Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Questions & Answers (page 2 of 6)

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

113 questions from our users

Kristieasked

Cinetic Big Ball

One of the wheels on the floor tool of my Dyson is stuck and is making marks all over my timber floor. Any ideas how to fix it? It is only 3 months old

DysonDyson

This is certainly not what we would expect. We would kindly encourage forwarding your query, contact details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Once received, our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly to assist.

Kristie

Thanks did your reply. I will follow it up

Jesse

Jesseasked

Cinetic Big Ball

I accidentally sucked up milk, what should I do?

DysonDyson

We would encourage unplugging your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball and getting in touch with our helpline on 1800 239 766 when you have your machine handy.

Our Dyson Experts will be happy to help assess the situation and assist in getting your machine sorted.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Jill S.

Jill S.asked

Cinetic Big Ball Origin

I purchased a Dyson Big Ball Origin a few days ago. It was fabulous for the first few vacuums but now it would appear that there is a blockage in the floor brush tool. I have checked the suction in the hoses and its perfect until I attach the floor brush. Can you please advise me how to clear that section ? I suspect there could be an accumulation of hair, etc. Thank you.

DysonDyson

To remove any blockages from within the floor tool, we would recommend pushing something long and flexible (such as a piece of poly piping) through the floor tool to remove any blockages you aren't able to reach.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Amanda W

Amanda Wasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Our power head was accidentally taken over a smelly liquid on the floor and now the brush head smells, can we wash it?

Dodokebab
Dodokebab

I’m no expert just someone who purchased one recently. Pretty sure the Dyson rep said not to submerge it in water when washing it. I hunk get said he usual damp cloth wipe over. You probably should actually call Dyson and ask them in case there’s electrical stuff in the head that’ll get damaged if wet. Such a pain that this has happened to you. I hope you manage to get it sorted out ok! Goodluck!

Hi Amanda,

The Turbine head for your machine does not have any electrics as it is driven by the air of the machine, that being said we do not recommend completely submerging the head in water as if not completely dry when used again it will damage the machine.

Try using a damp cloth and if the smell remains please call our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy.

Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm.

Best wishes,

Sam
Dyson Customer Care

Michael W.
Michael W.

Hi honestly send aucustomercare@dyson.com say that the motor head stopped working send them pictures as proof and they will send a new one out to you. Otherwise you will be up for $135

Karen

Karenasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Please advise, what IS Dyson's expected 'lifetime' of the Cinetic Big Ball Animal? You state the 'hidden filter' will last that lifetime period, yet only give a two year warranty, so one must assume that if it doesn't last it's expected lifetime that it would be covered by Dyson's warranty anyway?
If the 'hidden' filter fails after 2 and a half years and wrecks my machine, (as it sounds likely given all the negative reviews), would Dyson consider it past it's lifetime?! If the 'lifetime' is more reasonable that a bit over 2 years, why do you not back it with a warranty covering it's expected lifetime, or at least 5 years like it used to be? I am sure many would be interested in your reply. Thank you, Karen

DysonDyson

To confirm, Dyson machines as a whole are designed to outlast the guarantee period with the filter designed to only need replacing if something untoward happens within the motor of the machine. The filter of the machine isn't expected to need any maintenance, cleaning or replacement under normal use.

While we can't predict a lifespan of the machine as a whole, every time an owner is in touch with us, it is handled case by case, regardless of the guarantee status.

Please also be aware the Dyson Guarantee in Australia hasn't been reduced, we always have offered a two year guarantee on new machines.

Should you wish to discuss further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Amandaasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

I’m wondering how to get the smell out of my vacuume . I vacuumed my air conditioning filters with one of the brush tools and my Dyson Cinetic big ball animal pro now my vacuume has the most disgusting smell I literally cannot use it . I wiped out all the canister but not sure how to clean the filters of my vacuume . Please help ! Thank you in advance

Judith S.
Judith S.

Hi thanks for your interest but I too have been unable to remove the smell from my Dyson animal pro vacuum. Maybe someone can help us out with this, yet another problem with this Dyson vacuum cleaner.

Amanda

I hope so Judith because I literally cannot use mine . It is only a newish machine and the smell is just awful .

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear a smell is coming from your Dyson machine.

Should any form of liquid, damp material or anything pungent enter the machine, this may cause it to harbour a smell. We recommend carrying out the following steps which may dispel any odour.

After emptying, wipe the bin with a soft moist cloth. Please don't remove the bin inner or cone seals whilst washing the clear bin and most importantly ensure that the clear bin is completely dry before placing back onto the machine. Please note that the cyclone top assembly, which attaches on top of the bin, must be removed and is not washable, however can be wiped with a soft dry cloth.

We also recommend to let the hose, floor tool, wand, cyclone and bin of your machine air out for 24-48 hours, ideally somewhere safe, dry and sunny.

If you need further assistance please call us on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm.

Jon Lindseyasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Why is my big ball animal blowing dust out of back of unit?

DysonDyson

We certainly don't expect your machine to exhaust any dust out of the machine.

We would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help get this sorted.

Jon Lindsey

Thanks, great help, she said it shouldn't happen, I should empty vac! It happens when empty! Just admit filters need replacing, (like vac repairman proves on youtube) and tell me where to get them!

DysonDyson

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball range of machines don't have a filter that needs to be replaced. The filter in the ball of the machine is designed to last the lifetime of the machine.

Should dust be blowing out, something isn't quite right with your machine. Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to organise for it to be brought into your nearest service centre.

JoG

JoGasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Is the cinetic big ball suitable for vacuuming fine dust left from builders?

Popples
Popples

I dont think so. I remember reading in the manual that it shouldnt be used for fine dust.

DysonDyson

Dyson machines are designed for cleaning up household dust and debris, and as such, we recommend not using the machine on building dust, plaster, ash, rubble and the like.

We hope this helps, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Ben2020asked

Cinetic Big Ball

What is the difference between the Animal Pro and Animal +?

adam

One is purple other is silver and pro comes with other attachments

Ben2020

So that means the choice review for Animal Pro is applicable for Animal + as well.
The product did not rate well and was not recommended.

DysonDyson

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro and Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ have the same suction power, filtration, durability and performance. Both machines come in the box with the Carbon Fibre turbine cleaner head, swivel hard floor tool, Tangle-free Turbine Tool, Combination tool and Stair Tool.

In addition to the above, the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ comes with the Groom Tool, designed to provide mess free vacuum-assisted dog grooming.

While Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro doesn't include the Groom Tool, it does include the Stubborn dirt brush, Reach Under tool and Carbon Fibre Soft Dusting brush. This machine is no longer part of our current range at time of writing, however some machines may still be available in retail.

Karen I.asked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Very disappointed in my machine it only works for about 5 mins then I have to empty it although it's not full or even close to full sometimes it dosnt even work cleaning it out makes a high pitch noise like there is a blockage and loses suction. Not worth the money we paid and now looking for a new vacuum to replace it. Had another machine for years no issues "upgraded" to this one and totally regret it.

adam

It sounds like a blockage, give dyson a call they will help you

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear about this, it does sound like there is something obstructing the airflow in the machine.

We would kindly ask you to run through the troubleshooting outlined here: https://www.dyson.com.au/SupportHome/Vacuums/Cylinders/Dyson-Cinetic-Big-Ball/214893-01/not-working/pick-up-issue

In the unlikely event this doesn't solve the problem, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with the serial number of your machine and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to help.

Steve M

Steve Masked

Cinetic Big Ball

I have a cinetic big ballthat I love. The motor know is only working intermittently. And it smells. Model JD3 US FMA2191A
Any thoughts?

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear about this. We would encourage unplugging the machine and contacting our Dyson Experts via askdysonUS@dyson.com. Please include your name, address, contact number and the serial number of your machine.

Our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Trickyasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Can I wash the container of the Dyson big ball pro and why when I remove it does it open sometime and drop dirt everywhere as it doesn’t seem to seal properly

Sandy S.
Sandy S.

I haven't experienced this problem so far, but I am still a very new Dyson user. Previously I have washed my vacuum cleaner container rarely and only when needed. I am very particular in making sure nothing sticky or damp gets in it. From what you say it sounds like some dirt is keeping the unit from closing properly affecting its ability to seal hermetically which is important for it to work well. I haven't experienced the unit opening in an unwanted manner, but when I want to empty it I make sure I hold it close to the top of the rubbish bin as I don't want to make a mess. I hope these tips work for you.

Tricky

It opens when I’m removing it from the actual vaccum

Simon5353
Simon5353

HI Tricky - in my opinion I wouldnt wash it - too risky. I agree that it does open up - i've been using mine for a few weeks now so have only emptied twice and I have learned now to be super sure the bottom clicks closed. I would agree that it's a bit difficult to shut. I think with a bit more practice i will get the hang of it.

Elizabeth M.

Elizabeth M.asked

Cinetic Big Ball

My Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal was great in the beginning. It's not a year old and for some reason the large rotating brush attachment spins and just throws stuff out. There are no blockages...I've followed all the videos and taken it apart and it's clean. All the other attachments work fine and suck fine...but this big one for carpets is useless. It was perfect in the beginning and I don't know what to do. I have to vacuum my carpets with the little attachment and I can tell you is getting old REAL quick. I'd like some suggestions please.

Brooke
Brooke

Maybe contact Dyson ??

DysonDyson

If the turbine head is blowing dust around, there is most likely a blockage within the turbine head itself.

Understanding you have checked the machine for blockages, we recommend to remove the brushbar using a ten or twenty cent coin to twist the cap at the end of the cleanerhead that retains the brushbar counterclockwise (as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpXtMpytFJc). Once done, you will be able to remove both the cap and the brushbar. Please then check the cavity where the brushbar was in the cleanerhead and clear out any debris. You should be able to look through the neck of the head and see straight through. Please then reassemble and retry the turbine and it should work as normal.

In the unlikely event you are still experiencing difficulty, please email our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will only be happy to help get this sorted.

Lisa

Lisaasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

My Dyson is blowing a lot of dust out the back, it has only just started doing it. It also now overheats very quickly

DysonDyson

We recommend to remove the brushbar using a ten or twenty cent coin to twist the cap at the end of the cleanerhead that retains the brushbar counterclockwise (as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpXtMpytFJc). Once done, you will be able to remove both the cap and the brushbar. Please then check the cavity where the brushbar was in the cleanerhead and clear out any debris. You should be able to look through the neck of the head and see straight through. Please then reassemble and retry the turbine.

In the event you are still experiencing difficulty, or if the dust is coming from another place on the machine, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

San
San

Our 2 week old dyson big ball multiflooralso blows dust out the back of the motor as soon as we turn it on. Nothing to do with the turbine had answer provided to client above. Very disappointed. Had Previous dyson for 15 or so years, and it could handle way more dust in its container than this one. Not suited to dusty farmhouse.

Jon Lindsey

Mine too! Have they helped you?

Helmut

Helmutasked

How can you attach a Pet Groom tool to a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Jen H
Jen H

I don't have that attachment. You may need to get an adaptor from the electrical store.

DysonDyson

While the Groom tool won't fit directly onto your Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro, you can use the Quick Release Adaptor (included with your machine) to use your Groom tool. You can see how to attach this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvHyqGyVPf0

PenH

PenHasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Why does dust cover the outside of my vacuum cleaner every time I use it? When emptying the barrel the catch is very hard to close and sometimes comes undone when removing the barrel from the machine. I don't think it is sealing properly either. The vacuum is not a year old.

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your machine.

So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly to assist.

Tony

Tonyasked

Cinetic Big Ball Absolute

Hi there. We are in Christchurch New Zealand. Our Dyson cinematic has great suction for varying periods of time. Then there is a noise like something popping or a membrane being sucked in, and the suction dies almost totally. This can be almost as soon as you turn it on or can be after 5-6 minutes - seldom longer. The dust container is never very full in fact sometimes it happens when there is next to nothing in it, other times when there is a small amount in the dust container. Can you please advise. It has not always been like this. There is no obvious obstruction anywhere.

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball.

We would kindly ask you to review this video to see if there are any obstructions that could cause the machine's safety valve to engage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o3L4TmQimo

If you have checked your machine as shown in the video and the problem persists, we would kindly ask you to forward your details to help@dyson.co.nz and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Jessica Beckley

Jessica Beckleyasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Is there any difference between the cinetic big ball animal and animal pro other then price and colour?

DysonDyson

Performance, filtration and durability are identical with these machines, the difference being the accessories that are included in the box.

Both the Cinetic Big Ball Animal and Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro come with the following:
- Carbon fibre turbine floor tool
- Combination Tool
- Stair Tool
- Swivel Hard Floor Tool
- Tangle-free Turbine Tool

The Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro, as well as the above, also includes:
- Reach Under Tool
- Carbon Fibre Soft Dusting Brush
- Stubborn Dirt Brush

We hope this helps, however our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com if we can assist further.

C. Underwoodasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Hi we have a near new Dyson Big Ball (still under warranty) and have noticed that there is an irritating squealing coming from the handle.
Seems that there it is poorly sealed and so is whistling. Is extremely annoying.
If holding it together with both hands it won't whistle.
Is this a common problem? Is there a simple fix?

Frank
Frank

I am not Dyson, But there ia a plastic loop trigger that you activate to reduce suction pressure for ease of use on carpets. If it is not that and is the connections on the hose that I would take back to retailer for them to contact Dyson to replace hoses or the whole unit if under warranty. Suggest you do this through the retailer because Dyson are very difficult to get hold of over the phone. Once into Dyson I have found they will back up their warranties
Regards
Frank P

Thanks Frank

DysonDyson

Sorry to hear you are having an unusal sound coming from the handle of your machine. This is certainly not something we would expect.

We would kindly ask you to forward your details (and the serial number of your machine, found under the dust bin) to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to help get this sorted.

Mel

Melasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Hi I purchased this product a week ago, I was excited as it is the first expensive vacuum cleaner that I have ever purchased. I now an regretful as all it does is push the dirt around in the air, Ive checked tutorials etc and have no blockages its hopeless is your product covered under the consumer guarantee act?

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Dyson machine, we are happy to help. Could you please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details? Our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted.

clarryk
clarryk

I have the same vacuum cleaner and it to has poor suction, blows dust everywhere. No point vacuuming as the air is filled with dust defeats the whole purpose the vacuum cleaner is only 18 months old and this has been a problem for a long time as well as the extra noise/ squealing. I clean as per instructions. Very disappointed my first Dyson was sooo much better. Wondering why I waisted so much money.

Undies
Undies

Our Big Ball finally died ( motor ) after a few years of use. Ours ejected dust out the rear motor exit constantly. I thought why not, may as well pull it apart to see what was going wrong inside. To my surprise....the large post motor filter had large holes in the element....so blowing dust out constantly...around our house and down our lungs. This part should never fall apart...but ours did not long after we bought it. This vacuum also has no pre motor filter...so the motor and compartment was full of fine dust, no wonder the motor cried no more. Why no pre motor filter ??? This is the last Dyson we buy.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball