Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Questions & Answers

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

109 questions from our users

LJP48

LJP48asked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Dyson - I am very excited about my new vacuum and think I may just have to figure out how to work some aspects. I have used it four or five times. I have had a few trial and error mistakes with the bin not being properly closed and vacuuming dirt all over. Hopefully I've solved that. My turbine head seems very noisy and I'm thinking I probably should be wearing ear protectors. I thought maybe something is clogging it - I have cleaned the brushes on the turbine head a few times as my long hair is wrapping around the roller. I have removed it all but still very noisy and I'm feeling the suction isn't as good as it was the first day. My husband tried it and it was too loud for him and he operates our leaf blower with enthusiasm. The wand seems to be fastened properly. I do feel like it is a simple fix but I just can't find what it is.

Mattasked

Hi
When I vacuum carpet with my Dyson Big Ball it doesn't seem to pick up what is on the floor but instead seems to collect it then sucks it back out onto the floor. Any recommendations on how to stop this?

Leonard

What age is the machine ?

Matt

I purchased it in 2020. Has been doing this since I purchased it.

DysonDyson

This is not to be expected and we are keen to assist.

Please forward your query and the serial number of your machine tor Dyson Experts via Live Chat, Facebook Messenger or phone and we will be happy to help.

Jodietodmanasked

Cinetic Big Ball

My cinetic big ball cannister wont stay closed at the bottom - every tume i remove it all the dirt empties all over floor. It doesnt clip closed at all

Oh yes!
This is a feature of the obstinate Big Ball !
Didn't they tell you !

The suction inlet gets blocked with anything bigger than a gnats testicle.
So you have to open it to clear the obstruction.

Good idea never to open your machine inside the house.

Jodietodman

Oh I don't have a problem with suction. But I do have a problem with the clip at bottom of cylinder. Wont stay closed. Dirt everywhere

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear the bin is opening on your machine when not expected. Sometimes, this can happen if the bin is pushed back up into position without closing the trap door first. We encourage closing the trap door, then pushing the bin back up into position.

If this is how you already close the bin or this continues, please just get in touch with our Dyson Experts and we will be happy to help get this sorted. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Clare P.

Clare P.asked

Cinetic Big Ball

The wheel has broken off my machine. Has anyone else experienced this issue and have any information on how to repair?

DysonDyson

If the wheel has come off your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machine, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts and we will be happy to help get this sorted. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Heather L.

Heather L.asked

Where are the filters

DysonDyson

Your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machine features Dyson Cinetic Science which means it has no filters you need to wash, replace or change. Just empty the bin when the dust reaches the MAX line to ensure it performs as it should (you can see how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDs8l7msca0)

While there is a post motor filter built into the ball, this filter is designed to last the lifetime of your machine with no need for maintenance.

If we can assist further, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com, we are happy to help.

Kylee

Kyleeasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Why does mine smell bad when it has never been wet or vacuumed up wet material? How do you clean it thoroughly?

DysonDyson

If a smell is coming from your machine, this can indicate either something with a strong scent or some dust containing a high moisture content has been vacuumed up. We recommend carrying out the following steps which may dispel any odour.

After emptying you may rinse the clear bin in cold water, ensuring that no detergents are used. Please don't remove the seals whilst washing the clear bin and most importantly ensure that the clear bin is completely dry before placing back onto the machine. Please note that the cyclone top assembly, which attaches on top of the bin, must be removed and is not washable. You can find instructions on how to remove the cyclone here: https://support.dyson.com.au/supportHome.aspx/Vacuums/Cylinders/Dyson-Cinetic-Big-Ball/214892-01/maintaining-your-dyson-machine/cleaning-the-bin

We also recommend to let the hose, floor tool and wand of your machine air out for 24-48 hours, ideally somewhere safe, dry and sunny.

If you find the odour persists, or we can assist further, please call us on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm.

Darren
Darren

our Big Ball Animal Dyson started exhausting a foul smell as well.
Turned out it was the cyclone filter system. Despite emptying the bin out and cleaning it thoroughly, it still smelt horrible

I ended up completely disassembling the cyclone filter (BIG job) and found a huge amount of muck stuck inside all over the filter and the air jets. Some were completely clogged. Turned out my partner had used one of those carpet cleaning powders which I think are slightly damp as well. It's gone through the entire filter system and gummed it all up inside. I had to pull the entire filter apart and clean all the parts individually. I then soaked all the parts in a mix of water and mild detergent overnight. Dried it all out with compressed air and then re-assembled. Smell is now gone and suction is as good as new now.

We since found out that you should never use powder carpet cleaners in bag-less vacuums.... lesson learned. Fortunately it seems the powder didn't make it to the motor, which seems to have survived.....

kraayclan

kraayclanasked

Cinetic Big Ball

my new dyson big ball origin head doesn't seem to pick up dirt rather it just pushes it around causing me to have to lift the head up and place it down on top of dust to get it clean

Mindab1980
Mindab1980

I had the same problem.
l had to purchase a carbon fibre turbine head of the Dyson website. Not ideal to fork out an extra $120 but now I get a really good clean.

DysonDyson

Any debris too large to fit under the floor tool may be pushed along the floor. For larger debris such as this, we would encourage either placing the floor tool directly on top of the debris, or removing the floor tool and using the included combination tool to clean these up.

Shelley

Shelleyasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Hi , I have a dyson cinetic big ball which has started blowing lots of dust out the back of the ball. The filters appear to be clean. What do you think is wrong with it and how do I get it working properly again. It is less than a year old.

DysonDyson

We certainly wouldn't anticipate your Cinetic Big Ball machine to expel dust from the exhaust of the machine.

Please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting with a resolution.

SusieD
SusieD

Ours has started doing this too, lots of dust blowing out the back. I will also try calling Dyson for advice.

Nicolette F.
Nicolette F.

Ours is doing the same!!! Will have to ring them as well...

Roslyn

Roslynasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Why is my Cinetic Big Ball Animal Dyson making a loud sort of screaming noise? How do I fix this? Still under warranty.

DysonDyson

This isn't a sound we would expect from your Cinetic Big Ball and are keen to assist.

Please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 at your convenience (with your machine handy).

Sue

Sueasked

Cinetic Big Ball

My brand new Dyson won’t clean a short pile rug! I have used every head and nothing helps, have I just wasted $500

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear about this and are only happy to assist.

Please forward your query, the serial number of your machine and your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly to help.

Meg F.

Meg F.asked

Cinetic Big Ball

Can I use my dyson big ball to vacuum wet carpet? I've rubbed i with nappy san and warm water and also used vanish carpet clean and am wondering if I can vamuum that up.

DysonDyson

Dyson vacuum cleaners are designed for use on dry household dust and dirt. Any use on liquids or moisture can cause damage to your machine and is not recommended.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Dena Ford

Dena Fordasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal+

My Dyson ball animal + makes a screeching sound like one of the wheels isn’t turning properly when I pull back while vacuuming. When the brush is not on it doesn’t make the noise. Please help?

DysonDyson

This certainly isn't what we would expect. Please forward your query and details through to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Amy C.
Amy C.

I have the exact same issue, this is the first time I’ve used it.

Camdarr

Camdarrasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

We’ve had our Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro for about 2 years now and have just moved from a place that had wall to wall carpet, to a place that has no carpet and newly-installed hardwood floors. Three questions: 1 & 2. What are the wheels on the unit itself made from and are they ok to pull along the hardwood floor without scratching at all? 3. What are the best tools to use as not to scratch the floor? Thanks!

DysonDyson

The wheels on your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machine are made of plastic, with a softer plastic tip on the sides.

While we don't anticipate any difficulties, we would encourage ensuring the wheels are clean prior to use.

For the most delicate cleaning of hard floors, we would encourage using the Swivel Hard Floor Tool, included with your Big Ball Animal Pro.

If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com. Alternatively, if you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Tony

Tonyasked

Why it doesn’t vibrate

DysonDyson

Under normal circumstances, we wouldn't expect vibration from your Cinetic Big Ball machine. Some may come from the Turbine head (if your machine is so equipped), however this shouldn't be excessive.

If we can assist further, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly.

Andy Basked

Cinetic Big Ball

Why is the cylinder in the dust barrel not spinning?

DysonDyson

When dust enters the bin it is spun out of the airflow. At the bottom of the dust bin there are plastic baffles to catch the dirt/hair/fluff and keep it down. If it wasn’t going to be caught, these would keep spinning and negatively affect the performance of the machine. Please be assured this is completely normal operation.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Anna R.

Anna R.asked

Cinetic Big Ball

I've had my Dyson Cinetic Ball vacuum cleaner for 2 and a half years. Haven't had an issue until a couple of days ago. The motor started making a grinding sound and also a burning smell. Turned it off immediately. Is that the end of my vacuum cleaner?

DysonDyson

It does sound like something untoward is happening with your machine, however I am sure we can help.

Please unplug your machine and get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com or 1800 239 766 (please just have your machine handy). Our helpline is available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Kristieasked

Cinetic Big Ball

One of the wheels on the floor tool of my Dyson is stuck and is making marks all over my timber floor. Any ideas how to fix it? It is only 3 months old

DysonDyson

This is certainly not what we would expect. We would kindly encourage forwarding your query, contact details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Once received, our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly to assist.

Kristie

Thanks did your reply. I will follow it up

Jesse

Jesseasked

Cinetic Big Ball

I accidentally sucked up milk, what should I do?

DysonDyson

We would encourage unplugging your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball and getting in touch with our helpline on 1800 239 766 when you have your machine handy.

Our Dyson Experts will be happy to help assess the situation and assist in getting your machine sorted.

Jill S.

Jill S.asked

Cinetic Big Ball Origin

I purchased a Dyson Big Ball Origin a few days ago. It was fabulous for the first few vacuums but now it would appear that there is a blockage in the floor brush tool. I have checked the suction in the hoses and its perfect until I attach the floor brush. Can you please advise me how to clear that section ? I suspect there could be an accumulation of hair, etc. Thank you.

DysonDyson

To remove any blockages from within the floor tool, we would recommend pushing something long and flexible (such as a piece of poly piping) through the floor tool to remove any blockages you aren't able to reach.

Amanda W

Amanda Wasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Our power head was accidentally taken over a smelly liquid on the floor and now the brush head smells, can we wash it?

Dodokebab
Dodokebab

I’m no expert just someone who purchased one recently. Pretty sure the Dyson rep said not to submerge it in water when washing it. I hunk get said he usual damp cloth wipe over. You probably should actually call Dyson and ask them in case there’s electrical stuff in the head that’ll get damaged if wet. Such a pain that this has happened to you. I hope you manage to get it sorted out ok! Goodluck!

Hi Amanda,

The Turbine head for your machine does not have any electrics as it is driven by the air of the machine, that being said we do not recommend completely submerging the head in water as if not completely dry when used again it will damage the machine.

Try using a damp cloth and if the smell remains please call our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy.

Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm.

Best wishes,

Sam
Dyson Customer Care

Michael W.
Michael W.

Hi honestly send aucustomercare@dyson.com say that the motor head stopped working send them pictures as proof and they will send a new one out to you. Otherwise you will be up for $135

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives