just can't find what it is.

Matt · Cinetic Big Ball

Hi
When I vacuum carpet with my Dyson Big Ball it doesn't seem to pick up what is on the floor but instead seems to collect it then sucks it back out onto the floor. Any recommendations on how to stop this?

Leonard

What age is the machine ?

Matt

I purchased it in 2020. Has been doing this since I purchased it.

Dyson   DM

This is not to be expected and we are keen to assist. Please forward your query and the serial number of your machine tor Dyson Experts via Live Chat, Facebook Messenger or phone and we will be happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Matt
Dyson have the best customer service I have ever experienced.
They have been looking after three of my Dyson cleaners now for ten years.
I am critical of the Big Ball, but highly praise the attention Dyson give.
Register your machine online, note the serial number, then contact them.

The process of returning the machine and them fixing it and returning to you is made so easy by them.

It sounds like you have a small blockage in the inlet.
When you open the cannister you will see the hole at the top of the unit.

Jodietodman · Cinetic Big Ball

My cinetic big ball cannister wont stay closed at the bottom - every tume i remove it all the dirt empties all over floor. It doesnt clip closed at all

Oh yes!
This is a feature of the obstinate Big Ball !
Didn't they tell you !

The suction inlet gets blocked with anything bigger than a gnats testicle.
So you have to open it to clear the obstruction.

Good idea never to open your machine inside the house.

Jodietodman

Oh I don't have a problem with suction. But I do have a problem with the clip at bottom of cylinder. Wont stay closed. Dirt everywhere

Dyson   DM

We are sorry to hear the bin is opening on your machine when not expected. Sometimes, this can happen if the bin is pushed back up into position without closing the trap door first. We encourage closing the trap door, then pushing the bin back up into position. If this is how you already close the bin or this continues, please just get in touch with our Dyson Experts and we will be happy to help get this sorted. You can find our contact details here: external link

Clare P.
Clare P. · Cinetic Big Ball

The wheel has broken off my machine. Has anyone else experienced this issue and have any information on how to repair?

Dyson   DM

If the wheel has come off your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machine, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts and we will be happy to help get this sorted. You can find our contact details here: external link

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Select a listing for your question
Dyson Cinetic Big Ball