Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Questions & Answers (page 3 of 6)

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

113 questions from our users

Imogenasked

Hello.
Our vacuum has almost no suction. Once it is turned on, it is at 100% for about two seconds and then there is an audible sound when the suction is lost.
When I take the canister away and put my hand over the hose hole, I can feel full suction but once it is all back together - no such luck.
I am not sure which of the big ball ones we have - it is purple if that helps!! :)

Looking forward to a positive solution.
Cheers ~ Imogen.

Hi Imogen,

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a loss of suction with your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machine, we are happy to help.

We would kindly ask you to go through the troubleshooting outlined in the video via this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxpwmCPj6uU

This should help you get your machine back up and running, however if you still experiencing a loss of suction, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted for you.

Imogen

Hello. The video didn't address the issue at all I am afraid. I had already watched that video however it was good to view it again..just in case.

I will now need to e-mail to the address you supplied - thank you for that contact.

Regards,

Buzzardasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

The cy22. when you turn it on dust comes out of the exhaust.even when canister is off ,I hold my hand over the suction hole then remove my hand and a huge amount of dust comes out.why?

Thank you for your query.

We are sorry to hear about this. We certainly wouldn't expect this behaviour from any Dyson machine.

For assistance we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Buzzard

We sent it out to be serviced.. thank you

Undies
Undies

Your post motor filter has probably fallen apart....like ours.

Richard Lewis

Richard Lewisasked

Cinetic Big Ball

How do I get the dusty foul smelling smell out of my Dyson big ball?

Karen k
Karen k

Sorry I don't know. I have only had mine a week.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your query.

We are sorry to hear a smell is coming from your Dyson machine.

Should any form of liquid or damp enter the machine, this may cause it to harbour a smell. We recommend carrying out the following steps which may dispel any odour.

After emptying you may rinse the clear bin in cold water as per the instructions in your user guide, ensuring that no detergents are used. Please don't remove the bin seals whilst washing the clear bin and most importantly ensure that the clear bin is completely dry before placing back onto the machine. Please note that the cyclone top assembly, which attaches on top of the bin, must be removed and is not washable.

We also recommend to let the hose, cyclone, floor tool and wand of your machine air out for 24-48 hours, ideally somewhere safe, dry and sunny.

If you need further assistance please call us on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EDST.

Marjorie M.

Marjorie M.asked

Cinetic Big Ball

My dyson is hard to push, the filter side when I rotate it left while vacuuming it’s hard to push?

Hi Marjorie,

Thank you for your query.

I am sorry to hear about this, so we can best assist we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

PenHasked

Cinetic Big Ball

I have the Cinetic Big Ball Animalpro and find that the dust collects only at the rear of the cylinder making it difficult to see when it has reached the maximum line. My previous vacuum spun the dust/dirt right around. Is this the normal operation?

Hi there,

Thank you for your query. We are happy to help.

When dust enters the bin it is spun out of the airflow. At the bottom of the dust bin there are plastic baffles to catch the dirt/hair/fluff and keep it down. If it wasn’t going to be caught, these would keep spinning and negatively affect the performance of the machine.

The way your dust bin fills depends on a number of factors, primarily the type of dust and dirt, and also the speed in which the particles enter the dust bin. If the majority of your debris is smaller, such as dust particles, sand, grit etc, it is more likely to evenly fill the bin bottom to top (think like a glass held unevenly under the tap).

If more carpet fibres, hairs threads etc are sucked through the machine, the fibres can catch onto each other as they spin through the dust bin. The baffles at the bottom will catch them, and they will tend to bundle together and build up and out from the one spot.

We hope this has satisfactorily answered your query today. If we can be of any further assistance or further information is required please don't hesitate to email our Dyson experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com or call us on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST.

PenH

Thank you Shan. I also have a problem with dragging the vacuum over carpets - it is really hard to push, even when releasing suction at the handle. Is there a multi-floor attachment with this model, or do I need to change heads from carpet to hard floors?
Many thanks,
Pen

Hi Pen,

Thank you for your query.

So we can assist with finding the right floor tool for you, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com. Alternate floor tools are available and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help find the right floor tool for your home.

Rosie

Rosieasked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

I have the Dyson big ball multi floor, when I use it on the timber floors it is leaving a rubber streak everywhere.
It looks like scratches but when I rub it comes away. I can’t really walk around the whole house afterwards rubbing off all the marks. I’ve tried adjusting the suction.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi Rosie,

Thank you for your query.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing rubber left on your floor. This is certainly not what we expect from any Dyson machine.

We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to assist.

Mouse

Mouseasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

My Dyson big ball animal has suddenly started spinning in the wrong direction so it’s just pushing animal hair all over the carpet. How do I get going in the right direction?

Hi there,

Thank you for your query. I am sorry to hear about this, however we are happy to help.

If the turbine head is blowing dust around, there is most likely a blockage within the turbine head itself.

We recommend to remove the brushbar using a ten or twenty cent coin to twist the cap at the end of the cleanerhead that retains the brushbar counterclockwise (as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpXtMpytFJc). Once done, you will be able to remove both the cap and the brushbar. Please then check the cavity where the brushbar was in the cleanerhead and clear out any debris. You should be able to look through the neck of the head and see straight through. Please then reassemble and retry the turbine.

In the unlikely event you are still experiencing difficulty, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to further assist.

Wendy

Wendyasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

I have the Dyson chimeric big ball and cannot figure out how to switch the suction to floors from the tool wand. Help?

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your query.

I am sorry to hear about this, we are happy to help.

You can see a video here showing how to use the accessories on your Cinetic Big Ball: https://youtu.be/YSVwJNx3ZSs?t=115

If we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Robert

Robertasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Our Dyson canister cinectic ball has good suction but with head attached and brush spinning wont pick up anything dog hair just piles up against head assembly. Noticed that lever on handle no longer adjusts brush speed, any help?

Nar
Nar

Unfortunately my brush head has stopped rotating so won’t pick up any fluff at all. I have emailed Dyson and received a reply with suggestions for fixing the problem - so far they have been unsuccessful.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your query. Sorry to hear about this, we are happy to help.

In the unlikely event you are still experiencing difficulty, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist further.

Marz

Marzasked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

Hi I am having trouble trying to find a head floor brush for this vacuum. Any suggestion where to find one?

Hi there,

Thank you for your query, we are happy to help.

While the Musclehead included with your machine will work across both carpets and hard floors, should you prefer a separate hard floor tool please be assured there is one available. To order, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EDST.

Suze Qasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Cinetic animal pro. Very high noise and dusty smell on startup. Can I fix it?

Strickk
Strickk

Go to the horses mouth and check out Dyson website..washing the see thru case with a damp cloth could help.

Sharryn
Sharryn

I have sent mine back to Dyson and they can’t fix it. The high pitched squeal is there to stay I’m afraid.

Thanks people

PPP

PPPasked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

I got Dyson Cinetic Big Ball and used for Carpet, and I am not totally satisfied. Looking at the reviews and comments, I thought I got the right vacuum, but, looks like I got wrong one to use for carpet. This model come with a flat head with blue rubber thing which makes it hard to drag as well.

Any idea, if this is the correct model to use for the carpet or I have to buy another accessories to get it working in carpet?

Hi there,

Thank you for your query, we are happy to help.

We can confirm all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machines are suitable for use on carpets and hard floors. The Musclehead of your machine will automatically adjust between the two surfaces. That being said, if you do find the head hard to push, we encourage you to move the red slider on the front of the head away from the "MAX" setting, this should make the machine easier to push.

I hope this helps, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist further.

Nilesh M

Nilesh Masked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

I just bought multifloor. I had to hard push the muscle head to carpet. I tried to reduce suction to the lowest but still I feel like I’m dragging the head to the carpet. Does the blue thing on muscle head should be lower or closed in while on carpet? I feel like the blue thing on muscle head is down all the time.

Colleen Taylor
Colleen Taylor

Close it I would think.

Hi Nilesh,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble using the MuscleHead on your carpets.

So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Carissa

Carissaasked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

I have a Dyson cinetic big ball multifloor vacumm it is just over 12mths old and a few days ago I was vacumning and there was a yucky smell coming out of the back vents. What would be causing this? How do I get rid of it?

Hi Carissa,

We are sorry to hear a smell is coming from your Dyson machine.

We also recommend to let the hose, floor tool, bin, cyclone and wand of your machine air out for 24-48 hours, ideally somewhere safe, dry and sunny.

This should help, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to further assist.

samtheboxerasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

I just purchased the Big Ball canister Animal. It has amazing power, however, it's very difficult to push on carpet. My carpet is not that thick. Am I doing something wrong?

Lawrence H
Lawrence H

We bought the same Cinetic two days ago, and trying to use it today, the vacuum was very hard to push on our low-pile carpet. The suction was so strong that it lifted the carpet where the vacuum was used for 30 seconds. I see that Dyson has avoided providing an answer to your problem. I await their response with keen interest.

BGWSA
BGWSA

There is a suction control (Red Switch) on the musclehead tool which can be moved to reduce suction hence making it easier to push

samtheboxer

Yes, indeed there is suction control. But to use it the entire time I vacuum is a bit ridiculous. I think the carpet attachment needs to be wider for fewer passes and redesigned to move smoother. Other than that one issue this vacuum is the best!

Jacinta

Jacintaasked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

I purchased a mattress tool only to find that there is no way to attach it to the barrel. Although it says it will fit all vacuums and I call the tech support line to confirm that? Does anyone have the same problem??

Hi Jacinta,

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear this, however to confirm, if this Mattress Tool was purchased at one of our Retail Partners, it will fit with the adaptor originally included with your Cinetic Big Ball machine.

I hope this helps, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to further assist.

Swetha
Swetha

Hi , my issue is exactly the same....I cannot attach the mattress tool to my multifloor dyson and I do not have any other adaptor other than what I am using now....Plz help...

DysonDyson

For assistance, we kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Gladys B

Gladys Basked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

Big ball multi floor vacuum two years old, ''whistling'' noise, i think coming from brush head when hoovering carpet. Any idea of a cure? been getting worse over last three months.
Gladys B

Hi Gladys,

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear your machine is making a whistling sound. We will be happy to help. So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch.

Emily

Emilyasked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

I just received and opened my Dyson Cinetic Big Ball and I am extremely disappointed with the suction. I have to go over the same spot several times and it still doesn’t pick up everything. My old dyson worked way better, but we lost it in a flood and can’t buy the same one anymore! Did I receive a faulty one or is it really just this bad?

Hi Emily,

Thank you for your question.

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with the suction for your machine. We'd recommend to contact our helpline directly at 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Alternatively please send an email through to auaskdyson@dyson.com for further assistance.

Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-7pm and on Sat-Sun 8.30am-4pm.

We look forward to hearing from you and helping you resolve this issue.

KWG

KWGasked

Cinetic Big Ball

The Big Ball Barrell has different models. Can you explain the different features please?

Ally
Ally

My Dyson has easy to wash filter and comes with 5 extra attachments for easy efficient cleaning. It also comes with an attachment to vacuum your lounge suite. Dyson vacuum cleaners are excellent for getting animal hair from carpets, I love my Dyson.

Hi there,

Thank you for your question and your interest in our technology.

The difference between the machines in our Cinetic Big Ball range are the tools that come with the machines. You can make a comparison by viewing the machines on the links below and checking the "In the Box" section:

Linda T

Linda Tasked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

I have a dyson ball vacuum that is 18 months old. It has an adjustable floor/carpet head. Can I buy a turbo head and replace the old head?

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your question.

The Turbine head should be compatible with your machine. To confirm, please send an email including your serial number through to auaskdyson@dyson.com and one of our experts will be in touch as soon as possible to assist.

Facebook.com/Dyson

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball