Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Questions & Answers (page 4 of 6)

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

113 questions from our users

Rhonda V

Rhonda Vasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Does the Dyson Cinetec Big Ball Animal Pro loose suction when you use the turbo head compared with using multi floor head?

Hi Rhonda,

Thank you for your question.

The Turbine head should provide superior performance on carpet. If this is not the case we'd recommend to reach out to our experts directly via email at auaskdyson@dyson.com.

Jennyettieasked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

I bought my cinetic big ball multi floor Dyson from Harvey Norman in February this year but I've found it to be very disappointing. I've had 2 Dysons previously, an upright and a barrel type and was extremely happy with them. Both easy to empty. I chose this one because there's no need to wash any filter but I think that's just gimmick. This flimsy plastic sliding idea is not good at all. The first time I went to empty this one, the bottom catch gave way and dust and dirt went all over the floor. Each time I have to make very sure it has clicked in properly because it nearly always doesn't. Now the sliding mechanism has become stuck and it is very hard to push it down and then hard to push back up again, (and then make sure the flap has closed properly). I wonder if I should take it back to Harvey Norman. Would they replace the dust cylinder? Or would a new one do the same thing? I've read where others have said the bottom flap doesn't always shut properly.

Jenny
Jenny

Hi Jennyette, I have not had any problems with my Dyson vacuum. I generally take out the extended warranty when I purchase goods like this. I know from experience having had problems with a washing machine purchased from Harvey Norman that they are only too happy to assist when problems arise. I would take it back and explain the problems you are having. I am sure they would be only too happy to either have your vacuum repaired or replace it. There is so much competition in the industry that they will want to keep their customers happy. I hope this helps Jennyette and good luck. Regards Jenny

Thank you for your question.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the bin on your Cinetic Big Ball machine. We wouldn't expect it to open unexpectedly, nor for it to be hard to open.

You are welcome to contact the store for assistance, however we are happy to help as well. Please just email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to assist.

Jennyettie

Thank you, Shan, but I have already rung Dyson and a new canister is being sent. It was obviously a faulty one right from the start. I hope the new one will be normal and I can once again enjoy vacuuming with my Dyson.

Robertasked

Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

We have a dyson cinetic big ball allergy ... the power head has just stopped working. We have dismantled and reassembled the head and there are no blockages and there are no blockages in the machine. It still has good suction, just the power brush is not working. Any ideas?

Mumof4boys
Mumof4boys

Hey,
Make sure it's not tangled with hair or anything like that (cotton etc)

Hi Mumof4boys.
Thanks, we have done that too with no success.

Hi Robert,

I am sorry to hear about this.

We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help in getting this resolved.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you.

leni

leniasked

Cinetic Big Ball

just bought a Dyson cinetic big ball.. I want to purchase the turbine head attachment. will the two items be compatible?

Hi Leni,

Thank you for your query.

While there is a Turbine Head available, it isn't currently available online to purchase.

To ensure you get the right one for your machine, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our Dyson Experts are available Monday - Friday 8 am - 7 pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30 am - 4 pm EST and will be happy to help you place an order.

We look forward to assisting you.

Rick
Rick

We were not told about Turbine head, what is the cost $$$$

Jade M

Jade Masked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Hi there - I've noticed that my dyson animalpro has started blowing dust out of the vents at the back of the machine; I have ended up with big balls of dust filling the room. The machine is only a couple of months old. Is there a way to clean out a filter??? Thank you in advance.

Hi Jade,

Thank you for your query.

I am sorry to hear about this. This certainly shouldn't be happening.

We would kindly ask for you to email your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to assist in getting this sorted.

Sophia H

Sophia Hasked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

Before I use the Philip vacuum cleaner $140 but the sucking strength is very strong when I take out the head to use the pipe only but my Dyson Big ball multifloor only has one mode, can not make it stronger and when take the head out to use the pipe only like the Philip, it sucks weakly that the little things can not go in if it's deep enough but the Philip one can. Sometimes the place does not need the head, do you have anything stronger than this and can adjust the speed or the strength of the machine? Thanks.

xena
xena

That i am not so sure im sorry, mine is totally fine though i had no complains with it. I guess it just depends on how powerful u want a vacuum to be as mine is enough to clean those deep dust. There maybe great product s out there that better im sure

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for your query.

While the motor speed of the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor is set to go at one speed, we don't anticipate you'd have any trouble with the suction.

If your machine isn't working as you believe it should, please email our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be more than happy to help.

Amanda
Amanda

Do you use another attachment on it when you take the everyday head off? I like the long flat kind of one to do along my edges etc I find it gets great suction better than just the hose itself because it is a smaller area.

Jaycurtis

Jaycurtisasked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

Why do I have to change my Dyson hard floor head to carpet head all the Tim, not happy with my Dyson vacuum cleaner

Mel
Mel

I'm not sure sorry, I don't have to with mine but have the option to if I want to

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your question.

The Cinetic Big Ball Multifloor has one head called the Musclehead that automatically adjusts to suit the floor surface. There aren't separate heads for hard floor and carpet for this machine. We are assuming that you might have a different model that has two main heads or that you are having issues with the Musclehead.

So we can discuss your concerns, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to assist.

Sharonasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

My Dyson Cinetic Big Ball doesn't seem to work properly on the carpet. I used to have a Dyson previously that had a turbo head on it and it worked so well this new one doesn't seem to pick up the fluff as easy. I feel that there isn't half as much suction as the old one. Is the turbine head really turbo like the old style turbo heads? If it is, why doesn't it have as much suction when I use it on the carpets. Works great on the tiles.

Dennis b
Dennis b

Ours has two heads one for carpet and one for hard floors to be honest I’ve never bothered using the hard floor one

Sharon

Yes our one does too. The hard floor one works great its just the carpet one doesn't seem to work very well. I use both heads and swap them depending on which floor it is. Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble using your machine on carpets. We would kindly ask for you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help.

debcoopz6

debcoopz6asked

Cinetic Big Ball

why cant I vacuum forwards on the carpet? I can only vacuum backwards on the carpet.

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble using your machine. If you have the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor that comes with the Musclehead, please slide the slider on the front of the head away from the "MAX" setting. This should make it easier to use.

If you continue to experience difficulty or have another type of Cinetic Big Ball machine, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to assist further.

Martin

Martinasked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

How do you use the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor on carpet? A recent purchase that can’t be moved across carpet easily, the store won’t return money because they say it has been opened. Hopefully there is a solution

Joel S
Joel S

The head on my vacuum has a little foot operated pedal when changing from hard floor to carpet

Hi Martin,

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor comes with the Musclehead that automatically adjusts between carpets and hard floors. If you are finding it is hard to use, please slide the slider on the front of the head away from the "MAX" setting. This should make it easier to use.

If you continue to experience difficulty, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to assist further.

Kathy

Kathyasked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

Is there an adaptor for Cinetic big ball multi floor to fit a DC19Y attachments there was one in the box but doesn't fit DC19Y attachments?

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your question.

The adaptor that comes in the box is designed to allow some previous model tools to be used on your new machine. The DC19 had quite a unique connection and unfortunately this and all adaptors will not allow you to use the tools on your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multifloor, apologies for any disappointment.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 or send us through an email to auaskdyson@dyson.com.

Cobes84

Cobes84asked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

The sides of my Dyson cinetic big ball animal pro have come off when I open the brand new box ?
( I did buy if off someone and it's been in the box new for two years )
What should I do as this vacuum will be out of warranty and it's never been used !
Help i really want to use it

Hi Cobes,

Thanks for your question and sorry to hear this has occurred.

The machine will need to be assessed at a Dyson service centre. So we can arrange this for you, please email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, your product review and the machine's serial number and we will in touch to help you.

Sueasked

Cinetic Big Ball

I've had a kinetic barrel vac for a few months & have had nothing but trouble with it. Every time I went to empty it dust would spew everywhere. I had the dust collecting cylinder replaced, but I'm still having trouble & now it even spews dust into the room when I'm vacuuming. I've watched the videos to change or clean filters but my model isn't the same. If there are filters that need to be changed how do I do that? I will never buy another Dyson vacuum cleaner, they are just too dirty. Also it seems to me that the clicking on & off of the hoses & brushes is simply a money making venture. You actually have to bend down to change brushes instead of just using your feet to do so. Really not a good design, but just my opinion

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your question and sorry to hear you feel this way about your machine.

The machine should be expelling cleaner air, not be emitting dust back into the room. The Cinetic Big Ball machines have internal filtration. There are no filters for you to wash or replace.

To discuss this further with us, and so we can assist you, please email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, your product review and the machine's serial number and we will in touch.

Maree P
Maree P

Omg.... my Dyson animal pro vacuum is doing the same. I vacuumed an average size room (3x3) and the vacuum spewed out so much dust that the air was hazy and it put an obvious layer of dust on my just cleaned glass dining table... I normally can't fault Dyson and have had Dyson vacuums for the past 15 years! But this is ridiculous.... my new Dyson is terrible!!!!

Sue

Clearly Dyson are not listening to any one of us, as it is clear that I am not the only one with this problem. I have now sent an e-mail to Dyson and we will see what type of response I receive and whether there are actually any positive steps that can be taken to fix my problem.

P.S

P.Sasked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

My Dyson Bigball Multi floor Musclehead had a small C shaped Connector that connects it with the Dyson Hose got broken. Should I replace the whole Musclehead or can it be fixed?

Thank you for your question.

We are sorry to hear this has happened. If possible please send through a photo of the broken part through to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we'll be able to guide you in the right direction.

hass

hassasked

Cinetic Big Ball

My house having both carpeted and wooden/hard floor surface. pls tell me what is the best vacuum cleaner for meet both floor requirements? is it multi floor or ailergy?

Hi Hass,

Thank you for your question.

The Multi-floor will come with a floor tool designed for both carpets and hard floors while the Allergy comes with the Turbine head which will work better on carpets.

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal will come with the Turbine head for carpets and a Hard floor tool.

If you'd like a call to discuss the best machine for your needs please send through an email to auaskdyson@dyson.com with your preferred contact number.

Cheryl C

Cheryl Casked

Cinetic Big Ball

I have a Dyson cinetic big ball, while operating it the other day I lost a part from the brush bar, the part that is missing is where the filter is (the round plug for want of a better word that goes over the filter. As this is missing the brush bar has no suction. I am trying to find where I can purchase this part and not have to replace the whole brush bar

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for your question. The circular piece that holds in the brush bar is called the end cap, this is the part that you would remove with a coin. The part on the other side that looks like a mesh filter is called the Lint Filter assembly.

Please email our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, the machine's serial number and a description of the issue and a photo of the affected area and we will be happy to help.

Hey

Heyasked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

I have a cinetic big ball Dyson multifloor but I do not know if the blue part on the musclehead is supposed be down while doing timber flooring or up. Anyone?

Hi there,

Thanks for your question.

The purple seal around the underside of the musclehead floor tool should be in a down position when the machine is switched on and the floor tool is on a hard floor surface, it should retract upwards when on carpet. Please note that you can also adjust the suction using the 2 red sliders on the top of the head.

Please note that the suction needs to be going through the head for it to be able to adjust.

If you need further assistance please reach out to our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, a description of the issue and the machine's serial number and we will be more than happy to help.

Rain

Rainasked

Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

I have a Dyson 214891-01 Cinetic Big Ball Allergy Barrel Vacuum and recently bought a Dyson 920018 Swivel Hard Floor Attachment, but it does not fit my vacuum! This is despite it being advertised as "fits all models except DC01, DC21 Motorhead, DC23 Motorhead and cordless models". Is there an adapter to make it fit?

Hi Rain,

Thank you for your query.

In the box included with your Cinetic Big Ball machine at time of purchase, there is an adaptor included to allow use of accessories purchased at store. You can see it in use here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGAgc2Cw6wg

If we can assist further, please just reach out via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be more than happy to help.

Catherine C

Catherine Casked

Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

I have just brought this today, great suction lasted about 10 minutes, it already doesnt suck very well! Emptied it and checked for blockages (definatly not, because i only vacuumed a small area). This is so disappointing! Does anyone have advice?

Dennis
Dennis

I would take straight back to your retailer for an exchange.

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for reaching out.

I am sorry to hear about this, understanding you have checked for blockages, we would encourage you to double check just in case. You can find our blockage checkpoints here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/cy23_new/dyson-cinetic-big-ball-allergy/my-machine-is-not-working/checking-for-blockages-step-by-step-guide-dmft/removing-blockages-from-the-turbine-head

If this doesn't solve the problem, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy and we will be happy to help. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8 am - 8 pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30 am - 4 pm AEDST.

cwb

cwbasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Why does my dyson fill the air with dust? Coming out of the back of machine

Ttt
Ttt

Mine has never done that, maybe it’s a fault, I would contact Dyson immediately

Hi there,

This is certainly not something we would expect your machine to do.

Please reach out to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and our team will be more than happy to help and get this sorted.

Facebook.com/Dyson

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball