Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Questions & Answers

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

101 questions from our users

Roslyn

Roslynasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Why is my Cinetic Big Ball Animal Dyson making a loud sort of screaming noise? How do I fix this? Still under warranty.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This isn't a sound we would expect from your Cinetic Big Ball and are keen to assist.

Please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 at your convenience (with your machine handy).

Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Sue

Sueasked

Cinetic Big Ball

My brand new Dyson won’t clean a short pile rug! I have used every head and nothing helps, have I just wasted $500

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear about this and are only happy to assist.

Please forward your query, the serial number of your machine and your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly to help.

Meg F.

Meg F.asked

Cinetic Big Ball

Can I use my dyson big ball to vacuum wet carpet? I've rubbed i with nappy san and warm water and also used vanish carpet clean and am wondering if I can vamuum that up.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Dyson vacuum cleaners are designed for use on dry household dust and dirt. Any use on liquids or moisture can cause damage to your machine and is not recommended.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Dena Ford

Dena Fordasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal+

My Dyson ball animal + makes a screeching sound like one of the wheels isn’t turning properly when I pull back while vacuuming. When the brush is not on it doesn’t make the noise. Please help?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This certainly isn't what we would expect. Please forward your query and details through to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Camdarr

Camdarrasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

We’ve had our Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro for about 2 years now and have just moved from a place that had wall to wall carpet, to a place that has no carpet and newly-installed hardwood floors. Three questions: 1 & 2. What are the wheels on the unit itself made from and are they ok to pull along the hardwood floor without scratching at all? 3. What are the best tools to use as not to scratch the floor? Thanks!

Dyson Team ..Dyson

The wheels on your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machine are made of plastic, with a softer plastic tip on the sides.

While we don't anticipate any difficulties, we would encourage ensuring the wheels are clean prior to use.

For the most delicate cleaning of hard floors, we would encourage using the Swivel Hard Floor Tool, included with your Big Ball Animal Pro.

If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com. Alternatively, if you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Tony

Tonyasked

Why it doesn’t vibrate

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Under normal circumstances, we wouldn't expect vibration from your Cinetic Big Ball machine. Some may come from the Turbine head (if your machine is so equipped), however this shouldn't be excessive.

If we can assist further, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly.

Andy Basked

Cinetic Big Ball

Why is the cylinder in the dust barrel not spinning?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

When dust enters the bin it is spun out of the airflow. At the bottom of the dust bin there are plastic baffles to catch the dirt/hair/fluff and keep it down. If it wasn’t going to be caught, these would keep spinning and negatively affect the performance of the machine. Please be assured this is completely normal operation.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Anna R.

Anna R.asked

Cinetic Big Ball

I've had my Dyson Cinetic Ball vacuum cleaner for 2 and a half years. Haven't had an issue until a couple of days ago. The motor started making a grinding sound and also a burning smell. Turned it off immediately. Is that the end of my vacuum cleaner?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

It does sound like something untoward is happening with your machine, however I am sure we can help.

Please unplug your machine and get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com or 1800 239 766 (please just have your machine handy). Our helpline is available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Kristieasked

Cinetic Big Ball

One of the wheels on the floor tool of my Dyson is stuck and is making marks all over my timber floor. Any ideas how to fix it? It is only 3 months old

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This is certainly not what we would expect. We would kindly encourage forwarding your query, contact details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Once received, our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly to assist.

Kristie

Thanks did your reply. I will follow it up

Jesse

Jesseasked

Cinetic Big Ball

I accidentally sucked up milk, what should I do?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We would encourage unplugging your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball and getting in touch with our helpline on 1800 239 766 when you have your machine handy.

Our Dyson Experts will be happy to help assess the situation and assist in getting your machine sorted.

Jill S.

Jill S.asked

Cinetic Big Ball Origin

I purchased a Dyson Big Ball Origin a few days ago. It was fabulous for the first few vacuums but now it would appear that there is a blockage in the floor brush tool. I have checked the suction in the hoses and its perfect until I attach the floor brush. Can you please advise me how to clear that section ? I suspect there could be an accumulation of hair, etc. Thank you.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

To remove any blockages from within the floor tool, we would recommend pushing something long and flexible (such as a piece of poly piping) through the floor tool to remove any blockages you aren't able to reach.

Amanda W

Amanda Wasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Our power head was accidentally taken over a smelly liquid on the floor and now the brush head smells, can we wash it?

Dodokebab
Dodokebab

I’m no expert just someone who purchased one recently. Pretty sure the Dyson rep said not to submerge it in water when washing it. I hunk get said he usual damp cloth wipe over. You probably should actually call Dyson and ask them in case there’s electrical stuff in the head that’ll get damaged if wet. Such a pain that this has happened to you. I hope you manage to get it sorted out ok! Goodluck!

Hi Amanda,

The Turbine head for your machine does not have any electrics as it is driven by the air of the machine, that being said we do not recommend completely submerging the head in water as if not completely dry when used again it will damage the machine.

Try using a damp cloth and if the smell remains please call our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy.

Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm.

Best wishes,

Sam
Dyson Customer Care

Michael W.
Michael W.

Hi honestly send aucustomercare@dyson.com say that the motor head stopped working send them pictures as proof and they will send a new one out to you. Otherwise you will be up for $135

Karen

Karenasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Please advise, what IS Dyson's expected 'lifetime' of the Cinetic Big Ball Animal? You state the 'hidden filter' will last that lifetime period, yet only give a two year warranty, so one must assume that if it doesn't last it's expected lifetime that it would be covered by Dyson's warranty anyway?
If the 'hidden' filter fails after 2 and a half years and wrecks my machine, (as it sounds likely given all the negative reviews), would Dyson consider it past it's lifetime?! If the 'lifetime' is more reasonable that a bit over 2 years, why do you not back it with a warranty covering it's expected lifetime, or at least 5 years like it used to be? I am sure many would be interested in your reply. Thank you, Karen

Dyson Team ..Dyson

To confirm, Dyson machines as a whole are designed to outlast the guarantee period with the filter designed to only need replacing if something untoward happens within the motor of the machine. The filter of the machine isn't expected to need any maintenance, cleaning or replacement under normal use.

While we can't predict a lifespan of the machine as a whole, every time an owner is in touch with us, it is handled case by case, regardless of the guarantee status.

Please also be aware the Dyson Guarantee in Australia hasn't been reduced, we always have offered a two year guarantee on new machines.

Should you wish to discuss further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Amandaasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

I’m wondering how to get the smell out of my vacuume . I vacuumed my air conditioning filters with one of the brush tools and my Dyson Cinetic big ball animal pro now my vacuume has the most disgusting smell I literally cannot use it . I wiped out all the canister but not sure how to clean the filters of my vacuume . Please help ! Thank you in advance

Judith S.
Judith S.

Hi thanks for your interest but I too have been unable to remove the smell from my Dyson animal pro vacuum. Maybe someone can help us out with this, yet another problem with this Dyson vacuum cleaner.

Amanda

I hope so Judith because I literally cannot use mine . It is only a newish machine and the smell is just awful .

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear a smell is coming from your Dyson machine.

Should any form of liquid, damp material or anything pungent enter the machine, this may cause it to harbour a smell. We recommend carrying out the following steps which may dispel any odour.

After emptying, wipe the bin with a soft moist cloth. Please don't remove the bin inner or cone seals whilst washing the clear bin and most importantly ensure that the clear bin is completely dry before placing back onto the machine. Please note that the cyclone top assembly, which attaches on top of the bin, must be removed and is not washable, however can be wiped with a soft dry cloth.

We also recommend to let the hose, floor tool, wand, cyclone and bin of your machine air out for 24-48 hours, ideally somewhere safe, dry and sunny.

If you need further assistance please call us on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm.

Jon Lindseyasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Why is my big ball animal blowing dust out of back of unit?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We certainly don't expect your machine to exhaust any dust out of the machine.

We would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help get this sorted.

Jon Lindsey

Thanks, great help, she said it shouldn't happen, I should empty vac! It happens when empty! Just admit filters need replacing, (like vac repairman proves on youtube) and tell me where to get them!

Dyson Team ..Dyson

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball range of machines don't have a filter that needs to be replaced. The filter in the ball of the machine is designed to last the lifetime of the machine.

Should dust be blowing out, something isn't quite right with your machine. Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to organise for it to be brought into your nearest service centre.

JoG

JoGasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Is the cinetic big ball suitable for vacuuming fine dust left from builders?

Popples
Popples

I dont think so. I remember reading in the manual that it shouldnt be used for fine dust.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Dyson machines are designed for cleaning up household dust and debris, and as such, we recommend not using the machine on building dust, plaster, ash, rubble and the like.

We hope this helps, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Ben2020asked

Cinetic Big Ball

What is the difference between the Animal Pro and Animal +?

adam

One is purple other is silver and pro comes with other attachments

Ben2020

So that means the choice review for Animal Pro is applicable for Animal + as well.
The product did not rate well and was not recommended.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro and Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ have the same suction power, filtration, durability and performance. Both machines come in the box with the Carbon Fibre turbine cleaner head, swivel hard floor tool, Tangle-free Turbine Tool, Combination tool and Stair Tool.

In addition to the above, the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ comes with the Groom Tool, designed to provide mess free vacuum-assisted dog grooming.

While Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro doesn't include the Groom Tool, it does include the Stubborn dirt brush, Reach Under tool and Carbon Fibre Soft Dusting brush. This machine is no longer part of our current range at time of writing, however some machines may still be available in retail.

Karen I.asked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Very disappointed in my machine it only works for about 5 mins then I have to empty it although it's not full or even close to full sometimes it dosnt even work cleaning it out makes a high pitch noise like there is a blockage and loses suction. Not worth the money we paid and now looking for a new vacuum to replace it. Had another machine for years no issues "upgraded" to this one and totally regret it.

adam

It sounds like a blockage, give dyson a call they will help you

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear about this, it does sound like there is something obstructing the airflow in the machine.

We would kindly ask you to run through the troubleshooting outlined here: https://www.dyson.com.au/SupportHome/Vacuums/Cylinders/Dyson-Cinetic-Big-Ball/214893-01/not-working/pick-up-issue

In the unlikely event this doesn't solve the problem, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with the serial number of your machine and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to help.

Steve M

Steve Masked

Cinetic Big Ball

I have a cinetic big ballthat I love. The motor know is only working intermittently. And it smells. Model JD3 US FMA2191A
Any thoughts?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear about this. We would encourage unplugging the machine and contacting our Dyson Experts via askdysonUS@dyson.com. Please include your name, address, contact number and the serial number of your machine.

Our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Trickyasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Can I wash the container of the Dyson big ball pro and why when I remove it does it open sometime and drop dirt everywhere as it doesn’t seem to seal properly

Sandy S.
Sandy S.

I haven't experienced this problem so far, but I am still a very new Dyson user. Previously I have washed my vacuum cleaner container rarely and only when needed. I am very particular in making sure nothing sticky or damp gets in it. From what you say it sounds like some dirt is keeping the unit from closing properly affecting its ability to seal hermetically which is important for it to work well. I haven't experienced the unit opening in an unwanted manner, but when I want to empty it I make sure I hold it close to the top of the rubbish bin as I don't want to make a mess. I hope these tips work for you.

Tricky

It opens when I’m removing it from the actual vaccum

Simon5353
Simon5353

HI Tricky - in my opinion I wouldnt wash it - too risky. I agree that it does open up - i've been using mine for a few weeks now so have only emptied twice and I have learned now to be super sure the bottom clicks closed. I would agree that it's a bit difficult to shut. I think with a bit more practice i will get the hang of it.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives